PDA

View Full Version : What is Marc Gasol Worth?

SluggeR
04-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Gasol is a free gent this Summer, but it doesn't seem he is playing like it. Most guys ball-out during a contract year, ut it almost seems as if he's doing just the opposite. Even with him having a "lack-luster" season (to me), he is still a talented big and will get paid for being such. What is Marc Gasol's worth?

LA_Raiders
04-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Around $8-$10M/Yr

shep33
04-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Around $8-$10M/Yr

agree

kingbrentg
04-04-2011, 01:32 AM
$7-$8M for me (based on this year only).

Potential to do better without ZBo next to him and past success will drive that up a bit. Probably end up closer to $10M.

gotoHcarolina52
04-04-2011, 01:37 AM
In terms of sign-and-trade value, if Pau was worth Kwame +, Marc is probably worth no more than Eddy Curry and box of Dunkin Donuts munchkins.

DasBoot
04-04-2011, 01:39 AM
The better question is : Who's getting the bigger contract this summer? Him or Chandler?

Ovratd1up
04-04-2011, 01:41 AM
$10+, he's young, and one of few talented scoring centers in the league, he's just playing behind Z-Bo and on a team with Gay and Mayo.

FuriousJatt
04-04-2011, 01:47 AM
hes a good center but lot of potential,but hes stuck on a team that does not meximize his talents or provide him with enough scoring opportunities. but hes worth about 10mills for sure.

SluggeR
04-04-2011, 01:56 AM
I agree, I don't think the grizz maximize his skills. I wanna see if he steps his game up in the playoffs, especially with Rudy Gay being out for the season.

Evolution23
04-04-2011, 01:57 AM
idk if hes that good. I think hes good but im not too sure. I think they Knicks want him so hopefully he turns out to be something special.

heyman321
04-04-2011, 02:05 AM
I hope the Raptors trade Bargnani or Ed Davis for him, so one of them can actually move to PF instead of playing undersized center.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Worth:6-7 mil

What will he get:close to 10 mil

Khalifa21
04-04-2011, 02:46 AM
I would absolutely love him on the Knicks.

I think he'll probabaly be offered a contract along the lines of 5 years, $45m.. Which I think he deserves.

He's a 7'1, 265lbs, 25 year old center that can give you 13/8 with 2 blocks, shoot 55% from the field and anchor your defense.. A rare commodity in the NBA.

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm not going to throw a $-number out there, but look at it this way. Big men are valued more and more each year. He's young, he's very talented, and obviously he's big. The money depends on how much a team values him. Team-to-team, that varies, so it all depends on where he ends up landing, if not back in Memphis.

ChiSox219
04-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Tricky question because we'll likely see the salary structure change dramatically. He gets no less than 10million his first year if we're talking current CBA, and something like 5yrs/70m.

DreamShake
04-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Under the current CBA he'll get like 10-11 million a year, but he's worth about 6-8 mill/year.

Kevj77
04-04-2011, 04:12 AM
He will be a restricted free agent right? Will the griz match if someone significantly overpays for him?

I agree that he is worth 8-10 mil. Almost any quality big gets paid at least that much. Big men always get overpaid because size is hard to come by.

Hellcrooner
04-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Gasol is a free gent this Summer, but it doesn't seem he is playing like it. Most guys ball-out during a contract year, ut it almost seems as if he's doing just the opposite. Even with him having a "lack-luster" season (to me), he is still a talented big and will get paid for being such. What is Marc Gasol's worth?

Mayo and Randolph are playing for a contract too you know?

whenever they get the ball you never see it again.

Hellcrooner
04-04-2011, 04:27 AM
btw on teh proper team being used as a top 3 scoring option during 35 minutes each game he can EASILY put up 16 and 10.

Raptors should be putting there the most money they can so Memphis does nto match the offer.

Purple&Gold24
04-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Seeing as the NBA doesnt have many great centers anymore I'd say 11mil a year

ombada
04-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Hes one of the guys i hope the pacers are 'eyeing' this offseason with all their available cap space. If they did sign him, i hope they would move him to PF. Imagine him next to hibbert... our bigs would be solid for the future

JasonJohnHorn
04-04-2011, 07:41 AM
I cant believe you would even try to put a value on a human life.

