PDA

View Full Version : Gasol will have MRI on right knee tomorrow

lakers4sho
04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Lakers Spokesman John Black said Pau Gasol will have a precautionary MRI on his right knee tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/54676869500506112

Gasol will have MRI tomorrow on right knee. Said there is soreness and swelling.

http://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/54677865597370368

Gasol knee is, however, termed as a "tweak" by Lakers now, so he should be fine.

http://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/54681562117185536

handle
04-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Oh my god.

KOBE24
04-03-2011, 08:59 PM
this is the reason the lakers should start to rest their players a little... we dont need the 1 seed... lakers match up way better vs mavs then they do vs the thunder.... rest up pau and drew

Jewelz0376
04-03-2011, 09:12 PM
No way he would've be able to come back and play on it if it was something that would cause him to miss significant time...so i'm not too worried

Lakers got Jazz and GS next...they could easily rest Pau if needed for those two

KillaInstinct24
04-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh my god.

not as bad as it sounds, gasol was walking around normally after the hit

handle
04-03-2011, 09:17 PM
One time I bent my knee exactly like Gasol did. Hurt like a m******er for about 10 seconds, thought I tore something for sure... then it suddenly much less... I was able to play on it, run normally, finish the game. About half an hour after I stopped playing, soreness and swelling. Next morning, more pain, much more swelling. Went to the doctor, and guess what? Torn ACL.

lakers4sho
04-03-2011, 09:22 PM
One time I bent my knee exactly like Gasol did. Hurt like a m******er for about 10 seconds, thought I tore something for sure... then it suddenly much less... I was able to play on it, run normally, finish the game. About half an hour after I stopped playing, soreness and swelling. Next morning, more pain, much more swelling. Went to the doctor, and guess what? Torn ACL.

:ohno:

marlinsfan24
04-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Hopefully he's fine. I don't want to face the Lakers in the Finals without Pau. ;)

Jewelz0376
04-03-2011, 09:36 PM

Wow really...

I tore mine twice the first time it hurt like hell right when I did it...the second time didn't hurt as bad...both both times there is no way I could keep playing on it....

He wasn't in a lot of pain when it happened...he could still play...plus the doctor checked it out and chances r he would've been able to tell if he might have acl damage cause the knee would've been loose... I think he's fine...

I could be wrong though...i hope im not

mekedubs
04-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Let's hope he's fine or there will be a million "TRADE PAU" threads by the end of the playoffs before he has a chance to get better...

Just ask Bynum...

shep33
04-03-2011, 10:36 PM
He looked fine moving around out there, hopefully everything is okay with the big man

Tree Rollins
04-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Let's hope he's fine or there will be a million "TRADE PAU" threads by the end of the playoffs before he has a chance to get better...

Just ask Bynum...

Yeah. And if Pau missed the rest of the playoffs. Came back next season for a few weeks and then missed the whole season. And then came back the season after that and got hurt at the beginning of our playoff run, then it would totally be the same thing. Totally.

shep33
04-03-2011, 11:57 PM
well some good news atleast is that Dallas lost, which gives us a good cushion. Also, with their loss tonight, I believe we become the best road team in the NBA

mekedubs
04-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Yeah. And if Pau missed the rest of the playoffs. Came back next season for a few weeks and then missed the whole season. And then came back the season after that and got hurt at the beginning of our playoff run, then it would totally be the same thing. Totally.

Yeah it would... Fans are fickle, they ride with you until something happens then it's "trade this player for that player" scenario all over again. And you can say what you want about Bynum, but the Lakers don't go back to back without him... Because Bynum didn't play in 2008 and what happened in Boston in game 6? Exactly.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-04-2011, 12:31 AM
He could have a slight tear:ohno:

but I hope not:pray:

shep33
04-04-2011, 01:05 AM
He could have a slight tear:ohno:

but I hope not:pray:

I read somewhere that they are almost certain that there is no tear. But the MRI is just precautionary.

Fireworld
04-04-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm not worried. He came back in the game, and was smiling. Oh he made a basket too.

Anilyzer
04-04-2011, 03:41 AM

Yikes dude. what are you trying to do to me here?

anyways, Gasol will almost certainly be good to go in the playoffs. I don't think he'd go into the lockerroom and then come back onto the court if it was seriously jacked up. Of course, the fact they order the MRI means that there is at least some soreness.

Probably some amount of strain or light sprain because of the way it bent back... and a lot of weight came down on it. He might miss some games, it's possible, but should be good to go for the playoffs. It clearly could've been a lot worse.

****'in Nene should get a flagrant two for that crap. And we don't need anybody taking any of the salt out of Gasol. His quickness on the floor is what makes him good.

worried yes. but probably ok

Purple&Gold24
04-04-2011, 03:47 AM
It scared the crap outta me when I saw it, then Bynum too omgahh! lol I think they"ll be ok. Lets Pray :worthy:

Hellcrooner
04-04-2011, 04:16 AM
lets hope we dont have to find out Paus REAL worth to the team the hard way because he cant play Poffs.....

Margie
04-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Hey fellows we need to trade Jewelz0376 and Handle to the Knicks they both have bum knees.;);)

New Power House
04-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Wow really...

I tore mine twice the first time it hurt like hell right when I did it...the second time didn't hurt as bad...both both times there is no way I could keep playing on it....

He wasn't in a lot of pain when it happened...he could still play...plus the doctor checked it out and chances r he would've been able to tell if he might have acl damage cause the knee would've been loose... I think he's fine...

I could be wrong though...i hope im not

Typical bully!:facepalm:

New Power House
04-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Good news!
Bynum repeated his comments from Sunday that he's all right after Odom ran into his leg. He practiced fully today, has no pain. 5 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

8kobe24
04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Good news!
Bynum repeated his comments from Sunday that he's all right after Odom ran into his leg. He practiced fully today, has no pain. 5 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

Or is it his leg ran into Odom?:D

Storch
04-04-2011, 04:15 PM
If Gasol goes down the Lakers will have a real wake up call in finding out how important he is to this team.

johnnychan
04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Let's pray there is no serious damage.

Purple&Gold24
04-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Or is it his leg ran into Odom?:D

:phew:

Jewelz0376
04-04-2011, 06:07 PM
anyone heard anything yet on the mri??

I'm assuming maybe no news is good news??

lakers4sho
04-04-2011, 06:12 PM
anyone heard anything yet on the mri??

I'm assuming maybe no news is good news??

He's just about to get his MRI. They said after practice around 3PM Pacific.

Storch
04-04-2011, 07:43 PM
He's just about to get his MRI. They said after practice around 3PM Pacific.

They need to have this on a live feed or something because I'm dying over here.

Jewelz0376
04-04-2011, 08:19 PM
They need to have this on a live feed or something because I'm dying over here.

:laugh: