PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

The BodyGuard
04-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I got a quick question, On the east- Why are Miami blowin games? Mah reason was that they don't wanna play against NY. On the west- Why are L.A blowin games? They had a chance to get the #1 seed, They had the best record since the all-star break..Same goes for Dallas. Mah reason is that Dallas wants Okc to get the #3 seed so they can play against L.A in the 2nd round. N for L.A Idk? Is this a setup?

Ya opinions??

mikealike305
04-07-2011, 10:33 AM
better to be healthy than to get the 1st seed

pd1dish
04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
better to be healthy than to get the 1st seed

well, have fun dealing with the knicks and celtics on your side of the bracket

mikealike305
04-07-2011, 10:44 AM
i would but now the heat are the 3rd seed. would of LOVED a heat vs knicks 1st round. guess he have to just knock out philly in 4

The BodyGuard
04-07-2011, 10:54 AM
My opinion If Miami play against NY, NY will pull an upset. But that's what I say

Slimsim
04-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Int he playoffs anything can happen. We will be the underdogs and most people will call miami sweeping us in 4. At best we win 1 game. no pressure for us Lots on Miami they are suppose to win 7 championships

mikealike305
04-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Int he playoffs anything can happen. We will be the underdogs and most people will call miami sweeping us in 4. At best we win 1 game. no pressure for us Lots on Miami they are suppose to win 7 championships

no pressure? its new york. theirs always pressure. plus its the best team the knicks has had since what? they got destroyed by kidd and NJ in the playoffs? i agree there is more pressure on miami than NY but to say there is NO pressure on NY is crazy to me

Dnovakovic099
04-07-2011, 11:28 AM
no pressure? its new york. theirs always pressure. plus its the best team the knicks has had since what? they got destroyed by kidd and NJ in the playoffs? i agree there is more pressure on miami than NY but to say there is NO pressure on NY is crazy to me

Considering Miami is WAY better than New York I would say there is no pressure. I would be surprised if the Knicks even win two games. The Knicks just plain suck. Nobody expects them to beat Miami.

allSUAVE
04-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Anything Can happen just ask Dallas .#IMJUSTSAYING

Q_bully
04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Considering Miami is WAY better than New York I would say there is no pressure. I would be surprised if the Knicks even win two games. The Knicks just plain suck. Nobody expects them to beat Miami.

I would not say way better especially the way Bosh have been playing this season .we are not talking about the Bulls or Celtics hear. We are talking about the Heat lets be clear. with no proof of having a closer in close game situations. NOW I'm not saying they would be the heat .but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. the Knicks roster have more playoff experience than the heat also ,you should take that into consideration too. And what is Carmelo record against Lebron and wade?? I don't know but Carmelo tend to bring his A game against the elites. I would be scared it won't be easy for both teams.

danniboi168
04-07-2011, 12:00 PM

lmao. hilarious.

Missing56&33
04-07-2011, 12:04 PM
I got a quick question, On the east- Why are Miami blowin games? Mah reason was that they don't wanna play against NY. On the west- Why are L.A blowin games? They had a chance to get the #1 seed, They had the best record since the all-star break..Same goes for Dallas. Mah reason is that Dallas wants Okc to get the #3 seed so they can play against L.A in the 2nd round. N for L.A Idk? Is this a setup?

Ya opinions??

I think Miami is just not that good as they had thought they would be and I wouldn't question LA....they are the back to back champions of the NBA. Dallas will lose to LA or SA.

JordansBulls
04-07-2011, 12:07 PM
i would but now the heat are the 3rd seed. would of LOVED a heat vs knicks 1st round. guess he have to just knock out philly in 4

Knicks are ahead of Philly now and have the better division record against them.

Avenged
04-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Team like the Lakers and Heat are not worried about any team in the playoffs.

marlinsfan24
04-07-2011, 12:11 PM

This. Except I'd put the Celtics in there as well.

marlinsfan24
04-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Ya opinions??

Losing 1 game without Wade playing is now considered blowing games?

chitown815
04-07-2011, 12:13 PM

They will not sweep Philly, Philly is Deeper and way better coached, Miami will win in 5 or 6

marlinsfan24
04-07-2011, 12:15 PM
They will not sweep Philly, Philly is Deeper and way better coached, Miami will win in 5 or 6

I beg to differ. Spo has done a fine job coaching. Give any other coach the job of bringing together 3 big named players and that team would have blown up with ego problems.

gotoHcarolina52
04-07-2011, 12:15 PM
"Mah reason" and "Ya opinions" ftw

Q_bully
04-07-2011, 12:20 PM

Your totally wrong Sir. With the type of pressure Miami put on they selves you've got to believe miami feeling it. They hadn't proven anything yet, if anything they under achieved so far in the regualar season.

allSUAVE
04-07-2011, 12:24 PM

Philly is well coached ,Agreed

marlinsfan24
04-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Your totally wrong Sir. With the type of pressure Miami put on they selves you've got to believe miami feeling it. They hadn't proven anything yet, if anything they under achieved so far in the regualar season.

