PDA

View Full Version : If Mavericks Decided To Trade Dirk, What Is His Value? What Team Is The Best Fit?

Savage Sunday
04-07-2011, 02:24 AM
I think Dallas gives it their all in the Playoffs, but I dont think they'll win a title. They have a lot of vets and a rebuilding period isnt too far away.

If they were to deal Dirk, what could they get for him? Which team has the best package to acquire Dirk?

SACNYY
04-07-2011, 02:27 AM
There's no way Cuban trades Dirk

Chacarron
04-07-2011, 02:30 AM
Dirk is not getting traded, so no need for speculation unless you are bored.

shep33
04-07-2011, 02:31 AM
No way you trade Dirk. Really you can't trade him either with that contract, unless its for another extremely high priced guy, just like any superstar in the league with a big deal. He'll retire a Mav though, and rightfully so.

bmd1101
04-07-2011, 02:34 AM
I think Dallas gives it their all in the Playoffs, but I dont think they'll win a title. They have a lot of vets and a rebuilding period isnt too far away.

If they were to deal Dirk, what could they get for him? Which team has the best package to acquire Dirk?

I think he would be sick with Dwight Howard, nearly coverup all of Dirk's bad defense and gives Howard the space he needs. But Dirk isn't going anywhere hes butt buddies with Cuban.

Kyben36
04-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Miami, with Wade and James being the types that atack the rim, if they had Dirk instead of Bosh it would make them even more of a threat.

SEATTLEredsox
04-07-2011, 02:45 AM
^^^Dirk and Dwight would be nasty... Dirk for Arenas? The contracts match! Do it Cuban! Seriously though, Dirk isn't going anywhere.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Dirk to Orlando for Jameer Nelson, Brandon Bass, Earl Clark, Daniel Orton, 2 1st rounders.

Talent wise I don't but Dirk next to Dwight Howard and Richardson and Turkoglu and Arenas (maybe gets revamped?) is gonna be a serious contender.

He aint gettin traded though.

Hellcrooner
04-07-2011, 02:51 AM
when you trasde such a player at such an age with such a contract you will get anything but **** for him.

expirings and a pick at best.

Makes no sense.

Khalifa21
04-07-2011, 02:59 AM
He'll retire a Mav.

Hellcrooner
04-07-2011, 03:05 AM
He'll retire a Mav.

he will retire in europe.

And i wouldnt be surprised he tries to win that ring riding some contenders coat tails once his current contract is over, karl malone style.

Mudvayne91
04-07-2011, 03:36 AM
^ you think? I think he can play in the NBA as long as he wants. I'm not sure why he'd go back to Europe to play.

Hellcrooner
04-07-2011, 03:56 AM
^ you think? I think he can play in the NBA as long as he wants. I'm not sure why he'd go back to Europe to play.

cause.....he is european? and his hometown is in.....europe?

cause when he no longer can get good stats and a good salary in nba he can still collect a good pay check and shine a bit before his home crowd?

im not talking bout tomorrow im talkibg bout when he is 37 or so.

Spurred1
04-07-2011, 04:04 AM
He's the primary reason the Mavs can't get anything done, so why the hell would anyone want him?

Jewelz0376
04-07-2011, 04:20 AM

cause when he no longer can get good stats and a good salary in nba he can still collect a good pay check and shine a bit before his home crowd?

Idk I would think someone that was as successful as him would just hang it up for good after the NBA, so he can just relax and spend time with his family...

Mudvayne91
04-07-2011, 04:34 AM

If someone like Shaq can play at the age of 39, Dirk could easily do it himself. Especially since he plays a far less physical game and probably has less wear and tear. Maybe he does go play in Europe, but I wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion.

And thank you for clarifying, I had no idea Germany was in Europe....

stawka
04-07-2011, 04:58 AM
I can't even picture this guy declining. You've all seen Jordan/Kobe and all that, lose their athleticism but still have awesome jump-shots which keep them elite. Dirk has NEVER had athleticism, so there's not really much to lose. A bit off topic, but he isn't getting traded lol

Spurred1
04-07-2011, 04:59 AM
Wouldn't you have to have some sort of athleticism to even make it to the NBA?

stawka
04-07-2011, 05:02 AM
Wouldn't you have to have some sort of athleticism to even make it to the NBA?

You know exactly what I mean lol

Spurred1
04-07-2011, 05:17 AM
He'll remain a Mav, although Cuban should just blow the whole ****ing team up and start rebuilding. Get rid of everyone aside from Roddy/Dojo/Chandler. Rebuild around Roddy, tank for a while for picks-just do it right. It would be ugly for a while, but what they have now isn't working.

ragee
04-07-2011, 05:32 AM
He's the primary reason the Mavs can't get anything done, so why the hell would anyone want him?

Says who? He is been carrying the Mavs for several years now! The reason why the Mavs have not gotten anywhere is because all the others choke in the playoffs! The only series you can point at where he didn't perform better compared to his regular season stats are the one against the Heat and the Warriors... In his defense, the Warriors were all ganging up on him so the blame is on the others because they still could not contribute despite being open most of the time...

Evolution23
04-07-2011, 07:53 AM
No way will Dirk fall off that hard. His offense combined with his height makes him unguardable. He doesn't need speed or athletic ability to beat his defensers but he relies on his jump shot (fadeaway) which is unstoppable.

rabzouz 96
04-07-2011, 08:10 AM
I can't even picture this guy declining. You've all seen Jordan/Kobe and all that, lose their athleticism but still have awesome jump-shots which keep them elite. Dirk has NEVER had athleticism, so there's not really much to lose. A bit off topic, but he isn't getting traded lol

yaya, people said the same about duncan.