PDA

View Full Version : NY Knicks vs Denver Nuggets finals?

jimm120
04-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't that be a strange one.

Nuggets, before the trade, seemed as if they were yet another 1st round (or 2nd round) and out team. Their only saving grace would be to go on a run (which all good teams are capable of). They traded away their top two players but have been basking in the afterglow since the trade. They ARE on a run. Considering that the run has lasted so long, it might continue in through the playoffs.

Knicks, before the trade, seemed as if they were gonna start falling in the standings, considering that they had a losing record every month aside for that 14-1 spurt in Nov/Dec. With the Melo trade, they started out 6-3 but then went 1-9. Still, their potential is starting to show and they are 8-4 (I think) against .500 or better teams. With their potential, talent, and since they are starting to win, I believe they can pull off a few upsets.

So, this takes us down to a Denver vs New York finals.

What would the story lines be?

Do you think they can make it?

Do you think it'd be an interesting finals? I know I would.

Vote and comment!

justinnum1
04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
knicks are not getting out of the first round. The nuggets have a chance to go far.

Muttman73
04-03-2011, 08:39 PM
wow, just wow...this would be really weird...go Nuggets

KnicksR4Real
04-03-2011, 08:40 PM
that would be dope. go gallo!

JerseysFinest
04-03-2011, 08:43 PM
The Nuggets have the potential to do big things during these upcoming playoffs. Their depth is ridiculous, they play as a team and are youthful and energetic. Wish them the best

AntiG
04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Both will get knocked out in the first round, with the Knicks likely to go down quickly because they will go up against either the Heat or the Celtics - either in a sweep or in 5.

Denver will have a good series against Oklahoma City, but OKC would likely pull it out.

dnewguy
04-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Knicks? Are you drunk?

Super.
LOL at NYK making it past the 1st round

danniboi168
denver would kick our ***.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Knicks won't make it to the second round but the Nuggets can though.

Public Enemy #1
Nuggets could be scary in the playoffs, tons of depth. Knicks will get knocked outta the first round.

AntiG
04-03-2011, 08:46 PM

seriously... they'd be lucky if they even win ONE game this playoffs.

KnicksorBust
04-03-2011, 08:47 PM
This thread is a joke. Neither team has a chance at the Finals. This thread will just lead to baiting. Should be closed or moved.

NYK_kidd77
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Both teams won't make it. Denver has a better chance to advance just do to the teams they have to face.

NYK_kidd77
04-03-2011, 08:50 PM
If the Knicks suck so much why do they get so much hate? It's always neem confusing to me.

Do you guys sit around and point an laugh at ******** kids all day?

jimm120
04-03-2011, 08:52 PM
btw, I put up a possible option for both teams and made it multiple selection.

Yes, it would be weird. Both teams traded away so much and to have them both in the finals...

though I DO agree that the chances are slim for both teams.

With the Nuggets, they were a better team with Billups and Melo and still seemed to be going to a 1 and done situation...unless they went on a run.

Now, they are a bit worse (but much, much deeper) but are on the "fabled" run that can propel a team. Only question now is if the run will last long enough.

With the Knicks, like I mentioned, they had a losing record really. They were fading. It took an MVP level Amare, a near allstar level Felton, and a "I'm gonna sign that guy" level Chandler to get them to go 14-1 in late nov/early dec. After that, it was .500 or below ball. So to me, they were not a 28-26 team at the half. I'd cut down that 14-1 spurt to a more realistic 10-5 (they were pretty crappy teams aside for 2 games) and that put them at below .500 at the break.

But with the infusion of talent, they've done pretty good against .500 teams. Too bad chemistry issues have arisen. Plus, D'antoni still kinda sucks (c'mon Jared Jeffries!!!! and no bench...finally playing a bench). In the end, though, they have an amazing Amare, Melo, and Billups to carry them. And with some support from Toney(shooter), SHawne/Walker(3 pointer), SHeldon(defense) , and Anthony Carter (backup leadership), The knicks can DO some noise as originally thought of before their 1-9 slide.

jimm120
04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
If the Knicks suck so much why do they get so much hate? It's always neem confusing to me.

are you saying the Knicks are mentally challenged kids? wow...what a fan...

Knicks rule! Though if we DO have someone that is slightly mentally challenged is Jeffries and...

...Mike D'Antoni (no bench use for 2 1/2 years, exiles good players, too many minutes to starters, no defense, causes defensive mismatches on purpose, too many 3 pointers, doesn't use the appropriate players, Plays Jared Jeffries)

LOOTERX9
04-03-2011, 08:58 PM
denver would kick our ***.

You are a poor excuse of a Knick fan, Go live in Denver so you can be close to your boy GALLO. Denver has zero legit go to guy in a 7 round series. That will kill them in close games.

danniboi168
04-03-2011, 09:00 PM
You are a poor excuse of a Knick fan, Go live in Denver so you can be close to your boy GALLO. Denver has zero legit go to guy in a 7 round series. That will kill them in close games.

lmao when did i say i was a gallo lover? gotta love how u put words in my mouth. w/e :clap:

allSUAVE
04-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Wow why you start this thread :facepalm:

When Chris Paul join the Knicks and we get a center then May be .

