PDA

View Full Version : Which teams can cause an upset in the playoffs???

knicks09
04-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Which teams do you think can cause an upset in the playoffs ?? I think the Knicks and Nuggets have a chance

JordansBulls
04-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Denver possibly and maybe Atlanta over Orlando. Those are the only two matches that are for sure right now though.

Kashmir13579
04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Knicks anyone? given, it isn't likely, but thats why its an "upset".

'Melo is playing great and it looks like things are starting to come together... i don't wanna speak too soon, though.

Slimsim
04-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Denver and memphis

smith&wesson
04-06-2011, 04:10 PM
denver
new york
atlanta

leftymo
04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
There are several things that can "cause" an upset. One is if a team matches up favorably to another. Another of course is great team chemistry...

The Knicks don't fit into either, and they'll be gone in the first round.

The Nuggets however, play as a team, and have a legit shot at getting a 1st round upset.

Also, mentally weak teams are susceptible to first round exits. This will offend some, but San Antonio (less likely) and Dallas both fall into this category. I'm not saying SA is weak, but they have been bounced in the first round as a higher seed recently, and so has Dallas (maybe not recently).

There are only 5 title contenders this year, and nobody will change that. Miami, LA, SA, Boston, and Chicago are the only teams that will have a chance to win a title this year.

lvlheaded
04-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Denver, NY, and Memphis. I think all three are going to be heavy underdogs(The Nuggets less than the Knicks and Grizzlies)against whoever they face and have the potential to surprise some people

nycericanguy
04-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Any team that isn't favored?:shrug:

gotoHcarolina52
04-06-2011, 04:46 PM
The Knicks will likely get spanked. Little chance of an upset. They're done by game 5.

Hoopsadvocate
04-06-2011, 05:28 PM
i cant wait to laugh in the face of every knick fan who thinks they really have a shot. It'll be an upset if they win 2 games.

abe_froman
04-06-2011, 05:33 PM
den and maybe portland(depending on who they get).i doubt anyone in the east will get upset

Iron24th
04-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Memphis

SteveNash
04-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Magic, Boston, Heat, Memphis, Denver, Portland, Lakers.

Donnie Brasco
04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Denver

Kashmir13579
04-06-2011, 05:50 PM
i cant wait to laugh in the face of every knick fan who thinks they really have a shot. It'll be an upset if they win 2 games.

its statements like this that would make it an "upset" in every sense of the word.

metsfanssince05
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I want the ****ing heat, I think we can take them. We match up well with them.

Melo on Lebron. Carter on Wade. Sheldon on Bosh. Lebron cant take Carmelo, and no body can take Amar'e, only way is to foul him out or get 4 or 5 fouls which causes him not to play 1 ounce of defense.

It would be a very good series.

We may not win but it will go to game 6 or 7.

Crew1523
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Denver definetely.

Jewelz0376
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
I think Por will beat Mavs in 1st round (if they meet)...NY is another weird one...If they play Mia I wouldn't be shocked if they beat them...but then I wouldn't be shocked if they got swept either lol

todu82
04-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Denver and Atlanta

Ill21
04-06-2011, 06:03 PM

i cant wait to laugh in the face of any heat fan that thinks they will make it past the celtics or magic

The BodyGuard
04-06-2011, 06:04 PM

If the Knicks play against Miami in the first round. Then NY will pull a upset

Pierzynski4Prez
04-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Knicks anyone? given, it isn't likely, but thats why its an "upset".

'Melo is playing great and it looks like things are starting to come together... i don't wanna speak too soon, though.

Didn't the Knicks just lose 9 out of 10 before getting to play Cleveland, NJ, and Toronto all at home?

Edit: I see the Orlando victory at home, but they still have lost 9 of the last 14. Hardly coming together.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I want the ****ing heat, I think we can take them. We match up well with them.

Melo on Lebron. Carter on Wade. Sheldon on Bosh. Lebron cant take Carmelo, and no body can take Amar'e, only way is to foul him out or get 4 or 5 fouls which causes him not to play 1 ounce of defense.

