PDA

View Full Version : ESPNDallas: Nuggets coach George Karl wants Mavericks not Thunder in playoffs

JordansBulls
04-08-2011, 11:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6305580

After losing to the Nuggets on Wednesday night, the Mavericks are only one game ahead of the Oklahoma City Thunder for the third seed in the West with four regular-season games remaining. As a division champion, the Thunder would have the tiebreaker despite losing the season series to Dallas.

"If we had to pick and choose on it, we would probably say 55 percent Dallas, 45 percent Oklahoma City, only because Oklahoma City is athletic like we are and they have two great players," Denver coach George Karl told Ian Fitzsimmons of ESPN 103.3 FM's Galloway and Company, referring to Thunder forward Kevin Durant and point guard Russell Westbrook. "They have two All-Stars who are really in their prime and have never won on the playoff stage. I just think right now our speed might have more effect against Dallas than it will against Oklahoma City."

Slimsim
04-08-2011, 11:28 AM
That would be another first round exit for the power house mavs. Gallo > Dirk

goblazers7
04-08-2011, 11:30 AM
As a Portland fan, I'm pretty sure every 5-8 seed wants Dallas. There's no doubt in my mind that we would be Dallas in 7 games. OKC will be crazy in the playoffs, 5-8 seeds dont want to play them when they have HCA.

210Don
04-08-2011, 11:32 AM
yup everyone wants dallas no one is scared of them.
where are those dallasa fans now? lol best team they ever had hahahah

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Bcuz Dallas is 1 of 3 teams that will likely lose in the first round. But I wouldn't mind us snatchin that 3rd seed

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 11:37 AM
yup everyone wants dallas no one is scared of them.
where are those dallasa fans now? lol best team they ever had hahahah

Exactly, n especially Bcuz they got beat by Golden State

allSUAVE
04-08-2011, 11:42 AM
they would give Dallas a hard time

despite the success Gallo is having, he still wants to be a knick again.

JonnyBrav000
04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
I respect his honesty. Will the Nuggets beat the Mavs if they play??? It would be a great series, I think that Nuggets/Knicks trade worked out well for both teams now and for the future.

ULT WARRIOR408
04-08-2011, 11:49 AM
I feel coach Karl,he feels that his team matches up better against the Mavs & I agree.

ULT WARRIOR408
04-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I respect his honesty. Will the Nuggets beat the Mavs if they play??? It would be a great series, I think that Nuggets/Knicks trade worked out well for both teams now and for the future.

More so for the Nuggets right now imo.:cool:

The Jokemaker
04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Well if he wants then he needs to start losing some games.

AIRMAR72
04-08-2011, 12:04 PM
ive BEEN saying this since i join PSD early in the season and guys and ladys on here HAD JOKES okc COULD beat the lakers but it depends on how durant plays its their TURN to RULE the WEST lakers just better be ready cause i hear them thunders COMING...lookout laker fan

iggypop123
04-08-2011, 12:06 PM
a team that folds wants a team that folds. interesting

Avenged
04-08-2011, 12:10 PM
:laugh2: everyone wants the Mavericks. One lower seeded team is going to get lucky.

;)

210Don
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
ive BEEN saying this since i join PSD early in the season and guys and ladys on here HAD JOKES okc COULD beat the lakers but it depends on how durant plays its their TURN to RULE the WEST lakers just better be ready cause i hear them thunders COMING...lookout laker fan

you wont even get past the 2nd round lol

sep11ie
04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Spurs will be a 1 and done too.

Avenged
04-08-2011, 12:22 PM

Nah, it's still a joke. ;)

They could but most likely won't. I think next season will be the Thunder's year to take over the West but as of right now, the Lakers, Spurs, and maybe Mavs are better. If the Mavs weren't known to choke, I wouldn't be so reluctant to put them ahead of OKC..

210Don
04-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Spurs will be a 1 and done too.

factual evidence?:confused:

Baller1
04-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I like Karl and wanna see them get past the first round, so I kinda hope they get to play the Mavs too.

danniboi168
04-08-2011, 12:45 PM
haha everyone wants dallas

MrfadeawayJB
04-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Mavs will lose again, suprise suprise

king4day
04-08-2011, 12:59 PM
I dont' agree with Karl saying this publically but I agree with him.
I feel like OKC is the 2nd best in the West behind LA and just ahead of SA.

210Don
04-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I dont' agree with Karl saying this publically but I agree with him.
I feel like OKC is the 2nd best in the West behind LA and just ahead of SA.

okc is not better than the spurs. maybe next year i still think they need a better 2 guard

allSUAVE
04-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Gallo Cwill & felton

tear them boys up man ,for real!