There's alot of Anti- Knick on this site ,you almost gave them a heart attack which might have been good But C'Mon now Lmaooo.

Celtics , lakers finals nothing change!

koreancabbage
04-03-2011, 09:04 PM

ROFL, you serious?

NY won't even get close to a "close" game cuz they'll be blown away. Carmelo will win them maybe 1-2 games but they'll still lose the series.

LOOTERX9
04-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Knicks can beat the fake front-running Lebron and Heat. Heat are *****es and are not mentaly tough. Knicks can beat that old *** celtics team also to be honest. Celtics run will come to an end this post season.

Slimsim
04-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Anything can happen in the playoffs just ask Dallas

Slimsim
04-03-2011, 09:07 PM
But seriously Denver has a better chance to win it all the Knicks Still a work in progress. Obivous this si going to turn into a bait thread but whatever

Q_bully
04-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Vinny and Pauly D said something like this on twitter. O yeahhhh

NYK_kidd77
04-03-2011, 09:12 PM

Knicks rule! Though if we DO have someone that is slightly mentally challenged is Jeffries and...

...Mike D'Antoni (no bench use for 2 1/2 years, exiles good players, too many minutes to starters, no defense, causes defensive mismatches on purpose, too many 3 pointers, doesn't use the appropriate players, Plays Jared Jeffries)

Well our owner is mentally challenged. Isiah was mentally challenged. Dantoni and his brother are mentally challenged. So when people were/are hating on us yes it's like hating on a mentally challenged kid. We sucked for so long so what's to hate?

Don't question my fandom. That's like me saying you arent a good fan cause you knew what kind of responses you'd get from this thread.

jimm120
04-03-2011, 09:13 PM
This thread is a joke. Neither team has a chance at the Finals. This thread will just lead to baiting. Should be closed or moved.

Why is there someone like you in every thread? Please stop. I understand if it clearly is a trolling thread, but this is a sports forum and this question is certainly viable.

Both teams, imo, are most probably 1st round exits. Still, I made SURE to explain why there might be a Knicks vs Nuggets first round. In the end, though, I think EVERYONE KNOWS that the chances are slim for BOTH teams.

But a discussion is a discussion.

I just want to know what the reaction would be.

-Gallo and Mozgov were NY. They displayed what new york is all about, interracial communities (aside for most jewish people that stuck to their own areas and schools :) joke!). So, it was strange to trade away both. Felton was at near allstar levels for 2 months. Chandler was important for us during the first 3 months also. So, they were part of the team big time.

-And really no need to talk about the Nuggets side. Melo was drafted and the second he got to the team, they've been in the playoffs. It started and ended with Melo. NO matter how bitter some fans are (ok, tons of fans), they gotta understand what Melo did for them for 7 1/2 years. From the getgo, he got them into the playoffs. Lebron didn't. Melo did. 1 and out in the playoffs? Ok, but remember that the west has always been the strongest conference and it was EVEN STRONGER back then. He finally got some help in Iverson (Iverson just doesn't mesh well with teams after Philly) and Billups and they got further.
-And Billups is the second part of all this. A Denver native. Allstar. Championship winner. Finally helped Melo out enough to get them past the 1st round. Too bad that they didn't have much of a chance in the playoffs in 2010 because of Karl not being there. Karl really IS a good coach. Wish we Knicks fan had that (ok, starting to ramble now).

jimm120
04-03-2011, 09:21 PM

but they have three things that will help them in the playoffs. Lets not have our minds clouded just because we're a Nuggets fan, Knicks fan, or Knicks hater. They have a great coach; a deeeeeeep roster; and they are on "a run". Don't underestimate runs. Look at the Knicks 14-1 run this year. Were the Knicks really THAT good? no, but that hot streak allowed them to go on a hot streak and that hot streak produced an MVP level amare, near allstar level Felton, and a "I'm gonna sign this guy" level Chandler, along with our 14-1 record. So, the hot streak is a powerful weapon, and when backed up by a deep talented team (even if it doesn't have a real #1) and a good coach, things can happen.

But yeah, I don't know if the Knicks would "get their *** handed to them". We would have to see how the teams do in the playoffs.

Both teams, imo, would have to get scorching hot to make the playoffs anyway, so it would be a completely different team dynamic and technically, a completely completely different team they'd be going up against if they make the finals (either team).

We would really have to see how things go in the playoffs to evaluate who'd win.

jimm120
04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Knicks can beat the fake front-running Lebron and Heat. Heat are *****es and are not mentaly tough. Knicks can beat that old *** celtics team also to be honest. Celtics run will come to an end this post season.

First off, sheesh, quite harsh you are.

Second, I don't know about the Heat. Every seems to want them to lose and think they are our best matchup...but that is mostly perception since they haven't been as good as people thought they'd be...but damn, they're still good. and they DO still have Lebron and Wade.

The Celtics...they're a tough team. They've also beaten us all 3 meetings this year. One positive, though, is that we've played them tough every single game and might have actually won 1 of the games if the time keeper would have stopped the time when Pierce made that shot (at 0.9), and not at 0.3. So, we played them hard and feel we have a good chance.

