PDA

View Full Version : 76ers and Grizzlies future...

valade16
04-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Both these are promising young teams that are in the playoffs this year.

Can either of these teams make the jump past lower seed team with their current rosters, or are more pieces needed and if so, what do they need to do?

SeoulBeatz
04-04-2011, 01:21 AM
My Sixers will need to somehow get a defensive minded C and then I think we'd be set. Certainly not contenders, but that would fill a huge gap and at least allow us to maybe make it to the second round next season. Baby steps.

I believe we have the 3rd youngest roster in the league.... Jrue Holiday (20) is still the 2nd youngest player in the NBA behind only John Wall and Turner (22), Thaddeus Young (22), Brackins (22), Meeks (23), Speights (23), Lou Will (24), and Iguodala (27) makes for a pretty bright future. We just need a friggin shot blocker because our post defense is nonexistent.

We rely on our athleticism, defense, and chemistry. It's nice for sixers basketball to be fun and exciting to watch again..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDO-XnscYIE

goblazers7
04-04-2011, 01:38 AM
Griz need a guy like andre miller at point that can lead the team into the postseason like how he did with the sixers 2 years ago. Conley and xavier henry/tony allen off the bench.

Philly needs to trade evan turner. Hes bad. Trade him and Hawes for Roy Hibbert maybe.

Holiday/Williams
Iggy/Meeks
Young/Nocioni
Brand/Speights
Hibbert/Speights

Thats nice.

what54!?
04-04-2011, 01:43 AM
The sixers have a hell of of a team but they still need a legit star player and their not gonna make that next step and a C. But like seoulbeat said baby steps. From what I've seen from holiday he could be that player or they better hope Turners has a hell of an off-season and comes on strong his 2nd year

PHX2daDEATH
04-04-2011, 02:21 AM
I would def' take the Grizz in the first round against Dallas or San Antonio if Gay were playing... I think they need to stick with this Core..Allen has been stellar for them in Gay's absence tho.. i like that they tried to get a first n mcroberts for Mayo..they need to seek out a similiar deal in the offseason..

the sixers need Dwight Howard to contend in the east...they got a good solid core..but need a superstar..

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Griz need a guy like andre miller at point that can lead the team into the postseason like how he did with the sixers 2 years ago. Conley and xavier henry/tony allen off the bench.

Philly needs to trade evan turner. Hes bad. Trade him and Hawes for Roy Hibbert maybe.

Holiday/Williams
Iggy/Meeks
Young/Nocioni
Brand/Speights
Hibbert/Speights

Thats nice.

We need to stop judging Turner so early. He wasn't the AP player of the year by mistake. He's got skills; he's just gotta get his head straight and quit being so apprehensive all the time. I would like Hibbert, though. :P

I think our bench will be key if we do steal a series and advance a round. We have the highest scoring bench in the NBA. We defend and we'll run with any team.

DamnGoat
04-04-2011, 02:31 AM
I don't know if the Grizz will ever be anything more than a good, solid Playoff team out West. They're sorta like the Atlanta Hawks in that they have a fair amount of talent, but no true Superstar and they're locked into a payroll with very little wiggle room.

IMO the Sixers have the brighter future b/c of their youth and in a couple years who knows where Boston & Orlando will be in the East, so they could very easily sneak into that top 4 if those teams regress (due to age or losing players).

sunsfan88
04-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Memphis needs to make the jump fast because their best player is already 30.

If Gay can develop into a top 10 NBA player, then maybe they have a chance even after Randolph starts declining.

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 03:02 AM
I don't know if the Grizz will ever be anything more than a good, solid Playoff team out West. They're sorta like the Atlanta Hawks in that they have a fair amount of talent, but no true Superstar and they're locked into a payroll with very little wiggle room.

IMO the Sixers have the brighter future b/c of their youth and in a couple years who knows where Boston & Orlando will be in the East, so they could very easily sneak into that top 4 if those teams regress (due to age or losing players).

I totally agree.

lilojmayo
04-04-2011, 03:48 AM
I would def' take the Grizz in the first round against Dallas or San Antonio if Gay were playing... I think they need to stick with this Core..Allen has been stellar for them in Gay's absence tho.. i like that they tried to get a first n mcroberts for Mayo..they need to seek out a similiar deal in the offseason..

the sixers need Dwight Howard to contend in the east...they got a good solid core..but need a superstar..

That was a Pau Gasol II trade in the making. Grizzlies lucked out with that deal not going through especially with Rudy Gay going down btw which they have been 15-7 since then with one of the hardest schedules during that stretch.

not only did they get 20 points from Mayo off the bench last game, let's disregard that he is shooting 68% from the 3pt the last 7 games on a team that has no 3pt shooters. They also ended up signing Powe who has been stellar and is better than McRoberts.

That trade no going through right now is the difference between the Grizzlies making the playoffs and not. And I believe almost every Grizz fan that has been watching the games agree with that notion said.

That being said, I do agree the Grizzlies will trade OJ, especially now that they will get value out of him with his coming out party in the playoffs where they will be giving him big minutes to try to complete the upset over a Western power.

lilojmayo
04-04-2011, 03:49 AM

Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo are superstar potentials. You allow them to shotjack 20FGAs like most and they will be already producing superstar numbers.

Again Grizz fan can attest to these two players can flat out take over games in stretches basket after basket after basket. Not to mention they can create their own shot whenever they want.

ellesmeire
04-04-2011, 03:53 AM
they will never be anything more than mid-tier playoff teams w/o a legit superstar, 76ers are just solid, same with grizz, grizz especially need a big-time PG to lead the show, also 76ers could get really good all depending on how they upgrade C and if turner shows up

bootsy
04-04-2011, 10:32 AM

Holiday/Williams
Iggy/Meeks
Young/Nocioni
Brand/Speights
Hibbert/Speights

Thats nice.

You are way off. Way off.:facepalm:

Swashcuff
04-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo are superstar potentials. You allow them to shotjack 20FGAs like most and they will be already producing superstar numbers.

Again Grizz fan can attest to these two players can flat out take over games in stretches basket after basket after basket. Not to mention they can create their own shot whenever they want.

Superstar numbers?

Amar'e has superstar "numbers" but he isn't considered one.

There is much more to being a superstar basketballer than just producing numbers, you have to be a game-changer, a legit number one.

What you said about those two players being able to do I can name you at least 30 other players (a couple on the 76ers who have done it quite a lot this season) who can do just that when they are hot. Hit shot after shot and when they are not miss shot after shot after shot, which is the case with both Gay and Mayo.

Rudy Gay is what he is. He doesn't have much room to improve into a superstar from where he's at now. He'll always be a 2nd tier or lower SF.

OJ Mayo NEEDS to get his head right and start committing to D. I am not going to write off his superstar potential just yet but he's got a tonne of maturing to do. Of the top 7 picks of the 2008 draft OJ is the only player who's production has fallen, it has fallen so much to the point that it his 3rd season was the worst of them all. I am certain he'll bounce back down the road and right this ship but I honestly think that his days as a member of the Grizzlies may be on their last legs.

Swashcuff
04-04-2011, 10:37 AM

Holiday/Williams
Iggy/Meeks
Young/Nocioni
Brand/Speights
Hibbert/Speights

Thats nice.

I really think you need to watch the player a bit more before coming to such a conclusion bro.

Sure his numbers are horrible, but that doesn't tell the entire story.

PhillyFaninLA
04-04-2011, 10:48 AM
My Sixers will need to somehow get a defensive minded C and then I think we'd be set. Certainly not contenders, but that would fill a huge gap and at least allow us to maybe make it to the second round next season. Baby steps.

I believe we have the 3rd youngest roster in the league.... Jrue Holiday (20) is still the 2nd youngest player in the NBA behind only John Wall and Turner (22), Thaddeus Young (22), Brackins (22), Meeks (23), Speights (23), Lou Will (24), and Iguodala (27) makes for a pretty bright future. We just need a friggin shot blocker because our post defense is nonexistent.

We rely on our athleticism, defense, and chemistry. It's nice for sixers basketball to be fun and exciting to watch again..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDO-XnscYIE

How'd you feel about bringing back Sammy D. this off season as a free agent. Him and Hawes both playing situational basketball might address this.

PhillyFaninLA
04-04-2011, 10:50 AM

Holiday/Williams
Iggy/Meeks
Young/Nocioni
Brand/Speights
Hibbert/Speights

Thats nice.

Never judge a player after 1 year. Never judge a player who in college did nothing but get better and better each year. Turner will be a good player in 2 or 3 years.

