PDA

View Full Version : The contradiction that is the T-wolves.

valade16
04-04-2011, 12:20 AM
So everyone's reason for why Kevin Love puts up great numbers on a 17 win team is that the rest of the team is terrible. But then the same people talk about how bright the future is in Minny...

Is Rubio and whoever they draft with their first pick (in what is widely considered a weak class) really gonna make that big a difference or do people expect the current wolves plays to all improve dramatically (make no mistake it would be dramatically if they went from supposed "suck" to good).

Doesn't this seems like a contradiction?

AI4MVP
04-04-2011, 12:24 AM
So everyone's reason for why Kevin Love puts up great numbers on a 17 win team is that the rest of the team is terrible. But then the same people talk about how bright the future is in Minny...

Is Rubio and whoever they draft with their first pick (in what is widely considered a weak class) really gonna make that big a difference or do people expect the current wolves plays to all improve dramatically (make no mistake it would be dramatically if they went from supposed "suck" to good).

yes.

hgtiger32
04-04-2011, 12:27 AM
If Love was THAT good, he would've lead his team to more than 17 wins

John Walls Era
04-04-2011, 12:28 AM
So how many more years are the wolves giving Rubio? They cant wait for him forever.

PurpleJesus
04-04-2011, 12:29 AM
here come the flamers...

and who is adridge? i see you think he is the best non AS ever, but i've never heard of him. Personally, I think Carlas Buzer is the best non AS ever.

John Walls Era
04-04-2011, 12:29 AM

Exactly. I know everyone loves him and he is doing great statistically, but I haven't seen much from him.

valade16
04-04-2011, 12:30 AM
yes.

I assume your speaking specifically about Rubio since he's in your sig?:eyebrow:

I'm not going to mock your opinion however because from what I saw of him in the international games he's pretty good with insane court vision, but the best players in the league only have at most 20 win shares so they'd still be out of the playoffs unless sulinger or whoever they draft beasts as well...

poleandreel
04-04-2011, 12:35 AM
rubio
flynn
ridnour
beasley
johnson
webster
love
darko
randolph
this years pick

could be a really good team. No superstar but similar to the nuggets.

valade16
04-04-2011, 12:35 AM
here come the flamers...

and who is adridge? i see you think he is the best non AS ever, but i've never heard of him. Personally, I think Carlas Buzer is the best non AS ever.

Thanks for letting me know about my typo. My only suggestion would be to be more polite. I thought Jesus was supposed to be nice and kind, even purple ones.

PurpleJesus
04-04-2011, 12:36 AM
^^^your welcome, don't know how that isnt being polite though

valade16
04-04-2011, 12:39 AM
^^^your welcome, don't know how that isnt being polite though

Since it's PSD I'm always expecting sarcasm or attacks :D

My apologies, after re-reading, I see your point.

SeoulBeatz
04-04-2011, 12:39 AM

Well they have a boatload of a young Talent. If Rubio ever comes to Minny they have some pieces to trade. Problem is minny has trouble landing big F.A's so their team will have to be home grown.

Who knows, it's a hard roster to judge because they don't seem to gel well.

PurpleJesus
04-04-2011, 12:40 AM
rubio
flynn
ridnour
beasley
johnson
webster
love
darko
randolph
this years pick

a lot of nice pieces, but this team keeps getting younger...they need to start packaging some of these pieces together to get some veteran leadership...the only veteran presence on this team is Ridnour, who projects as a backup once Rubio gets his feet wet.

the projected starting lineup does not have much experience at all, or much experience of success in the NBA
Rubio - rookie
wesley - second year
Beasley - 4th year
Love - 4th year
Darko - sucks

John Walls Era
04-04-2011, 12:40 AM
rubio
flynn
ridnour
beasley
johnson
webster
love
darko
randolph
this years pick

Those guys are nothing special.

xbrackattackx
04-04-2011, 12:42 AM
rubio
flynn
ridnour
beasley
johnson
webster
love
darko
randolph
this years pick

I like the wolves and all but the nuggets have coach Karl. That's a difference maker.

AddiX
04-04-2011, 12:47 AM

I've been saying this all year, and I also been saying Rubio won't go there, and if he does he will be the biggest foreign bust in NBA history.

They also should of kept sessions and traded Flynn first chance they got.

Crackadalic
04-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Im actually curious to see who the wolves draft if they get a top pick. If they get irving what do they do with rubio and flynn? If they draft williams what do they do with Beasley? Their both tweeners. Wesley is already playing out of position at the 2

CavsYanksDuke
04-04-2011, 12:52 AM
I'll lol @ the T'Wolves forever if they pass on Kyrie Irving and stick with Rubio. Can't wait for them to do it. Every time I think the T'Wolves won't make a dumber decision, they do. I like them though. :)

PurpleJesus
04-04-2011, 12:57 AM
I've been saying this all year, and I also been saying Rubio won't go there, and if he does he will be the biggest foreign bust in NBA history.

They also should of kept sessions and traded Flynn first chance they got.

man, two years ago, NY fans were all over the wolves because they wanted rubio so bad...now as time has passed, it is becoming more and more clear Rubio will play for the wolves, and not the Knicks...so what do a lot of these fans do? Come up with the thought that if you can't have him, claim he sucks.

Im actually curious to see who the wolves draft if they get a top pick. If they get irving what do they do with rubio and flynn? If they draft williams what do they do with Beasley? Their both tweeners. Wesley is already playing out of position at the 2

yeah, it should be interesting. I mean, if they land the #1 pick...then I think its obvious you have to take Williams, even though you have Beasely, and then, if they land a top 3 pick, and Barnes and Williams are gone, then its clear you have to take Irving, as he would be the best option available by far...even though you have flynn, rubio, and ridnour. Also, Wes really isnt playing out of position...he is getting used to the #2 spot, but it fits him better in the NBA than the #3.

PurpleJesus
04-04-2011, 12:58 AM
I'll lol @ the T'Wolves forever if they pass on Kyrie Irving and stick with Rubio. Can't wait for them to do it. Every time I think the T'Wolves won't make a dumber decision, they do. I like them though. :)

oh man, I can understand real teams fans making fun of the wolves...but cavs fans? cmon man...your management is a much bigger joke...you guys had the best player in the league, and surrounded him with awesome players like mom banger and antawn jamison.

THE GIPPER
04-04-2011, 01:00 AM
I dont get all the rubio hype. He averages 6.5ppg and 3.5apg in the euro league but he's supposed to come to the nba and dominate????