Orlando....don't think we have a chance. Nelson seems to go off for superb games against the Knicks and with Dwight getting his usual 25/15 against us...

Bulls...we have a chance, as evidenced in our wins against them (yes, 1 game was without Boozer and another without Noah but still). It would be a big time athletic game and it took us having TWO career type 3 point shooting games to beat them.

So, we have a very small chance but we do.

Denver, imo, has a somewhat easier time. Plus, they are higher seeded. Thunder in the first round, which is a hard matchup but still is a young team. and then its against Dallas, Spurs, or Lakers in the 2nd round (most probably). So, difficult 2nd round but they have a chance maybe.

Well our owner is mentally challenged. Isiah was mentally challenged. Dantoni and his brother are mentally challenged. So when people were/are hating on us yes it's like hating on a mentally challenged kid. We sucked for so long so what's to hate?

Don't question my fandom. That's like me saying you arent a good fan cause you knew what kind of responses you'd get from this thread.

DUDE, I WAS JOKING. Lol. Sorry, should have added a 'LOL" in there. I was just taking what you mistakenly said and implied it to an extreme. Sorry. I'll go and ad a "lol" in the post...lol, just for you. And aside for 2 responses (and the other 2 complaining that this is a bad thread, even though only two bad posts were made), this has been a pretty sane thread.

NYY 26 to 7
04-03-2011, 09:31 PM

The same people praising the youth and depth of Denver are the same people who said the Knicks have no pieces and overrated young players. Love the Heat fans laughing at the Knicks - cuz the Heat have been great against the better teams in the NBA. Oh and a 2-2 split vs those awful Knicks. This is a dumb thread since neither will make the finals but the hate is just crazy.

NYK_kidd77
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
The same people praising the youth and depth of Denver are the same people who said the Knicks have no pieces and overrated young players. Love the Heat fans laughing at the Knicks - cuz the Heat have been great against the better teams in the NBA. Oh and a 2-2 split vs those awful Knicks. This is a dumb thread since neither will make the finals but the hate is just crazy.

Exactl.
I hate how when those guys were Knicks they sucked now they are good lol.

We had no assests if I remember correctly?

Kashmir13579
04-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Gallo and Chandler are suddenly amazing players.

CHANGO
04-03-2011, 09:42 PM
That would be great.

Of course, if you want a playoffs, where the teams score over 150 points per game.
JK, I don't think that will happen soon.

Mc Lovin
04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
The Knicks are lucky to be in the playoffs. IDK what will happen in the future but as of right now that trade was extremely lopsided. The Nuggets are so much better after that trade and the Knicks are were playing pretty good basketball before the trade. The Nuggets could definitely surprise some teams. They are definitely not a fluke.

jimm120
04-03-2011, 09:48 PM

Exactl.

Gallo and Chandler are suddenly amazing players.

Yeah, and how Melo is now barely a top 15 to top 30 player and before the season he was ranked at #7 by PSD and #8 the year before...and his game has NOT degressed and only 1 player could be argued to have passed him (Rose).

But what can you do.

And this thread is hypothetical. The chances are still. I think EVERYONE expects BOTH teams to be taken out in the first round. But I put up reasons on why both teams might make it. Small probability, but still possible.

I wonder if one of the traded players will say something negative. I can see Felton saying something bad. He feels (and I do agree) that he gave NY a lot and even let himself be signed to a 2 year deal at only 7.5 million...just to play in NY. And wasn't happy about being traded. I can see him going off and saying some negative stuff.

I can also see Mozgov saying how sad he is because of the trade. He liked his NY. He liked his "red herring under the rabbit" (or whatever it was called..Knicks fans know what I'm talking about if they frequent the Knicks board) and how he felt at home in NY considering its such a culturally diverse place.

Gallo has always been somewhat soft with the mouth, so I doubt he'd speak out.

Chandler is just a nice guy, so he won't. Plus, he knew he'd get traded.

Melo won't say anything bad. He's been trying to play the whole neutral part since before the season started (even though 99% of people know he wanted to be traded to the knicks during the season or before the season). I think he'd stay quiet then too.

Billups is just a nice guy. Won't say anything aside for professing his love for the Denver.

jimm120
04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
The Knicks are lucky to be in the playoffs. IDK what will happen in the future but as of right now that trade was extremely lopsided. The Nuggets are so much better after that trade and the Knicks are were playing pretty good basketball before the trade. The Nuggets could definitely surprise some teams. They are definitely not a fluke.

trust me, the Knicks were NOT playing "pretty good basketball" before the trade. Yes, we were over .500 at 28-26, but any Knick fan can tell you that we were on our way down.

Like I mentioned in another post, make that 14-1 spurt in Late November/Early December into a more realistic (for a good team) 10-5, and the Knicks are below .500.

If you look at their records, they were a losing team or a .500 team outside of that 14-1 spurt, which makes me think that they wouldn't even have gone 10-5 without the hot streak...more like 8-7. That's the type of level they were at before the trade.

but to add, yes, the Nuggets got a big haul. They made Dolan get involved by holding out till the trade deadline. Once DOlan got involved, our hopes of getting Melo during free agency (best possible outcome) or on the "cheap" for Chandler, Randolph, Curry, and 1st rounder just got thrown out the window. But it was NOT lopsided. Its just that D'antoni has not really found out how to coach the team.

NYK_kidd77
04-03-2011, 09:54 PM

What? The Knicks were playing horrible before the trade went down.

We were on a complete slide. I dot remember what it was exactly but it wasn't pretty

godolphins
04-03-2011, 09:54 PM
:facepalm:

NYYCowboys
04-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Not trying to be a homer, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks took the Celtics or Heat to 6 or 7 games especially if Melo and Amare both get hot.

Stat&Meloallday
04-03-2011, 10:09 PM
denver will lose in 6 to OKC

Knicks will lose in 6 to the heat

knicks have better shot of an upset because they have two superstars, although i don't forsee either team getting out of the first round.

LOOTERX9
04-03-2011, 10:14 PM
denver will lose in 6 to OKC

Knicks will lose in 6 to the heat

knicks have better shot of an upset because they have two superstars, although i don't forsee either team getting out of the first round.

I don't see a team with both Melo and Amare , also Billups losing in 6 games to anyone. maybe 7 games. This is basketball where 2 stars can take you far. look what clev did with 1 star past 4 yrs.

llemon
04-03-2011, 10:16 PM
The Knicks are a lesser team now than they were before the trade

cypherthor
04-03-2011, 10:26 PM
All those Knicks haters just don't remember what the Garden is like in the playoffs. I would be shocked if they got swept.. Anything can happen in playoffs

NYK|NYY
04-03-2011, 10:44 PM
The Knicks are a lesser team now than they were before the trade

Expert analysis!

shep33
04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
As much as I love what the Nuggets did at the deadline, some people saying they'll make a deep playoff run are stretching a bit here. If all goes according to plan, they play OKC in round 1, San Antonio in round 2, and LA in round 3. Without HCA in any series. Tough road for them, I think OKC wins that series in 5-6.

Game_Over
04-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Not trying to be a homer, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks took the Celtics or Heat to 6 or 7 games especially if Melo and Amare both get hot.

I would not be surprised if the Knicks beat the Celtics and I would not be surprised if the Nuggs beat OKC the Nuggs seem to have OKC's number and to be honest we are one of the best teams right now so why not.. Will we make it to the finals probably not but for a team getting further I would say the Nuggs just for the fact we actually have a bench. When I look at NY's losses of course the big three there score but almost nothing from the bench.. That will change in a couple years I can see players wanting to go to the Knicks because it is NY and Amare, Melo but till they get a half way decent supporting cast it isn't happening. Plus from my own thinking most Nuggets fans were most disappointed in losing Billups and I am in the minority, to me he takes to many bad shots and when the playoffs rolled around for us he seemed tired. I think his age is catching up with him, I think if NY is smart they unload him!! Anyways for now I think the Nuggs are better but if NY can put some pieces together they can be a pretty great team. They just gave up too much this year to do anything!!

shep33
04-03-2011, 11:29 PM
I would not be surprised if the Knicks beat the Celtics and I would not be surprised if the Nuggs beat OKC the Nuggs seem to have OKC's number and to be honest we are one of the best teams right now so why not.. Will we make it to the finals probably not but for a team getting further I would say the Nuggs just for the fact we actually have a bench. When I look at NY's losses of course the big three there score but almost nothing from the bench.. That will change in a couple years I can see players wanting to go to the Knicks because it is NY and Amare, Melo but till they get a half way decent supporting cast it isn't happening. Plus from my own thinking most Nuggets fans were most disappointed in losing Billups and I am in the minority, to me he takes to many bad shots and when the playoffs rolled around for us he seemed tired. I think his age is catching up with him, I think if NY is smart they unload him!! Anyways for now I think the Nuggs are better but if NY can put some pieces together they can be a pretty great team. They just gave up too much this year to do anything!!

Quick question Gameover, just wondering if you heard anything about who the Nuggets are gonna try to keep this offseason? You guys have a lot of free agents. Chandler, Nene, JR, Kenyon, Afflalo is restricted right?

It seems almost like Chandler and Nene will get a lot of money thrown their way this offseason.

Mc Lovin
04-03-2011, 11:43 PM

I would be very surprised if the Knicks beat the Celtics. I personally don't think they will win a single game against them.

THE GIPPER
04-03-2011, 11:43 PM
^ nene has a player option i think. JR said he wants to re-sign. Not sure about afflalo, chandler or kenyon.

shep33
04-03-2011, 11:51 PM
^ nene has a player option i think. JR said he wants to re-sign. Not sure about afflalo, chandler or kenyon.

Afflalo, Chandler, and Nene (if he opts out) will all get larger offers is what I'd be guessing. Kenyon is expendable too I'd think, unless he'd want to sign for like a vets min, which is what he'll likely get from other teams as well.

I guess it depends on the CBA... If it were my guess I'd say they keep Afflalo cause Chandler will likely get a heavy contract elsewhere that they wouldn't want to match with Gallo already being there.

meloman1592
04-03-2011, 11:55 PM

I wonder the same thing

THE GIPPER
04-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Afflalo, Chandler, and Nene (if he opts out) will all get larger offers is what I'd be guessing. Kenyon is expendable too I'd think, unless he'd want to sign for like a vets min, which is what he'll likely get from other teams as well.