The Jokemaker
04-04-2011, 10:58 AM
First, Memphis has its future PG, Mike Conley. He has turned a corner this season and playing very well. And he's signed longterm so PG is filled. SG could use improvement so maybe they can improve there by trading Mayo or keeping him and letting him develop. Tony Allen has been superb and should definitely be kept. Gay has potential to be a star but I don't think he'll ever reach superstar status. Still, he's the franchise player and will be the face of this franchise for years. Randolph will likely be gone after this season so a Mayo for promising PF could happen. Gasol has to be signed longterm and with Randolph gone I could really see his offensive game develop and him turn into a 20 and 10 guy.

The future with Memphis is if they can keep getting solid high quality guys in the lineup and really build a great system. This team likely won't get a superstar anytime soon but if they can play very well as a team, execute their system to perfection they can make some noise a la the pistons of the mid 00s. They can definitely maintain their success though as the core are all young players entering their primes.

bootsy
04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Never judge a player after 1 year. Never judge a player who in college did nothing but get better and better each year. Turner will be a good player in 2 or 3 years.

You would think he would learn from the player in his avatar that you can't judge a player in their rookie season. Aldridge average 9 pts/5 rebs per game in 22 min. and then jumped to 18pts/7.5 rebs his next year. Turner averages 7pts/4 rebs/3 assists per game in 22.5 min. If Turner continues that trend then he can be labeled as a bust but let's wait and see.

SirDJ
04-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Sixers need a center. Post defense is horrible.. mabe some1 like Javale McGee?

Turner also needs to step up which i fully think can happen.. remember guys, he didnt fully jump into absolute stardom until roughly his junior year, so now he just needs time to adjust to the next level. And hes got a hell of a coach to make it happen

jeter4president
04-04-2011, 11:30 AM
if the sixers drafted someone along the lines of jujuan johnson from purdue id feel pretty good about them.

Tarheels23
04-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Sixers are in great shape as long as 1) they get a defensive Center and 2) Collins stays for a few years.

Grizz are in trouble. Randolph is gone after this year. I also think that OJ Mayo will be dumped for next to nothing sooner rather than later. Can you really build a team around Gay and M Gasol? Maybe, maybe not

todu82
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Philly needs a centre as others have said. Still think they're a great team in the making.

gilly
04-04-2011, 11:53 AM
The Sixers have the best two characteristics a team needs to build a 'great' team; defense and youth.

Lindystud36
04-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Griz are in great shape.
They should/ will resign Mayo
Draft Brandon Knight
Get Conley's boy in Greg Oden to play center, possibly sign and trade with Zach Randolph and prospects

Oden at the 5 with Gasol at the 4 would resemble the Lakers
PG: Conely -- Fisher
SG: Knight <<< Kobe
SF: Rudy -- Artest
PF: Gasol << Gasol
C: Oden << Bynum

But the lakers are the best team in the NBA, this mold has the potential to be top 3 in the west
6thman: Mayo
7th Man: Powe

Swashcuff
04-04-2011, 12:12 PM
How'd you feel about bringing back Sammy D. this off season as a free agent. Him and Hawes both playing situational basketball might address this.

Sammy D's style of play on D is certainly useful for our team, but his mentality is not. He cancels out everything good he does. He'd grab you 15 rebounds and have 6 blocks in a game but attempt 3 straight 17 foot bricks. I am not too confident of how well he will mesh with Collins in all honesty. Aside from his plus shot blocking he really isn't that valuable of D. He isn't a good individual or help defender.

The two Cs we could look at this off season in a low risk high reward capacity are Greg Oden (would in all likeliness have to be in a trade) and Kwame Brown (he shouldn't be too expensive and has gotten better and better on D all season for the Cats).

If not Nazr Mohammed and Kurt Thomas could be looked at in a back up facility. Marc Gasol, Deandre Jordan, Tyson Chandler and Nene will be out of our price range. Sammy D is a little to erratic to take a chance on given the fact that our chemistry has been so great.

Westbrook36
04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
If the 76ers made a move for a post defensive center in the off-season and then if Evan Turner becomes that 20-5-5 type player that everyone thought he could become when he was drafted, then they could easily be in championship contention. They need two things right now, Defensive Center and a Superstar.

Not everything rides on Evan Turner, but a championship type team does.

