PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony player of the week.

metsfanssince05
04-04-2011, 05:58 PM
thenyknicks NBA New York Knicks
RT @nba: *@thenyknicks' Carmelo Anthony (34.3ppg, 8.3rpg) named NBA Player of the Week.

He's been playing great since he's been traded here. He is busting his *** on defense, rebounding and scoring. If he can contue this he will deff bring New York back to the top of the league next year.

Great way to start your career off in NY. :clap:

I'll be waiting for the "Knicks forum"..

Gators123
04-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Knicks forum

nickdymez
04-04-2011, 06:00 PM
He deserves it....

metsfanssince05
04-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Knicks forum
YESSS!! I was right. :cool:

nycericanguy
04-04-2011, 06:04 PM
thenyknicks NBA New York Knicks
RT @nba: *@thenyknicks' Carmelo Anthony (34.3ppg, 8.3rpg) named NBA Player of the Week.

He's been playing great since he's been traded here. He is busting his *** on defense, rebounding and scoring. If he can contue this he will deff bring New York back to the top of the league next year.

Great way to start your career off in NY. :clap:

I'll be waiting for the "Knicks forum"..

I'm a Knick fan and I wouldn't go that far. NY SEEMS to have turned the corner and Melo had a great week leading them to 3-0.

But he has not played great since the trade, NY & Melo both struggled for a couple of weeks.

metsfanssince05
04-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm a Knick fan and I wouldn't go that far. NY SEEMS to have turned the corner and Melo had a great week leading them to 3-0.

But he has not played great since the trade, NY & Melo both struggled for a couple of weeks.
I mean he started off struggling, missing alot of shots. But he picked it up playing defense and hitting his shots.

nickdymez
04-04-2011, 06:10 PM
People have to remember that this isnt a video game. Of course theres gonna be some growing pains in the beginning. I still think the Knicks are the most dangerous team in the playoffs

allSUAVE
04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
People have to remember that this isnt a video game. Of course theres gonna be some growing pains in the beginning. I still think the Knicks are the most dangerous team in the playoffs

your the realest fan on this site man. for real.

Evolution23
04-04-2011, 06:33 PM
well yea if you average 35 + points in 3 straight games you might be a superstar

thekmp211
04-04-2011, 08:02 PM
he has been great the past few games. once he and amare develop a chemistry, it'll get scary. still need a center, big time.

justinnum1
04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Is that his first of the season?

Chacarron
04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
He is Carmelo. It was only a matter of time before he got adjusted to this new offense.

blahblahyoutoo
04-04-2011, 08:10 PM
well yea if you average 35 + points in 3 straight games you might be a superstar

yes, he's an elite scorer but lets look at the full picture.

he did it against charlotte, NJ (not exactly def powerhouses), and needed OT against orlando.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 08:13 PM
no, this belongs in the NBA forum, he was East player of the week. Great job by Melo recently, I hope the best for him.

Swashcuff
04-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Congrats to him he has really been playing well lately.

IMO Carmelo is not a top 10 player in the league right now (sorry to raise this again but this is not the issue) but when he is motivated (big games or games against the likes of LeBron and KD, when he is facing tonnes of criticism etc) he is one of the most unstoppable forces in all of basketball.

To me Carmelo Anthony is the classic example of a player who plays his best basketball when he thinks he has something to prove, when he has to justify why he should be considered one of the best.

This is not the first time in his career he has played this well, and it certainly won't be the last.

I'd just like to see him stay motivated during the entire course of an NBA season (eg. Derrick Rose this season) and see what he can really accomplish with his ability, size and athleticism.

jimm120
04-04-2011, 08:27 PM

Everyone struggled,b ut I think that Melo struggled less to begin.

It took him 23 shots to score 27 points....that is how his first few games were. But that isn't as bad as that the team took long to adjust...err, I mean D'antoni took to adjust (and he still hasn't).

I DO feel he's been playing great. Its just not been "player of the week" elite until the past 1 1/2 weeks.

wizardman34
04-04-2011, 08:35 PM
"IMO Carmelo is not a top 10 player in the league right now (sorry to raise this again but this is not the issue)"

you have to be just joking abut Carmelo not be a top 10 player in the NBA currently please name 10 players who are better than him, i can tell you now if you say KD you must smoke b/c all he does is score to and he doesn't show a post game consistently. There is one true SF better than Carmelo and that LBJ other than that there isn't one so how doesn't he rank in the top 10. Please add your list.

John Walls Era
04-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Amar'e Stoudemire's feelings must be mended as Carmelo Anthony takes over as Knicks'

Swashcuff
04-04-2011, 08:39 PM
"IMO Carmelo is not a top 10 player in the league right now (sorry to raise this again but this is not the issue)"

you have to be just joking abut Carmelo not be a top 10 player in the NBA currently please name 10 players who are better than him, i can tell you now if you say KD you must smoke b/c all he does is score to and he doesn't show a post game consistently. There is one true SF better than Carmelo and that LBJ other than that there isn't one so how doesn't he rank in the top 10. Please add your list.

Bro look

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606094
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17307304&postcount=448

read and feel free to post but I am not going to have this argument all over again.

Oh and FYI as you can see by the poll tally and post most of PSD hold my view on it.

I shall no longer make any comments on this point in this thread.

RC3
04-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Amar'e Stoudemire's feelings must be mended as Carmelo Anthony takes over as Knicks'

I don't know where thats coming from. Amare and carmelo are friends so there should not be any conflcit. Nobody talks about lebron or wade like that.

Lake_Show2416
04-04-2011, 08:49 PM
cool...

goose15
04-04-2011, 09:00 PM
:cheers::win::hi5:

THE GIPPER
04-04-2011, 09:10 PM
your the realest fan on this site man. for real.

So because he said something good about the knicks he's a realist? Not trying to start an argument or anything just saying.