PDA

View Full Version : Have players from the same draft class ever won R.O.Y. back 2 back 2 back?

AI4MVP
04-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Last year, Tyreke Evans won it.

This year, Blake Griffin will win it.

When Rubio comes over next year he'll have a chance to win Rookie of the Year.

What do these players have in common? They are all from the same draft class. Has this ever happened before?

tmacsc2
04-07-2011, 06:26 PM
That has to be one of the more weirder things in sports! so many different situations have to happen! and i would say no it hasnt!

I was about to say man your an idiot! lol but good question!

SteveNash
04-07-2011, 06:28 PM
When Rubio comes over next year

No

he'll have a chance to win Rookie of the Year.

And no

AI4MVP
04-07-2011, 06:30 PM
No

And no

read some recent reports before making stupid statements. your a disgrace to the name Steve Nash

sep11ie
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Wow, interesting question. Never really thought about it like that.

SteveNash
04-07-2011, 06:35 PM
read some recent reports before making stupid statements. your a disgrace to the name Steve Nash

Where are these reports?

DodgerBulls
04-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Most intriguing is that coach Vinny Del Negro, assuming Blake will get the award, coached 2 ROYs in 3 years span. Very interesting if Rubio does come to the NBA and win the award.

AI4MVP
04-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Where are these reports?

go to google news, type in ricky rubio, and click last day, week, hour, ect. its all there. do it yourself. im not going to hold your hand

haggis
04-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Most intriguing is that coach Vinny Del Negro, assuming Blake will get the award, coached 2 ROYs in 3 years span. Very interesting if Rubio does come to the NBA and win the award.

thats even more shocking considering VDN sucks horse nuts

Crackadalic
04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Wow that be cool. Three players from the same draft class all winning ROY awards. how bizarre

ttam68
04-07-2011, 07:08 PM
After hours of laboring I've found this information on an obscure website called Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award

1962 class had the 63 and 64 ROY winner (Jerry Lucas)
1978 class had the 79 and 80 ROY winner (Larry Bird)
1987 class had the 88 and 90 ROY winner (David Robinson)

Khalifa21
04-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Goes to show that maybe that draft class wasn't as weak as first thought.

I can see Kyrie Irving winning it next year though...

smith&wesson
04-07-2011, 07:13 PM
doesnt say much about the draft classes since then huh

NYKalltheway
04-07-2011, 07:17 PM
If Rubio comes next season and wins the R.O.Y award then the 2011 class must be really of low quality. I don't think a player who can just pass the ball (sometimes flashy) should win any award of "best player in category"

Delfiffer
04-07-2011, 07:24 PM
rubio isn't going to be all that great..if he comes in as a rokkie next season, i doubt he'd even start

mttwlsn16
04-07-2011, 07:32 PM
thats even more shocking considering VDN sucks horse nuts

he is awful, i wish we had a real coach

altho i do like the vinny def african american punchlines :D

bholly
04-07-2011, 07:48 PM
After hours of laboring I've found this information on an obscure website called Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award

1962 class had the 63 and 64 ROY winner (Jerry Lucas)
1978 class had the 79 and 80 ROY winner (Larry Bird)
1987 class had the 88 and 90 ROY winner (David Robinson)

Nice, so it's never happened. Not surprising, really.

SteveNash
04-07-2011, 07:48 PM
go to google news, type in ricky rubio, and click last day, week, hour, ect. its all there. do it yourself. im not going to hold your hand

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14903483/postups-important-mvp-race-deserves-hard-consideration

"In view of that, and with indications that Ricky Rubio has informed GM David Kahn that he plans to be in Minnesota next season barring a lockout, one industry source characterized Rambis' situation as "very salvageable.""

Sorry I missed 1 sentence buried in a CBS sports article.

theheatles
04-07-2011, 07:50 PM
maybe this has happened in the MLB but not in the NBA

bholly
04-07-2011, 08:15 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14903483/postups-important-mvp-race-deserves-hard-consideration

"In view of that, and with indications that Ricky Rubio has informed GM David Kahn that he plans to be in Minnesota next season barring a lockout, one industry source characterized Rambis' situation as "very salvageable.""

Sorry I missed 1 sentence buried in a CBS sports article.

Just because you only quoted one story doesn't mean there was only one story. Search 'rubio nba' and set it to the last week and there are literally dozens of articles, from major nba news sources, running the story in the last week.

It always surprises me how happy people here are to not check their facts before calling someone else out over them.

AI4MVP
04-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Just because you only quoted one story doesn't mean there was only one story. Search 'rubio nba' and set it to the last week and there are literally dozens of articles, from major nba news sources, running the story in the last week.

It always surprises me how happy people here are to not check their facts before calling someone else out over them.

this

Lake_Show2416
04-07-2011, 08:47 PM
I dont see Rubio winning R.O.Y, imo his scoring won't be high enough to be considered for the award and he'll shoot a low percentage.

I know he has been working on improving his shot but I think it will still be a working progress.

I do think he has the skill, size, vision and bball IQ to eventually become a good PG but will take a little time, he's still very young

SteveNash
04-08-2011, 01:00 AM

I looked through the last week.

There was an article that said Rubio should come to the NBA because he sucks in the Euroleague. Some rumors about Rubio coming, then the one sentence I posted, along with another journalist claiming that he confirmed it.