PDA

View Full Version : Casspi wants out of Sacramento

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 09:38 PM
For the fourth time in the past seven games, Omri Casspi never left the Sacramento Kings’ bench on Sunday night, watching from the sideline as his team claimed a 106-97 home victory over the Utah Jazz.

The 22-year-old Israeli forward has experienced an erratic sophomore season in the NBA under the guidance of fickle coach Paul Westphal. After playing a total of just 27 minutes in Sacramento’s last seven games, Casspi has revealed that he would like to leave the Kings for a team that would truly appreciate him.

It’s not easy for me to sit on the bench, which has happened to me quite a bit in Sacramento’s last few games,” Casspi wrote in a column published on Israeli sports website ONE.

“I’m a player who lives the game and as soon as you take away the thing I love the most in the world – playing basketball, it is hard for me.

“The situation in Sacramento is not like it used to be in the past. Coach Paul Westphal is experimenting and trying different things and I’m certainly not in his plans. We have six more games until the end of the season, and although I won’t say that I’m counting the seconds, it is clear to me that I will have to make some decisions at the end of the year.”

Casspi, who has averaged 8.8 points and 4.4 rebounds in 69 games so far this season, claimed that there is plenty of interest in his services from other teams in the league.

“I know that there are many teams, including some playoff teams, that want me ahead of next season,” he wrote. “I hope to find myself in a team that appreciates me as a player and a person, a team that plays like a team.

“I still don’t know if I will definitely not be continuing with the Kings. I’ve got a contract and love the fans, the city, the owner and the general manager.

But things haven’t worked out and that is legitimate.

Sacramento is the team that gave me the chance to play in the NBA so it would be egotistical of me to say I want to leave, but I’m certain that I’m good enough to play, whether it is for the Kings or another team.

“Clearly the current situation is not ideal for the team and for me. There are other teams which suit me better and since I have an excellent relationship with the players and the staff, I hope that they appreciate me enough to let me leave for a place where I can play basketball.”

http://www.jpost.com/Sports/Article.aspx?id=215173

sacgiants1213
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
He'll get his wish. He'll love Anaheim.

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 09:43 PM

lol...... don't think thats what he meant

DerekRE_3
04-04-2011, 09:45 PM
It's Casspi's own fault he's not playing. He never separated himself from his competition. Also, you talk to your coach directly instead of *****ing to the media. Meet Rudy Fernandez 2.0. Another foreigner who thinks he's a lot better than he really is.

210Don
04-04-2011, 09:49 PM
bring him to spurs

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't mind him on the Bulls, to be honest, I haven't watched him play too much, but I know he is a pretty damn good shooter.

DerekRE_3
04-04-2011, 09:53 PM
If he wants to play more...play better defense, and learn how to do something other than launch 3's. He has no in between game whatsoever. That's his problem. He has time to learn it, but as of now, he's a very one dimensional offensive player.

29$JerZ
04-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Perfect player for NY and Chicago, doubt Sac trades him

AddiX
04-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Can't blame him, who wants to be a team that with owners who dot care about winning right now. And stuck with a coach who really doesn't know which players and the kind of system he wants to run.

He should to ny and can play with his "Jewish" brother, amare.

Slimsim
04-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Lets me take a Guess He wants to play in NY

Lake_Show2416
04-04-2011, 10:03 PM

my exact thoughts :laugh2:

godolphins
04-04-2011, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't mind him on the Bulls, to be honest, I haven't watched him play too much, but I know he is a pretty damn good shooter.

If you want him on the Bulls than I want him on the Heat

danniboi168
04-04-2011, 10:10 PM

haha nice.

The_Jamal
04-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Fine, he's a 3-pt chucker who doesn't play defense. I'd rather keep Donte as a back-up 3 anyway, who is an unbelieveably good teammate.

DodgerBulls
04-04-2011, 10:17 PM

haha. This was gonna be my response when I saw the thread.

Lim
04-04-2011, 10:19 PM
lol this guy is acting like hes some superstar. I WANT OUT OF SAC!!

theheatles
04-04-2011, 10:19 PM

nooooooo casspi licks

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 10:21 PM

I don't want him that bad. I haven't watched him play enough to really want him or not want him.

Gram
04-04-2011, 10:21 PM
It's Casspi's own fault he's not playing. He never separated himself from his competition. Also, you talk to your coach directly instead of *****ing to the media. Meet Rudy Fernandez 2.0. Another foreigner who thinks he's a lot better than he really is.

I coulda sworn you were one a the Sactown fans who was really high on Casspi...lol.

goose15
04-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Knicks will gladly take him..

DodgerBulls
04-04-2011, 10:30 PM
nooooooo casspi licks

Because they want someone who sucks .... :p I couldn't help it.

DerekRE_3
04-04-2011, 10:32 PM
I coulda sworn you were one a the Sactown fans who was really high on Casspi...lol.

I am, but he needs to work on his in between game, ball handing, and defense. He's a good shooter and rebounder, hard worker and passionate player. He's 22 years old and with his work ethic he can improve in those areas, but publicly saying he wants out if he can't play more is not the answer.

hgtiger32
04-04-2011, 10:37 PM
celtics a possible team?

Sadds The Gr8
04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Get on this Colangelo

KingPosey
04-04-2011, 10:48 PM

No one has ever said anything more correct on PSD.

Hellcrooner
04-04-2011, 11:07 PM
HE is RIGHT.

If they are not going to use him and there are teams interested in using him he should be traded.

Sixerlover
04-04-2011, 11:17 PM
To be honest, who cares what Casspi wants? If I was the GM I'd laugh him out of my office

shep33
04-04-2011, 11:25 PM
what is this guy thinking? What is he a 2nd year player? Note to Casspi... if you went to an even better team, you probably at best get the same minutes.

jim51990
04-04-2011, 11:35 PM
gladly take him in boston

iggypop123
04-05-2011, 12:00 AM
he's a good player. a cocky guy for some reason but a nice young talent. i know chicago was desperately trying to acquire him, but no dice.

D-Block21-Chito
04-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Casspi would be a great bench player for the bulls... I've wanted him for awhile now...

Purple&Gold24
04-05-2011, 12:23 AM

haha. :rimshot:

Purple&Gold24
04-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Casspi would be a great bench player for the bulls... I've wanted him for awhile now...

He'd be a great fit for your team..

KG2TB
04-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Is his defense really that bad? I don't get a chance to watch many Kings games because, well, they're the Kings...but I remember watching them earlier in the year against the Nuggets....Melo and Casspi were really going at it and Melo was acting extremely cocky like he couldn't be guarded by this foreign kid...but Casspi hung in there, didn't back down, hit some huge shots, and made it extremely difficult for Melo. Made him look like a ***** actually. From that one game I could tell he's a capable defender...maybe it's just a consistent effort thing? Any Kings fans care to elaborate?

Khalifa21
04-05-2011, 12:30 AM
He'd be a good fit in NY or Chicago.. I wonder what his trade value is now teams know he wants out?

meloman1592
04-05-2011, 12:53 AM
I'll pass. He's a streak shooter who plays 0 defense and doesn't have much more to offer. I'd prefer a FA SG like JR Smith or Jamal Crawford.

mjokc
04-05-2011, 11:34 AM
From what i've seen he doesn't play much D at all because thabo sefalosha lit him up the last time we played him. Thabo is one of the worst offensive players in the league. However, he seems to be a pretty good scorer and can score quickly. I wouldn't mind the thunder taking a shot at him in the off season if the price is right.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2011, 11:38 AM
do average players know when they open their traps, they hurt their trade value, to the point that a team will have a hard time trading them?

Stuff like this should be done behind closed doors Casspi.

BklynKnicks3
04-05-2011, 11:44 AM
who cares

mttwlsn16
04-05-2011, 11:54 AM
good thing theyre moving to anaheim then

pebloemer
04-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I am, but he needs to work on his in between game, ball handing, and defense. He's a good shooter and rebounder, hard worker and passionate player. He's 22 years old and with his work ethic he can improve in those areas, but publicly saying he wants out if he can't play more is not the answer.

I think this sums up the player and situation well. I wouldn't mind him in Toronto if the price was right. Depending on the draft, he could have a nice fit in the rotation.

smith&wesson
04-05-2011, 12:52 PM
sounds like the coach doesnt know how to develop his young talent. 27 mins in the last 6-7 games ? in total ? for one of your top picks last year ? how would a 22 year old get better with out playing time. its not like the kings are a play off team and dont need theyre prospects to flurish.

khalil72
04-05-2011, 01:07 PM
He'd get a lot of open shots in Miami.

The BodyGuard °
04-05-2011, 01:36 PM

Lmao, Nice

Punk
04-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't blame him. After being such a huge part of the King's relevance last season, they put him on the trading block before All-Star weekend. Now, Sacramento is in limbo. So, he does have a right to want out or not.

I've wanted him since I heard he was available. He'd be the next Gallinari in NY. The guy got "Omri Casppi" chants at MSG last season.