Human life is priceless!

jezzyman05
04-04-2011, 08:10 AM

Human life is priceless!

just answer the question :facepalm:

pebloemer
04-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Because of the lack of talented bigs in the league, his worth is higher than many think it should be. There is more demand than supply. Based on the big men contracts dished out last off-season, he is worth more than 10 million in the current CBA. But under a new CBA it could look very different.

Hellcrooner
04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
BTW i wouldnt be surprised AT ALL if Marc decided to end his Nba experience and come back to europe.

I mean.

he KNOWS he can be much more important and have much a better career than grizzlies are offering him using him as waterboy of a bunch of ballhogs.

then , memphis has the means to MATCH any offer so, its 99% likely that if he wants to go on with his nba career it will ahve to be in memphis.

He may feel he is wasting his time.

add that a new cba could mean his salary coudl be 8 million dollar BEFORE TAXES wich means in reality he would be earning 4 million dollars a year.

here at home some team in greece, russia or maybe even barcelona will offer him a contract around 4 million EUROS a year ( 6 million dollars more or less) AFTER TAXES

so eh could very well decide that is not worht being stuck in a team that is misusing him , being downplayed to a role player for years and far away from home.

DOnt be surprised if this summer you hear something like this from Marc or his agent:

1 I WANT OUT

2 IF MEMPHIS MATCHES X teams OFFER im going to europe!!!!

3 I want a sign and trade to x teams

4 if zach randolph is resigned i want out

5 Im going to europe , bye bye.

The Jokemaker
04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
He'll probably get around 9-10 million. He's not leaving Memphis. He has a good offensive game but lot of scoring options on that team so he doesn't always get a lot of points. Once Randolph is gone I could see him becoming a 20-10 guy.

knickerbockerny
04-04-2011, 11:27 AM
8-10 mil!!

MrfadeawayJB
04-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Mayo and Randolph are playing for a contract too you know?

whenever they get the ball you never see it again.

You obviously never watch Grizz basketball becuase if you did, you would realize marc passes up 5-7 shots every game. He is unselfish which is good, but sometimes too unselfish.

Your eurpean bias is very annoying and at times ignorant. OJ comes off the bench and rarely plays with Marc, and Z-BO has been passing out of double teams all year long.

Sync
04-04-2011, 12:43 PM
8 Mill a year.

allSUAVE
04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
alot ,because we could use him right now. desperately

Chronz
04-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Crooner doesn't want to place any of marcs struggles on marc, nothing new here

jrm2054
04-04-2011, 01:04 PM
8-10 mill

MrfadeawayJB
04-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Crooner doesn't want to place any of marcs struggles on marc, nothing new here

Yeah Crooner would love a team consisting of all european players lol

calderon
fernandez
nocioni
gasol
gasol

theheatles
04-04-2011, 01:26 PM
5yr $45 million

lkingratedr
04-04-2011, 01:44 PM
honestly i want to give him vets minimum to play for my team that way we can stay under cap and still get another free agent lol but in all reality i say somewhere between 7-11 million per year depending on the new cba agreement and i doubt he stays in memphis after the contract they gave gay and now they have to resign z-bo plus others i doubt marc gets the paper he wants or deserves

Lake_Show2416
04-04-2011, 01:51 PM

calderon
Navarro
fernandez
gasol
gasol

fixed.... Team Spain

gotoHcarolina52
04-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Human life is priceless!

False. With that post, the market value of your life just went down 40%. Congratulations, you're on sale!

Tarheels23
04-04-2011, 01:58 PM
mid level exception, if there is a such thing in the next CBA

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Tricky question because we'll likely see the salary structure change dramatically. He gets no less than 10million his first year if we're talking current CBA, and something like 5yrs/70m.

agree with this completely.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 02:01 PM
I find it hilarious that anyone here thinks in today's NBA, a 25 year old legit starting center who stays healthy gets under $12 million a year with his numbers.

Look at the salaries around the NBA guys, for that kind of player

Tarheels23
04-04-2011, 02:01 PM
BTW i wouldnt be surprised AT ALL if Marc decided to end his Nba experience and come back to europe.

I mean.

he KNOWS he can be much more important and have much a better career than grizzlies are offering him using him as waterboy of a bunch of ballhogs.

then , memphis has the means to MATCH any offer so, its 99% likely that if he wants to go on with his nba career it will ahve to be in memphis.