I guess it depends on the CBA... If it were my guess I'd say they keep Afflalo cause Chandler will likely get a heavy contract elsewhere that they wouldn't want to match with Gallo already being there.

I just took a look at their salaries and nene has an 11.6 mil player option, the nuggets can offer afflalo a 2.9 mil qualifying offer and can offer chandler a 3 mil qualifying offer. So to me it seems that neither afflalo or chandler will accept those offers but i think nene might take that 11.6 mil player option.

As for kenyon i'd like to see him back at a bargain. He's still pretty productive.

Game_Over
04-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Quick question Gameover, just wondering if you heard anything about who the Nuggets are gonna try to keep this offseason? You guys have a lot of free agents. Chandler, Nene, JR, Kenyon, Afflalo is restricted right?

It seems almost like Chandler and Nene will get a lot of money thrown their way this offseason.

From what I heard their number one priority is signing Nene, I think Afflalo will be back, personally I think the biggest question mark is JR simply because him and Karl don't get along..

shep33
04-04-2011, 12:07 AM
From what I heard their number one priority is signing Nene, I think Afflalo will be back, personally I think the biggest question mark is JR simply because him and Karl don't get along..

Ah, thanks for the insight man. Yeah, Karl and JR have had a rocky relationship for a while now. I remember reading somewhere that Nene likes it in Denver, so hopefully he stays. Even as a Laker fan, I like what I saw with you guys today haha. Very solid, I hope Denver remains a strong team, I like our rivalry, and its something the NBA needs more of.

Game_Over
04-04-2011, 12:11 AM
I would be very surprised if the Knicks beat the Celtics. I personally don't think they will win a single game against them.

Who is on your sig ohh a Patriot so of course your a Boston fan why should you think NY would not win a single game?? If I had to bet I would of course bet Boston but could I see NY winning you bet.. I hate Melo more than any fan but he can score and if him and Amare are what they can be with Billups why not?? They won't have the bench though but I also don't see Boston going to far. Miami and The Bulls are the top teams to me in the East..

jimm120
04-04-2011, 12:25 AM
just thinking about it, but if the matchup is HEAT VS KNICKS, it'll be like FULL Homecourt advantage for the knicks.

Have you guys listened to the crowd during Heat, Knick games at the heat's arena?

It is like 40% Knicks fans howling!

lol

abe_froman
04-04-2011, 12:25 AM
neither team will get that far

fin_frenzy_84
04-04-2011, 12:28 AM
nuggets has a chance imo... after that trade they have been really good... They are one of the hot teams of the nba... New York not so much

Mudvayne91
04-04-2011, 12:47 AM
As far as I know Chandler is a restricted FA, so anything offered, we'd be able to match.

Afflalo could be too, but I'm more certain of Chandler.

ohreally
04-04-2011, 01:02 AM
I love team ball and the Nuggets have been playing very nice team ball. It certainly is a long shot but the Nuggets are stocked with capable players and if Afflalo is healthy they have a lot of people that can get hot and a lot of bodies to wear an opposing team down. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the WCF or totally shocked if they made it to the finals. But much of that is that I'd like to see a de-emphasis on accumulating stars.

Other than the Lakers I don't see any other team that can't be questioned on some level, so anything is possible this year. But the Knicks have to rank 1415 among playoff teams that could advance.

shep33
04-04-2011, 01:16 AM
As far as I know Chandler is a restricted FA, so anything offered, we'd be able to match.

Afflalo could be too, but I'm more certain of Chandler.

See I think they'd go for Afflalo instead if they had to choose one guy. Afflalo will still command less money than Chandler I think.

Cromedome
04-04-2011, 01:25 AM
that would be dope. go gallo!

You're a Knick fan...am I correct?

LA_Raiders
04-04-2011, 01:27 AM
NO way finals, but both can have a 1st round upset...

NY can beat Miami
Tuggets can beat OKC

BallIsAll
04-04-2011, 01:29 AM
jr smith and nene have both stated they want to retire in denver and i doubt the FO will let loyal players go. they can get as much $$ as they want, remember smith is only 26. afflalo stated he wontt be going anywhere on twitter, "@CrazySituation im not going anywhere ..... denver is home". chandler stated he wants to see how the season goes for his extension. Kenyon will hopefully take less money to come back.. i doubt he would want to move anywhere else if he could get the money here. hes my only question mark tho.

ellesmeire
04-04-2011, 01:57 AM

Nuggets, before the trade, seemed as if they were yet another 1st round (or 2nd round) and out team. Their only saving grace would be to go on a run (which all good teams are capable of). They traded away their top two players but have been basking in the afterglow since the trade. They ARE on a run. Considering that the run has lasted so long, it might continue in through the playoffs.

Knicks, before the trade, seemed as if they were gonna start falling in the standings, considering that they had a losing record every month aside for that 14-1 spurt in Nov/Dec. With the Melo trade, they started out 6-3 but then went 1-9. Still, their potential is starting to show and they are 8-4 (I think) against .500 or better teams. With their potential, talent, and since they are starting to win, I believe they can pull off a few upsets.

Vote and comment!

the knicks have a very slight shot vs Miami, but still unlikely...at least neither tm has a bench lol

but really...stupidest thread ever

Evolution23
04-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Raptors will win it all this year

shep33
04-04-2011, 02:32 AM
New York vs. Miami might be the battle of the two worst benches in a long time.

jimm120
04-04-2011, 02:45 AM
jr smith and nene have both stated they want to retire in denver and i doubt the FO will let loyal players go. they can get as much $$ as they want, remember smith is only 26. afflalo stated he wontt be going anywhere on twitter, "@CrazySituation im not going anywhere ..... denver is home". chandler stated he wants to see how the season goes for his extension. Kenyon will hopefully take less money to come back.. i doubt he would want to move anywhere else if he could get the money here. hes my only question mark tho.

Dude...they FORCED Billups to go to NY just because they wanted to trade Melo and because they didn't want to pick up his 14 million option next year.

It wasn't NY that added in Billups. It was Denver. So loyal, schmoyal

BallIsAll
04-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Dude...they FORCED Billups to go to NY just because they wanted to trade Melo and because they didn't want to pick up his 14 million option next year.

It wasn't NY that added in Billups. It was Denver. So loyal, schmoyal

it had to be done and if billups wants to he can return. we wanted to get younger and get the most out of the trade, plus i would not want to give billups 14 mill for a year hes just not that good anymore.

jzero
04-04-2011, 03:11 AM
seriously... they'd be lucky if they even win ONE game this playoffs.

well i think they might steal one or two at msg

jzero
04-04-2011, 03:17 AM
I don't see a team with both Melo and Amare , also Billups losing in 6 games to anyone. maybe 7 games. This is basketball where 2 stars can take you far. look what clev did with 1 star past 4 yrs.

LOL they lost to the celtics in 6 :facepalm:

jzero
04-04-2011, 03:19 AM
I wonder the same thing

for me its coz its their own fault that their stupid (the franchise)

IBleedPurple
04-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Exactl.

See what a good coach can do?

That would be great. Of course, if you want a playoffs, where the teams score over 150 points per game.
JK, I don't think that will happen soon.
Denver's D has been one of the best in the league since the trade.

This isn't going to happen, but Denver has a much better shot. Would love for the Heat to lose though.

Crzycjunx76
04-04-2011, 05:04 AM
Knicks are not getting out of the first round. The Nuggets are going to go up against the Thunder and I just dont see them beating them. They might have stood a better chance against Dallas but that is just not going to happen.

ewmania
04-04-2011, 05:05 AM

LOL at boston beating Lakers especially without Perkins

stlbest5in2013
04-04-2011, 05:58 AM

Vote and comment!

crack is wack

save the knicks
04-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Lots of NY hate up in here!

Now everyone loves gallo/chandler when before they were over rated by pretentious NY fans

Now everyone says mello is over rated after drooling over his game winners and iso domination all season

I wounder why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLsHP94bvXs

AntiG
04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I don't get why the Knicks fans are automatically defaulting to the "haterzzz" line.

The fact is that the Knicks are going to be the #7 seed. Which means they will be playing the Heat or the Celtics, two of the top favorites to win it all, not to mention have far more talent and better team chemistry than the Knicks do. The likelihood of the Knicks getting swept is far far far higher than them actually pulling off a series win.

Team*Chicago
04-04-2011, 09:47 AM

:nod: I agree, the person who started this thread is trying to make fun of the Knicks and it should be closed down if the moderators are smart enough to do it.

king4day
04-04-2011, 10:04 AM
I think we had a similar thread like this a while back. Neither team is coming close to smelling the Finals.

Denver COULD get past round one. The only way they get past round two is if they get the right matchup. It's possible they could get to the West finals but I can't see it.

Knicks I don't see making much of a series in the first round unless they play Boston. If there's no Shaq then they might be able to push Boston. Even then, I don't see the upset there.
I have them both eliminated in round one.

king4day
04-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Suns fans know this all to well. While it almost worked, I'm so glad he's gone.

DenButsu
04-04-2011, 10:43 AM
This thread will just lead to baiting. Should be closed or moved.

Nuggs fan checking in to agree with this Knicks fan's post. This is not a serious thread. As long as we're making "What if?" threads, might as well have one for every highly improbable Finals matchup (Grizz vs. Pacers, perhaps?).

mikealike305
04-04-2011, 10:45 AM
lol at this thread. hey i mean anything can happen. its where amazing happens.

if some miricle this match up takes place i'd take the nuggets

Da Knicks
04-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Knicks made it to the finals as an 8th seed before, anything can happen when you have stars. It would be very ironic though for the nuggs and knicks to meet in the finals!

bringbackfredex
04-04-2011, 10:50 AM
I would take the Pacers getting to the finals before I would take the Knicks.......

What a joke of a thread lol.

Iron24th
04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Both will get knocked out in the first round, with the Knicks likely to go down quickly because they will go up against either the Heat or the Celtics - either in a sweep or in 5.

Denver will have a good series against Oklahoma City, but OKC would likely pull it out.

Agree,I don't see how they can go far if they face OKC in the 1st round,they'll win at most 2 games in the series,OKC is the real deal in the west behind LA and SA.

Missing56&33
04-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I've thought about that happening the Knicks vs the Nuggets Final. If this was to happen I would take Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Amar'e Stoudemire over.......Timofe Mozgov, Wilson Chandler and Ty Lawson.......anyday......even if I wasn't a Knick fan.

KOBE24
04-04-2011, 12:29 PM
LOL at boston beating Lakers especially without Perkins

knick fans think just because they made the playoffs they are the champions...
knicks are just lucky they r in the eastern conference... they playoff drought would continue if they were in the western conf.

DenButsu
04-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I've thought about that happening the Knicks vs the Nuggets Final. If this was to happen I would take Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Amar'e Stoudemire over.......Timofe Mozgov, Wilson Chandler and Ty Lawson.......anyday......even if I wasn't a Knick fan.

:rolleyes:

It's a lot easier to make your team look like a "winner" when you match it up against a straw man.

nycsports2
04-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Both teams won't make it. Denver has a better chance to advance just do to the teams they have to face.

ya i think the knicks are better but den easier path either way i think there out 1st round prolly win a game or 2

NYK_kidd77
04-04-2011, 12:53 PM
knicks are just lucky they r in the eastern conference... they playoff drought would continue if they were in the western conf.

What? No one is acting like that.

The Knicks haven't been in the playoffs for 7 years please forgive some for being happy.

Gibby23
04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
I think Denver is going to make some noise. They have a shot to make the WCF. If they beat the thunder in round 1, I think they can beat the Spurs in round 2. The Spurs turned into a running team this year and Denver runs better than them and are 10 deep. I still think the lakers beat them in 6 or 7.

The Knicks are not good a sure round 1 exit.

BallIsAll
04-04-2011, 01:34 PM

lawson, felton > Billups, td
Gallo, Chandler, Smith, Aflallo > Melo
Martin, Nene, Bird, Mozzy > Stat'

are you high?

ya i think the knicks are better but den easier path either way i think there out 1st round prolly win a game or 2

lol your the first person i heard say that!!!:facepalm:

BallIsAll
04-04-2011, 01:36 PM
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/powerrankings/04/04/week23/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

top 5 team in the nba VS one in the bottom half. nuggets FTW.

Grifftiggs
04-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Why is this even a thread -0% chance this happen

KnickFanSince91
04-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Wait...what? No way in hell this happens. The Nuggets are not going to beat OKC in a 7 game series with 4 games in OKC and if by some act of God the Knicks get out the first round, they have no shot at getting out of the 2nd.

Wait about 2 - 3 years and try this thread again...fail.

Gibby23
04-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Wait...what? No way in hell this happens. The Nuggets are not going to beat OKC in a 7 game series with 4 games in OKC and if by some act of God the Knicks get out the first round, they have no shot at getting out of the 2nd.

Wait about 2 - 3 years and try this thread again...fail.

Denver has a better chance of making it out of round 1 than the Knicks do.

KnickFanSince91
04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Denver has a better chance of making it out of round 1 than the Knicks do.

Who cares? They both have a 10% chance of playing in June. The Knicks have their share of problems and the Nuggets have issues as well. Neither one is anything close to a title contender as of this season.

Gibby23
04-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Who cares? They both have a 10% chance of playing in June. The Knicks have their share of problems and the Nuggets have issues as well. Neither one is anything close to a title contender as of this season.

Winning is a good thing, it is not an issue.

Tony_Starks
04-04-2011, 03:15 PM
never ever....ever ever happen.

mjqusoldier
04-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Knicks? Are you drunk?

Yea the team that whoopd your team the last 2 times.

SteBO
04-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Yea the team that whoopd your team the last 2 times.
10 points combined, one game where Bosh wasn't playing, is a whooping? :eyebrow: Nah, it isn't man. :rolleyes:

On topic, DEN would give the Thunder a run for their money, and as a Heat fan I'd rather avoid NY, though I pretty sure we'd beat them in 6 games max. Hopefully the Knicks keep winning so they can nab the 6 seed, and spare me the stress. :D

KnickFanSince91
04-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Winning is a good thing, it is not an issue.

yea you got it. I forgot that the Nuggets are now impossible to guard in the half court and their 12-man rotation is the envy of every NBA team :rolleyes:

WrongIslander
04-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Well Knicks fans we should enjoy this because we're playing with NO pressure and an ever improving team that have shown up against the big teams.

Despite all of the above people are talking about us not winning ONE game.

Suits me. No expectations, we can only match or better that.

See you at the dance.

danniboi168
04-04-2011, 03:56 PM

lol when did we think we are champions? stop making stuff up. we can't be happy cause we finally made the playoffs ? nope i guess we can't cause we're the knicks.

BallIsAll
04-04-2011, 04:08 PM
yea you got it. I forgot that the Nuggets are now impossible to guard in the half court and their 12-man rotation is the envy of every NBA team :rolleyes:

they're a harder team to guard than the knicks as the stats say they are the #1 offensive team. ohh and im sure many knicks fans envy their 12 man rotation :D

effen5
04-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I actually could see the Nuggets as a real dark horse to come out of the west...I absolutely love the way they play right now.