It would be a very good series.

We may not win but it will go to game 6 or 7.

Did you really just write that?

Slimsim
04-06-2011, 06:13 PM

Carter frustrated Wade in the final Heat knicks game.

Slimsim
04-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Didn't the Knicks just lose 9 out of 10 before getting to play Cleveland, NJ, and Toronto all at home?

Edit: I see the Orlando victory at home, but they still have lost 9 of the last 14. Hardly coming together.

A team that get out rebounded every game shouldn't win any games. Some how we do

Jewelz0376
04-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Carter frustrated Wade in the final Heat knicks game.

You think he could do that for a whole series??

danniboi168
04-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Portland.

metsfanssince05
04-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Yes I just did. And if you watched last game and recent Knicks game, Carter abuses top players.. He plays tight defense, gets steals in the clutch.. And its like this every game, I dont think I've seen Carter have 1 bad game yet on defense..

Slimsim
04-06-2011, 06:21 PM
You think he could do that for a whole series??

probably not but if you can slow down 1 of the big three you have a chance

Punk
04-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Denver, Memphis and New York.

And, this is coming from a Heat fan? Who can't win a game against the Celtics but talk so arrogantly after they lost twice to the Knicks?

No wonder nobody likes Heat fans around here.

WashHeightsO
04-06-2011, 06:35 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:
Denver, Memphis and New York.

And, this is coming from a Heat fan? Who can't win a game against the Celtics but talk so arrogantly after they lost twice to the Knicks?

No wonder nobody likes Heat fans around here.

They have the fake big 3 and they still don't sell out games.

Jonathan2323
04-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Nuggets and Blazers

Jonathan2323
04-06-2011, 06:50 PM
If the Knicks play against Miami in the first round. Then NY will pull a upset

There's a difference b/w hoping and thinking the HEAT will get upset. Everyone HOPES the HEAT will lose, but its highly unlikely because in a 7 game series the better team wins. If you think the Knicks are the better team then you really have your hater glasses on.

SteveNash
04-06-2011, 06:54 PM
There's a difference b/w hoping and thinking the HEAT will get upset. Everyone HOPES the HEAT will lose, but its highly unlikely because in a 7 game series the better team wins.

2006 NBA Finals.

Hoopsadvocate
04-06-2011, 06:57 PM
i cant wait to laugh in the face of any heat fan that thinks they will make it past the celtics or magic

difference is no body in here is saying that the heat will be a likely upset against the celtics unlike how the knicks fans are saying to us if they play us. And just so u know we cant play the magic unless they beat chicago hence make it to the finals so therefor by saying that u think we will actually play them u must think we will beat boston to make it to the finals.

thanks for the support :up:

He115ing
04-06-2011, 06:59 PM

I can't wait to laugh in your face when the heatles get thrown out in the first round

Jonathan2323
04-06-2011, 06:59 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

They have the fake big 3 and they still don't sell out games.

Sell out more than the Knicks...

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

The fake big 3...good one.

The BodyGuard
04-06-2011, 07:23 PM
There's a difference b/w hoping and thinking the HEAT will get upset. Everyone HOPES the HEAT will lose, but its highly unlikely because in a 7 game series the better team wins. If you think the Knicks are the better team then you really have your hater glasses on.

Its called a upset bro, and I do think if they play against each otha that NY will win

ElMarroAfamado
04-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Once again, which ever teams end up playing the Spurs and the Heat have great chances. But people like me will not see them as upsets rather the inevitable.

OldSchool
04-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Sell out more than the Knicks...

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

The fake big 3...good one.

Selling out your building with the opposing teams fans occupying half of the stadium dont count...lol. Lebron getting booed by NYK fans in Miami??? Disgrace!

hotpotato1092
04-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Though I'm biased, I think the Knicks are a prime upset candidate, particularly against Miami. I think they'd follow the Golden State '07 formula, here's what they have going for them:

- Not one, but TWO guys who can, on any given night, be the best player on the floor (For GS, it was Baron and Captain Jack, for the Knicks it's Melo and Amare)

- A HUGE home court advantage, nobody wants to go to MSG.

- They can score with anyone, so if the other team is having any sort of off night offensively it'd be really hard to pull away from them.

Will the Knicks win in the first round? Probably not, they play **** defense and D'antoni has no clue what to do with this rotation. However they do have a lot going for them that upset candidates generally do, and at the very least I think they give Miami or Boston a series.

Btw, D'antoni-Spoelstra in the first round would be like the bizarro Phil Jackson-Jerry Sloan match up. Two coaches with tons of talent who have absolutely no clue what to do with it. You know how some coaching matches are described as a game of chess? D'antoni-Spoelstra is gonna be like a game of tic-tac-toe, and Spoelstra's gonna win it by default because he got to go first (i.e he got his stars first).

Pierzynski4Prez
04-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Yes I just did. And if you watched last game and recent Knicks game, Carter abuses top players.. He plays tight defense, gets steals in the clutch.. And its like this every game, I dont think I've seen Carter have 1 bad game yet on defense..

You do realize he's played over 20 minutes 1 time all season, right? If the Knicks beat the heat, it won't be because of the 4th guard in your rotation.

AllBall
04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Portland is gonna be a tough out.

NYK4L
04-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Knicks!

ohreally
04-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Memphis, Denver, Magic, Blazers (though probably not), Sixers (only if the Heat go in overconfident, lose the first game, and press afterward), Knicks (I think the Celtics handle them easily, but if the Celtic's offense is as bad as it has looked lately (and the Knicks would be their best remedy for this) they could play good D and still lose. I doubt it, but the Cs are old, so one never knows; this would be a major upset though. I mean MAJOR).

NYK4L
04-12-2011, 12:54 PM
selling out your building with the opposing teams fans occupying half of the stadium dont count...lol. Lebron getting booed by nyk fans in miami??? Disgrace!

lol :D :D :D

knicks4life33
04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
knicks

Jonathan2323
04-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Selling out your building with the opposing teams fans occupying half of the stadium dont count...lol. Lebron getting booed by NYK fans in Miami??? Disgrace!

Not our fault that New Yorkers rather live down here and its more like a quarter of the building :).

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-12-2011, 06:23 PM
There are several things that can "cause" an upset. One is if a team matches up favorably to another. Another of course is great team chemistry...

The Knicks don't fit into either, and they'll be gone in the first round.

The Nuggets however, play as a team, and have a legit shot at getting a 1st round upset.
Also, mentally weak teams are susceptible to first round exits. This will offend some, but San Antonio (less likely) and Dallas both fall into this category. I'm not saying SA is weak, but they have been bounced in the first round as a higher seed recently, and so has Dallas (maybe not recently).

There are only 5 title contenders this year, and nobody will change that. Miami, LA, SA, Boston, and Chicago are the only teams that will have a chance to win a title this year.

Again... Another ignorant poster.

You obviously havent watched the Knicks or even checked the "WS" column on NBA.com. Cuz if you did, you'd realise that the NYK's are on a 7 game win streak. Melo has bein playin out of his mind.

And you also mighta caught the the Nugget's got worked twice in a week by the Thunder (they're first round match-up)

IBleedPurple
04-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Again... Another ignorant poster.

You obviously havent watched the Knicks or even checked the "WS" column on NBA.com. Cuz if you did, you'd realise that the NYK's are on a 7 game win streak. Melo has bein playin out of his mind.

And you also mighta caught the the Nugget's got worked twice in a week by the Thunder (they're first round match-up)

Ever considered the Nuggets didn't wanna show their hand before the playoffs? Or maybe they had almost half of the team injured (Afflalo, Andersen, Mozgov, Chandler, Gallo)?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Ever considered the Nuggets didn't wanna show their hand before the playoffs? Or maybe they had almost half of the team injured (Afflalo, Andersen, Mozgov, Chandler, Gallo)?

Lol are you just a spectator now? What we do know for sure is that they lost.