MrfadeawayJB
04-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Grizz to do list:

1) resign Z-Bo and Marc
2) trade OJ for a pick and young talent
3) Sign another backup defensive minded big
4) Sign a 3pt shooter
5) veteran pg to come off the bench

Conley/Vasquez/vet pg
Henry/Young/ 3pt shooter
Gay/Allen/young talent (from OJ trade)
Randolph/Arthur/Powe
Gasol/Haddadi/defensive minded c

Swashcuff
04-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Grizz to do list:

1) resign Z-Bo and Marc
2) trade OJ for a pick and young talent
3) Sign another backup defensive minded big
4) Sign a 3pt shooter
5) veteran pg to come off the bench

Conley/Vasquez/vet pg
Henry/Young/ 3pt shooter
Gay/Allen/young talent (from OJ trade)
Randolph/Arthur/Powe
Gasol/Haddadi/defensive minded c

Will you guys have enough money to do all that?

Don't forget Powe is a FA in the off-season.

valade16
04-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Griz are in great shape.
They should/ will resign Mayo
Draft Brandon Knight
Get Conley's boy in Greg Oden to play center, possibly sign and trade with Zach Randolph and prospects

Oden at the 5 with Gasol at the 4 would resemble the Lakers
PG: Conely -- Fisher
SG: Knight <<< Kobe
SF: Rudy -- Artest
PF: Gasol << Gasol
C: Oden << Bynum

7th Man: Powe

Speaking as a Blazers fan, they will never trade nor sign ZBo again... He burned his prodges in Portland.

The Jokemaker
04-04-2011, 12:46 PM

Resigning Randolph depends on how much he is looking for. Otherwise I think management will spend the cash to lockup Gasol longterm. Current payroll projections for next season are 37.475 million so they'll have some room.

jeter4president
04-04-2011, 12:57 PM
If the 76ers made a move for a post defensive center in the off-season and then if Evan Turner becomes that 20-5-5 type player that everyone thought he could become when he was drafted, then they could easily be in championship contention. They need two things right now, Defensive Center and a Superstar.

Not everything rides on Evan Turner, but a championship type team does.

which essentially is everything haha. after watching him, i do think he has it in him, but im not sure this team is run for anyone to get 20 points. best case scenario you have a couple guys average 15+. that could all change, but its how i see doug collins running them at this point.

MrfadeawayJB
04-04-2011, 01:05 PM

Sure i think it is financially feasible...

Marc = 8-10 mil a year
z-bo= hopefully goes down on his price but around 15-20 a year
OJ= 7 mil off books next year if we trade him

So if z-bo makes what he made on his current contract, then give marc his 3 mil he currently makes plus oj's 7 mil. = 10 mil a year

If we can sign Battier cheap that would be nice, he wants to be here.

Shooters can be found for cheap, just look at Gary Neal from D-league to spurs

not to mention some players can fit multiple roles, for example if we got a backup pg who can shoot,,,etc.

All this doesnt matter until we see the CBA

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I think both teams have a very bright future. The Grizz can be a legit top four team in the Western Conference if everyone reaches full potential and if they can work out the OJ Mayo situation. The 76ers will probably be fighting for the Atlantic Division every year. I can see them being like the Hawks of this year and the past couple of years.

nycericanguy
04-04-2011, 05:26 PM
The 76er's have been a nice story this year, but I think people are really starting to overrate them. They have played over their heads and they are still only hovering around .500. If they want to really compete they will need to replace Brand as he has 2 years left on his deal and at 32 is not exactly a guy you want as part of a rebuilding team. They will also need a legitimate center, which can be said of alot of teams, but they are not easy to find.

lilojmayo
04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Superstar numbers?

Amar'e has superstar "numbers" but he isn't considered one.

There is much more to being a superstar basketballer than just producing numbers, you have to be a game-changer, a legit number one.

What you said about those two players being able to do I can name you at least 30 other players (a couple on the 76ers who have done it quite a lot this season) who can do just that when they are hot. Hit shot after shot and when they are not miss shot after shot after shot, which is the case with both Gay and Mayo.

Rudy Gay is what he is. He doesn't have much room to improve into a superstar from where he's at now. He'll always be a 2nd tier or lower SF.

OJ Mayo NEEDS to get his head right and start committing to D. I am not going to write off his superstar potential just yet but he's got a tonne of maturing to do. Of the top 7 picks of the 2008 draft OJ is the only player who's production has fallen, it has fallen so much to the point that it his 3rd season was the worst of them all. I am certain he'll bounce back down the road and right this ship but I honestly think that his days as a member of the Grizzlies may be on their last legs.

I would like to say I agree with you that OJ's days as the Grizz are numbered and most Grizz fans would say the same.

