PDA

View Full Version : D. Howards earns his 18th T, suspension coming?

Sergio1984
04-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Dwight Howard picked up his 18th technical of the season on Wednesday night against the Bobcats.
Howard was hit with the call when he was whistled for a ten second violation at the free throw line. It's a call that rarely gets made, but Dwight felt that he was clearly an unfair victim. With the Magic locked into the four seed in the East and the big man needing rest before the postseason, it's not the end of the world that he might miss the next game against Chicago on Sunday. However, it's an absolutely crushing blow to fantasy owners unless this one somehow gets rescinded; and that's rather unlikely.

Roto

Sergio1984
04-06-2011, 08:12 PM
This could be big for the Bulls if he gets suspended for Sunday's game. Easier road to clinch the 1 seed.

MiamiWadeCounty
04-06-2011, 08:13 PM
He got a technical for a 10 second call? I don't think that would go to his total technicals, like the ones for arguing and such. Did he get the technical for yelling at the ref after the call was made?

nitric
04-06-2011, 08:20 PM
He got a technical for a 10 second call? I don't think that would go to his total technicals, like the ones for arguing and such. Did he get the technical for yelling at the ref after the call was made?

Ref asked for the ball and he threw it away from the ref

Sergio1984
04-06-2011, 08:20 PM

Not sure, do players get tech's for 10 seconds at the FT line? I thought you just lost the FT attempt.

MiamiWadeCounty
04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Ref asked for the ball and he threw it away from the ref

Now that makes sense. Thanks for clearing things up.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Not sure, do players get tech's for 10 seconds at the FT line? I thought you just lost the FT attempt.

nitric said that he threw the ball away from the ref when the ref asked for the ball.

Chi StateOfMind
04-06-2011, 08:33 PM
well there goes orlando's hopes of beating us....w/o dwight it will take alot of threes that day

ManRam
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
He got it for being a baby after he got called for it, not for the actual 10 second call. It was discussed in the game thread...

I don't think it will be rescinded. The odds of the Magic beating Chicago without Dwight are -1.2%.

*Superman*
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Ugh. Why the hell does he even take more then 10 seconds to get a FT attempt?!

This sucks. I was looking forward to that game, hopefully a blessing in disguise for the Magic. We all know what Dwight can do, but come playoff time, if Dwight gets in trouble, we need a back up plan. This just means Anderson, Bass, Clark will get more minutes Sunday..

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-06-2011, 08:37 PM
well there goes orlando's hopes of beating us....w/o dwight it will take alot of threes that day

Its one of those games a few days before the playoffs and the Magic have clinched everything they can, not really much of a big game.

championships
04-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Not a bad thing. Now Dwight gets a little rest before the playoffs.

danniboi168
04-06-2011, 08:53 PM
orlando needs howard against the bulls. hopefully it gets rescinded

ManRam
04-06-2011, 09:02 PM
orlando needs howard against the bulls. hopefully it gets rescinded

Considering it's an absolutely meaningless game for us, it's not the end of the world. We don't have any shot of winning without him...but we don't need a win.

Still would have been nice to see a potential second round match up preview.

still1ballin
04-06-2011, 09:04 PM
fml!

Its championship week and I have him on my team!

:mad:

Chi StateOfMind
04-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Its one of those games a few days before the playoffs and the Magic have clinched everything they can, not really much of a big game.

they still wanna beat us its not like they were gunna sit there starters they might have to face us in the second round so why isnt it a big game for both teams

ManRam
04-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Quentin won't be playing either :laugh:

He just got ejected, wouldn't be shocked if he gets suspended.

Schmiggy
04-06-2011, 09:35 PM
No complaints here. The magic may not need the game vs the Bulls but every game counts when the Bulls are hunting the #1 seed in the East and maybe even overall.

king4day
04-06-2011, 11:07 PM
He's a selfish player. Nothing more nothing less.
It reminds me of how Amar'e acted when he'd throw his fist in disgust ALWAYS leading to a T.

RZZZA
04-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Quentin won't be playing either :laugh:

He just got ejected, wouldn't be shocked if he gets suspended.

what is with that team Man, seriously. Someone check their water. Something is angrying them up.

Man, serious question, how can Dwight Howards MVP candidacy be taken seriously when he's got 18 technicals and his immaturity is costing his team games? Is that what a leader does?

He's not even showing signs of improvement, he gets more techs as every season goes by.