Proved Avenged 24's point. They care more about what they do in the post season then in the regular season.

Avenged
04-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Doubt it. When you have Lebron and a player who was already won an NBA Championship, I doubt they're scared of any team. I don't think any team is scared/worried of anyone, that is, except if you're a lower seeded team. The 7th and 8th seeds don't want to face the 1st and 2nd seeds, for example.

Miami has 54 wins in their 1st year together with all the criticsm and slumps they went through. I'm sure any team would want to "underachieve" like they did. Sure, they haven't proven anything but that doesn't mean they're worried. If they are, they, nor any team will ever get anywhere.

SFGiants1015
04-07-2011, 01:34 PM

:laugh:

shep33
04-07-2011, 02:02 PM
you know what's interesting? Over the past 2 games I was reading comments by Laker players, and its weird... they seem relaxed and okay with dropping games. Lamar Odom and Phil Jackson really blatantly said the team wasn't trying hard, which makes me really mad as a Laker fan, even though I understand the logic behind it. The only guy really upset was Andrew Bynum, Kobe was calm and even hinted that a loss against Portland on Friday wouldn't be a big deal at all. I don't think LA is dropping games on purpose, I do think however, that they are saving themselves up for the postseason and really don't mind a loss here or there. They did this last year, so we'll see what happens.

I think the past 2 nights we saw the Lakers in cruise control, there is no way they were playing half as hard as they could've been in those games, which is sad, but I mean I guess it worked last year. Really after the Friday game at Utah where Kobe got banged up, and the game at Denver where Pau and Drew both had knee injuries, I think they just shut it down in terms of that high level of effort which they displayed during that stretch.

Miami shouldn't worry. You sit Wade in that game, and if he wants the rest of the season (4-5 games). I'm a big advocate of saying HCA is overrated... i think the best team always wins no matter what. So health is more important by a long shot. 2 seed is nice, and they have a great shot of getting it, but its not worth it if your players aren't healthy.

pd1dish
04-07-2011, 02:08 PM

your wish may come true. the knicks beat the 76ers last night and jumped to the 6 seed. so you could get a 3 vs 6 seeded matchup

jrm2054
04-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Health is key not seed

Chacarron
04-07-2011, 02:24 PM
I beg to differ. Spo has done a fine job coaching. Give any other coach the job of bringing together 3 big named players and that team would have blown up with ego problems.

Phil :shrug:

nickdymez
04-07-2011, 02:56 PM

Phil jackson pretty much does it every year. And Doug Collins is a much better, more proven coach than spolstra. Your just being a homer man.. I thought Spo did a good job last year and a pretty decent one this year.

The BodyGuard
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM

I bet you feel like a badass talkin **** on ProSports..Grow up

gotoHcarolina52
04-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I bet you feel like a badass talkin **** on ProSports..Grow up

Chill. No need to get all up in mah grill with ya opinions.

DragonJaii
04-07-2011, 03:35 PM
teams need to start resting their players before the playoffs so its really unpredictable who will get the 6th spot in the east.

The BodyGuard
04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Chill. No need to get all up in mah grill with ya opinions.

:down:
Its all good

NBA-GMaster
04-07-2011, 11:13 PM
I love to see HEAT vs KNICKS in the playoffs!! Miami and Boston are figthing for 2nd seed, NY and Philly for 6th seed, Dallas and OKC for 3rd seed, NOH and Portland for 6th seed..
I think dallas want to face denver than portland/NOH, Lakers want Hornets(no West) or Grizzlies(no Rudy)..

Champology
04-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Are the Heat a real title contender? Have you been watching this season? They have O shot against the Bulls or Celtics, I doubt they can even beat NY. Basketball is a TEAM sport.

effen5
04-08-2011, 06:54 AM
I think Philly pulls an upset no matter who they play.

SteBO
04-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Are the Heat a real title contender? Have you been watching this season? They have O shot against the Bulls or Celtics, I doubt they can even beat NY. Basketball is a TEAM sport.

I guess MIA should just surrender and let them win, since we have 0 shot shot against the Bulls/Celtics right? :rolleyes:

SteBO
04-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I think Philly pulls an upset no matter who they play.

Meh. I think they're a better matchup for BOS, but I don't see them upsetting anyone to be honest. They play D pretty well, but they don't have enough scoring punch to keep up.

ugottabjoshinme
04-08-2011, 09:25 AM

This is silly. The Heat certainly are title contenders. Once the playoffs start, they can beat any team in the East.

With the talent they have, they can beat anyone on any night.

