PDA

View Full Version : 4/3/11 - NBA Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

drobe86
04-03-2011, 09:21 PM
True. Technically you guys still have a shot at it, but I get what you mean. Bottom line is, the Mavs still need this game against the Blazers. Need to let the Blazers know that they can't outdo you guys. Got to set the tone.

I 100% agree with you on that... We still came out a little flat tonight. I think if we don't turn it over we will be fine... If we come out just shooting jump shots and not playing defense we'll get beat... The fact that we don't have Ty Chandler tonight doesn't help....

Punk
04-03-2011, 09:21 PM
So where is the Sixer fans that were getting excited about that 3 1/2 game lead over the Knicks? Because it's disappearing really quickly.

Punk
04-03-2011, 09:23 PM
In terms of draft picks, I'm sure the Knicks will get Brandon Knight or Jimmer who seem to be the favorites to fall out of the lottery bracket.

Double_D
04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
In terms of draft picks, I'm sure the Knicks will get Brandon Knight or Jimmer who seem to be the favorites to fall out of the lottery bracket.

idk i don't think they'll drop that far .... why don't you guys pick tristan thompson since you guys need size

Chi StateOfMind
04-03-2011, 09:32 PM
just got home from work and saw the lakers lost wow these nuggets are for real nice win

Punk
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
idk i don't think they'll drop that far .... why don't you guys pick tristan thompson since you guys need size

Because we also think we need a guy who can turn into the next Billups so to speak. Knight, Walker will do great things under Billups their mentor.

But we also do need size which we can get in free agency. So, It's a toss up.

allSUAVE
04-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I want Tyson Chandler on My Knicks, they better find a way to get him ...

This draft class is the weakest I've seen.

drobe86
04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
I want Tyson Chandler on My Knicks, they better find a way to get him ...

This draft class is the weakest I've seen.

That won't happen, Ty will be back with the Mavs.. We'll consider a trade for Haywood though lol....:)

Chi StateOfMind
04-03-2011, 10:07 PM
man if miami can take th 2 seed.....

miami vs knicks first round will be nice.....verrrryyyyy nice

jsimms92
04-03-2011, 10:11 PM
man if miami can take th 2 seed.....

miami vs knicks first round will be nice.....verrrryyyyy nice

thats what im hoping for i think the knicks have a better chance against miami
then the celtics not that either will be easy by any means it just seems like there more motivated and play harder against the heat

ManRam
04-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Portland is so legit...they look really good tonight.

Chi StateOfMind
04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
then the celtics not that either will be easy by any means it just seems like there more motivated and play harder against the heat

i hope the bulls playing the pacers and orlando or atlanta doesnt hurt us in the ECF.....but i feel like the knicks will get pumped to play the heat but u guys gotta play SOME defense lol otherwise wade and lebron will go OFF!!!!

CHANGO
04-03-2011, 10:23 PM
WOW... Mavs...

shep33
04-03-2011, 10:29 PM
If Dallas loses, this makes our loss to Denver almost okay.

shep33
04-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Dallas will make a run though thats for sure

shep33
04-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Portland matches up so well with Dallas that it's pretty scary.

Chandler vs. Camby
Dirk vs. LA
Wallace/Batum vs. Marion
Roy/Matthews vs. Beaubois/Terry
Miller/Mills vs. Kidd/Barea

SteBO
04-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Yeah I'd much rather avoid the Knicks, which is why I hope y'all will keep winning and grab the 6 seed, so we get Philly. I'm still sure we'd win, but it won't be easy by any stretch. The 'Melo-LeBron matchup would be fun to watch.

kingbrentg
04-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Portland will be a tough out in the playoffs.

shep33
04-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Portland vs. Dallas, if it happens in the first round will be interesting.

Right now Portland absolutely pounding Dallas

NBA_Starter
04-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Blazers win!

shep33
04-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Thank you Portland, haha your win helps us Laker fans out today. Continue to have space between us and Dallas. IMO Portland can upset the Mavs in 6.

IBleedPurple
04-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Chris Paul is going to be a Knick, he started this Whole Melo teaming up with Amar'e to form they own BIG 3 thing

I'd wait to see what the be salary cap/CBA is before calling that.

shep33
04-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Pretty amazing to think that Thursday night Dallas could've been the #2 seed in the west. Now they're 3 back of LA with the Thunder creeping up on them.

Arch Stanton
04-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Lol @ Knick fans cheering MVP for Amare at the game. They're a .500 win team. Good job finally beating the Cavs. 1-3 for the season. A valiant MVP performance.

allSUAVE
04-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Lol @ Knick fans cheering MVP for Amare at the game. They're a .500 win team. Good job finally beating the Cavs. 1-3 for the season. A valiant MVP performance.

Its call being loyal to your player, guy.

we all know he aiant MVP of the league ,but he's MVP to us.

Crackadalic
04-04-2011, 12:21 AM

They chant MVP for Monta Ellis so whats your point?

justinnum1
04-04-2011, 12:32 AM

So when your not hating on the heat, you hate on the knicks?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks Portland!

Arch Stanton
04-04-2011, 12:46 AM
So when your not hating on the heat, you hate on the knicks?

You love to throw around that word. Far from hating. No one can make a comment about the Heat and their sensitive fans. They're deemed as haters otherwise.

Arch Stanton
04-04-2011, 12:46 AM
They chant MVP for Monta Ellis so whats your point?

Golden State should be ashamed.

Arch Stanton
04-04-2011, 12:47 AM

Okay fair enough.

Dnovakovic099
04-04-2011, 01:07 AM

This. What you want them to cheer MVP for Rose or Dwight?

shep33
04-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks Portland!

Yeah, Portland's win over Dallas makes me actually really okay that we lost to Denver. I mean realistically, the Lakers couldn't keep that streak up. They looked tired and lazy today, very sloppy, give the Nuggets credit, but also just by means of history alone the Lakers were bound to lose soon. If they started the year at 17-1 they'd be 68-4 around this time of year lol. So yeah, history seems to always win.

Kobes a Killer
04-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Thanks Mavs. San An just needs to lose a few more

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-04-2011, 01:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG8tsM0iFAE&feature=player_embedded

Kobes a Killer
04-04-2011, 01:39 AM

Thats was gay

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-04-2011, 02:04 AM

eeeeeeeeeew:puke:

Punk
04-04-2011, 03:12 AM

First off, chants have been going all year long. Secondly, If you expect NBA fans to chant for Derrick Rose or Dwight instead, your really being stupid.

Secondly, .500 wins or not. We've played very well despite the ups and downs this season has provided. We've earned our stripes beating teams like Miami, Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, etc. Go be a troll somewhere else. Seriously.

DenButsu
04-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Nuggets Can't Keep all of those Guys.

Actually, it's quite possible that they can, and will.

I don't get the Anthony Carter jokes.

That was par for the course when he was a Nugget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YbuI9wBXDM

redwhitenblue
04-04-2011, 08:18 AM
First off, chants have been going all year long. Secondly, If you expect NBA fans to chant for Derrick Rose or Dwight instead, your really being stupid.

Secondly, .500 wins or not. We've played very well despite the ups and downs this season has provided. We've earned our stripes beating teams like Miami, Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, etc. Go be a troll somewhere else. Seriously.
You've earned a playoff sweep, maybe 1 playoff win.

A team that had to win 3 games just to reach .500 at this point of the season, that could very well end up below .500 by the end of the season, is not earning their stripes.

Arch Stanton
04-04-2011, 09:38 AM

Calm down. So what? The Cavs also beat Miami, Boston, LAL, and NYK 3 times. Should we start chanting MVP for Ryan Hollins? And if you read my other posts I said it was fine. I get it. The fans support and love him. I just thought that they underperformed. But I realize they've had some major changes to their team this year. A little sensitive?

danniboi168
04-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Actually, it's quite possible that they can, and will.

That was par for the course when he was a Nugget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YbuI9wBXDM

thanks for the video, carter has really turned it around in the knicks for now..

DenButsu
04-04-2011, 12:36 PM
thanks for the video, carter has really turned it around in the knicks for now..

To his credit, he always plays hard, and he can sometimes play a little beyond his real abilities because of that, and he'll have his moments. But at least when he was on the Nuggs, the more the team leaned on him (such as when he was our starting PG), the more his weaknesses were exposed. And when he was on the court, we were basicaly playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end. On the balance, his liabilities greatly outweighed his contributions.