PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the best looking future moving foward?

b@llhog24
04-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Sacramento Kings (even though they may not be there any more)
LA Clippers
Washington Wizards
Minnesota Tiberwolves

King have been on a tear lately winning 7-10 games. A core of Thorton, Evans, Cousins is very talented and a good start. Though they do have so matutity/headcase problems. If they can keep their head on straight then i can see them making some noise in the west.

The Clips had a solid record in the month of january. They are still a young team but anytime u have Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon on a team you are pretty much set for the future.

Wizards recently received a talented combo-guard in Jordan Crawford who is constantly improving. Wall may very well be the best point guard in 5 years. Nick Young has proven to be a bigtime scorer/shooter, and you see what Blathce and Mcgee can do when they keep their head in the right direction.

The Timberwolves is probably the most balanced out of all of the teams listed. The have arguably the leagues best rebounder in love, beasly has become a scoring machine (although he has tailed of since the Bynum thing), more of Wes's shots should fall next season. Now if only they could do something about that PG and C position. Maybe Randolph may fix one of thoe problems.

*Note this list is based off of what the teams already have and not what they could get.

Gators123
04-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Thunder

b@llhog24
04-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Thunder

There future is somewhat limited compared to the upside the teams I have listed.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Thunder is the answer but out of those 4 I chose Clippers.

Sterling is bad they have a really good nice young core to build with.

lakeshow3peat
04-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Clippers two words Blake Griffin The clippers have a reason to have other stars or players want to play for them .

b@llhog24
04-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Clippers two words Blake Griffin The clippers have a reason to have other stars or players want to play for them .

2 words. Donald Sterling. :D. But i like the Clips. Sorry i forgot about Mo and Jordan. Deandre is a beast.

KingsMadness44
04-06-2011, 07:38 PM
so you dont think any star players would want to play with tyreke evans or demarcus cousins i mean i know neither of them get the same recognition of someone like blake griffin but both are young talented all-star caliber players and marcus thorton is a scoring machine

also take into account the kings have probably the most money out of all the teams to spend!!!

sportsplayer7
04-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Timberwolves

theheatles
04-06-2011, 07:43 PM
2 words. Donald Sterling. :D. But i like the Clips. Sorry i forgot about Mo and Jordan. Deandre is a beast.

i couldn't vote clippers because of donald sterling, he's going to f#$% it up somehow

JerseysFinest
04-06-2011, 07:45 PM
of those teams, 'Sota. With Rubio coming in, they have a strong and youthful core of Rubio, Wes J, BEasy, Love, Randolph, Flynn, Ellington, Darko, and an upcoming lottery pick.

Would choose the Clips, but with Sterling there, no.

The Jokemaker
04-06-2011, 07:48 PM
There future is somewhat limited compared to the upside the teams I have listed.

Im sorry but what upside do the Twolves have? So they got Love and Rubio whenever he decides to come over. They really aren't THAT stacked on talent. The Grizzlies have more upside than they do for heaven's sake.

Khalifa21
04-06-2011, 07:52 PM
On paper the Clippers have the best young core with Blake, DeAndre, Gordon and Aminu, but Donald Sterling will make sure that team never amounts to anything and Blake will probably bolt when he's a FA. They also gave up their 1st rounder (which will probably be around the 7th or 8th pick) to the Cavs. Granted it's a weak draft, but you can still get a nice piece with that.

I'd personally say the Kings are in a better position... Tyreke and DeMarcus are gonna be a great 1-2 combo for years and if they can add Harrison Barnes (if he declares) this year and maybe Jared Sullinger (assuming the Kings would still kinda suck next year) in the next draft dependent on how the ping pong balls fall that team will be absolutely brimming with talent.

PG: Tyreke Evans
SG: Marcus Thornton
SF: Harrison Barnes
PF: Jared Sullinger
C: DeMarcus Cousins

That would be ridiculous in a few years time, assuming all those players would pan out accordingly...

Their situation would be very similar to OKC's if they move to Anaheim as well. WOuld be a great way to start the franchise there with all that young talent.

JNA17
04-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Thunder and Clippers. Knicks are not bad too if they manage to get Chris Paul in 2012.