NYK|NYY
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
they're a harder team to guard than the knicks as the stats say they are the #1 offensive team. ohh and im sure many knicks fans envy their 12 man rotation :D

Nothing beats our 5 man rotation Dantoni has in place!

BallIsAll
04-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Nothing beats our 5 man rotation Dantoni has in place!

lol you right

jimm120
04-09-2011, 07:26 AM
I was hoping Denver would win against the Thunder last night so to give credence to the fact that they might make a run in the playoffs.

And so far, the Knicks are showing that they might make a run.

btw, I made this topic way before this win streak got so big.

DenButsu
04-09-2011, 01:30 PM
I was hoping Denver would win against the Thunder last night so to give credence to the fact that they might make a run in the playoffs.

If you're drifting on the winds with one or two game sample sizes, then you'll be shocked at the outcome of several games every day in the NBA.

Lake_Show2416
04-09-2011, 01:45 PM
they're both losing in the 1st round, Knicks have the best chance to get to the 2nd cuz I don't think Nuggets could beat the Thunder at all but still very unlikely

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Nuggets could make a run. Knicks would be lucky to force a game 6.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Nuggets could make to the second round. For the Knicks they can challenge teams but not win.

LakersIn5
04-09-2011, 02:21 PM
lakers vs. heat or
lakers vs. knicks

in the finals please

TheRunKiller
04-09-2011, 04:28 PM
LOL this thread is funny

Kashmir13579
04-09-2011, 04:52 PM
i think its hilarious that this thread stays open for so long but the Knicks round 1 upset thread was closed in less than a day. anyone else find that kind of asinine?

Kashmir13579
04-09-2011, 04:53 PM
you know what i CAN'T wait for??? (this will actually happen, too)

Knicks-Nuggets regular season series next year!!!

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 04:54 PM
i think its hilarious that this thread stays open for so long but the Knicks round 1 upset thread was closed in less than a day. anyone else find that kind of asinine?

It's a conspiracy. PSD is filled with Knicks haters. I feel for you guys. I really do. It's sad that you guys can't catch a break and are hated on here so much. Oh well, at least you'll get the last laugh when you beat the Heat in 5 or 6.

Kashmir13579
04-09-2011, 05:01 PM
It's a conspiracy. PSD is filled with Knicks haters. I feel for you guys. I really do. It's sad that you guys can't catch a break and are hated on here so much. Oh well, at least you'll get the last laugh when you beat the Heat in 5 or 6.

obvious troll.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 05:03 PM

I don't know why mods close some of the threads they do and leave others open. that "Bulls fan spit on Grant Hill" thread was allowed to go on for 15 pages.

IBleedPurple
04-09-2011, 05:03 PM

I think the Nuggets were holding back a little against the Thunder, at least it seemed that way. Maybe it's just strategy, or still hoping the Thunder would pass Dallas to make the 1st rd easier for Denver.

sep11ie
04-09-2011, 05:08 PM
I think you need more options in the poll

TheRunKiller
04-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I thought Denver could upset OKC in the first round but after those 2 beat downs OKC put on em I don't know about Denver anymore...Afflalo was out for those 2 games and he's their best defender on the team...Not having a superstar will cost Denver that series. But we'll see.

mttwlsn16
04-09-2011, 05:24 PM
knicks are not getting out of the first round. The nuggets have a chance to go far.

they can def go toe to toe with the heat

knicks4life33
04-09-2011, 05:26 PM
lil far fetched cinderella story but wouldnt mind it lol

mjokc
04-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Lol @ people saying denver "held back" against OKC. Yeah, that's how you boost confidence in beating a potential playoff opponent, you let them beat your *** twice in a row at your home and their home.

THE GIPPER
04-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Lol @ people saying denver "held back" against OKC. Yeah, that's how you boost confidence in beating a potential playoff opponent, you let them beat your *** twice in a row at your home and their home.

Ya i they didnt hold back lol nobody would do that we just got beat and were missing some guys

meloman1592
04-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Okc is the favorite but if JR turns it up, okc's goin down. Thats a biggg IF though cause we all know how jr gets

Yankees Suck
04-09-2011, 07:02 PM
If the Knicks make the finals I will stop watching basketball.

NYKSpiritBomb
04-09-2011, 07:19 PM
/thread

BRICKCITYPIMP12
04-09-2011, 10:26 PM
that would be great..haha
and as much as i am HUGE melo fan...i would want and love to see the nuggets win.
melo would be pissed and regret leaving and those guys (including the new nuggets that came from NY) would get a ring.

Maichan
04-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I say Knicks win. :3

JordansBulls
04-10-2011, 09:08 AM
In the playoffs I think the Knicks would fair better.

ne3xchamps
04-10-2011, 09:31 AM

well if it makes you feel any better and less confused, I hate ALL NY teams. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. Its just the whole Bos/NY thing. Plus teams like the arrogant jets, and the spanks, its pretty easy to hate NY teams.;)

ne3xchamps
04-10-2011, 09:33 AM
that would be great..haha
and as much as i am HUGE melo fan...i would want and love to see the nuggets win.
melo would be pissed and regret leaving and those guys (including the new nuggets that came from NY) would get a ring.

this scenario would be the definition of karma!! :laugh: