PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Picture: If the playoffs started today.

Purple&Gold24
04-06-2011, 03:50 AM
EAST:
1.Chicago vs 8.Indiana

2.Boston vs 7.New York

3.Miami vs 6.Philadelphia

4.Orlando vs 5.Atlanta

WEST
1.San Antonio vs 8.Memphis

2.Los Angeles vs 7.New Orleans

3.Dallas vs 6.Portland

4.Oklahoma City vs 5.Denver

I think this is pretty much how its going to hold.
West looks interesting, now the east no offense
to other teams but looks like the entire top seed
will come out of the first round :shrug:

Purple&Gold24
04-06-2011, 03:52 AM
http://www.nba.com/statistics/playoff_picture.html

A link to nbas if playoffs started today page.

rhino17
04-06-2011, 03:56 AM
and the east still sucks

BlinkManJan02
04-06-2011, 04:32 AM
Rematch of Orlando and Atlanta. Hopefully Orlando will completely own again.

shep33
04-06-2011, 04:35 AM
yeah, the east playoff picture for the first round doesn't look too good. West looks amazing. Spurs vs. Memphis for instance could be a real grind it out series for San Antonio. Laker vs. Hornets, I think the Lakers swept them this year, so I dunno about that one. Dallas vs. Portland... sick series right there... only gets better with Denver vs. OKC. Hopefully these stay the same out west.

Side note... the 2 seed out west may actually be less of a headache in getting to the Finals. I actually think its an advantage for LA to take the second seed over the first as weird as it sounds.

Right now LA would play the Hornets, round 2 they get Dallas/Portland with LA having HCA, round 3 Spurs or Thunder.

The Spurs right now have to go against the Grizzlies who grind out games, the Thunder/Nuggets who can beat anyone on anynight really, then the Lakers most likely (if not Dallas or Portland).

I'd still expect a WCF of LA vs. San Antonio though... should be fun. East really starts getting interesting in round 2. Chicago vs. Orlando, Boston vs. Miami--- epic series.

Agar81
04-06-2011, 07:56 AM
^ :cricket: don't you realize NO ONE goes to your horrible sites

Young and Stupid
04-06-2011, 08:10 AM
I'm really rooting for a Heat-Knicks matchup in the first-round; I don't care how it happens -- 3-6 or 2-7 -- get it done Stern.

If the Heat and the Knicks do end up drawing each other, the vibe in the Garden is gonna be soooooo dope -- not that it wouldn't be if they played the Celtics, but I don't think it'd be as tense because Knicks fans have more hate for the Heat. Bring back the rivalry.

BALLER R
04-06-2011, 08:47 AM
denver and OKC will be the most exciting first round series

TO Rapz
04-06-2011, 09:31 AM
yeah, the east playoff picture for the first round doesn't look too good. West looks amazing. Spurs vs. Memphis for instance could be a real grind it out series for San Antonio. Laker vs. Hornets, I think the Lakers swept them this year, so I dunno about that one. Dallas vs. Portland... sick series right there... only gets better with Denver vs. OKC. Hopefully these stay the same out west.

Side note... the 2 seed out west may actually be less of a headache in getting to the Finals. I actually think its an advantage for LA to take the second seed over the first as weird as it sounds.

Right now LA would play the Hornets, round 2 they get Dallas/Portland with LA having HCA, round 3 Spurs or Thunder.

The Spurs right now have to go against the Grizzlies who grind out games, the Thunder/Nuggets who can beat anyone on anynight really, then the Lakers most likely (if not Dallas or Portland).

I'd still expect a WCF of LA vs. San Antonio though... should be fun. East really starts getting interesting in round 2. Chicago vs. Orlando, Boston vs. Miami--- epic series.

:drool:

HOZ THE KNICK
04-06-2011, 10:00 AM
EAST:
1.Chicago vs 8.Indiana

2.Boston vs 7.New York

4.Orlando vs 5.Atlanta

WEST

3.Dallas vs 6.Portland

will come out of the first round :shrug:the hawks own the magic this season you know that right?

Tarheels23
04-06-2011, 10:12 AM
I could def see Denver and Portland with 1st round upsets

bootsy
04-06-2011, 10:15 AM
and the east still sucks

And when the Lakers sweep every West team out of the playoffs AGAIN you will say..

I'll say it for you the West still sucks and is boring to watch.

rhino17
04-06-2011, 10:28 AM
And when the Lakers sweep every West team out of the playoffs AGAIN you will say..

I'll say it for you the West still sucks and is boring to watch.
Does that mean anything?

is that why teams that will not even make the playoffs in the west could be 6th and possibly 5th seed in the east

the east still has losing teams making the playoffs, what a joke

knickerbockerny
04-06-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm really rooting for a Heat-Knicks matchup in the first-round; I don't care how it happens -- 3-6 or 2-7 -- get it done Stern.

If the Heat and the Knicks do end up drawing each other, the vibe in the Garden is gonna be soooooo dope -- not that it wouldn't be if they played the Celtics, but I don't think it'd be as tense because Knicks fans have more hate for the Heat. Bring back the rivalry.

I'm hoping for a Knicks Heat match up as well!!!

chitown815
04-06-2011, 10:30 AM
and the east still sucks

yeah the 1 seed and the 3 seed are the only seeds the east wins head to head

mttwlsn16
04-06-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm hoping for a Knicks Heat match up as well!!!

me too :D

and knicks winning as lebron folds/quits in MSG :clap:

Giantwarrior
04-06-2011, 10:39 AM
If I were the Lakers, I would stay at the #2 spot to avoid the Thunder in the 2nd round.

bootsy
04-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Does that mean anything?

is that why teams that will not even make the playoffs in the west could be 6th and possibly 5th seed in the east

the east still has losing teams making the playoffs, what a joke

Yeah it means something. It means the West has a bunch of fraudulent teams that rack up wins during the regular season and fold in the playoffs. I laugh every time someone like you says the east sucks but every year the Lakers seem to run through the West with ease. Everybody hypes up the West every year before the playoffs with 'This is going to be the best playoffs ever' and then there are a bunch of sweeps and 5 game series. If the West is so great show me instead of having one team stand above everyone else.

JordansBulls
04-06-2011, 11:46 AM
EAST:
1.Chicago vs 8.Indiana

2.Boston vs 7.New York

4.Orlando vs 5.Atlanta

WEST

3.Dallas vs 6.Portland

I think Portland sliding to 7th to play LA and New Orleans in 6th to play Dallas are more interesting matchups.

ShockerArt
04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
EAST:
1.Chicago vs 8.Indiana

2.Boston vs 7.New York

4.Orlando vs 5.Atlanta

WEST

3.Dallas vs 6.Portland

Portland can beat Dallas. If that doesn't happen it should be all chalk in the first round.

nickdymez
04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah it means something. It means the West has a bunch of fraudulent teams that rack up wins during the regular season and fold in the playoffs. I laugh every time someone like you says the east sucks but every year the Lakers seem to run through the West with ease. Everybody hypes up the West every year before the playoffs with 'This is going to be the best playoffs ever' and then there are a bunch of sweeps and 5 game series. If the West is so great show me instead of having one team stand above everyone else.

:facepalm:

rhino17
04-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Brilliant logic

Define a "bunch of sweeps and 5 game series," because inthe last two years, they have swept exactly 1 team and played a 5 games series against 1 team, both were the Jazz

And you are holding it against the west that the best team in the nba, the nba champions, were winning playoff games against them? lol

the east still has teams with losing records in the playoffs while the west is leaving out teams that could potentially be as high as 5th in the east