PDA

View Full Version : Durant: "The Fans Have Forgotten Me"

td0tsfinest
04-07-2011, 11:14 PM
“I guess I’m flying under the radar,’’ the Oklahoma City forward said in an interview with HoopsHype, as if it’s really possible for the 6-foot-9 star to avoid detection devices.

But it was Durant who brought up the belief his Q rating has slipped this season. It all started when he was asked about being on the verge of winning a second straight scoring crown.

“A lot of people forgot about me this year,’’ said Durant, averaging 27.8 points. “So I guess if I get the scoring title, I guess people will remember me. Last year, I kind of jumped on the scene. I’m the old guy. I’m not going out there and averaging 40 points a game and stuff like that. So people forgot about me. So, hopefully, the scoring title I guess will let people to know, ‘Hey, I’m here still.’’’

Hoopshype (http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/tomasson/2011/04/07/durants-under-the-radar-season/#ixzz1ItijKz36)

Do you believe this? Have people been sleeping on the NBA leading scorer?

There was so much KD hype during the summer, a lot of people claimed he was the best player in the league but the hype has since fizzled.

Baller1
04-07-2011, 11:16 PM
He's not forgotten, he's just old news. His turn was last year, Rose was the man this year.

Westbrook's emergence as a star didn't help either.

210Don
04-07-2011, 11:17 PM
He's not forgotten, he's just old news. His turn was last year, Rose was the man this year.

this.

John Walls Era
04-07-2011, 11:17 PM
I thought KD didn't care about all that stuff?

fadedmario
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
this.

x2 \ thread

jim51990
04-07-2011, 11:20 PM

ding ding ding
this is why i tell people they need to understand all athletes think the same when it comes to egos

Baller1
04-07-2011, 11:20 PM

We'd all like to believe this is true, but who truly doesn't care about the fame. He's a good kid, but let's just be honest, anyone and everyone wants to be famous; last year he was spoiled and therefore feels maybe a bit forgotten.

That's my take on it.

The Flash
04-07-2011, 11:24 PM
They all look at stats anyway...

SA5195
04-07-2011, 11:25 PM

This

And this

Plus this years been about Rose and Griffin. People mostly talk about highlight reel players more.

nickdymez
04-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Everyones answers in here so far are baseless.. Do any of you know the context of this interview? Do you know exactly what he was asked? Just because another star emerges, doesn't mean you forget about the other on the exact same team.

Baller1
04-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Everyones answers in here so far are baseless.. Do any of you know the context of this interview? Do you know exactly what he was asked? Just because another star emerges, doesn't mean you forget about the other on the exact same team.

To a certain extent, yes it does.

NYCkid12
04-07-2011, 11:30 PM
who cares :shrug: (not toward OP toward KD)

soundjunkies2
04-07-2011, 11:32 PM

Nothing in the interview said otherwise. He was asked a question and he answered it. No body knows the context of the question.

IAmKira
04-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Maybe because he shoots @ such a horrible % that it would make people forget his sorry skinny *ss

what54!?
04-07-2011, 11:33 PM
If Durant wants MVP, which it sounds like, his team has to get higher than 4th seed.

And really, the reason he got some much praise is because the thunder weren't expected to be that good, this season they were. Of course there was gonna be some layoff

Chi City23
04-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Maybe because most experts/fans had them challenging the Lakers for best team in the West in the beginning of the year yet they are currently 4th and it's possible they lose to Denver in the 1st round?? :shrug:

Avenged
04-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Nobody has forgotten him. He's solidified himself as a top 5 player in the game already. He's lived up to his hype so the talks have decreased.

Sync
04-07-2011, 11:36 PM

Wow.

This exactly.

Crackadalic
04-07-2011, 11:37 PM
I remember when he was playing in the world championship people were saying he was the clear cut number 2 and possibly number 1 player in the nba. He's still having a very good season but he has a long way to go to get that honor

CBCable
04-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Maybe because most experts/fans had them challenging the Lakers for best team in the West in the beginning of the year yet they are currently 4th and it's possible they lose to Denver in the 1st round?? :shrug:

bingo

hgtiger32
04-07-2011, 11:43 PM
it was all about Derrick Rose, The Heatles, and Melo leading an under .500 basketball team to the playoffs for the first time in awhile

J4KOP99
04-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Now who's fault is that Kevin?

Baller1
04-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Now who's fault is that Kevin?

Not his...

kozelkid
04-07-2011, 11:47 PM
In fairness to Kevin, it really is about the "best story".
At the same time, Durant didn't continue to improve his game like many expected. In fact, he regressed slightly if anything. Not as efficient, and his playmaking hasn't improved which needs to if he truly wants to end his career as a top 10 or even top 5 perimeter player of all time.
Westbrook's improvements also probably overshadowed Durant's success, but if anything, Durant should be more efficient now with another force that the opposing defense has to focus on. Fact of the matter is that Durnt has been settling for more long 2's this season than last season which leads to his decrease in efficiency. That and his playmaking has to change.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2011, 11:50 PM

um, that happens all the time when speaking of general fans. The "shiny new toy" theory is so true, its not even funny.

drobe86
04-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Durant is a top 3 player in this league.. Nobodys forgot about you man

kozelkid
04-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Durant is a top 3 player in this league.. Nobodys forgot about you man

VERY debatable. Lebron and Howard are obviously better and personally, I still have Dirk, Wade and Kobe over him.

Baller1
04-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Well KD if it makes you feel any better, I'd probably still suck you off for free.

drobe86
04-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Well KD if it makes you feel any better, I'd probably still suck you off for free.

:facepalm: Now thats some gay Oklahoma **** right there...

Baller1
04-08-2011, 12:02 AM
:facepalm: Now thats some gay Oklahoma **** right there...

Well I live in the LA area like you, so I guess that makes you gay going by your generalizing, stereotypical assumptions.

John Walls Era
04-08-2011, 12:03 AM
I can't blame KD for feeling a little hurt. Don't worry KD, they'll all remember you come playoff time :)

Avenged
04-08-2011, 12:03 AM
I live in California too :jumpy:

:laugh2:

Baller1
04-08-2011, 12:04 AM
I live in California too :jumpy:

I guess we're all homosexuals in Drobe's eyes?

drobe86
04-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Well I live in the LA area like you, so I guess that makes you gay going by your generalizing, stereotypical assumptions.

I actually don't live in LA anymore. I moved back to Dallas 2 years ago. But living in LA shouldn't make you say **** like that lol... I'm hope to hell you were just kidding, but LA and cali in general is the homo capital of the world.

Baller1
04-08-2011, 12:13 AM
I actually don't live in LA anymore. I moved back to Dallas 2 years ago. But living in LA shouldn't make you say **** like that lol... I'm hope to hell you were just kidding, but LA and cali in general is the homo capital of the world.

I'm completely kidding... Kinda.

I would only blow Durant, Westbrook, Ray Allen, Gary Payton, King Felix, Ichiro, and "The 12th Man" (since they're the best player for the 'Hawks).

That's not gay, that's just true fandom.

douglas
04-08-2011, 12:34 AM

I would only blow Durant, Westbrook, Ray Allen, Gary Payton, King Felix, Ichiro, and "The 12th Man" (since they're the best player for the 'Hawks).

That is not gay at all, my man! I support you! Count me in on the fun!!

NetsPaint
04-08-2011, 12:43 AM
So who's the true nice guy, egoless, superstar king? Steve Nash?

NetsPaint
04-08-2011, 12:49 AM
At the same time, Durant didn't continue to improve his game like many expected. In fact, he regressed slightly if anything. Not as efficient, and his playmaking hasn't improved which needs to if he truly wants to end his career as a top 10 or even top 5 perimeter player of all time.
Westbrook's improvements also probably overshadowed Durant's success, but if anything, Durant should be more efficient now with another force that the opposing defense has to focus on. Fact of the matter is that Durnt has been settling for more long 2's this season than last season which leads to his decrease in efficiency. That and his playmaking has to change.
He also did before this season in the Playoffs. He needs to attack the rim.

LOOTERX9
04-08-2011, 12:51 AM
He plays in ****ing Oklahoma!!! Ofcourse no one thinks bout Durant or his town much..
He is more than welcomed to join NEWYORK. People will remember him then. It has worked for MELO.

The Final Boss
04-08-2011, 12:53 AM
If you're an idiot who doesn't bring anything to the table, write 'this' or '/thread'.

marvILLous
04-08-2011, 12:58 AM
they'll remember you when you lead your team to the finals this year

THE GIPPER
04-08-2011, 12:58 AM
ha KD shut up you sound like a tool

SteveNash
04-08-2011, 01:02 AM
I can't blame KD for feeling a little hurt. Don't worry KD, they'll all remember you come playoff time :)

Remember what? The Tracy McGrady comparisons?

Baller1
04-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Remember what? The Tracy McGrady comparisons?

We will get out of the first round this year.

D Roses Bulls
04-08-2011, 01:07 AM

anybody who isn't a bulls fan is gay anyways. so I guess you both are homosexuals. ;) kidding guys

SteveNash
04-08-2011, 01:12 AM
We will get out of the first round this year.

Will it be because Westbrook has to carry the entire team again?

NetsPaint
04-08-2011, 01:12 AM
ha KD shut up you sound like a tool
I wanted a pic of that (the one in your sig). yay

Baller1
04-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Will it be because Westbrook has to carry the entire team again?

If we magically drop to the 7th seed and play the Lakers in the first round, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Bulls_fan90
04-08-2011, 01:45 AM
If you're an idiot who doesn't bring anything to the table, write 'this' or '/thread'.

This.

Cub_StuckinSTL
04-08-2011, 01:54 AM
I agree with who ever said "shiny new toy" I mean this is different sports but does everyone remember last year when people were pumped to see Strasburgh's first start but had already forgot about David Price who was drafted 1st over all the year before even though he was having a great year.

sunsfan88
04-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Durant is still the least cocky out of all the superstars in the NBA.

GoatMilk
04-08-2011, 02:21 AM
victim of his own success + the heat drama all season + derrick rose + his own teammate going off night in and night out

just keep doing work KD

Bullsfan22
04-08-2011, 02:27 AM
This is only human to feel this way. He's sacrificing his numbers for Westbrook which is a great player in his own right. I think he better get use to this feeling like this because Westbrook is only getting better while, just about the only thing KD will improve substantially is his defense.

KD your an elite player (top 5) be patient as Westbrook get better your team will become the best in the west and you'll be sitting pretty again.

Duncan = Donkey
04-08-2011, 02:41 AM
his yesterdays news. Thats how the NBA works. They seem to promote and hype up a star every year and tend to forget others who are still playing at a high level.

GREATNESS ONE
04-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Come to LA, Durantula, I know it will happen sooner or later

ChiSox219
04-08-2011, 02:50 AM
Maybe if Westbrook wasn't taking up so many possessions and turning the ball over so often, Durant would be having a monster season.

sharqstealth
04-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Scoring title doesn't mean anything without a ring. He should focus himself on that and not the stupid scoring title.

jimbobjarree
04-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Kevin who?

Baller1
04-08-2011, 04:19 AM
Maybe if Westbrook wasn't taking up so many possessions and turning the ball over so often, Durant would be having a monster season.

So true... If there's one BLATANT thing Rose has on Westbrook, it's maturity and understanding of the PG position.

eugene
04-08-2011, 04:21 AM
can you imagine Timmy saying the same things? that's why he is an example of humbleness, leadership and professionalism...

Raidaz4Life
04-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Nothing in the interview said otherwise. He was asked a question and he answered it. No body knows the context of the question.

Exactly, all he was doing was stating a pretty well accepted fact.

magichatnumber9
04-08-2011, 06:38 AM
can you imagine Timmy saying the same things? that's why he is an example of humbleness, leadership and professionalism...
This. I've met KD and trust me he's not that guy you see on t.v. He's a d-bag.

NetsPaint
04-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Don't leave us hanging.

JNA17
04-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Durant I thought you were humble and stuff :eyebrow:

jezzyman05
04-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Hoopshype (http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/tomasson/2011/04/07/durants-under-the-radar-season/#ixzz1ItijKz36)

Do you believe this? Have people been sleeping on the NBA leading scorer?

There was so much KD hype during the summer, a lot of people claimed he was the best player in the league but the hype has since fizzled.

Come on Durant you are a Texas Alumni and you currently own a home in San Antonio come to the Spurs....we will not forget you !!!!!!

opened arms here buddy

twoearl
04-08-2011, 09:44 AM
ding ding ding
this is why i tell people they need to understand all athletes think the same when it comes to egos

LOL. SMH at the people who thought KD was some different humble superstar who just cared about wining.

I think OKC is officially on the clock with KD. He may be pulling a "I want to play in a bigger market" soon.

JNA17
04-08-2011, 09:49 AM
LOL. SMH at the people who thought KD was some different humble superstar who just cared about wining.

I think OKC is officially on the clock with KD. He may be pulling a "I want to play in a bigger market" soon.

but...but...

WE BELIEVED HIM!!! :cry:

FLMeth06
04-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Pffff. Douchebag.

koreancabbage
04-08-2011, 10:12 AM
he plays in Oklahoma.

/thread

jezzyman05
04-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Na he dosen't want to play in a bigger city he loves texas and loves Autin-San Antonio area alot, I know friends that knows him very well and he loves texas

JordansBulls
04-08-2011, 11:12 AM
IF they come out of the West, everyone will know who he is.

AIRMAR72
04-08-2011, 11:25 AM

very true and what i also notice is that durant dont play well under pressure he needs to get over that hump stop taking long range J(he dont have dirk form, release or touch) as a primary shot the man needs to play inside more and gets some fouls or watch some video of Steve Smith(former hawks) AND MIRRIOR his style like kobe did jordan

ko8e24
04-08-2011, 11:30 AM
To a certain extent, yes it does.

Not the case when Shaq & Kobe were on the Lakers.

Bullsfan22
04-08-2011, 12:07 PM

What happened? KD has been nothing but a class act on and off the court in the eyes of 99.9% of the people around basketball.

Baller1
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Not the case when Shaq & Kobe were on the Lakers.

Yes it was. Kobe was overshadowed by Shaq, and that's what ultimately led to the break up of a dynasty.

210Don
04-08-2011, 12:54 PM
your an idiot if you rewrite a paragraph that basically means the same **** as the post above..... might as well just put "this" and **** you if you dont like it

sep11ie
04-08-2011, 01:13 PM
http://youtu.be/bLyKEToqME0

ChiSox219
04-08-2011, 01:29 PM
So true... If there's one BLATANT thing Rose has on Westbrook, it's maturity and understanding of the PG position.

Sarcasm?

juno10
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
it was all about Derrick Rose, The Heatles, and Melo leading an under .500 basketball team to the playoffs for the first time in awhile

you mean amare ? mello is just helping Finnish it off.