Rudy Gay-

He is already a top 5 SF, only 24 years of age. Have you seen his ability and athletism it has potential superstar written all over it. Not to mention he is very clutch. In the beginning of the season when Zach was injured Rudy was averaging 23/8/3. He is the franchisse player of the Grizzlies and got paid that way.

OJ Mayo-

One word for him playoffs. These playoffs are going to be his coming out party. Especially if they end up playing the Lakers and playing the Lakers tough. People will see just how skilled he is, and won't judge by his current precidament and stats for the Grizzlies. There is a reason why scouting reports all say " big time talent". In terms of defense OJ has already stepped it up defensively and again almost all Grizz fans will agree. He has been a product of the " Tony Allen Effect". Players see him playing defense the way he does then everyone wants to play defense that way.

h2r09
04-05-2011, 04:47 PM
no offense, but solid all around teams dont do anythng in the nba., it is a star driven league and neither has a legitimate #1 option on a championship team.

The Jokemaker
04-05-2011, 05:19 PM
no offense, but solid all around teams dont do anythng in the nba., it is a star driven league and neither has a legitimate #1 option on a championship team.

You should watch film from the 2004 Finals. Pistons didn't have that legit #1 option and still won a championship and nearly won a second.

Swashcuff
04-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Rudy Gay-

He is already a top 5 SF, only 24 years of age. Have you seen his ability and athletism it has potential superstar written all over it. Not to mention he is very clutch. In the beginning of the season when Zach was injured Rudy was averaging 23/8/3. He is the franchisse player of the Grizzlies and got paid that way.

If Rudy is top 5 then where is Paul Pierce, Gerald Wallace, Danny Granger and Luol Deng?

Pierce should be at #4 right.

So then that means there is a fight for the 5th place.

Wallace, Granger, Andre Iguodala and Deng are all + defensive players with Deng and Wallace being all D team quality. Rudy not so much. He is a below average defensive player.

You said Rudy is clutch I'd say he is average in the clutch and have the numbers to support my claim.

While Granger has shown to be a chucker at times and has some pretty bad percentages this season a case could be made that he is still better than Rudy due to the fact that he actually plays good D.

Rudy is a good scorer I wouldn't discount him in that regard but a top 5 SF... well that depends on who you ask. If you ask someone who values his scoring ability (while not spectacular is good) more so that they value overall value and impact they'd certainly say Rudy. I think he's fantastic but I won't put him at top 5 just yet.

Yes he is 24 and this season before going down he has shown great improvements in his overall game but how much more can he improve? How much better can he get? Can he reach Carmelo's tier or is he going to be stuck in the Granger, Deng etc region. I really don't see him improving that much from here on out unless he commits himself more and develop himself on D.

OJ Mayo-

One word for him playoffs. These playoffs are going to be his coming out party. Especially if they end up playing the Lakers and playing the Lakers tough. People will see just how skilled he is, and won't judge by his current precidament and stats for the Grizzlies. There is a reason why scouting reports all say " big time talent". In terms of defense OJ has already stepped it up defensively and again almost all Grizz fans will agree. He has been a product of the " Tony Allen Effect". Players see him playing defense the way he does then everyone wants to play defense that way.

All of this busting out talk is pure speculation. He has never played a playoff game in his life. He could crash and burn on the big stage who really knows.

rhino17
04-05-2011, 06:08 PM
niether will be more than a fringe playoff team, maybe philly more than a fringe playoff team just because the east sucks, but never a really good team

The Jokemaker
04-05-2011, 06:27 PM
If Rudy is top 5 then where is Paul Pierce, Gerald Wallace, Danny Granger and Luol Deng?

Pierce should be at #4 right.

So then that means there is a fight for the 5th place.

Wallace, Granger, Andre Iguodala and Deng are all + defensive players with Deng and Wallace being all D team quality. Rudy not so much. He is a below average defensive player.

You said Rudy is clutch I'd say he is average in the clutch and have the numbers to support my claim.

While Granger has shown to be a chucker at times and has some pretty bad percentages this season a case could be made that he is still better than Rudy due to the fact that he actually plays good D.

Rudy is a good scorer I wouldn't discount him in that regard but a top 5 SF... well that depends on who you ask. If you ask someone who values his scoring ability (while not spectacular is good) more so that they value overall value and impact they'd certainly say Rudy. I think he's fantastic but I won't put him at top 5 just yet.

Yes he is 24 and this season before going down he has shown great improvements in his overall game but how much more can he improve? How much better can he get? Can he reach Carmelo's tier or is he going to be stuck in the Granger, Deng etc region. I really don't see him improving that much from here on out unless he commits himself more and develop himself on D.