Hellcrooner
04-05-2011, 03:48 PM
do average players know when they open their traps, they hurt their trade value, to the point that a team will have a hard time trading them?

Stuff like this should be done behind closed doors Casspi.

Who tells you he is not just sickj of talking to westphal and not getting any response?

Tony_Starks
04-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Don't you just love it when players that are still under contract talk about what they're going to do next year? Felton did this earlier too. Man shut up and play ball, if you get on the court prove your head and shoulders above who's in front of you then you'll get the time.

Hellcrooner
04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Don't you just love it when players that are still under contract talk about what they're going to do next year? Felton did this earlier too. Man shut up and play ball, if you get on the court prove your head and shoulders above who's in front of you then you'll get the time.

what happens when no matter what you do your coach will still not play you?

yeah that kind of things happen.

and happen more frequaently to foreigners that have to work twice as hard to get a quarter of the recognision.

DerekRE_3
04-05-2011, 05:11 PM

and happen more frequaently to foreigners that have to work twice as hard to get a quarter of the recognision.

The bottom line is he's not playing better than Francisco Garcia. He's not playing better than Tyreke Evans either, who has also seen time at the 3 when they play Beno Thornton and Reke together. Then there's Donte Greene, who plays better defense and has been playing well lately. There's just no room for him in the rotation right now. He hasn't earned the minutes.

madmoochie
04-05-2011, 07:15 PM
a nice fit in new york, rich in jewish population

hyb152
04-05-2011, 08:16 PM
who cares

YOU better care since he's prime option for your very own NY Knicks. A ton of knicks fans want him and the knicks probably too. Think about the marketing he could be used for there with the Jewish community. Plus, he's a young player with upside and a lot of room to grow.

JNA17
04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes! I was waiting for this day. Bring the Jew to the Lakers!

evadatam5150
04-05-2011, 08:20 PM

Perfect place for a guy who doesn't play defense.. :D

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-05-2011, 08:32 PM

I was thinking that too.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-05-2011, 08:32 PM
perfect place for a guy who doesn't play defense.. :d

lol

Daze9900
04-05-2011, 08:50 PM

There are a lot of Jewish folk out here so sure let him come he could be like Yao they would come out to see him.

joshhorvath
04-05-2011, 08:59 PM
****ing eh, be happy your in the NBA buddy!!! hell i'd do anything to be playing 27 minutes in the NBA getting **** loads of money.

rhino17
04-05-2011, 09:30 PM
the kings are dumb for basically giving evans the team, there have been a lot of complaints about the way they have been running the team, both Casspi and Landry have now come out and said that they are not a real TEAM

DerekRE_3
04-05-2011, 09:44 PM
the kings are dumb for basically giving evans the team, there have been a lot of complaints about the way they have been running the team, both Casspi and Landry have now come out and said that they are not a real TEAM

You haven't watched them lately then. Their ball movement as been way better. Tyreke has jelled with the team so much better since he came back. Having a healthy foot helps too.

And, as far as it being Tyreke's team...DeMarcus Cousins has actually been used more this season. But like I said, the team has finally bought into Westphal's system and is sharing the ball.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-05-2011, 09:49 PM
****ing eh, be happy your in the NBA buddy!!! hell i'd do anything to be playing 27 minutes in the NBA getting **** loads of money.

Exactly, none of the players know how lucky they are.

evadatam5150
04-06-2011, 08:41 PM

You don't know that.. In fact I would wager that you aren't privy to the inner workings of what happens between player and coach at ALL.. None of us knows what the real situation is between he and his coach so there's an entire caveat of speculation here without any real detail.. So for you to tell any of us what is going on between Casspi and his coach is laughable.. And then to top it off with Foreign players have to work twice as hard is just you moaning your apologetics yet again on how Euro's get the short end of the stick.. It's old..

Truth is most foreign players aren't as good as some of the upper crust in the league but that could be said about many players in the league regardless of their origin.. There are a few that are awesome and are recognized for not only their skills but for their hustle, tenacity and work ethic.. And yes they get credit for this so enough already, your sob stories are breaking my heart..

Hellcrooner
04-06-2011, 10:06 PM
You don't know that.. In fact I would wager that you aren't privy to the inner workings of what happens between player and coach at ALL.. None of us knows what the real situation is between he and his coach so there's an entire caveat of speculation here without any real detail.. So for you to tell any of us what is going on between Casspi and his coach is laughable.. And then to top it off with Foreign players have to work twice as hard is just you moaning your apologetics yet again on how Euro's get the short end of the stick.. It's old..