5ass
04-04-2011, 01:01 AM
well IMO any1 who expects the t-wolves to be contenders next season is stupid. the t-wolves have a very nice team. if rubio comes next season and then they draft a good center and johnson continues to develop, it will take them atleast 3-4 seasons before they are going to be considered contenders, but thats what it takes to build a team. and anyway theyre still a very young team

droalex
04-04-2011, 01:03 AM
They need a new coach.

PurpleJesus
I dont get all the rubio hype. He averages 6.5ppg and 3.5apg in the euro league but he's supposed to come to the nba and dominate????

no...he's not supposed to dominate...he's supposed to be a promising rookie.

Also, just look up some euro stats...they can be very misleading when comparing them to the NBA. For example, check out Brandon Jennings Euro stats, then compare them to what he got his rookie year in a better league.

acehole
Its nice to see a thread talking about a team other than knicks/bulls/heat

Minny has a ton of young nice players, but with that roster, they arent going to win anytime soon. Their best bet is to trade some of those young players to bring some good vets in. Or try to hit the jackpot and score another KG.

AddiX
04-04-2011, 01:04 AM
man, two years ago, NY fans were all over the wolves because they wanted rubio so bad...now as time has passed, it is becoming more and more clear Rubio will play for the wolves, and not the Knicks...so what do a lot of these fans do? Come up with the thought that if you can't have him, claim he sucks.

yeah, it should be interesting. I mean, if they land the #1 pick...then I think its obvious you have to take Williams, even though you have Beasely, and then, if they land a top 3 pick, and Barnes and Williams are gone, then its clear you have to take Irving, as he would be the best option available by far...even though you have flynn, rubio, and ridnour. Also, Wes really isnt playing out of position...he is getting used to the #2 spot, but it fits him better in the NBA than the #3.

I never wanted him and for 2 years have said Rubio will be a scrub, and until I see him officially say he's coming to mn and is on a plane I still don't believe he will be there anytime soon.

Some knick fans would still love him though. Than again, some knick fans legitimately thought David lee was as good as amare, so don't bunch me in with all those morons.

Crackadalic
04-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Jennings numbers were even worse in europe. Look how he turn out and they award you a assist differently in europe. I don't think anybody is saying he is gonna dominate but its hard to find pass first pg's his age who field of vision is up their with kidd and nash. Obviously no where as good but you get the point

THE GIPPER
04-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Jennings numbers were even worse in europe. Look how he turn out and they award you a assist differently in europe. I don't think anybody is saying he is gonna dominate but its hard to find pass first pg's his age who field of vision is up their with kidd and nash. Obviously no where as good but you get the point

Ok i didnt realize that thanks

Ty Fast
04-04-2011, 01:10 AM
rubio
flynn
ridnour
beasley
johnson
webster
love
darko
randolph
this years pick

denver has a great coach though

abe_froman
04-04-2011, 01:16 AM
they have talent.thats not their problem.they need defense,coordination(they hardly place as a cohesive unit),someone in the locker room needs to step up and be a leader,and try turning that place into a winning culture

CavsYanksDuke
04-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Cleveland thought they could lure free agents with LeBron as their poster child. However, they didn't count on him quitting on the city.

PHX2daDEATH
04-04-2011, 01:20 AM
3 guys averaging double figures and one of those guys is Luke Ridnour. im suprised they have 17 wins and not 10...They need a new coach for sure. they SHOULD try to draft irving and dump Rubio elsewhere. Let Flynn go, Keep Randolph and Johnson and hope they grow into their potential..Im not sold on Beas' for them tho' if they can swing him for a good shooting guard like Ellis they'd be better off..

John Walls Era
04-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Am I missing something here? What talent? Theres some potential, but the only keepers: Love, Darko, Wesley Johnson and maybe Randolph (Rubio too if he ever decides he wants to play in Minni).

NokomisLiving
04-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Am I missing something here? What talent? Theres some potential, but the only keepers: Love, Darko, Wesley Johnson and maybe Randolph (Rubio too if he ever decides he wants to play in Minni).

Need a much bigger upgrade here, I would take Darko off that keepers list.:mad:

what54!?
04-04-2011, 01:49 AM
They just need the #1 pick....badly....and yeah draft Irving and see what you can get for rubio

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 02:42 AM
*******, are we still pretending Rubio is the next Steve Nash?!?

The guy is averaging 6pts, 3.5 assists, and 4 rebounds in the Euroleague.

AI4MVP
04-04-2011, 02:46 AM

the guy made ur boy rose look like a 4 year old girl when they played in the world champs

sunsfan88
04-04-2011, 02:50 AM

How good were the Grizzlies with Gasol?

I guess Gasol isnt that good either.

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 02:54 AM
the guy made ur boy rose look like a 4 year old girl when they played in the world champs

Who won that tournament again?

John Walls Era
04-04-2011, 02:56 AM
How good were the Grizzlies with Gasol?

I guess Gasol isnt that good either.

He led them to the playoffs a few times. Im not blaming Love completely, but the wolves record has been terrible the last few years.

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 03:00 AM

May I also remind you Rose hit a pair of free throws after shaking Rubio to win that game. Rubio had a chance to tie but was blocked.

Punk
04-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Goes to show how uninformed and ******** PSD has gotten in a short time. The Wolves only lose games due to inexperience. They would have about 20 extra wins if they closed out teams after the 3rd.

Love is a superstar in the making. He's leading by example. Fact is they are still a young team.

They challenge the Lakers in a dogfight but get blown out by lesser teams. They simply are inconsistent. Which is a sign of a young team figuring out how to win in the NBA.

Why is their future bright? Love (franchise player), Randolph (showing his potential), Johnson, Beasley, Pekovic, Tolliver is solid role player, etc. They need to add a PG and a new coach.

Here is a contradiction for you: How is it PSD says the Clippers future is bright while Blake Griffin is so good. Now, everyone believes if Love was good his team would have more wins? Wouldn't that apply to Wall and Griffin too?

sunsfan88
04-04-2011, 03:22 AM
He led them to the playoffs a few times. Im not blaming Love completely, but the wolves record has been terrible the last few years.

Yea but man you have to understand, if a team only has 1 big time player and that big time player is a PF, its very hard to find success.

KG, Gasol, Bosh, Barkley all won a combined 0 championship rings when they were the only good player on their team.

And if I'm right Memphis didnt make playoffs in Gasol's first few seasons. Just give him time and I think Minnesota will do better with Love than Memphis does with Gasol.

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Tim Duncan?

Crackadalic
04-04-2011, 03:52 AM

Wow i just posted as to why Euro stats is different compare to the nba. Jennings stats was trash. Look at him now. Pau's stats was average. Look at him now. Manu stats was ***. Look at him. Im not defending if rubio will be a bust or not but please dont say stupid stuff like this if you have no clue what your talking about. Assist is awarded differently in Europe. If D-rose is getting 8 assist a game in the nba he would probably get close to 4 because its different in europe.

But hey what do i know. Your opinion is better then my facts

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 04:04 AM
Don't take it so personally man. I wasn't just talking about his assist numbers. If you've seen him play this season he hasn't been remarkable at all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6106227

There are a lot more articles covering his offensive woes this seasons.

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 04:10 AM
And Rubio is 12th in the league in assists.

JCSchwa
04-04-2011, 04:51 AM
oh man, I can understand real teams fans making fun of the wolves...but cavs fans? cmon man...your management is a much bigger joke...you guys had the best player in the league, and surrounded him with awesome players like mom banger and antawn jamison.

shame on you sir :no: ...i could care less about the cavs, and hated them last year but thats just a low blow.

PrettyBoyJ
04-04-2011, 07:37 AM
T-Wolves have a team that is built on role players.. A lot of the players are young so its kinda early to say but Kevin Love he's a great player good numbers but he doesnt leave his imprint in the game.. Sure he rebounds and is very versatile but compared to others I dont think he draws a lot of attention on the offensive end.. (I may be wrong, cuz I dont watch any wolves game really) but from the games Ive seen Love doesnt draw any double teams are dominate the game with his presence alone.. The rest of the cast are so-so.. Michael Beasley he's having a break out year but injury has really pushed back his potential.. I still have hope for him developing into a stud but just not the one everyone expected him to be.. 20 ppg. 6-7 rpg is all I really see.. Wesley Johnson has shown signs of what he could be and prob has a bright future as well.. But I think they need star player someone who can takeover the game, will the team to victories, taking last second shots etc.. I think once that player is in place the T-Wolves are gonna be dominate...

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 08:30 AM
yawn

MSU4life
04-04-2011, 08:33 AM

This

MSU4life
04-04-2011, 08:37 AM

This

benzni
04-04-2011, 08:54 AM
This

This

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
I think the average IQ of the NBA forum is 80. Since when do we judge the W/L based on 1 player in a TEAM sport?

There are 5 guys in the NBA which can carry a team, nobody suggested Love is one of them.

bigsams50
04-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Don't take it so personally man. I wasn't just talking about his assist numbers. If you've seen him play this season he hasn't been remarkable at all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6106227

There are a lot more articles covering his offensive woes this seasons.

The article talks about his bad jump shot, not offensive woes. The article praises his court vision

Rubio fits the mold of Jason Kidd, a floor general who is at his best in the open court. Against Roma, Rubio showed just how to dominate a game without taking a single shot.

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Can you imagine the hype this kid would have if the Knicks drafted him? lol.

ESPN: Hype big market guys and people will watch TV. If we have more viewers, our commercials will sell for higher prices and we make money. You know what, screw that K-Love guy putting up historic numbers, we'll show this Griffin guy who plays in LA, dunks, and people will tune in for. Nobody wants to see a white guy who rebounds well, even if he rebounds at a historic rate.

sep11ie
04-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Get'em Hawk.

KingPosey
04-04-2011, 12:29 PM
yes.

Rubio is absolute trash.

valade16
04-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Goes to show how uninformed and ******** PSD has gotten in a short time. The Wolves only lose games due to inexperience. They would have about 20 extra wins if they closed out teams after the 3rd.

Love is a superstar in the making. He's leading by example. Fact is they are still a young team.

Here is a contradiction for you: How is it PSD says the Clippers future is bright while Blake Griffin is so good. Now, everyone believes if Love was good his team would have more wins? Wouldn't that apply to Wall and Griffin too?

Two things

1 - people don't tell me the wolves lose because of inexperience, they tell me they lose because other than Love "they are terrible".

2 - there are degrees of suck. The Clippers have 13 more wins than the Twolves, almost double their wins man. Don't act like 30 = 17 in the degree of suck column...

I think the only contradiction here is you calling others retaded. Please refrain from insults.

mttwlsn16
04-04-2011, 12:43 PM

thank you

mttwlsn16
04-04-2011, 12:47 PM

clippers have more than blake thats why. EJ, Bledsoe, AFA, DJ, Kaman
if they stay healthy and the young kids get more expierience theyll be good
and provided DTS doesnt fvck ***** up

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 12:49 PM
He's also shooting something like 30% from the field and behind the arc.

And again, Rose dropped 13 and hit game winning freethrows after blowing past Rubio in the game Ricky apparently made him look like a 4 year old in.

I don't know about your basketball skill, but I've never been lit up and closed out by a 4 year old.

Rubio was stuffed by Durantula on his attempt to rr

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Not a single Rubio thread is made without PSD posters showing they don't understand the European game and the stats associated

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 12:54 PM
He's also shooting something like 30% from the field and behind the arc.

And again, Rose dropped 13 and hit game winning freethrows after blowing past Rubio in the game Ricky apparently made him look like a 4 year old in.

I don't know about your basketball skill, but I've never been lit up and closed out by a 4 year old.

Rubio was stuffed by Durantula on his attempt to rr

Your summing up a whole game based on two plays. That must even sound moronic to you, doesn't it?

Is a PG's game supposed to be hitting 3's or making easier shots for his teammates?

Jason Kidd hits 40% from the field including near 30% from 3. Kidd is a 10 time all star in this league.

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Ricky Rubio has hit 28 three-pointers over 116 attempts all season; that 24.13%. According to DraftExpress, his eFG% is at 36.5%.

So he's not shooting well and he's only 12th in the league I assists, but he's supposed to come to the NBA and make The Wolves contenders???

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Your summing up a whole game based on two plays. That must even sound moronic to you, doesn't it?

Is a PG's game supposed to be hitting 3's or making easier shots for his teammates?

Jason Kidd hits 40% from the field including near 30% from 3. Kidd is a 10 time all star in this league.

Almost as moronic as comparing Rubio to Rose.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Ricky Rubio has hit 28 three-pointers over 116 attempts all season; that 24.13%. According to DraftExpress, his eFG% is at 36.5%.

So he's not shooting well and he's only 12th in the league I assists, but he's supposed to come to the NBA and make The Wolves contenders???

who said anything about Rubio making the Wolves contenders in his first year or two?

And no, many of you have zero understanding of statistics in Europe. Pau was player of the year in his league with a 14/7 average a while back.

Rubio is currently a very poor shooter. But his court vision and defense will allow him to play right away in the NBA, and many have compared his game to Jason Kidd for example.

