PDA

View Full Version : Magic on the Heat: "They can definitely win multiplechampionships the next few years"

NYtilIdie
04-04-2011, 06:44 PM
He was a guest on Mike & Mike and they just played it on ESPN.

He says they won't win it this year, but they could be in The Finals. He said they're too good not to win multiple championships and that Pat Riley will do a great job assembling a team around them.

Also, the quote is "Not this year, but next season....they can definitely win multiple championships for years to come"

handle
04-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Maybe one.

ManRam
Of course they can win multiple championships. A lot of work has to be done to fill that roster out, but obviously the core is there...

We shall see. Chicago looks like they have the pieces to challenge. LA probably has a few years left at its peak. NYK now has a great core. Who knows where Dwight, Deron, Paul etc. will be in a few years...

Evolution23
They can but they won't

shep33
04-04-2011, 07:04 PM
very capable indeed. Chicago is a scary team as well though, and they're so young. I think Boozer is the senior citizen on that starting lineup. If they had a 2 guard that could score a little more, wowzers. Knicks are also going to get better.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Magic doesn't know ****, he said Lakers were too old this year.

KG2TB
04-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Of course they CAN. That's why there was all this hype leading into the season and all the talk by the amigos eluding to winning more than 7 championships :laugh2: The roster still needs to be tweaked and they need more complimentary pieces and some more size. I also think they need to be a bit more uptempo. Sure, it's more of a half court game in the playoffs, but when you have Wade and James you need to also get out and run as much as possible. They'll be consistently a top team in the east for years to come, and they CAN win multiple championships, but that's what time is for...to tell the story.

chitown815
04-04-2011, 07:11 PM
They will get 1, can you imagine if James never gets 1

Storch
04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Didnt he say Lakers weren't going to win last year and he was embarassed? :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 07:46 PM
he must have been reading Stebo's posts.......

Geargo Wallace
04-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Of course they CAN.

With that said - who cares what ppl think?

godolphins
04-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I also don't think we can win it this year but if we win the east(Whick I don't think is likely) and face the Lakers in the finals than I would say yes

godolphins
04-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Of course they CAN.

With that said - who cares what ppl think?
Than why click on the thread :laugh2:

Jonathan2323
04-04-2011, 07:54 PM
If they get by Boston then I see them winning this year.

Would love to see the Lakers in the finals.

Tony_Starks
04-04-2011, 07:54 PM
I think they may get one eventually when the Lakers finally step aside but I don't think it will be multiple. If the Magic keeps working on their roster I can see Dwight getting a couple. They're really only a couple moves away and it looks like Dwight is still getting better...... Plus the Bulls are going to be a problem for a while.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 07:55 PM
isn't this the consensus opinion of rational fans btw????????

Yes, they will have a tough time this year winning it. But is there anyone who thinks they won't get the equation right in the next year or two, and win a few?

Geargo Wallace
04-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Than why click on the thread :laugh2:

When MJ says Kobe is better than LeBron do you take that seriously?

Bruno
04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
It'd be shocking if the Heat couldn't win a title by 2015. It's just a matter of time, and how many.

marlinsfan24
04-04-2011, 08:06 PM
It'd be shocking if the Heat couldn't win a title by 2015. It's just a matter of time, and how many.

:clap:

JUMPMANxAIRS
04-04-2011, 08:08 PM
wow i thought it was reffering to the orlando magic. wow i feel stupid. everyone take a moment to laugh at my stupidity. its ok dont be shy

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 08:11 PM
wow i thought it was reffering to the orlando magic. wow i feel stupid. everyone take a moment to laugh at my stupidity. its ok dont be shy

haha, cmon man. Everyone makes mistakes. No worries

allSUAVE
04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Magic dont know what the hell he's talking about sometimes

NewSoxDynasty
04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
When MJ says Kobe is better than LeBron do you take that seriously?

I do.

Also, to get back on topic here... I think the Heat have an excellent chance at winning championship and possibly a few, but I think it's far from guaranteed that they will be able to do so. Teams like Chicago and Oklahoma City are young and poised to get better.

The Bulls have a seriously underrated supporting cast around Derrick Rose. Luol Deng should have been an all-star and Noah would have been if his injury didn't throw his season off track. Boozer is also an all-star, and they have a deep bench. No one plays defense like they do and when they get a star shooting guard, look out.

Oklahoma City has Westbrook, Durant, and Perkins to build around and all three will likely continue to improve. Like the Bulls, they also play solid defense and have a solid team around those guys.

The Heat will always be competitive, but they may never have as complete a team as Chicago or Boston, which is why I say it's "possible" they win multiple championships, but I am not going to concede even one title to them at this point, even with the talent of the big three, because other talented teams with talented cores have a ton of depth and room to build. Time will tell.

Personally, I tend to agree with ESPN.com's future power rankings.

Tony_Starks
04-04-2011, 08:24 PM
If Boston hadn't of got rid of Perk I still think they would've stood in Miami's way for a few more years but its starting to look like that was a colossal blunder!

Cubs Win
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM

So you see Boston or Miami getting the one seed? Which one?

Otherwise they would most likely have to get past the Bulls (a team they are 0-3 against this year) in the ECF.

Wade>You
04-04-2011, 08:27 PM
If the Heat win it this year, all hell will break loose and there will never be an NBA again.

I miss the good ol days when the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, and Spurs accounted for 75% of all NBA championships. :sigh:

Crackadalic
04-04-2011, 08:28 PM
If Boston hadn't of got rid of Perk I still think they would've stood in Miami's way for a few more years but its starting to look like that was a colossal blunder!

Your Bria Myles sig was way better then that other chick. She was kinda meh:D

Tony_Starks
04-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Your Bria Myles sig was way better then that other chick. She was kinda meh:D

She was cool I was just hypnotized by the cheeks! She looks way better in real life though shes a dancer out here......

redsox0717
04-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Who cares? Is his opinion supposed to be the final word or something just because he was a great player?

ElMarroAfamado
04-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Heat fans are so cute. And delusional. Just look at the responses and optimism haha it is soo funny. With that said, Magic Johnson is an idiot. He says so many outlandish things that I dont think anyone takes him serious. I see the Heat winning 1 title (if that) probably until the year 2016 sometime. But I give them 3 years of not winning it before Heat fans start realizing what we have all seen Lebron James has been for so long.....

ElMarroAfamado
04-04-2011, 10:35 PM
2015? haha 1 or 2 titles would be a failure when you compare it to the 9 Lebrick said they were going to win. But I see them winning 1....Maybe

amos1er
04-04-2011, 10:47 PM

Of course you would because you know how badly David Stern cheats for Lebron every time he plays the Lakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rl4-7YtXo

justinnum1
04-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Of course you would because you know how badly David Stern cheats for Lebron every time he plays the Lakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rl4-7YtXo

Because kobe never gets any calls
:rolleyes: