PDA

View Full Version : Booby Gibson; "Battling Demons"

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 02:39 AM
I pull for the Cavs and I've been following their season to this point. I hope everything is okay with Gibson. Here's a link to the full story: Off-Court Issues? Cleveland Cavaliers’ Gibson; “Battling Demons” (http://phillyhoopstalk.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/off-court-issues-cleveland-cavaliers-gibson-battling-demons/)

The Cleveland Cavaliers' season to this point has been an unfortunate fiasco. They lost LeBron James and his talents to South Beach, and they've lost 61 games so far this season. More than likely, the losing is not over for Cleveland.

To add to the Cavalier's misfortunes thus far, sharp-shooter, Daniel "Booby" Gibson seems to be battling some off-the-court issues.

I'd like to add that my prayers are out to him and I hope that everything works out for the best, but some would have to wonder; could this in any way be affecting his on-court performance? In the last 5 games, Gibson is averaging only 8 points a game, while shooting 38.9-percent from the field.

Again, this is all speculation, but in a recent Twitter-spree, Gibson let out his emotions through tweets, in somewhat of a concerning way. Gibson, known as @BooBysWorld1 on Twitter, tweeted:

"Live with the Pain & Keep trying.. Or reach the End knowing you never gave anything a chance! #NoSurrender"

"When I was alone and had Nothing. I asked for a friend to help me bear the pain no one came Except.........God #PrayedUp"

"Tweeps I'm getting Baptized April 17th! Never got to as a youngster. I've been battling a lot of Demons from my past. Holding me back."

"A Big myth is that money solves everything. U see the money & think u missing something.. It's about way more! Ppl with money got problems 2."

"The only problems money solves.. Is Money problems.#WheelsDown."

Master Mind
04-04-2011, 02:41 AM
:shrug:

sunsfan88
04-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Sounds like he cant take the losing atmosphere in Cleveland.

Rego247
04-04-2011, 02:52 AM
whatever it is i hope he pulls through.

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Sounds like he cant take the losing atmosphere in Cleveland.

That's what I was thinking, but you never know. There could be something else off the court. My twitter inbox was getting slammed with depressed booby updates... those were just a few.

DreamShake
04-04-2011, 03:03 AM
Doesn't really sound too concerning to me. More likely than not it's something small like relationship problems, and this is coming from a guy who is bipolar and suffers from depression, so don't say I'm making light of it.

Epicfailure
04-04-2011, 03:04 AM
I hope everything is ok. I've always liked him as a player, and he's always been very loyal to the city of Cleveland. I hope whatever it is that's bringing him down gets sorted out and he is able to clear his head!

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Doesn't really sound too concerning to me. More likely than not it's something small like relationship problems, and this is coming from a guy who is bipolar and suffers from depression, so don't say I'm making light of it.

My best friend growing up was bipolar and suffered from depression. He got mixed up with the wrong people and the wrong habits and I haven't seen him since. Even something as small as a relationship problem can definitely derail your in-game performance.

DreamShake
04-04-2011, 03:12 AM
My best friend growing up was bipolar and suffered from depression. He got mixed up with the wrong people and the wrong habits and I haven't seen him since. Even something as small as a relationship problem can definitely derail your in-game performance.

Yeah, wasn't denying that it could derail in-game performance because it could, and yeah it can get pretty bad, that's why I take my meds :)

Punk
04-04-2011, 03:17 AM
The first tweet seemed like his relationship with Keyshia Cole. I hope it's not anything money related.

I'm a fan of his game. I hope everything is okay.

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 03:23 AM
Yeah, wasn't denying that it could derail in-game performance because it could, and yeah it can get pretty bad, that's why I take my meds :)

Yeah, man. Stay healthy.

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 03:24 AM
The first tweet seemed like his relationship with Keyshia Cole. I hope it's not anything money related.

I'm a fan of his game. I hope everything is okay.

Yeah, I am too. He's a good guy. I didn't know he went out with Cole lol damn..

Ovratd1up
04-04-2011, 03:26 AM
God Bless this dude, if only more could learn from people like this

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 03:34 AM
god bless this dude, if only more could learn from people like this

x2

Crackadalic
04-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Man i became a fan we he help the cavs win a game against detroit in rout to the finals. Hope this guy pulls through

MOST
04-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Hope he prevails

Savage Sunday
04-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Boobie just turned 25 so hes probably going through that stage where you have to "grow up" and look at the people around you, mainly friends & family. He probably doesn't like what he sees around him in regards to his inner circle in terms of those "personal demons". I know that happened with several people who had to change their inner circle because they were weighing them down.

I guess its good & bad we know about whats going on in his life. The "Social Networking Generation" allows us to see athletes in a different light and get to know them much more as people rather than guys who pop up in a jersey every other night and play basketball like they're video game characters.

Hope he gets everything in order. Dont wish ill on any player except Danny Granger.

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Boobie just turned 25 so hes probably going through that stage where you have to "grow up" and look at the people around you, mainly friends & family. He probably doesn't like what he sees around him in regards to his inner circle in terms of those "personal demons". I know that happened with several people who had to change their inner circle because they were weighing them down.

I guess its good & bad we know about whats going on in his life. The "Social Networking Generation" allows us to see athletes in a different light and get to know them much more as people rather than guys who pop up in a jersey every other night and play basketball like they're video game characters.

Hope he gets everything in order. Dont wish ill on any player except Danny Granger.

Yeah, you never wish a player ill. You may joke about it every once and a while out of frustration, but once something like this happens, it puts everything into perspective.

Arch Stanton
04-04-2011, 09:58 AM

Are you saying that you're bi-polar or Boobie? If you're talking about Boobie, he's not bi-polar. Delonte was the bi-polar player on the Cavs.

Geargo Wallace
04-04-2011, 09:59 AM

Double_R
04-04-2011, 10:34 AM
He should off himself or stop posting gay tweets

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Are you saying that you're bi-polar or Boobie? If you're talking about Boobie, he's not bi-polar. Delonte was the bi-polar player on the Cavs.

I think he was talking about himself, but you're right. Delonte was.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
could be an attempt for attention.

either way, he needs to keep his head up and enjoy HIS DREAM JOB.

jeter4president
04-04-2011, 02:26 PM
He should off himself or stop posting gay tweets

get a life, bro.

Double_R
04-04-2011, 02:47 PM
get a life, bro.

Relax, people are so serious. He's not gonna read this so I think we will be ok. I think it's funny that people take every tweet so serious.

MrfadeawayJB
04-04-2011, 03:01 PM
I would be depressed in Cleveland too

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Relax, people are so serious. He's not gonna read this so I think we will be ok. I think it's funny that people take every tweet so serious.

You have to realize that the journalism age is evolving with the advance in social media. Anything you (an athlete) says, whether it's on TV, the radio, Facebook or Twitter will be used. How can you not take any form of depression seriously? He says he's battling demons. Last time I checked, that's not good. So, my point is, in this age there's really no difference between him saying that on Twitter or a live interview. I just hope he's alright.

Tony_Starks
04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Prime example of why smoking drinking and tweeting don't mix! Come on son!!

thekmp211
04-04-2011, 04:12 PM

why granger?

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
why granger?

Thats what I was wondering. I thought he was a good guy.

RowanJournalist
04-05-2011, 01:19 AM
could be an attempt for attention.

either way, he needs to keep his head up and enjoy HIS DREAM JOB.

Exactly. Apparently money cant buy happiness, but I would think playing a kids game for piles of cash would cheer you up, right?