Baller1
04-08-2011, 01:14 PM
okc is not better than the spurs. maybe next year i still think they need a better 2 guard

Since the trade, James Harden has averaged 17 points a game and played extremely well-rounded, efficient basketball. We're a much, much better team with Perkins in and Green out.

210Don
04-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Since the trade, James Harden has averaged 17 points a game and played extremely well-rounded, efficient basketball. We're a much, much better team with Perkins in and Green out.

i still think your team is too young i and tbh i dont think kd & westbrook can get it done.

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 01:25 PM

Actually we are betta then the Spurs. We have a Sg and his name is James Harden(17ppg since the trade). But I do have ya losing in the 1st round along with the Mavs and Heat

210Don
04-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Actually we are betta then the Spurs. We have a Sg and his name is James Harden(17ppg since the trade). But I do have ya losing in the 1st round along with the Mavs and Heat

lmao!

Lake_Show2416
04-08-2011, 01:31 PM

no actually your not :laugh2:

mjokc
04-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I have to agree that okc is not better than the spurs wtf. What has OKC proven? Spurs have proven that they can win championships.

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 01:41 PM
i still think your team is too young i and tbh i dont think kd & westbrook can get it done.

Hater, I bet you haven't even watch us play

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Just wait till the playoffs..Ya won't make it in the 2nd round

210Don
04-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Hater, I bet you haven't even watch us play

lmao!!!! ive seen the thunder play alot! and since when is stating facts being a hater? come with something better next time.

Ebbs
04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
That would be another first round exit for the power house mavs. Gallo > Dirk

I don't blame people for wanting the Mavs as we have played like Garbage of late. But that is a joke . . .

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 03:38 PM
lmao!!!! ive seen the thunder play alot! and since when is stating facts being a hater? come with something better next time.

HATER, Get off mah level. If you watched us a lot then you'll realize that we got a betta chance to win the championship then ya

210Don
04-08-2011, 03:40 PM
HATER, Get off mah level. If you watched us a lot then you'll realize that we got a betta chance to win the championship then ya

not this year but im sure you will win a couple no hate......next year will be yalls year.

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 03:50 PM
not this year but im sure you will win a couple no hate......next year will be yalls year.

Thanks, but This year its gonna be..

Western Finals
Okc vs Lakers

Okc win

Eastern Finals
Bulls vs Celtics

Bulls win

Okc vs Bulls

Then it would be a heads up on who plays betta

Baller1
04-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Western Finals
Okc vs Lakers

Okc win

Eastern Finals
Bulls vs Celtics

Bulls win

Okc vs Bulls

You are extremely confident my man.

sep11ie
04-08-2011, 03:54 PM
factual evidence?:confused:

Evidence will provided at a later date.

Crackadalic
04-08-2011, 04:00 PM
If they Meet in the first round gallo is gonna light Dirk up.

CBCable
04-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Gallo over Dirk? Ha ha ha.

Not to say 5-8 couldn't knock off the Mavs, as we all know their history, but despite this poor stretch, this is still a loaded veteran team.

Be careful what you wish for is all.

allSUAVE
04-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Gallo Cwill Felton nene jr smith tylaw> jkidd dirk and TYchandler jterry

BallIsAll
04-08-2011, 04:15 PM
theres a lot of trash talking going on

fact is i rather face okc

lawson has proven he can beat westbrook on offense and westbrook gets offended to easily and makes dumb plays.. then everything else levels out.. plus we'll have afflalo and bird back which will help us a whole lot on defense.

im confident we can beat OKC and pretty sure we can beat dallas.

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 04:17 PM
You are extremely confident my man.

Thanks bro, Last year we lack 2 things against The Champs..Size and Experience. We got experience from playin L.A, We have size with Perkins n Mohammed. Im very excited for the playoffs

Baller1
04-08-2011, 04:25 PM

lawson has proven he can beat westbrook on offense and westbrook gets offended to easily and makes dumb plays.. then everything else levels out.. plus we'll have afflalo and bird back which will help us a whole lot on defense.

You guys are not beating OKC in a 7 game series.

210Don
04-08-2011, 04:28 PM

idk bout that this years nuggets can be like last years thunder and come outta no where.....

Baller1
04-08-2011, 04:29 PM
idk bout that this years nuggets can be like last years thunder and come outta no where.....

And still lose in the first round...

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 04:37 PM

LoL, Even your coach wouldn't want to play us..Come'on, ya are a good team but if we played in the playoffs ya won't win. But I like your confidence tho, I would rather ya take out The Mavs(Easy team to beat)

SteBO
04-08-2011, 04:40 PM
LoL, Even your coach wouldn't want to play us..Come'on, ya are a good team but if we played in the playoffs ya won't win. But I like your confidence tho, I would rather ya take out The Mavs(Easy team to beat)

Too much talking for a team that has yet prove anything. Just wait until the playoffs man. Let everything play out before making these bold, sigworthy claims. BTW, the Spurs are more than capable of beating OKC this year.

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Too much talking for a team that has yet prove anything. Just wait until the playoffs man. Let everything play out before making these bold, sigworthy claims. BTW, the Spurs are more than capable of beating OKC this year.

We'll see then, N your Heat will choke too

Spurs
Mavs
Heat

All will lose in the 1st round

Quote it If you want

210Don
04-08-2011, 04:55 PM
We'll see then, N your Heat will choke too

Spurs
Mavs
Heat

All will lose in the 1st round

Quote it If you want

dude stfu :facepalm:
you know nothing about bball if you think all 3 will lose in first round....

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 06:10 PM
dude stfu :facepalm:
you know nothing about bball if you think all 3 will lose in first round....

I don't kno anything about basketball?? Dude you don't kno **** about basketball. If Miami play NY, NY will pull an upset. If Dallas play against Denver, Denver pulls a upset. N your spurs will choke to anyone Bcuz ya are aged up. Your just complaining Bcuz you blow donkey balls

John Walls Era
04-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Translate: We know Mavs are choke artists.

Rego247
04-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Translate: We know Mavs are choke artists.

this.

210Don
04-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't kno anything about basketball?? Dude you don't kno **** about basketball. If Miami play NY, NY will pull an upset. If Dallas play against Denver, Denver pulls a upset. N your spurs will choke to anyone Bcuz ya are aged up. Your just complaining Bcuz you blow donkey balls

were too old your too young... see what i did there?

gatkins11
04-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't blame coach Karl for wanting to play the Mavs. Doesn't every west playoff team?

THE GIPPER
04-08-2011, 07:40 PM

Western Finals
Okc vs Lakers

Okc win

Eastern Finals
Bulls vs Celtics

Bulls win

Okc vs Bulls

Oh good we know how the playoffs will end up now. No point in playing the games in the west cuz the thunder will be there anyway :rolleyes:

_KB24_
04-08-2011, 07:45 PM
OKC are certainly my dark house contender. No one would like to see them in the playoffs. I'd still prefer that they go ahead with the Spurs in the 2nd round and either A)Take them to war and lose in a long series or B)Knock them out. That would leave us with Dallas in the 2nd round which I'm extremely confident in and than go up against the Thunder in which we have HCA which would be huge for us.

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh good we know how the playoffs will end up now. No point in playing the games in the west cuz the thunder will be there anyway :rolleyes:

LoL, Sry I keep tellin people the future :)

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 08:20 PM
were too old your too young... see what i did there?

Yea you admit that ya are too old :D

210Don
04-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Yea you admit that ya are too old :D

u assume that check the rankings were not the oldest state facts please.

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 11:20 PM
u assume that check the rankings were not the oldest state facts please.

Yea check ya last 10 games n our last 10 games. Ya are gettin older as the season goes by. Tim Duncan is a future HOF but he's hit that age that younger n athletic forward destroy him. But its koo, I understand that you don't wanna accept that ya won't win a ring for a while

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 11:23 PM
N ya can have the best record in the west..it doesn't mean anything. Just asked Dallas :D

210Don
04-08-2011, 11:29 PM
k u bet against tim duncan, tony parker, and manu hahahahaha

The BodyGuard
04-08-2011, 11:44 PM
k u bet against tim duncan, tony parker, and manu hahahahaha

Oook, Was that supposed to scare me?? Ya were the past, We are the future

Pg- Westbrook > Parker
Sg- Harden = Manu
Sf- Durant > Jefferson
Pf- Ibaka > Duncan(Gettin old n can't guard ibaka)
C- Perkins > Blair

Enough said
:moon:

210Don
04-08-2011, 11:48 PM

Pg- Westbrook > Parker
Sg- Harden = Manu
Sf- Durant > Jefferson
C- Perkins > Blair

Enough said

wow your almost as bad as those mavs fan. one thing both yall have in common? overrated and havent done **** in playoffs....
lmao @ harden = manu & ibaka over td hahahahahahaha:facepalm:

THE GIPPER
04-08-2011, 11:55 PM

Pg- Westbrook > Parker
Sg- Harden = Manu
Sf- Durant > Jefferson
C- Perkins > Blair

Enough said

Manu is better than harden and duncan is better than ibaka no doubt

SEATTLEredsox
04-08-2011, 11:58 PM
As an OKC fan, I'd much rather face Denver than Portland. Adding Gerald Wallace was easily the most overlooked deadline trade. Better not go and start bombing, coach Karl.