T-Wolves will always suck and Wizards will need to win big in the lottery this year. Kings are a total question mark.

smith&wesson
04-06-2011, 07:54 PM
LOVE wont stay in mini so its not them.
BLAKE wont stay with the clips, so it aint them
Sacremento is nice with evans and cousins
but I think Wall would stay with washington, i also think Mcgee is a beast.
im gonna give it to washington.

What?
04-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Clippers are the only team with a legit super star and a great 2nd player but until the team is sold that team isn't going anywhere

after that Sacramento because of the same reasons as Khalifa

JCSchwa
04-06-2011, 08:23 PM
obviously none of these teams standout in the NBA even as far as potential for the future....but from this limited and probably biased list i guess i will opt for the Clippers although im sure Sterling will probably screw that up ...but in the NBA...the thunder, bulls, and heat are miles above the rest as far as their futures with the pieces they already have in place....almost forgot the nuggets...them too.

joshhorvath
04-06-2011, 08:28 PM
what, no Toronto in here? Top 3 pick in upcoming draft, DD, and Ed Davis, thats quite a promising lineup!!!

JCSchwa
04-06-2011, 08:44 PM
LOL@ this thread...top vote getter is like the winner of the NIT. none of these teams other then maybe the Clips (who unfortunately will probably be sabotaged) should be talked about in terms of "best" in anyway, now or in the future.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I like the Kings out of those teams.

KingsMadness44
04-06-2011, 08:59 PM
obviously none of these teams standout in the NBA even as far as potential for the future....but from this limited and probably biased list i guess i will opt for the Clippers although im sure Sterling will probably screw that up ...but in the NBA...the thunder, bulls, and heat are miles above the rest as far as their futures with the pieces they already have in place....almost forgot the nuggets...them too.

but you couldnt say those things about almost all those teams 5 years ago

barring the heats title in 2006

all those teams were trash until free agency and the draft so why write these teams off?

JCSchwa
04-06-2011, 09:25 PM
but you couldnt say those things about almost all those teams 5 years ago

barring the heats title in 2006

all those teams were trash until free agency and the draft so why write these teams off?

Dude im not writing them off...the OP queries "Which team has the best looking future moving foward?".. the OP also specifys "*Note this list is based off of what the teams already have and not what they could get."

5 years ago you could still put the heat in and the prob the cavs too as well as the nuggets....obvioulsy due to wade, bron, and melo who were the superstar bound youth then...now however where do the superstar talented youth dwell? not in SAC for sure.... you could say Jon Wall and KLove but their talents are not on par with the likes of wade, bron, and melo...and like i said the Clips are a legit mention other then the fact that the party will probably be spoiled by Sterling. Basically my point is that the most of the best teams in the NBA right now are loaded with young talent(bulls,nuggets,heat,thunder)-not in any order...so if we are projecting which teams have the brightest futures ...its is them ...not the ones that are trying to claw they ways out of the dumpster.

knickfan33
04-06-2011, 09:46 PM
thunder has biggest upside of any nba team....hands down.... everyone on that team is young....

all these other teams mentioned... noone is gonna stay there... blake and gordon will leave the clippers.... noone stays on the clippers... same goes for every other team you mentioned

KingsMadness44
04-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Dude im not writing them off...the OP queries "Which team has the best looking future moving foward?".. the OP also specifys "*Note this list is based off of what the teams already have and not what they could get."

5 years ago you could still put the heat in and the prob the cavs too as well as the nuggets....obvioulsy due to wade, bron, and melo who were the superstar bound youth then...now however where do the superstar talented youth dwell? not in SAC for sure.... you could say Jon Wall and KLove but their talents are not on par with the likes of wade, bron, and melo...and like i said the Clips are a legit mention other then the fact that the party will probably be spoiled by Sterling. Basically my point is that the most of the best teams in the NBA right now are loaded with young talent(bulls,nuggets,heat,thunder)-not in any order...so if we are projecting which teams have the brightest futures ...its is them ...not the ones that are trying to claw they ways out of the dumpster.

the one thing that all those individuals that you pointed out and i'll throw in durant Blake griffin they are all the media darlings. they are all very hyped and well known. Obviously i am a kings fan so ill be a homer and say that i think Tyreke Evans and Demarcus Cousins will be a hell of a 1-2 punch throw in Marcus Thorton scoring abillity plus a top 5 pick and A TON of money to spend

jneises21
04-07-2011, 12:57 AM
As long as the Thunder have Durant and Westbrook they will always compete