Heater4life
04-08-2011, 09:27 AM

How did they underacheive? Maybe beacause we the fans and the media have certain expectations for them, so we feel that Miami should have the best record in the league? All i know Cleveland had that two straight years and as far as i know L.A is the reigning two time champions.

Point is, this team underacheives if they get knocked off in the playoffs. Until then, its all premature. As far as pressure goes, theyve had it since day one, they knew what was coming their way. If theyre not ready for come playoff time, i hope they get knocked out. they wouldnt deserve anything.

Heater4life
04-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Phil jackson pretty much does it every year. And Doug Collins is a much better, more proven coach than spolstra. Your just being a homer man.. I thought Spo did a good job last year and a pretty decent one this year.

Its easier said than done when trying to incorporate 3 players that were go-to guys on their previous teams. Mind you, all in there 20's. It takes time, its a process. Not only does it take time to set up the schemes, but it takes time for the players to become accustomed with one another. I think Spo's done a hell of a job, he just gets all the Heat. (no pun)

Slimsim
04-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I guess MIA should just surrender and let them win, since we have 0 shot shot against the Bulls/Celtics right? :rolleyes:

well you really haven't beaten Chicago or Boston this season.

Heater4life
04-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Playoffs are a different monster for everyone. We should know this by seeing Boston the 4th seed taking it to 7 games in the finals, GSW upsetting Dallas a couple years back, and the list goes on. The playoffs are all about matchups and a hightened level of play. How well do certain teams matchup against eachother and what team/players can step it up when it matters.

As nice as HCA is, it really is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. (miami 06, ecf and finals w/o HCA)

Heater4life
04-08-2011, 09:45 AM

Your right and ill concede their better teams until we prove otherwise in the playoffs. But to say zero chance, when you have two of the best players. Lets just say their more than capable, so throwing around a 0% chance is a bit extreme.

SteBO
04-08-2011, 09:45 AM

So? :eyebrow: Playoffs are a different animal man. You're making too big of a leap based off regular season play, which doesn't mean much. I admit those teams are better, but what would be your excuse if we beat those teams in the playoffs? We must prove ourselves, and I think we will.

Slimsim
04-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Playoffs are a different monster for everyone. We should know this by seeing Boston the 4th seed taking it to 7 games in the finals, GSW upsetting Dallas a couple years back, and the list goes on. The playoffs are all about matchups and a hightened level of play. How well do certain teams matchup against eachother and what team/players can step it up when it matters.

As nice as HCA is, it really is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. (miami 06, ecf and finals w/o HCA)

That's why you shouldn't sleep on teams like Philly and NY.

Cal827
04-08-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm glad for that Knick fanbase that has suffered for so long that they are finally back in the post-season, but I don't think they should expect anything big this year. They basically sold their team in order to get Melo, I still don't fully understand why (Didn't he make it clear that he wanted to be in New York? New York should have played the season out, allowed the guys to build around each other, then ADD him to the core in the offseason as a free agent. Was he really that close with signing an extension with Denver?). I think they will be back in contention very soon (come offseason where they can add to Stoudemire/Athony, but to ask a recently gutted team to beat the Heat/Celtics/Bulls in 3 rounds seems too much. I doubt they would get past the first round mainly b/c they have to deal with 2 of the top 5 players in the league, who have taken over playoff series before and won them basically by themselves (Wade vs Dallas, Lebron vs Detroit). To me, the sleeper in the East is Philly.

In the West, the only favourite that I can see losing is Dallas (especially if they draw Denver). SA/LA should not have much problems with New Orleans or Memphis, and if they did match up, I can't really choose a favourite between the Thunder and the Nuggets. Hopefully for them, Butler is somehow able to return.

But I guess we'll see what happens though. We can predict all we want, but we have beens stunned before. For example, if you told me a few years ago that a 67-win team would fall to a 41-win team, I would have laughed.:D

MagicHero3
04-08-2011, 01:51 PM

Ya opinions??

My opinion is that you learn the english language bc if you read that out loud it sounds quite ridiculous.

Miami is NOT blowing games, they are simply not playing well and missing Wade with injuries. Also they are locked into the playoffs so as you can see from many other teams who have locked their positions (ORL, LA, BOS, ETC) are also losing to garbage opponents. It always happens like this. Yes they want the #1 seed but not at the expense of tiring themselves out or getting hurt. No setups IMO

MagicHero3
04-08-2011, 01:52 PM
and for all you Knick fans, I can guarantee that Denver will go deeper in the playoffs than the Knicks. 100%

marlinsfan24
04-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Phil :shrug:

Phil Jackson was a given. I was referring to the younger coaches in the league. And I'm being a homer? All I said is people need to give Spo more credit then he gets. He's done a fine job yet people still call him a bad coach. I don't understand that. He's the reason Lebron James ego didn't take off early in the season and leave the team far behind.