The Wolves have a bit of young talent. Love is obviously a stud. Randolph can play, but needs a lot of work upstairs. Wesley Johnson has shown major flashes, but needs to make some MAJOR improvements in his game style. He needs to get to the line a ton more, and not settle for jumpers. Pekovic will actually be a very serviceable big man after he figures out the physicality in the NBA. Beasley will turn into a capable scorer on average efficiency, but I wouldn't expect much else out of him. The players who are hopeless are Darko and Flynn. The Wolves have a very high pick this year, as well as 1st rounders sprinkled over the next couple of drafts. Plenty of money to absorb a big deal as well.

Their SRS showed they should be on par for an 8 game improvement this year. But obviously they didn't close games at all. Its not a shot in the dark to think they can win 30+ next season if they have improvements from within, and the law of averages in close games rights itself.

I am not as optimistic about this team as I was midseason, many of the players have seemed to regress, but injuries killed them this year as well. Only 5 players on the roster will have played 70 or more games this season. Flynn and Webster missed huge chunks. Milicic and Beasley missed a lot of games, Pekovic quite a few, even Love has now been bitten by injuries, etc.

They will be improved next season. How much is up to the offseason workouts, and whatever the front office can do. I will obviously hold my judgment until it settles out on how much they should improve though.

And as for the Rubio/Rose crap, did you not watch Rubio dominate Rose the second he checked in? Rose eventually found a few ways around it, and trying to point to his 13 points is ridiculous, Rubio only guarded him a few minutes, of which were spent swarming Rose. Nobody is saying he will be better than Rose, they are saying anyone who can BOTHER Rose, CP3, Kidd, etc, at age 19 or younger, will have a good chance to turn into a player in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 01:07 PM

what is it with some of you Bulls fans and Rose? You attempt to guard him like a little brother. Nobody is comparing them, only pointing out that Rubio more than held his own against this year's NBA MVP.

rhino17
04-04-2011, 01:09 PM
who said they have a bright future?

their team is filled with scrubs outside of Love and they have the worst GM in the game

mttwlsn16
04-04-2011, 01:16 PM
what is it with some of you Bulls fans and Rose? You attempt to guard him like a little brother. Nobody is comparing them, only pointing out that Rubio more than held his own against this year's NBA MVP.

rose is scary good right now though.

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm just saying, I have family in spain and they've told me Rubio is getting a lot of heat for his poor play in the media this season.

bosox3431
04-04-2011, 01:20 PM

Yes because hes the only guy on the team.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 01:21 PM
rose is scary good right now though.

that doesn't make a difference. The single point anyone was trying to make when they bring up Rubio guarding Rose is that Rubio more than held his own against one of the top players in the NBA. And he did it against Paul, Deron, and Kidd before that. Nobody outside of a few here are claming Rubio is the 2nd coming, but scouts have loved him for years, for a reason.

I will obviously hold MY judgement on how good Rubio can be until he plays in the NBA and I see him

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm just saying, I have family in spain and they've told me Rubio is getting a lot of heat for his poor play in the media this season.

he has indeed from time to time. And its for his poor shooting really. And the fact that he hasn't progressed at the rate many thought he would. But he signed with the best team over there, a stacked team, that doesn't care about developing some kid that is probably leaving at the end of the season, or 1 more best case for them

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 01:39 PM
that doesn't make a difference. The single point anyone was trying to make when they bring up Rubio guarding Rose is that Rubio more than held his own against one of the top players in the NBA. And he did it against Paul, Deron, and Kidd before that. Nobody outside of a few here are claming Rubio is the 2nd coming, but scouts have loved him for years, for a reason.

I will obviously hold MY judgement on how good Rubio can be until he plays in the NBA and I see him

Rubio's defense is good, I gave him credit for that earlier, but the biggest difference is Rubio has regressed this season whereas Rose has improved to MVP level.

I'm not saying Rubio is complete trash, but the OP was saying the Wolves have the chance to be contenders and in my opinion Rubio doesn't put them in that category.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Rubio's defense is good, I gave him credit for that earlier, but the biggest difference is Rubio has regressed this season whereas Rose has improved to MVP level.

I'm not saying Rubio is complete trash, but the OP was saying the Wolves have the chance to be contenders and in my opinion Rubio doesn't put them in that category.

Rubio won't make them contenders in 1-2 years, of course not. Contenders have multiple good players. The Wolves have 1, and a bunch of young guys who we don't know what they will be.

I would expect Rubio to struggle a bit as a rookie honestly. He will have a game here and there that will just blow you away, but then struggle the next two.

And as I said, Rubio also signed with a powerhouse team that has no desire to develop him. It would be much different with the Wolves for example, who would have shooting coach's with him all offseason/season, and help along the way.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 01:44 PM
shoot, having a PG who can defend would have given the Wolves 5-8 extra wins alone this year. Easily. Our PG's are collectively the worst defending PG's in the NBA. Flynn is embarrassing on that end

AddiX
04-04-2011, 01:56 PM
who said anything about Rubio making the Wolves contenders in his first year or two?

And no, many of you have zero understanding of statistics in Europe. Pau was player of the year in his league with a 14/7 average a while back.

Rubio is currently a very poor shooter. But his court vision and defense will allow him to play right away in the NBA, and many have compared his game to Jason Kidd for example.

The Wolves have a bit of young talent. Love is obviously a stud. Randolph can play, but needs a lot of work upstairs. Wesley Johnson has shown major flashes, but needs to make some MAJOR improvements in his game style. He needs to get to the line a ton more, and not settle for jumpers. Pekovic will actually be a very serviceable big man after he figures out the physicality in the NBA. Beasley will turn into a capable scorer on average efficiency, but I wouldn't expect much else out of him. The players who are hopeless are Darko and Flynn. The Wolves have a very high pick this year, as well as 1st rounders sprinkled over the next couple of drafts. Plenty of money to absorb a big deal as well.

Their SRS showed they should be on par for an 8 game improvement this year. But obviously they didn't close games at all. Its not a shot in the dark to think they can win 30+ next season if they have improvements from within, and the law of averages in close games rights itself.

I am not as optimistic about this team as I was midseason, many of the players have seemed to regress, but injuries killed them this year as well. Only 5 players on the roster will have played 70 or more games this season. Flynn and Webster missed huge chunks. Milicic and Beasley missed a lot of games, Pekovic quite a few, even Love has now been bitten by injuries, etc.

They will be improved next season. How much is up to the offseason workouts, and whatever the front office can do. I will obviously hold my judgment until it settles out on how much they should improve though.

And as for the Rubio/Rose crap, did you not watch Rubio dominate Rose the second he checked in? Rose eventually found a few ways around it, and trying to point to his 13 points is ridiculous, Rubio only guarded him a few minutes, of which were spent swarming Rose. Nobody is saying he will be better than Rose, they are saying anyone who can BOTHER Rose, CP3, Kidd, etc, at age 19 or younger, will have a good chance to turn into a player in the NBA.

what happened to Darko, I could of sworn I remember you saying he would be am all star player soon.

And Beasley, could of sworn you said he will lead the league in scoring.

I know you finally backed off your love for Flynn. How many times did I say he was a slightly bigger Nate Robinson, without the jumper?

As for rubios defense, until I see it in e NBA its a folk tale. Over here he is going to be asked to play 1 on 1 much more, and our worst athletes at og would be better than there best over there.

As I've said 2 million times, name me one pg in the NBA who can make it here with court vision alone, that's all Rubio brings to the table. Please stop comparing him to Kidd.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
what happened to Darko, I could of sworn I remember you saying he would be am all star player soon.

I know you finally backed off your love for Flynn. How many times did I say he was a slightly bigger Nate Robinson, without the jumper?

As for rubios defense, until I see it in e NBA its a folk tale. Over here he is going to be asked to play 1 on 1 much more, and our worst athletes at og would be better than there best over there.

As I've said 2 million times, name me one pg in the NBA who can make it here with court vision alone, that's all Rubio brings to the table. Please stop comparing him to Kidd.

when the hell did I ever say Darko would be an all star? I think I answered in a thread much earlier in the season that Darko making an all star team would theoritcally be possible at some point cause the center position sucks so bad, and he had already been brought up, but I never deemed him worthy of that title in the slightest.

Leading the league in scoring doesn't mean you are efficient.

Love for Flynn? Omg, are you serious? I have been crapping on him all year, and even last year I wasn't the biggest supporter.

I don't care about your opinions for Rubio, thought I had covered this.

I am not comparing him to Kidd. Scouts were.

Anything else?

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Are you really that insecure about your Rose? Do you really need to overreact to that extreme to make a point? Who compared Rubio to Rose? Rubio is Kidd.

What does Kidd have other than court vision? lol, seriously.

Again, do you really need to overreact to this degree to make a point? We were arguing that for 5M a year, Rubio is a great player for the Wolves. We didnt' hand him the #2 pick, we're simply handing him 5M a year. I can think of 10 centers who are worse than darko and getting paid a heck of a lot more.

AddiX
04-04-2011, 02:32 PM
when the hell did I ever say Darko would be an all star?

Leading the league in scoring doesn't mean you are efficient.

Love for Flynn? Omg, are you serious? I have been crapping on him all year, and even last year I wasn't the biggest supporter.

I don't care about your opinions for Rubio, thought I had covered this.

I am not comparing him to Kidd. Scouts were.

Anything else?

Actually you did say he would be an all star because your gm said it at the beginning of the year and you agreed.

And if you use what scouts say to back your opinion it means you also believe he is Similar to Jason Kidd Why else would you use that to back your opinion on him?

And yeah you were backing Flynn for quite awhile. The homerism was strong in you for awhile. It still is, just not as bad.:D

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Actually you did say he would be an all star because your gm said it at the beginning of the year and you agreed.

And if you use what scouts say to back your opinion it means you also believe he is Similar to Jason Kidd Why else would you use that to back your opinion on him?

And yeah you were backing Flynn for quite awhile. The homerism was strong in you for awhile. It still is, just not as bad.:D

no, I remember that thread. I never said he would be an all star. I said during a thread about it that its getting to the point at center position of "who sucks less", so why couldn't Darko qualify sometime down the road? Being an all star at center nowadays means pretty much squat was my point.

If its the wording that bothers you, I will use, "Which is why scouts, not me, compare him to Jason Kidd"

Take a gander at the Wolves board, and you will see my loathing for Flynn goes back a looooooong time.

Trust me, I understand you are a realistic fan of the Knicks, and have no problems calling your guys out, but I do as well. I am just not as negative as you are many times.

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Darko at 5M a year isn't bad at all. Had we given a #2 pick for him, I'd expect all of you to rip the Wolves on a daily basis. Do you guys realize how many centers are much worse than Darko and make more than 5M per year?

Do you guys realize how closely Rubio compares to Kidd?

They both suck at shooting, have elite court vision, and play good defense. Until those of you who look up Euro stats (how were Jennings' stats over the pond btw?) actually watch Rubio, how can you honestly knock him?

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Darko at 5M a year isn't bad at all. Had we given a #2 pick for him, I'd expect all of you to rip the Wolves on a daily basis. Do you guys realize how many centers are much worse than Darko and make more than 5M per year?

Do you guys realize how closely Rubio compares to Kidd?

They both suck at shooting, have elite court vision, and play good defense. Until those of you who look up Euro stats (how were Jennings' stats over the pond btw?) actually watch Rubio, how can you honestly knock him?

dude, its the NBA forums, the home of bashing LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, Rose, and any and every player in the NBA, or in the NBA's future....

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Like I said in an earlier post, 80.

I'm going back to the 120 of the MLB section.

MrfadeawayJB
04-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Yea but man you have to understand, if a team only has 1 big time player and that big time player is a PF, its very hard to find success.

KG, Gasol, Bosh, Barkley all won a combined 0 championship rings when they were the only good player on their team.

And if I'm right Memphis didnt make playoffs in Gasol's first few seasons. Just give him time and I think Minnesota will do better with Love than Memphis does with Gasol.

:facepalm:

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM

What's the average age of the Memphis Griz?

What's the average age of the Timberwolves?

Like sun said, give it time and lets see what happens.

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 03:31 PM
lol. I looked it up. The Griz are like .3 years older on average than the Wolves. LOL.

Tony_Starks
04-04-2011, 03:36 PM
If you still think Rubio is going to pay out of his pocket to get out of his contract and come over to a horrible team AND not be getting paid in the meantime while they wait out the lockout fiasco you are saddly, saddly mistaken.....

mttwlsn16
04-04-2011, 03:44 PM
lol. I looked it up. The Griz are like .3 years older on average than the Wolves. LOL.

:laugh:

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 03:47 PM
If you still think Rubio is going to pay out of his pocket to get out of his contract and come over to a horrible team AND not be getting paid in the meantime while they wait out the lockout fiasco you are saddly, saddly mistaken.....

totally. David Kahn did such a malicious thing not trading him to NY for a washing machine

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 03:55 PM

I dont know who you are talkin about, but not me. I think Love is solid, but I think his numbers are the product of the bad team he plays on and until he plays on a good team I will keep seeing it like that. Also, Im not high on the wolves future. I think Rubio is overrated and I dont really see the talent on the wolves for the future.

Tony_Starks
04-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Ok don't say I didn't tell you. You're really understimating the implications of the lockout and also their record.

This is based off comments from Rubio and his agent themselves btw.........

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Ok don't say I didn't tell you. You're really understimating the implications of the lockout and also their record.

This is based off comments from Rubio and his agent themselves btw.........

that portion is correct. The other is not.

And you really need to change your sig back to the girl you had prior. That chick on your sig now is gross haha

WSU Tony
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM

This is based off comments from Rubio and his agent themselves btw.... .....

How about a quote mr smarty pants?

Good luck finding one!

Punk
04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
clippers have more than blake thats why. EJ, Bledsoe, AFA, DJ, Kaman
if they stay healthy and the young kids get more expierience theyll be good
and provided DTS doesnt fvck ***** up

And your telling me Johnson, Beasley, Randolph won't be good around Love? Seriously?

yangx620
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
i think they have enough young talents, jsut need that charles oakley on their team...a leader who commands the team

yangx620
04-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I dont know who you are talkin about, but not me. I think Love is solid, but I think his numbers are the product of the bad team he plays on and until he plays on a good team I will keep seeing it like that. Also, Im not high on the wolves future. I think Rubio is overrated and I dont really see the talent on the wolves for the future.

their were so many bad teams since mose malone doube double era...how come no one else has ever done it? i stole this from some analyst

Cracka2HI!
04-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I wish I still had time to read through entire threads because I'll bet there is some good stuff in this one! Who says the T-Wolves have potential? They have nothing. They do have 1 good player but I think his #'s are more inflated then anyone in league history because of the team he plays on. I think they miss their shots so badly that rebounds just bounce everywhere and Love doesn't even have to be in good position a lot of times.

When they wasted 2 top 6 picks on PG's and then signed another one in Free Agency only to have to overpay Luke Ridinour to be the starter the next year everyone should see this is a team with no potential. They are the biggest joke in the league. I can't remember a time when even my Clippers were this big of a mess. Speaking of which I'm sure glad we got Minny's pick unprotected in 2012. Actually thank you for Sam Cassell too!

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 04:52 PM
their were so many bad teams since mose malone doube double era...how come no one else has ever done it? i stole this from some analyst

yeah, me. Been saying it for about 3 months haha

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I wish I still had time to read through entire threads because I'll bet there is some good stuff in this one! Who says the T-Wolves have potential? They have nothing. They do have 1 good player but I think his #'s are more inflated then anyone in league history because of the team he plays on. I think they miss their shots so badly that rebounds just bounce everywhere and Love doesn't even have to be in good position a lot of times.

When they wasted 2 top 6 picks on PG's and then signed another one in Free Agency only to have to overpay Luke Ridinour to be the starter the next year everyone should see this is a team with no potential. They are the biggest joke in the league. I can't remember a time when even my Clippers were this big of a mess. Speaking of which I'm sure glad we got Minny's pick unprotected in 2012. Actually thank you for Sam Cassell too!

pretty much killed your post right there...

yangx620
04-04-2011, 05:01 PM
i think they shouldnt even try playing the triangle offense, rambis should let the team play an up and down tempo like the sixers use their athleticisms...these guys are too young to learn a system like that

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
i think they shouldnt even try playing the triangle offense, rambis should let the team play an up and down tempo like the sixers use their athleticisms...these guys are too young to learn a system like that

agree with half of that. I think a coaching change is in need. We don't really run the triangle technically. But here is what I hate about Rambis:

Why does a high turnover prone team run? That makes no sense.
Why does he wait so long to call timeouts when the other team is making a run? This isn't the Lakers Kurt, where Phil looks like he may actually be dead on the sideline in the midst of a 12-3 run from the opposing team. We don't have Kobe, Gasol, etc.
Why does Rambis pull a guy when he is hot? Sticking to your rotation is fine most nights, but jesus.
Why does Rambis run the offense through Darko?
Why does Kurt have Ridnour shooting most of our attempts in one possession games down the stretch?

Add to it that Kurt is terrible at in-game adjustments, and it just adds up to the Wolves needing to examine getting a new coach imho.

yangx620
04-04-2011, 05:10 PM
agree with half of that. I think a coaching change is in need. We don't really run the triangle technically. But here is what I hate about Rambis:

Why does a high turnover prone team run? That makes no sense.
Why does he wait so long to call timeouts when the other team is making a run? This isn't the Lakers Kurt, where Phil looks like he may actually be dead on the sideline in the midst of a 12-3 run from the opposing team. We don't have Kobe, Gasol, etc.
Why does Rambis pull a guy when he is hot? Sticking to your rotation is fine most nights, but jesus.
Why does Rambis run the offense through Darko?
Why does Kurt have Ridnour shooting most of our attempts in one possession games down the stretch?

Add to it that Kurt is terrible at in-game adjustments, and it just adds up to the Wolves needing to examine getting a new coach imho.

i want doug collins!!!!!!!!!!!

yangx620
04-04-2011, 05:12 PM
and i know they will not win playoff amount of games but they will atleast be exciting and fans would want to see the team play, jsut remember the kings early days with adelman, jwill and chris webber....

i hope twovles fire rambis (good assisntant but not head coach material) and hope rockets dont bring back adelman and wolves try to convince him to sign with them...adelman is a very darn good coach

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 06:27 PM

actually a lot of guys have averaged double doubles on horrible teams. for example, Elton Brand did his rookie year on a HORRIBLE Bulls team. he might not of put up the big rebound, but he did averaged 20 and 10. now another guy that I think comes close is Al Jefferson. he averaged almost 24 points and grabbed 13 boards a game when he played for minnesota and his numbers went down quite a bit when he went to utah when he started getting healthy again and now that utah sucks since deron got traded, guess what? his numbers have been pretty damn good as of late.

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
oh also for the people that were arguing about rubio coming over and playing for minnesota, I know this is espn and they carry really no weight, but here is what sherridan said:

Troy (Minny)

What are your thoughts on Ricky Rubio? Will he be successful in the nba?
Chris Sheridan
(2:49 PM)

I do not believe he will ever go to Minnesota. And as I have written before, it behooves him to stay in Barcelona for one more year because then he will not be subject to the rookie salary scale. If and when he does come, his passing skills will be accentuated in the NBA because he'll have real athletes converting his lobs. The biggest thing he needs to do over the next two years is develop an outside shot.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37730

mttwlsn16
04-04-2011, 06:34 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

thekmp211
04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
the wolves are just lacking nba talent, period. they feature backup level players at almost every position, and there are only a few guys on the roster that look to have the potential to be more than that.

rubio would help, but they need a lot. love, and perhaps wesley johnson in the future, are the only guys on the roster that are real-deal nba starters. the cupboard is quite bare, and if kahn doesn't reveal some modicum of a plan he's going to start looking really, really bad.

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Are you really that insecure about your Rose? Do you really need to overreact to that extreme to make a point? Who compared Rubio to Rose? Rubio is Kidd.

How did I overreact at all? An earlier poster claimed Rubio made Rose look like a 4 year old in the world championships. I was called moronic for reminding him Rose finished with 13 pts including a pair of game winning FT's, which brought about my "moron" comment. I admit that that was one play, but if thats the case I could argue that was one game. Either way, I didn't bring Rose into the argument someone else did.

And Kidd was a triple double monster even in college, I don't think its fair to compair Rubio to him either.

But to answer your questions, no I'm not insecure about Rose. His MVP campaign, stats, and our record speak for themselves.

nightBULL
04-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Side note:

Hawkeye, you've done a great job of keeping your cool while the rest of us talk about your team. This forum could use more people like you.

:clap:

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Side note:

Hawkeye, you've done a great job of keeping your cool while the rest of us talk about your team. This forum could use more people like you.

:clap:

what good does losing your cool do? I have 1 infraction in over 21,000 posts. I don't lose it. What for?

Sixerlover
04-04-2011, 07:20 PM
i want doug collins!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't have him! :silly:

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 07:23 PM
actually a lot of guys have averaged double doubles on horrible teams. for example, Elton Brand did his rookie year on a HORRIBLE Bulls team. he might not of put up the big rebound, but he did averaged 20 and 10. now another guy that I think comes close is Al Jefferson. he averaged almost 24 points and grabbed 13 boards a game when he played for minnesota and his numbers went down quite a bit when he went to utah when he started getting healthy again and now that utah sucks since deron got traded, guess what? his numbers have been pretty damn good as of late.

how many players in history have gone for 20-15 on over 40% from three, and 80% from the line? Oh that's right, ZERO

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
You can't have him! :silly:

my Dad played against him in college, and can't stand him haha.

Sixerlover
04-04-2011, 07:28 PM
my Dad played against him in college, and can't stand him haha.

Wayy before my time, but Doug does seem like one of those genuinely good guys, that plays dirty on the court.

Derek Fisher style.

AddiX
04-04-2011, 07:55 PM
no, I remember that thread. I never said he would be an all star. I said during a thread about it that its getting to the point at center position of "who sucks less", so why couldn't Darko qualify sometime down the road? Being an all star at center nowadays means pretty much squat was my point.

If its the wording that bothers you, I will use, "Which is why scouts, not me, compare him to Jason Kidd"

Take a gander at the Wolves board, and you will see my loathing for Flynn goes back a looooooong time.

Trust me, I understand you are a realistic fan of the Knicks, and have no problems calling your guys out, but I do as well. I am just not as negative as you are many times.

Fair enough....

Cracka2HI!
04-04-2011, 09:13 PM
pretty much killed your post right there...

Really? Tell me a year since '95 where the Clippers we're a 17 win team, had their best player playing in Europe and refusing the play for you, wasted 2 top 6 picks on PG's and then had to overpay a solid backup to be the starter at that same position, a high lottery pick in a draft with no difference makers and no draft pick in 2 years? I will be impressed if you can!

This actually leads me to an interesting question for you! As Clipper fans we've been really fired up about this Minny pick for about 3 years now! We knew it would be a sure fire top 3 pick unless we get really unlucky. 3 years later it still is! So the question I have is, as a Clipper fan is there any other franchises unprotected #1 pick in 2012 that you would rather have?

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 09:27 PM
how many players in history have gone for 20-15 on over 40% from three, and 80% from the line? Oh that's right, ZERO

yeah and how many people averaged 24 and 13 on a losing team? oh that's right, not many. just try and explain to me how come jefferson put those numbers up on a bad team, went to a good team healthy cause we all know he wasnt healthy his last year in minny and his production dropped, but once the team sucked without williams, his numbers went through the roof again? I mean dont get me wrong, love is good, but is he really a 20 and 15 guy on a playoff team where he is the only option and his teammates really play like they do not care? I dont think so. lets let him do this for a couple seasons before we start talking about whether or not he really is this good and can put htose numbers up on a "solid" team.

DwayneMVPwade
04-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Love is a stat stuffer, not a franchaise player, not a guy you can build around. He best suited role is a 2nd to 3rd option. Reminds me of David Lee when he was in New York.

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Love is a stat stuffer, not a franchaise player, not a guy you can build around. He best suited role is a 2nd to 3rd option. Reminds me of David Lee when he was in New York.

when I think about it, me too in a sense. good comparison.

John Walls Era
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
when I think about it, me too in a sense. good comparison.

:hide: Me too. Better rebounder, but not as athletic.

D Roses Bulls
04-04-2011, 09:44 PM
:hide: Me too. Better rebounder, but not as athletic.

my thoughts exactly

PurpleJesus
04-04-2011, 09:54 PM
yup, great comparison...both are white too

PurpleJesus
04-04-2011, 09:55 PM
also...david lee is capable of stepping out and hitting the 3 consistently just like Love...David Lee also just needs to increase his offensive rebound numbers by about 50% to have what Love has...I completely see where this comparison comes from.

iliketurtles24
04-04-2011, 10:24 PM
what good does losing your cool do? I have 1 infraction in over 21,000 posts. I don't lose it. What for?

do you have the stat written down on a notepad dude, hahaha just messing with ya

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Really? Tell me a year since '95 where the Clippers we're a 17 win team, had their best player playing in Europe and refusing the play for you, wasted 2 top 6 picks on PG's and then had to overpay a solid backup to be the starter at that same position, a high lottery pick in a draft with no difference makers and no draft pick in 2 years? I will be impressed if you can!

This actually leads me to an interesting question for you! As Clipper fans we've been really fired up about this Minny pick for about 3 years now! We knew it would be a sure fire top 3 pick unless we get really unlucky. 3 years later it still is! So the question I have is, as a Clipper fan is there any other franchises unprotected #1 pick in 2012 that you would rather have?

there is no franchise as dysfunctional at the Clippers have been. Pretty easy answer. I am not saying in the slightest you didn't finally hit it with Blake, but please don't think the Clips aren't the most dysfunctional franchise in NBA history.

I will leave it up to you to prove otherwise before I spend time providing obvious evidence

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 10:31 PM
yeah and how many people averaged 24 and 13 on a losing team? oh that's right, not many. just try and explain to me how come jefferson put those numbers up on a bad team, went to a good team healthy cause we all know he wasnt healthy his last year in minny and his production dropped, but once the team sucked without williams, his numbers went through the roof again? I mean dont get me wrong, love is good, but is he really a 20 and 15 guy on a playoff team where he is the only option and his teammates really play like they do not care? I dont think so. lets let him do this for a couple seasons before we start talking about whether or not he really is this good and can put htose numbers up on a "solid" team.

how many players have gone for 20-15-40-80?

Yeah, none.

I really don't care about reading your book of an explanation regarding Love. The sooner you get that through your head, the sooner you will understand my curt responses.

ElMarroAfamado
04-04-2011, 10:40 PM
The Wolves dont have a bright future. They have a horrible future unless they cand land a superstar sometimes soon. The problem also lies in that people overrate Kevin Love and act like if he can be a cornerstone to a franchise or not when Mark Madsen 2.0 clearly cant. The guy would be a good role player on a team with 3 superstars and thats about it. As long as they think their future is Love and Beasley they are going no where. the only talented player on that team in my opinion is Luke Ridnour....they should start there and surround him with pieces..

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
The Wolves dont have a bright future. They have a horrible future unless they cand land a superstar sometimes soon. The problem also lies in that people overrate Kevin Love and act like if he can be a cornerstone to a franchise or not when Mark Madsen 2.0 clearly cant. The guy would be a good role player on a team with 3 superstars and thats about it. As long as they think their future is Love and Beasley they are going no where. the only talented player on that team in my opinion is Luke Ridnour....they should start there and surround him with pieces..

totally. Love=Madsen. good call

PurpleJesus
04-04-2011, 10:51 PM

lol...Love is Mark madsen, and LBJ is Maggete...you crack me up

topdog
04-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Point the first: Put the Wolves in the East and they would easily have 8 more wins (over half our wins are against the east) especially if they were in the Atlantic (and thus would play some pretty bad teams 4 times instead of teams like the Spurs and OKC).

Since that's not going to happen, grow up. The youngest team needs to grow up, get healthy and get an identity. Don't discount the acquisition of AR or the impact of a Rubio who has lost the hype but is no less of a player.

Change the coach. Rambis just doesn't seem like the right fit for such a young team. Get a shouter who preaches defense and sweats with the guys.

Replace Beasley. It was a worthwhile experiment but Beasley only knows how to play AU ball. Draft a Barnes, Williams, Burks, ect. and move Mr. B-Easy

topdog
04-04-2011, 11:13 PM

I don't think Love is a "best player" but please don't call him David Lee. Lee never came close to the numbers of Love. He was overhyped as witnessed by his drop-off since the trade. If Love is a "stat stuffer" he is perhaps the best in the modern era.

Any good team in today's league needs and outstanding guard. The Wolves still are waiting on him.

Slimsim
04-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Minny Should had kept lawson IDK what happen to Flynn but he's probably traded in the future. I don't know how i would have felt if the knicks drafted Gallo and he decided to play in Italy for 2 years. And i truly believe Kahn will draft Kemba with their first rounder or probably jimmer. They have Johnson who i Think will be their best player in the future

THE GIPPER
04-04-2011, 11:55 PM

Crackadalic
04-04-2011, 11:56 PM
If they get a pg like Irving i would trade Flynn for a mid 1st rounder.

Slimsim
04-04-2011, 11:57 PM
wrong thread

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 11:59 PM
If they get a pg like Irving i would trade Flynn for a mid 1st rounder.

I would trade Flynn for anything at this point. He is terrible.

Crackadalic
04-04-2011, 11:59 PM
who's that kid name Jeremy lamb is he any good he has good height

He's a good scorer. Give him another year and he could be a lottery pick next year

Cracka2HI!
04-05-2011, 05:32 PM
there is no franchise as dysfunctional at the Clippers have been. Pretty easy answer. I am not saying in the slightest you didn't finally hit it with Blake, but please don't think the Clips aren't the most dysfunctional franchise in NBA history.

I will leave it up to you to prove otherwise before I spend time providing obvious evidence

The Clippers are the most dysfunctional franchise in history. The Wolves hit it out of the park with KG, but now are the most dysfunctional franchise and worse off then the Clippers have been anytime in the last 15 years. I guess there isn't another teams pick you would rather have then your own in 2012?

Hawkeye15
04-05-2011, 05:38 PM
The Clippers are the most dysfunctional franchise in history. The Wolves hit it out of the park with KG, but now are the most dysfunctional franchise and worse off then the Clippers have been anytime in the last 15 years. I guess there isn't another teams pick you would rather have then your own in 2012?

That is basically what I was getting at.

WSU Tony
04-05-2011, 05:51 PM

I don't EVER call people out for spelling errors but this one I had to. Their/there is one thing. To/Too is another.

Then vs than is just terrible.

NokomisLiving
04-05-2011, 05:53 PM

Seriously?:confused:

WSU Tony
04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
The Wolves got lucky with KG and the Clippers were handed Blake. The Clippers had no risk or good pick involved, he was the concensus #1 pick at the time.

Ask me when the last time the Wolves have had a top 2 pick in a draft. You can't remember because it's never happened. We've been in the lottery for years and we never get "that guy" because we never win the lottery... There is only so much you can do to build a team when not a single FA wants to sign with you and you can't get a franchise player with the #3-5 pick every year.

Your team is from LA, though, you'll get top picks, don't you worry.

WSU Tony
04-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Seriously?:confused:

Right now, he's arguably the Wolves 2nd best player, lol. Look at his percentages.

NJBASEBALL22
04-05-2011, 05:54 PM

I don't buy into the hype, I think we will be watching another Sergio Rodriguez or Steven Blake types. Just a PG that handles well and passes pretty good. Btw European stats aren't the best way to judge. Mike D'Antoni is the career leader in PPG at 14. The Euro game is just so different.

NokomisLiving
04-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Right now, he's arguably the Wolves 2nd best player, lol. Look at his percentages.

Haha I know, but saying he is the only talent and we should surround him with pieces??? He is not Lebron. I would though like to have him coming off the bench, he would rock as a back up.

TomTerrific
04-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Go Wolves!!

Cracka2HI!
04-05-2011, 09:43 PM
That is basically what I was getting at.

I have no need to live in the past. We have the best young player in the game and the worst team in the league's pick in 2012! Judging by your lack of content I would have to say you agree that your Wolves are the odds on favorite to have the worst record in the league next season. That's exciting to hear coming from someone who "gets" to watch all their games!!

I don't EVER call people out for spelling errors but this one I had to. Their/there is one thing. To/Too is another.

Then vs than is just terrible.
Your funny, I don't even know if I've ever red a more better post THEN you're post!

Astronaut
04-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Rubio is apparently an early-bloomer(much like O.J. Mayo..)

Sorry T'Wolves fans, maybe that will change when he comes to the NBA.