Crackadalic
04-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Kings. They have a future go to wing player in Tyreke and a big man in Cousins. If they can get themselves a pg like Irving watch out

KingsMadness44
04-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Kings. They have a future go to wing player in Tyreke and a big man in Cousins. If they can get themselves a pg like Irving watch out

i wouldnt mind Irving but im partial to harrison barnes if he declares i think Tyreke Evans can handle point but i see what your saying he is better suited for wing idk i just like Barnes potential

bmd1101
04-07-2011, 01:38 AM
None of those. OKC/Portland and maybe the sixers if they can pick back up next season.

JCSchwa
04-07-2011, 01:47 AM
the one thing that all those individuals that you pointed out and i'll throw in durant Blake griffin they are all the media darlings. they are all very hyped and well known. Obviously i am a kings fan so ill be a homer and say that i think Tyreke Evans and Demarcus Cousins will be a hell of a 1-2 punch throw in Marcus Thorton scoring abillity plus a top 5 pick and A TON of money to spend

i agree tyreke evans and Demarcus Cousins are 2 promising young players and the franchise finally has a chance to climb out of the muck they have been in since the Cwebb days...however my point was that those players i pointed out Bron,Melo,Wade,KD,Rose,westbrook...etc they are all young as well and are the top players in the game on good young teams...i was just saying that if your looking for the team which "has the best looking future moving forward"..it cannot be one from the OP's list as long as the thunder,bulls, heat , and maybe nuggets are still playing in the nba.

Hellcrooner
04-07-2011, 02:55 AM
do you realize that eventually all thso youngsters will want to get paid and teams wont be able to afford all of them?

i say None.

knicks heat and bulls have set themselves up very well , then celtcis and lakers have tons of cap space at the moment their current rosters stop being winners with their legacy and history they will gete whoever they want in the f agencys of 2013 and 2014 respectively.

so, dont expect much change at the top for the next coulple yearfs.

Lake_Show2416
04-07-2011, 03:08 AM
Blake isnt going to be there to long

Kings are pretty close to putting together a solid team with great talent

John Walls Era
04-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Washington.

Donald Sterling will probably mess it all up. Maybe he will want to watch Griffin shower or something.

Evolution23
04-07-2011, 08:46 AM
I wana say Timberwolves but they have a terrible GM so I'll go with The Clips. They got a superstar in the making in Griffin, a solid #2 option in Gordon, a decent Center in Kaman if he stays healthy, and they have Draft picks to make themselves even better. I can see them making the playoffs next year.

JDMVP
04-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Clippers will be nice as long as no one pulls a LeBron. They could be really good. Blake Griffin and Eric Gordan is gonna be one heck of a 1-2 punch.

The BodyGuard
04-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Okc Thunder n Washington Wizards

The BodyGuard
04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I wana say Timberwolves but they have a terrible GM so I'll go with The Clips. They got a superstar in the making in Griffin, a solid #2 option in Gordon, a decent Center in Kaman if he stays healthy, and they have Draft picks to make themselves even better. I can see them making the playoffs next year.

They also got Jordan

PhillyFaninLA
04-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Out of the listed teams I think the Clippers could step up as a playoff team in the next 2 or 3 years as they get a bit more experience and the Lakers, Dallas, and Spurs get older.

The Kings need to be able to control there players better but they have some real and potentially special talent.

I don't like the Wizards at all and The Wolves have shown me nothing with there current ownership that gets me to believe that they will ever get the right front office in place to fix there team.

lvlheaded
04-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Mo-Gordon-Aminu-BG32-Deandre

That team has serious potential. I think BG32 will be the best player in basketball at some point

Baller1
04-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Chicago, Miami, and OKC.

chitown815
04-07-2011, 12:11 PM
chicago, miami, and okc.

+1

BrooklynBandito
04-07-2011, 12:16 PM
what, no Toronto in here? Top 3 pick in upcoming draft, DD, and Ed Davis, thats quite a promising lineup!!!

:facepalm: no sorry

dhopisthename
04-07-2011, 12:42 PM
I think the jazz should at least be listed. Hayward, favors, Jefferson, Millsap, Harris, Two lotto picks this year and probably two next year.