Ray_R
04-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Do they offset in the playoffs?

bmd1101
04-07-2011, 01:25 AM
they still wanna beat us its not like they were gunna sit there starters they might have to face us in the second round so why isnt it a big game for both teams

Regular season is pretty much meaningless now. Which was clearly layed out in posts before. Including the OP. Do you bother to read?

what is with that team Man, seriously. Someone check their water. Something is angrying them up.

Man, serious question, how can Dwight Howards MVP candidacy be taken seriously when he's got 18 technicals and his immaturity is costing his team games? Is that what a leader does?

Wtf do techs have to do with MVP? 18 isn't all that much. You take his hits or put the other mvp candadiates down on the low block and take the same fouls he does. I promise you almost all of them would be out for the season from injury and would be sittin games from suspensions due to techs.

and yes he shows a lot of improvement in that department. According to: http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2011/2/28/2021553/dwight-howard-technical-fouls-suspension-nba his mins per tech has improved 50%.

Obviously your just lookin for people to agree with you since you just repeat the same thing when it's been explained multiple times.

SteveNash
04-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Congrats Dwight, for breaking Rasheed's record since the new rule was implemented.

bholly
04-07-2011, 02:04 AM

Wtf do techs have to do with MVP? 18 isn't all that much. You take his hits or put the other mvp candadiates down on the low block and take the same fouls he does. I promise you almost all of them would be out for the season from injury and would be sittin games from suspensions due to techs.

Also, because there aren't strict criteria for the MVP, and if there were, who says leadership would be one of them? I don't remember techs, or any sort of suspension, counting against a player's MVP candidacy before, so I don't see why it should now...if anything, the fact that we assume him being out means costing his team the game should work in his favor.

JordansBulls
04-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Next game is against the Bulls as well.

Double_R
04-07-2011, 09:29 AM
The bottom line is that refs aren't timing anyone else up there except DH; when is the last time that you have seen a 10sec call on anyone else??? He has been unfairly targeted this year and in years past. What is happening is that the refs are making a close call that usually isn't called on other superstars and they are watching Howard after the call to see any reaction shown and if there's any, Boom, tech. Refs are too old and have had to learn too many rule changes, I would like to see them replaced with younger eyes with less egos.

ChicagoRox
04-07-2011, 02:18 PM
An MVP candidate should not hurt his teams chances of winning a game by doing dumb things like this and getting suspend for games. He has the ability to be an all time great with his natural born talents. Guy really needs to grow up. If he keeps this attitude up in the playoffs, he might miss an even more important of game. Worse case scenario, he will keep this image of immaturity in the minds of refs for the rest of his career.

Crackadalic
04-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Do the magic supporting cast suck that much without Dwight? Just curious

ManRam
04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Do the magic supporting cast suck that much without Dwight? Just curious

Considering all they can do is shoot, considering there is no other post presence, considering nota single on of them is a plus defender...I'm not quite sure if you're serious.

And dwight is without a doubt immature. Selfish? That's downright laughable. His frustrations are legit. He is officiated unlike anyone in the league...whether it's officiated correctly or not, that's not my call. He feela not. He's bigger than everyone else...and does get hit a lot harder than most guys. Just because he doesn't flail like Griffin (drawn a ton of flagrants) or the other smaller centers doesn't mean he isn't getting killed. It bothers him...and when he gets called all of a sudden for a ticky tack call two nights in a row out of the blue, it's understandable why he'd be upset. Again, I'm not saying he should be a baby...he shouldn't ...but it's not hard to see why he gets so frustrated if you watch him play every night. When you get fouled basically every time you have.an open look in the paint, and fouled hard so you miss, it gets old fast.

DragonJaii
04-07-2011, 03:34 PM
i want dwight in the game against the bulls, i want to see joakim and howard fight for rebounds.

Missing56&33
04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
He got a lot of nerve getting upset at the refs because his sorry *** can't shoot FT's. He takes to damn long to shoot FT's he's been getting called for the 10sec count throughout the season, obviously you got to come up with another method to shoot FT's. This is why Dwight Howard will never win a championship unless he got another star on his team, like Shaq and Kobe.

JB0B0
04-08-2011, 03:39 PM
He got a lot of nerve getting upset at the refs because his sorry *** can't shoot FT's. He takes to damn long to shoot FT's he's been getting called for the 10sec count throughout the season, obviously you got to come up with another method to shoot FT's. This is why Dwight Howard will never win a championship unless he got another star on his team, like Shaq and Kobe.

He needs DRose :)

5ass
04-08-2011, 03:44 PM

yes this is why Dwight Howard will never win a championship, because he sometimes takes an extra second or two to shoot a freethrow. out of all the stupid **** ive read on PSD, this has to be top 10