PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Thunder

JUMPMANxAIRS
04-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Ok, yes this is my first post on PSD but i had a great question.

I live in the Ocala area in Florida and i was wondering if Seattle SS fans root for the OKC thunder or not. Yes I know Seattle wants a team of their own, but do you basketball fans root for the Thunder while you dont have a team? I know seattle was a good basketball town and they have good fans so I was wondering who they root for. Only thing exciting in Seattle is Felix Hernandez, and the seahawks amazing playoff berth. They need a team ASAP

FlakeyFool
04-04-2011, 07:57 PM
I have a great answer, foot.

Aapox
04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
I really like this post as I have wondered this myself (I think someone once asked this question on here before though)

Geargo Wallace
04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
They root for Alex Rodriguez.

godolphins
04-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I've also wondered this

MrfadeawayJB
04-04-2011, 08:08 PM
they should get a team and call them rainmakers, cuz its always raining out there

Chacarron
04-04-2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595149

You are welcome.

richiesaurus310
04-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Build a new arena and I'm sure a team would come. Maybe Sacramento will go halvsies :pity:

Astronaut
04-04-2011, 09:09 PM
No they don't.. They root against them.

I wouldn't blame them, Stern completely jipped Seattle out of their team... Very good fanbase.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Good question and welcome to PSD.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Also wasn't there a documentary made about the fans of the Sonics after the team left?

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
My friend in Seattle said most people he sees root for The Blazers.

freedas
04-04-2011, 09:58 PM
yeah i live in seattle, most people root for the blazers

Baller1
04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Also wasn't there a documentary made about the fans of the Sonics after the team left?

Incredible piece of work. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

I live in the Ocala area in Florida and i was wondering if Seattle SS fans root for the OKC thunder or not. Yes I know Seattle wants a team of their own, but do you basketball fans root for the Thunder while you dont have a team? I know seattle was a good basketball town and they have good fans so I was wondering who they root for. Only thing exciting in Seattle is Felix Hernandez, and the seahawks amazing playoff berth. They need a team ASAP

Not living in Seattle anymore made the loss of the team easier for me, but by no means am I happy about the move. I would kill to have the Sonics back.

JUMPMANxAIRS
04-04-2011, 10:23 PM
nice thanks everyone, and also nice job finding a past thread with the same question. Answered a question that was looming over me for a while

Punkindrublic03
04-04-2011, 10:25 PM
I do not root for OKC. I don't watch NBA anymore either.

Punkindrublic03
04-04-2011, 10:27 PM
sonicsgate.org

watch this man, its free. Plus it's really educational.

D-Block21-Chito
04-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Dude i'm sorry I can't imagine if chicago took away the bulls I feel for ya man

mjokc
04-05-2011, 04:54 AM
People still run around posting links to that ******** sonicsgate film eh? Geez, it's been 3 years, get over it and move on with your life.

tmacsc2
04-05-2011, 07:31 AM

I have always like T-mac but the sonics were my favorite team, GP and Kemp and Schrempf all day!

I dont root for OKC though at all though, i hate that city and the owner so so much! I however do root for the main three players there Durant and Westbrook and Harden! I actually just recently was looking for an NBA lanyard for the season and i went on ebay and bought a sick Sonics ones that had pins and things on it!
NW fans are the greatest fans in sports!

mttwlsn16
04-05-2011, 11:38 AM
I dont live in NY, LA, or Minnesota, but if the yankees, clippers, or vikings ever moved, id be upset but id definitely still follow them

mjokc
04-05-2011, 11:56 AM
So let me get this straight, A guy is allowed to make a post stating how much he "hates OKC" yet I can't make a post saying that it sounds dumb to hate a city he's never been to for no reason? Wow.