Truth is most foreign players aren't as good as some of the upper crust in the league but that could be said about many players in the league regardless of their origin.. There are a few that are awesome and are recognized for not only their skills but for their hustle, tenacity and work ethic.. And yes they get credit for this so enough already, your sob stories are breaking my heart..

have you ever played organized b ball?

coaches have their biases, yes it happens.
I had various coaches and never were a favourite of them but neither was in their dog house.
but i saw how differently they treated some players and how hard they were on others and how biased about playing time.
two of my coaches are pro coaches now in spain and they are still biased in their decisions.
And bout the different stick for euros is a FACT.
Pau was reaaally lucky that swift turned out to be crap and reeves got a career ending injury because sidnely love had pau in mind as swifts and reeves backup, and he had luck that dickerson got injured because he was being the one doing the shots.
If nto for all that he woudl have been back in spain as a failed player in 2 or 3 years.

Know what? for every Pau, Parker, Dirk and Manu that have the luck that circumstances allow them to finally shwo who they are there are a lot of euros that got stuck in a bad situation and didnt have luck and had to go back.
There IS a bias with foreigners ( except for a few coaches like Pops) and there is a BIAs from FANS against euros.

DOnt believe me? how many people that has posted here watch regualry the Kings? 2 or 3?
Ok the rest of the posters are saying he is soft and does not deffend?

why ? not because they have seen him.
Just because he is euro.

Btw...he INDEED does NOT deffend, but thats another thing,.

DerekRE_3
04-06-2011, 10:33 PM
have you ever played organized b ball?

coaches have their biases, yes it happens.
I had various coaches and never were a favourite of them but neither was in their dog house.
but i saw how differently they treated some players and how hard they were on others and how biased about playing time.
two of my coaches are pro coaches now in spain and they are still biased in their decisions.
And bout the different stick for euros is a FACT.
Pau was reaaally lucky that swift turned out to be crap and reeves got a career ending injury because sidnely love had pau in mind as swifts and reeves backup, and he had luck that dickerson got injured because he was being the one doing the shots.
If nto for all that he woudl have been back in spain as a failed player in 2 or 3 years.

Know what? for every Pau, Parker, Dirk and Manu that have the luck that circumstances allow them to finally shwo who they are there are a lot of euros that got stuck in a bad situation and didnt have luck and had to go back.
There IS a bias with foreigners ( except for a few coaches like Pops) and there is a BIAs from FANS against euros.

DOnt believe me? how many people that has posted here watch regualry the Kings? 2 or 3?
Ok the rest of the posters are saying he is soft and does not deffend?

why ? not because they have seen him.
Just because he is euro.

Btw...he INDEED does NOT deffend, but thats another thing,.

Coaches have their biases sure, but Westphal doesn't. He's known for going with the hot hand. Casspi isn't the only player to go from playing to not. It's happened to Donte Greene countless times this season. And he never once complained to the media. It just happened to Jermaine Taylor, who was actually playing pretty well. Did he whine? No. It's happened to Darnell Jackson as well (who is one of Westphal's favorite players). Did Darnell Jackson whine? No. It's happened to Jason Thompson. He didn't complain to the media. Now he's back as the 3rd big in the rotation. It even happened to Carl Landry. Once again, no complaining. Oh and how many of those guys I just mentioned are from outside of the United States. ZERO.

And I've seen almost every Kings game this season. Donte Greene is a better defender than Casspi. Francisco Garcia is a better defender than Casspi. Tyreke Evans is the best perimeter defender on the team. Those are the guys on the Kings that see time at the 3 spot now that Thornton is on the team.

All Casspi does is shoot 3's. The only other shots he gets are putbacks and fastbreak dunks. The guy has absolutely no in between game and he's not a good ball handler either. He's an active rebounder, but that's not an area the Kings need help in with Dalembert, Cousins, and Thompson. Right now, Francisco Garcia is better in every facet of the game, and Donte Greene is a better defender who has been playing a lot better lately.

Oh did I mention the Kings have been winning lately with him on the bench? I can see him having a problem if the Kings were still losing 6 games in a row, but that's not happening.

If you think the Kings are biased against foreigners...then get a ****ing clue. Beno Udrih is from Slovenia. He's been a key player on the King the past 3-4 seasons. Francisco Garcia is Dominican. He's a starter. Look at how many foreign players have been a part of the Kings over the years. Vlade Divac, Hedo Turkoglu, Darius Songalia, Peja Stojakovic, Omri Casspi, Beno Udrih, and Francisco Garcia. Biased against foreigners, what a ****ing joke.

Casspi needs to shut the **** up, man up, and work his way back in.