The BodyGuard
04-09-2011, 12:02 AM
wow your almost as bad as those mavs fan. one thing both yall have in common? overrated and havent done **** in playoffs....
lmao @ harden = manu & ibaka over td hahahahahahaha:facepalm:

Keep thinkin its funny, Ya gonna be the Mavs v2

N yea ino Harden is probably betta then Manu too. N Duncan CAN'T contain ibaka, let me spell it out for you C.A.N.T .. But enough with this trash talk, We'll see wats up in the playoffs. So good luck, Hope ya choke :rolleyes:

The BodyGuard
04-09-2011, 12:07 AM
As an OKC fan, I'd much rather face Denver than Portland. Adding Gerald Wallace was easily the most overlooked deadline trade. Better not go and start bombing, coach Karl.

Yea they've been beastin since that trade, Imagine if Brandon Roy stayed healthy :speechless:

DirksHeadband
04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Way too many Mavs hatred on here. You guys just keep hatin while Dallas comes in and beats your a$$es. Careful what you wish for. Dallas wants the spurs, we're not scared of those clowns and that bald spotted ginobili. Mavs will beat Portland or Denver in 6. They're streaky, lucky shot making, inexperienced teams.

The BodyGuard
04-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Manu is better than harden and duncan is better than ibaka no doubt

Duncan hasn't been the same, He's been outperform by stronger/athletic forwards. N No one really watch Harden since the the deadline. He's been lightin it up off the bench(next years starter) . But the reason ya would pick Duncan n Manu ova Ibaka n Harden is Bcuz ya won sum rings. The spurs HAVE a great coach In Gregg Pop. We are the underdogs n this year we'll sho that we probably young but we are gonna bring a thunderbolt to the playoffs. This is our year

_KB24_
04-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Denver reminds me of a college team. They're playing college ball with no true superstar and a bunch of really good role players who are full of tenacity and enthusiasm. They can certainly upset any team.

sargon21
04-09-2011, 01:06 AM
harden>manu is blasphemy

MacFitz92
04-09-2011, 02:00 AM

Pg- Westbrook > Parker
Sg- Harden = Manu
Sf- Durant > Jefferson
C- Perkins > Blair

Enough said

Lol.

BallIsAll
04-09-2011, 03:38 AM

coming from the guy claiming westbrook is better than rose :facepalm::facepalm:

BallIsAll
04-09-2011, 03:42 AM

Pg- Westbrook = Parker
Sg- Harden <X3 Manu
Sf- Durant > Jefferson
Pf- Ibaka < Duncan(Gettin old n can't guard ibaka)
C- Perkins = Blair

Enough said

first of all its you not ya....

the bolded were fixed

Missing56&33
04-09-2011, 09:55 AM
I think George Karl better stop asking for something he may not be able to handle. Should be ready to play anybody.

Gators123
04-09-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't know if Denver can win a series, but they will definitely cause some trouble.

BlondeBomber41
04-09-2011, 09:01 PM
The Mavs will make it past the 1st round. Whoever they face, they'll make it. Complacency and possibly some tired legs have lead to uninspired play as of late, but guys are getting some rest and I dont see them being uninspired in the playoffs.

Does that mean I think they beat LA in the second round? Hell no.

Lake_Show2416
04-11-2011, 11:58 AM
The BodyGuard is such a delusional basketball fan, basically talking outta ur :moon:, u honestly sound ridiculous with ur logic

Punk
04-11-2011, 01:12 PM
This is how it is:

Nuggets fans need to stop it. They are not beating OKC in a 7 game series. Your not. Stop thinking you will. You couldn't beat them in a week's span of time.

Spurs fans need to stop thinking your team is untouchable. They can get beat by OKC very easily. It would take atleast 6 games but there is no way anyone can start over-hyping their team.

OKC cannot beat the Lakers yet either.

Dallas vs Denver? Be careful of what you ask for.

Baller1
04-11-2011, 01:29 PM
We can beat the Lakers in a series.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Duh!