Gay is better than Deng. He had improved this season on his defense and was having career highs in blocks, steals, and rebounds not to mention FG and 3 %. To say he can no longer improve is incorrect as he was improving this very season before his injury. I'd say he's better than Granger as well. Wallace is "better" on defense but not as good on offense so they're roughly the same. Gay is for sure a top 5 SF and if he played in Chicago or something people would be all over him.

bootsy
04-05-2011, 08:35 PM
niether will be more than a fringe playoff team, maybe philly more than a fringe playoff team just because the east sucks, but never a really good team

Yes the east sucks so much that they keep having different teams in the Finals every year while the West has one team. :rolleyes:

RowanJournalist
04-05-2011, 08:47 PM
You should watch film from the 2004 Finals. Pistons didn't have that legit #1 option and still won a championship and nearly won a second.

Exactly. Some are too young to remember I guess.

rhino17
04-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes the east sucks so much that they keep having different teams in the Finals every year while the West has one team. :rolleyes:

Does that mean anything?

Swashcuff
04-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Gay is better than Deng. He had improved this season on his defense and was having career highs in blocks, steals, and rebounds not to mention FG and 3 %. To say he can no longer improve is incorrect as he was improving this very season before his injury. I'd say he's better than Granger as well. Wallace is "better" on defense but not as good on offense so they're roughly the same. Gay is for sure a top 5 SF and if he played in Chicago or something people would be all over him.

You more or less made the same points I made in my post about his improvements.

Do you really think Rudy is THAT good offensively to elevate himself to being a top tier SF?

Again you say he is for sure that Gay is a top 5 SF. My question is, is Rudy Gay's offense good enough to make up for his lapses on the on the defensive end that other players such as Wallace, Deng, Iguodala and Granger bring to the table?

I think that depends on who you ask. I personally don't think he's better than Granger (Gay has certainly outperformed him this season on offense) nor Wallace. And a strong case could be made for Deng (who aint to shaby offensively) and Iguodala (who is arguably the most well rounded SF in the game after LeBron and a top candidate for DPOY)

THE MTL
04-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Grizzlies have a STRONG 7 players on paper. And even 2 more decent players after that.

Conley
Allen/Mayo
Battier/Gay/Young
Randolph/Arthur
Gasol

I think they would make the leap if they possessed a "TRUE" franchise player

The Jokemaker
04-05-2011, 09:33 PM
You more or less made the same points I made in my post about his improvements.

Do you really think Rudy is THAT good offensively to elevate himself to being a top tier SF?

Again you say he is for sure that Gay is a top 5 SF. My question is, is Rudy Gay's offense good enough to make up for his lapses on the on the defensive end that other players such as Wallace, Deng, Iguodala and Granger bring to the table?

I think that depends on who you ask. I personally don't think he's better than Granger (Gay has certainly outperformed him this season on offense) nor Wallace. And a strong case could be made for Deng (who aint to shaby offensively) and Iguodala (who is arguably the most well rounded SF in the game after LeBron and a top candidate for DPOY)

I do yes. I think he has the talent to elevate himself to another level. I don't think he'll ever be on the level of Lebron or Kobe but he can be a star player and arguably already is. Honestly we could argue until we are both blue in the face if he's top 5 or not but ultimately it's extremely difficult to rank players that close to each other. My personal opinion is yes but all those guys are good players.

h2r09
04-05-2011, 09:40 PM

you should watch film from every other finals and see that that team is a clear outlier. superstars win in the nba. i dont see a ben wallace, rasheed, billups, rip, and prince anywhere near the grizzlies and 6ers so dont compare the 2

Swashcuff
04-05-2011, 09:43 PM
I do yes. I think he has the talent to elevate himself to another level. I don't think he'll ever be on the level of Lebron or Kobe but he can be a star player and arguably already is. Honestly we could argue until we are both blue in the face if he's top 5 or not but ultimately it's extremely difficult to rank players that close to each other. My personal opinion is yes but all those guys are good players.

Can't fault your opinion and own personal belief. You know Rudy way better than I do I only see him 10 times at the very most for the season, so I shall not challenge your word.

The Jokemaker
04-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Can't fault your opinion and own personal belief. You know Rudy way better than I do I only see him 10 times at the very most for the season, so I shall not challenge your word.

I couldn't fault yours either, you make valid points.