He may feel he is wasting his time.

add that a new cba could mean his salary coudl be 8 million dollar BEFORE TAXES wich means in reality he would be earning 4 million dollars a year.

here at home some team in greece, russia or maybe even barcelona will offer him a contract around 4 million EUROS a year ( 6 million dollars more or less) AFTER TAXES

so eh could very well decide that is not worht being stuck in a team that is misusing him , being downplayed to a role player for years and far away from home.

DOnt be surprised if this summer you hear something like this from Marc or his agent:

1 I WANT OUT

2 IF MEMPHIS MATCHES X teams OFFER im going to europe!!!!

3 I want a sign and trade to x teams

4 if zach randolph is resigned i want out

5 Im going to europe , bye bye.

If M Gasol went back to Europe, not 1 person would care. And what has Marc Gasol done in his career to make these demands? Memphis would laugh at him. He has no leverage in this situation.

jezzyman05
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
False. With that post, the market value of your life just went down 40%. Congratulations, you're on sale!

I would make it 70% and even that's a reach

jezzyman05
04-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I find it hilarious that anyone here thinks in today's NBA, a 25 year old legit starting center who stays healthy gets under $12 million a year with his numbers.

Look at the salaries around the NBA guys, for that kind of player

ya I say 13-15 million per year

Hellcrooner
04-04-2011, 02:28 PM

calderon
fernandez
nocioni
gasol
gasol

Make it team Spain.

RUBIO ( wolves rights) Navarro(ex Grizz) , CLAVER (portland rights),Pau, Marc

bench Calderon,LLUL ( houston rights) Rudy Fernandez, Ibaka ( playing for spain this summer, he just got his paspport) , F VAZQUEZ ( Orlandos rights)

Mirotic ( gonna be dradfted this or next summer) and Garabajosa ( ex raps)

thats an Nba team...... and probably a Playoff team in the east.

Hellcrooner
04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
If M Gasol went back to Europe, not 1 person would care. And what has Marc Gasol done in his career to make these demands? Memphis would laugh at him. He has no leverage in this situation.

he has the leverage of threating memphis to lose him for nothing.
talented 7 footers dont grow on threes, haivng ot resign z bo and mayo after maxing gay they WONT have any money to get a Center in fa.

do they start Haddadi?

The Jokemaker
04-04-2011, 04:06 PM
honestly i want to give him vets minimum to play for my team that way we can stay under cap and still get another free agent lol but in all reality i say somewhere between 7-11 million per year depending on the new cba agreement and i doubt he stays in memphis after the contract they gave gay and now they have to resign z-bo plus others i doubt marc gets the paper he wants or deserves

Memphis won't sign Randolph over Gasol. Mayo is still under contract for next season and might get traded this offseason. However if they do keep him and resign him that'd give the Grizz a core of Conley, Mayo, Gay, and Gasol.

yangx620
04-04-2011, 04:17 PM
not saying im a homer, but he is worth the same amount as kendrick perkins...he is a good big man and can give you 10-15 points a game and 8-10 rebounds a game...you know how many good or even quality big men out there? to nba coaches and owners, big men are worth the risk

danniboi168
04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
i think the knicks should try to pay him.

NYKalltheway
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
If Eddy Curry earned $14m, I don't wanna give a figure for M.Gasol

LA_Raiders
04-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I can see Gasol playing for Minny or NY

lilojmayo
04-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Memphis won't sign Randolph over Gasol. Mayo is still under contract for next season and might get traded this offseason. However if they do keep him and resign him that'd give the Grizz a core of Conley, Mayo, Gay, and Gasol.

It will be interesting to see what the Grizz FO end up doing

Tarheels23
04-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Make it team Spain.

RUBIO ( wolves rights) Navarro(ex Grizz) , CLAVER (portland rights),Pau, Marc

bench Calderon,LLUL ( houston rights) Rudy Fernandez, Ibaka ( playing for spain this summer, he just got his paspport) , F VAZQUEZ ( Orlandos rights)

Mirotic ( gonna be dradfted this or next summer) and Garabajosa ( ex raps)

thats an Nba team...... and probably a Playoff team in the east.

Softest team in NBA history right there lol

Tarheels23
04-05-2011, 11:09 AM
he has the leverage of threating memphis to lose him for nothing.
talented 7 footers dont grow on threes, haivng ot resign z bo and mayo after maxing gay they WONT have any money to get a Center in fa.

do they start Haddadi?

Memphis traded Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown, Crittenton, and Marc Gasol's rights.... I dont think they are too woried about getting a return on their investment.