LeBron 26.9/7.8/6.6/51%
Rose 24.5/3.9/7.9/43%
Durant 28.1/7.1/2.0/43%
Bryant 23.3/4.2/3.9/45%
DWade 21.4/5.7/4.1/39%

Thoughts?

Hawkeye15
04-03-2011, 04:30 PM
what do those numbers represent exactly?

theheatles
04-03-2011, 04:31 PM
everyone looks about on par with their season averages except wades are inferrior to his season avgs

Sox Appeal
04-03-2011, 04:34 PM
what do those numbers represent exactly?

How well the top players play vs top defenses?

ManRam
04-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Do you have a link for this? Curious where you found this.

I mean, it looks about right. Nothing really stands out too much. Wade's #s are a bit meh but that's it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-03-2011, 04:50 PM
wrong numbers

AIsixersFK
04-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Against what defenses?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-03-2011, 09:02 PM
What are the defenses?

Chronz
04-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Rose is lucky he doesn't have to face the bulls

kozelkid
04-03-2011, 10:35 PM

:rolleyes:
And Lebron and Wade are lucky they don't have to face Miami's defense.

godolphins
04-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Wade numbers aren't quite there

pedrofan45
04-03-2011, 11:28 PM
cool lebron is the best player on the planet we all know this... the only threads worth talking about are threads that go against lebron being the best, which always gives me a little chuckle

Raps08-09 Champ
04-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Surprised that Lebron is 6% better than the next best.

valade16
04-03-2011, 11:52 PM

Jesus... Just some friendly advice, this Rose stuff is now bordering on hate man... Really.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-04-2011, 12:01 AM
So its Wades fault Miami does poorly against elite teams?

Raps08-09 Champ
04-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Jesus... Just some friendly advice, this Rose stuff is now bordering on hate man... Really.

Not really. He was just stating a difference between Rose and the others listed.

It's the same for Wade and Lebron that they do not have to face the Heat as they also have some good defense.

valade16
04-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Not really. He was just stating a difference between Rose and the others listed.

It's the same for Wade and Lebron that they do not have to face the Heat as they also have some good defense.

Yeah except he didn't say a thing about LeBron or Wade and only mentioned Rose specifically.

If he was truly talking about them why no mention of either of them and ONLY Rose? At best a deliberate admission and at worst hate...

Raps08-09 Champ
04-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Yeah except he didn't say a thing about LeBron or Wade and only mentioned Rose specifically.

If he was truly talking about them why no mention of either of them and ONLY Rose? At best a deliberate admission and at worst hate...

Not too sure but isn't Chicago's defense better than Miami?

Could be wrong though.

lakeshow3peat
04-04-2011, 12:48 AM
cool lebron is the best player on the planet we all know this... the only threads worth talking about are threads that go against lebron being the best, which always gives me a little chuckle

Whats best about Lebrons james game ? if he were the same player but in an average player like JJ redick or something like that would he still be thought as the best? I honestly think Lebron is just a Good player nothing less nothing more

valade16
04-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Not too sure but isn't Chicago's defense better than Miami?

Could be wrong though.

Not too sure but isn't the thread title top 5 defenses?

Could be wrong though.

Chronz
04-04-2011, 01:05 AM

Call it what you want to call it, I don't see it that way. Chicago is the best defensive team in the league, that you think I'm hating when I'm complimenting the TEAM is up to you

:rolleyes:
And Lebron and Wade are lucky they don't have to face Miami's defense.

Yes because clearly Bron isn't his teams best defender lmao. Aside from the fact that chicago has the best defensive schemes/efficiency with or without rose, the heat wouldn't be a top defensive team without bron, unless your trying to say bron is lucky he doesn't have a clone of himself out there, he wouldn't suffer from facing a depleted heat team.

anyways its a joke, its not like these stats condemn anyone, regular season stats as a whole matter

valade16
04-04-2011, 01:12 AM
^ you know your complimenting the team deliberately as a slight to Rose.

I may be young but I wasn't born yesterday sir...

ellesmeire
04-04-2011, 01:34 AM
PTS/REB/AST/FG%

LeBron 26.9/7.8/6.6/51%
Rose 24.5/3.9/7.9/43%
Durant 28.1/7.1/2.0/43%
Bryant 23.3/4.2/3.9/45%
DWade 21.4/5.7/4.1/39%

Thoughts?

and the all-important stat of record?

Raps08-09 Champ
04-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Not too sure but isn't the thread title top 5 defenses?

Could be wrong though.

Not too sure but isn't Chicago's defense is better than the Heat?

Actually, it is better.

So Rose not facing the leagues best defense compared to Lebron not facing the leagues 5th best defense is a big difference.

I don't get how you brought up hate into this thread when Chronz has stated more than once than Rose should be MVP.

Bullsfan22
04-04-2011, 03:02 AM
same suspects turning this into a rose thread..tisk tisk

kozelkid
04-04-2011, 03:22 AM

Actually, it is better.

So Rose not facing the leagues best defense compared to Lebron not facing the leagues 5th best defense is a big difference.

I don't get how you brought up hate into this thread when Chronz has stated more than once than Rose should be MVP.

Both have great defenses, so I don't see the point of it?

Yes because clearly Bron isn't his teams best defender lmao. Aside from the fact that chicago has the best defensive schemes/efficiency with or without rose, the heat wouldn't be a top defensive team without bron, unless your trying to say bron is lucky he doesn't have a clone of himself out there, he wouldn't suffer from facing a depleted heat team.

Never said Lebron wasn't. However, that has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is merely an observation on a player's OFFENSIVE production against top defensive teams. It's just another attempt at you to ***** about Rose. Seriously, grow up and let it go. You really are lowering the quality of your posts with your constant *****ing. LET IT GO.

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Jodie MEEEEEEEEEEKS!!!

But seriously, he's got a dirty 3-ball.

Purple&Gold24
04-04-2011, 03:56 AM

Never said Lebron wasn't. However, that has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is merely an observation on a player's OFFENSIVE production against top defensive teams. It's just another attempt at you to ***** about Rose. Seriously, grow up and let it go. You really are lowering the quality of your posts with your constant *****ing. LET IT GO.

cool sig :cool:

Chronz
04-04-2011, 03:03 PM
^ you know your complimenting the team deliberately as a slight to Rose.

I may be young but I wasn't born yesterday sir...

Explain how its a slight when Ive already acknowledge these stats do not condemn anyone? I was joking but the arguments against that joke are much funnier.

You dont see the point because your failing to account for the massively superior defensive impact Bron has on his teams defense vs Rose. Aside from the Bulls D already being superior to the Heat, the Bulls without Rose are still elite defensively, the Heat without Bron arent, therefor Bron is not the lucky one here, unless your saying hes lucky there arent 2 of him.

This is just more of your confusion, it has everything to do with this thread. The Heat without Bron arent in the top5 and he would have no problem facing Miami. If there were 2 Brons then hed be lucky he doesnt have to face himself.

kozelkid
04-04-2011, 03:42 PM
You dont see the point because your failing to account for the massively superior defensive impact Bron has on his teams defense vs Rose. Aside from the Bulls D already being superior to the Heat, the Bulls without Rose are still elite defensively, the Heat without Bron arent, therefor Bron is not the lucky one here, unless your saying hes lucky there arent 2 of him.

This is just more of your confusion, it has everything to do with this thread. The Heat without Bron arent in the top5 and he would have no problem facing Miami. If there were 2 Brons then hed be lucky he doesnt have to face himself.

You are missing the point of this thread. This isn't about any of these players' defensive abilities. None. It's what they can do offensively relative to top 5 defenses. Yes, Lebron has much more impact on his team defensively and is much better at that end. You will hear no arguments from on that.
This thread is about each player facing top 5 defenses, simple as that. So yes, it would be basically Lebron facing another Lebron if he played against Miami. In reality, the sample size for this sucks either way. However, the point of this thread is to grade out each players' performance against top defenses. So Rose has still done pretty damn well against top defenses like Miami and Boston. While Lebron against Chicago and Boston.

ChiSox219
04-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Let's just face the facts, Rose is the second coming.

SteveNash
04-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Just more proof LeBron deserves the MVP.

Hawkeye15
04-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Just more proof LeBron deserves the MVP.

but the "Decision"! boo hoo

Jewelz0376
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Why does it seem like almost every other thread in this forum consists of people arguing about Rose.... When will it end??? lol

Swashcuff
04-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Do you have a link for this? Curious where you found this.

I mean, it looks about right. Nothing really stands out too much. Wade's #s are a bit meh but that's it.

A poster on another forum posted this and said he basically worked em out on his own. He too did not have any links. This statistic is taken from another forum.

valade16
04-04-2011, 05:38 PM

Actually, it is better.

Big difference? The Bulls give up 91 and the Heat 95 ppg. That is a 5% difference in overall points given up. So take roses' avg and take off 5%.

Not as huge a difference as you are making it out to be bud.

godolphins
04-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Let's just face the facts, Rose is the second coming.
:laugh2:

SteveNash
04-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Why does it seem like almost every other thread in this forum consists of people arguing about Rose.... When will it end??? lol

Because people have taken a Monta Ellis level player and have tried to make him a Kobe level player.

ChiSox219
04-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Because people have taken a Monta Ellis level player and have tried to make him a Kobe level player.

Rose is on Kobe's level

http://bkref.com/tiny/ibdJ5

And I know you don't like stats so let's talk and view. Rose has a vast arsenal of mid to long range jumpers like Kobe.

Stepback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1YjOERSyjg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'd keep going but it's late

What?
04-05-2011, 01:22 AM
Call it what you want to call it, I don't see it that way. Chicago is the best defensive team in the league, that you think I'm hating when I'm complimenting the TEAM is up to you

anyways its a joke, its not like these stats condemn anyone, regular season stats as a whole matter

The heat had the 3rd best defensive efficiency last year without Lebron I doubt that would have changed this season:rolleyes:

In fact the Heats defensive efficiency is the exact same as last year...

KG2TB
04-05-2011, 01:23 AM

Miami had a top ranked defense last season without Bron...try again.

Jewelz0376
04-05-2011, 01:31 AM
The heat had the 3rd best defensive efficiency last year without Lebron I doubt that would have changed this season:rolleyes:

In fact the Heats defensive efficiency is the exact same as last year...

Miami had a top ranked defense last season without Bron...try again.

I was thinking the same thing when I read his post

ellesmeire
04-05-2011, 03:00 AM
got to love mario chalmers and dwayne wade backcourt, some mad good defensive skills, anyway its not about defense its about offensive success vs big teams, and just becasue lebron performs doesnt mean he should be MVP...in the end it does mean that Miami just doesnt have enough depth, I would like to know what wade's percentages are...