PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes trash talks Jason Terry & Mavericks

LakersMaster24
04-02-2011, 06:57 PM
http://twitter.com/Matt_Barnes22/status/53944458080817153

"Me & the Golden St homies laid out the blueprint on how to beat Dallas.. "PUNK'EM" Aint $h!t changed homey.. So enough w/the small talk"

:D owned.

AllBall
04-02-2011, 07:00 PM
http://www.memorylast.net/content/graphics/animated-gifs/popcorn.gif

CityofTreez
04-02-2011, 07:01 PM
I love Matt Barnes, but he should really hush up at this point.

marvILLous
04-02-2011, 07:02 PM
hahahha nice

Iron24th
04-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Niiice Matt!

LayZbone
04-02-2011, 07:04 PM

"Me & the Golden St homies laid out the blueprint on how to beat Dallas.. "PUNK'EM" Aint $h!t changed homey.. So enough w/the small talk"

:laugh2: at Matt Barnes and your sig.

MattColby
04-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Cool guy. Barnes is a douche.

allSUAVE
04-02-2011, 07:10 PM
:jumpy:

John Walls Era
04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Hes right. Everyone knows this. Theres a reason why the had so many playoff struggles. Get a smaller, quicker and more physical player to guard Dirk to give him some trouble (Stephen Jackson).

knightstemplar
04-02-2011, 07:21 PM
:burn::ouch: he got owned

Eg714
04-02-2011, 07:30 PM
What a tough guy

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 07:33 PM
http://www.memorylast.net/content/graphics/animated-gifs/popcorn.gif

hahahahahah! funny

Lolwut?
04-02-2011, 07:38 PM
:laugh:

Shareeb_omac2
04-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah... Matt Barnes boasting because Baron Davis single handedly destroyed the Mavericks.

Correct me if I am wrong but since then Matt Barnes has been bouncing around between contending teams and coming up short.

thaShady
04-02-2011, 07:55 PM
its funny cuz its true

thaShady
04-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Dallas lost in the 1st round when Dirk was MVp

LA_Raiders
04-02-2011, 08:08 PM
lol, so true

FuriousJatt
04-02-2011, 08:08 PM
lol loved it

RaiderLakersA's
04-02-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it was in response to JET saying something equally disparaging to the media about Matt after the loss. Frankly, I think both men should be quiet. Let your game and the win-loss column speak for you.

shep33
04-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Terry's response to the incident via a radio show.

"I call Barnes the Charminator," said Terry. "You know what that is? That is a guy that's soft as Charmin' toilet paper. It's not only that he's a Pac-10 guy and he's a [UCLA] Bruin, and so you know we hate those guys -- us [Arizona] Wildcats, we hate Bruins. I don't care who you are. Whenever you don that uniform, I can't stand you, other than Reggie Miller. Barnes, I remember you when you were at Golden State, you're a journeyman. You put on that Laker uniform and you turn into Jerry West, Kareem, and Worthy, and Magic. Those are the real Lakers, not Barnes."

Barnes' response... unfortunately Terry forgot that Barnes played for that Gstate team that knocked Dallas out.

"I'm not worried about what he's talking about," Barnes said. "In Golden State we showed how to beat Dallas. You take it right to their chin and they back down. I don't see that nothing's changed since then so hopefully we see them again."

I actually like this, gonna give the series (if they meet up) so real heat. Should be good.

shep33
04-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Like I said, it's good for the game in reality, we need more of this. Trashtalking leads to better effort on both sides IMO

ragee
04-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Hes right. Everyone knows this. Theres a reason why the had so many playoff struggles. Get a smaller, quicker and more physical player to guard Dirk to give him some trouble (Stephen Jackson).

You mean get 3 players to guard Dirk? If that's so easy, why haven't anyone stopped Dirk in the playoffs other than that series and maybe the Heat series which is the ONLY series where he choked??

Crackadalic
04-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Terry's response to the incident via a radio show.

"I call Barnes the Charminator," said Terry. "You know what that is? That is a guy that's soft as Charmin' toilet paper. It's not only that he's a Pac-10 guy and he's a [UCLA] Bruin, and so you know we hate those guys -- us [Arizona] Wildcats, we hate Bruins. I don't care who you are. Whenever you don that uniform, I can't stand you, other than Reggie Miller. Barnes, I remember you when you were at Golden State, you're a journeyman. You put on that Laker uniform and you turn into Jerry West, Kareem, and Worthy, and Magic. Those are the real Lakers, not Barnes."

Barnes' response... unfortunately Terry forgot that Barnes played for that Gstate team that knocked Dallas out.

"I'm not worried about what he's talking about," Barnes said. "In Golden State we showed how to beat Dallas. You take it right to their chin and they back down. I don't see that nothing's changed since then so hopefully we see them again."

I actually like this, gonna give the series (if they meet up) so real heat. Should be good.

I hope the meet sometime in the playoffs.

Public Enemy #1
04-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Lakers don't have a player like Jackson to stop Dirka Dirka. lol Lakers would most likely still win the series anyways. Its always funny when players trash talk through the media, hopefully they meet up in the playoffs. Intensity and hatred always make a playoff series better

Chacarron
04-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Talk is cheap. Glad the Lakers use actions as well, unlike the Mavs.

tredigs
04-02-2011, 09:34 PM
That's some truth-be-told right there. Punk Dallas, and they buckle. Dubs did it and it worked. Shrug

clutchski
04-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Wow and through a twitter post?! Real balls there.

DenButsu
04-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Barnes may be right about Dallas.

But he had zero to do with GSW beating them.

And he's such a fake tough guy poser. No, douchebag, a goatee does not make you more macho.

knightstemplar
04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Barnes may be right about Dallas.

But he had zero to do with GSW beating them.

And he's such a fake tough guy poser. No, douchebag, a goatee does not make you more macho.

barnes had 16/11/7 in game 6 win

DenButsu
04-02-2011, 10:22 PM
barnes had 16/11/7 in game 6 win

Okay, change "nothing" to "little".

But the point stands - he's trying to make it sound as if he singlehandedly beat the Mavericks purely with his (supposed) badassitude. What a joke. What a clown.

Bullsfan22
04-02-2011, 11:10 PM
haha good stuff

Storch
04-03-2011, 01:13 AM
I just think it's funny that the Mavs are being bothered by Matt Barnes, he's still a nobody. Don't get me wrong I like the guy as a Laker role player off the bench, but he's no star and he's getting all this attention and getting people all hot and heated. The mavs should just turn the other way and not let Matt Barnes instigate.

championships
04-03-2011, 01:32 AM
He is right though. Look Terry is already all flustered. Push around the Mavs a little and they lose it. Explains why they can continue to win 50+ games a season only to wither away in the playoffs year after year. Things get a little more physical in the playoffs.

LakersMaster24
04-03-2011, 01:53 AM
He is right though. Look Terry is already all flustered. Push around the Mavs a little and they lose it. Explains why they can continue to win 50+ games a season only to wither away in the playoffs year after year. Things get a little more physical in the playoffs.

You have the best avatar. Ever.

asandhu23
04-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Well... Matt Barnes was right. Mavs lost to my Warriors tonight :D

Mudvayne91
04-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Not a fan of either players, but especially Terry. Always has this bad attitude look and only wants to shoot the ball.

championships
04-03-2011, 02:40 AM
You have the best avatar. Ever.

Thanks. Props to Lakers4sho for letting me use it. :D

bulls_world23
04-03-2011, 02:43 AM
:laugh2:

rabueed
04-03-2011, 02:59 AM

But the point stands - he's trying to make it sound as if he singlehandedly beat the Mavericks purely with his (supposed) badassitude. What a joke. What a clown.

I have to disagree with you to an extent. While I don't think Barnes is any kind of superstar, his sole purpose on any team is bring energy off the bench and to back up his teammates and get them motivated. IMO, he provided that perfectly in that Dallas game and with all his trash talk. He's supposed to get under his skin, that's why we signed him.

With a player like Barnes, his talents both in basketball and attitude is what makes him loved by the team he's on and hated by the opposing team. The way I see it, he already derailed (not completely destroyed) Dallas's chances against the Lakers simply by irritating them.

All that said, I don't like media trash talk. Do what you want on the court, but the media back-and-forth is pathetic.

P.S. say what you want about the guy, but he is a well rounded player, filling up his stats and doing all the intangibles. I don't think you can deny that.

drobe86
04-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Matt Barnes is garbage. Dudes on a different team every season and serves no real purpose. We're talking about a fringe guy that won't be in the NBA in 2-3 years. On paper and in the media it looks good, but dude really couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. What kind of man pushes a guy from behind and then runs up the sideline telling his teammates to hold him back lol... He's a transition dude. Meaning he's gangsta all the way up until its time to fight forreal, and then he fades into the background....

drobe86
04-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I have to disagree with you to an extent. While I don't think Barnes is any kind of superstar, his sole purpose on any team is bring energy off the bench and to back up his teammates and get them motivated. IMO, he provided that perfectly in that Dallas game and with all his trash talk. He's supposed to get under his skin, that's why we signed him.

With a player like Barnes, his talents both in basketball and attitude is what makes him loved by the team he's on and hated by the opposing team. The way I see it, he already derailed (not completely destroyed) Dallas's chances against the Lakers simply by irritating them.

All that said, I don't like media trash talk. Do what you want on the court, but the media back-and-forth is pathetic.

P.S. say what you want about the guy, but he is a well rounded player, filling up his stats and doing all the intangibles. I don't think you can deny that.

Filling up the stats? The man averages 6 points and 4 rebounds a game... I didn't know that qualified as well rounded? I know he's on your team, but dudes garbage

DenButsu
04-03-2011, 11:19 AM

If by "well rounded", you mean "totally f---ing average in nearly every way possible", then yes, he is a totally f---ing average player.

A giant killer in the postseason, though?

Hell no. And the fact that he thinks he is just makes him all the more the douchy clown.

And even if he is right about Dallas being "soft", which I'll concede that he is, it doesn't make him "hard" -- he's not tough (except for in his own tiny little mind), and really, while he can be a serviceable role player on any NBA team, for him to think he's more than that (and he obviously does think so) is just a joke.

DenButsu
04-03-2011, 11:32 AM
By the way, allow me to beat Nuggs critics to the punch:

Yes, Chris Andersen is a douchebag, too, and a clown, and I don't mind acknowledging it. He's a total doofus. The main difference I'd delineate between him and Barnes, though, is just that he's more restrained off the court.

rabueed
04-03-2011, 11:45 AM
If by "well rounded", you mean "totally f---ing average in nearly every way possible", then yes, he is a totally f---ing average player.

A giant killer in the postseason, though?

Hell no. And the fact that he thinks he is just makes him all the more the douchy clown.

And even if he is right about Dallas being "soft", which I'll concede that he is, it doesn't make him "hard" -- he's not tough (except for in his own tiny little mind), and really, while he can be a serviceable role player on any NBA team, for him to think he's more than that (and he obviously does think so) is just a joke.

I'm sorry, I should have specified a little more. He's a well rounded player for a guy who comes off the bench and plays 20 minutes per game. He's no Lebron James, I never said that. Lebron James is a well rounded superstar. Matt Barnes is a well rounded player who gives his team whatever they might need at the time being. He does the little things along with filling up the stats, motivating his team, and getting everyone fired up. He's a good role player.

I never claimed him to be a giant killer. I agree with you on that part. He's no superstar by any means. While he deserves some credit for knocking those Mavs that year, he was easily replaceable.

On another note, I'm not sure Barnes thinks himself to be a giant killer. I think he was just trying to get under Terry's skin. When it comes to trash talking, you can't take it all literally. Is he a douchebag? Yes. That's partially what teams sign him for though.

allSUAVE
04-03-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KITdvmZBxw&feature=player_embedded

DenButsu
04-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry, I should have specified a little more. He's a well rounded player for a guy who comes off the bench and plays 20 minutes per game. He's no Lebron James, I never said that. Lebron James is a well rounded superstar. Matt Barnes is a well rounded player who gives his team whatever they might need at the time being. He does the little things along with filling up the stats, motivating his team, and getting everyone fired up. He's a good role player.

I never claimed him to be a giant killer. I agree with you on that part. He's no superstar by any means. While he deserves some credit for knocking those Mavs that year, he was easily replaceable.

On another note, I'm not sure Barnes thinks himself to be a giant killer. I think he was just trying to get under Terry's skin. When it comes to trash talking, you can't take it all literally. Is he a douchebag? Yes. That's partially what teams sign him for though.

If I could boil down the point I want to make to one sentence:

The extent of the trash Barnes is talking about Dallas, which is huge, is WAY out of proportion to the quality or importance or impact of the player he is, which is minimal at best.

Which makes him a fool.

(Okay, sorry, that was two sentences).

rabueed
04-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Filling up the stats? The man averages 6 points and 4 rebounds a game... I didn't know that qualified as well rounded? I know he's on your team, but dudes garbage

Of course I'm going to defend him because he's on my team, I wouldn't be in this thread otherwise.

I should have indicated that he's a well rounded player for coming off the bench and playing 20 minutes per game. He plays above average defense, can decently shoot the long ball, and is literally everywhere on the court. He does the intangibles, and he riles up our team. That, IMO, is what a bench player should be doing.

I never said he was a superstar, though. So you can take that out of any argument against me. A well rounded player doesn't indicate superstar status. It means that he's one of few people who can do it all on the court.

rabueed
04-03-2011, 12:02 PM
If I could boil down the point I want to make to one sentence:

The extent of the trash Barnes is talking about Dallas, which is huge, is WAY out of proportion to the quality or importance or impact of the player he is, which is minimal at best.

Which makes him a fool.

(Okay, sorry, that was two sentences).

Agreed. I still think, however, that he wasn't trying to be literal. He was trying to get under Terry's skin.

Now, if he was being literal and he actually thought his role was huge in removing the Mavs from championship contention that year, then yeah, he's an idiot.

anyways, we agree for the most part, Den. Be ready for Barnes today against Denver. :D

tredigs
04-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Um no, he didn't allude to that at all. He specifically mentioned the team and how they rattled them. He was saying some "tough guy" comments, but that's just how Barnes operates.

And I have way more respect for Barnes in that situation than I do for Terry's dumbass pushing a player off his center going to the rim - for NO reason. How could you not?

And Barnes had many, many important situations in Golden States bouncing of the Mavs. You really don't know what you're talking about here dude.

drobe86
04-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Of course I'm going to defend him because he's on my team, I wouldn't be in this thread otherwise.

I should have indicated that he's a well rounded player for coming off the bench and playing 20 minutes per game. He plays above average defense, can decently shoot the long ball, and is literally everywhere on the court. He does the intangibles, and he riles up our team. That, IMO, is what a bench player should be doing.

I never said he was a superstar, though. So you can take that out of any argument against me. A well rounded player doesn't indicate superstar status. It means that he's one of few people who can do it all on the court.

Ok so if he's so well rounded why has he played for 6 or 7 teams? Why can't he stick with a team for more than 1 year? If he's everywhere on the court, can shoot, and play defense why doesn't he ever stick around on a team? Why does he bounce around from team to team signing 1 year deals and making the NBA minimum? For a guy thats the 11th or 12th man off the bench he's decent. But nothing more nothing less....

DenButsu
04-03-2011, 12:25 PM
He was saying some "tough guy" comments, but that's just how Barnes operates.

And what I'm saying is that for a guy who's not actually tough to make tough guy comments is really damn douchy.

DoubleDragon
04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
It's just trash talk. Hated it when he did it against Kobe when he was on the Magic.
Love it that he's now on the Lakers (to be honest) Watching every Laker game he's been in, love him or hate him, goon or not, he brings value to our second unit by bringing energy and defensive mindedness. Is he a superstar? no, I don't think that's in question. Is he a punk? well yes, but he's our punk (I mean everybody defends their teams "punks"). But...glad he's here, like his energy, and if he's going to pick a situation to react in in a game, let it be Terry (who for all intents and purpose, is also a punk). Most teams have at least one (on purpose). that's just the truth. And most fans whether they admit it or not, love it when the punk is talking for their team, and will hate 'em when he does it against their team in the past or future.

play off basketball baby. Gotta love it. Remember, these trash talking goons are mostly kids. They get pissed, then go home an #%*** Tweet everything. It's all ridiculous. Whatever.

rabueed
04-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Ok so if he's so well rounded why has he played for 6 or 7 teams? Why can't he stick with a team for more than 1 year? If he's everywhere on the court, can shoot, and play defense why doesn't he ever stick around on a team? Why does he bounce around from team to team signing 1 year deals and making the NBA minimum? For a guy thats the 11th or 12th man off the bench he's decent. But nothing more nothing less....

This is where I say hate kicking in. If we can't be reasonable in a discussion, then no point in my involvement.

Retract your statement, and I'll respond to your post.

drobe86
04-03-2011, 12:56 PM
This is where I say hate kicking in. If we can't be reasonable in a discussion, then no point in my involvement.

Hate? Whats to hate on a guy that been on 10 teams in 8 years? His longest tenure with an NBA team is the Warriors for 2 years. This guy spent time as a d leaguer whats to hate on? Heres a guy that been signed for 10 day contracts lol... Seriously man people hate on Kobe, Lebron, Rose etc... But Matt Barnes? This guy won't be in the NBA in 2 years...

drobe86
04-03-2011, 01:00 PM

Its all good bro, but I'd really like to hear your rationale on this one. Please amuse me on how Matt Barnes is a good player when his journeyman track record, and career statistics say otherwise.

Chapin78
04-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Some of you guys just hate on Matt Barnes. Guy is talking a little trash thats it. I don't see the big deal especially from the Mavs fans in here. He punked your team so what. You may not like him but he is actually a decent player he comes off the bench and is a spark. The guy gets less then 20 minutes a game and produces. Before you talk trash about a guy do your work and don't just throw numbers out there about how many years hes been in the league and teams hes played for. The guy may bounce around but he always lands on a team. That should say something about him being a baller. He is no superstar and your not building your team around him but he serves his role.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/matt_barnes/career_stats.html

junion
04-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Wow and through a twitter post?! Real balls there.

I agree, It's not like Matt Barnes would talk **** to Jason Terry's face or get into a scuffle with him or anything ...

shep33
04-03-2011, 01:20 PM
he's talking a little trash there is no harm in it whatsoever. Actually its more of an advantage for the Mavs if they use it as motivation... Problem is Terry has made several comments about the Lakers this year. Whether or not the Lakers actually listen to him is another question haha, jk.

Anyways good for the playoffs

RaiderLakersA's
04-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I can't believe this thread went 4 pages deep. So what have we learned? Anything new or groundbreaking about either JET or Barnes? No. Any profound insights or tea leaf revelations about either the Lakers or Mavs? No. Years from now can we look back and point to this back and forth as THE defining moment in the season or the history of the NBA for that matter? No.

This is why I say it's pointless to trash talk through the media. Let your game speak for you. But simple minds have simple ends.

rabueed
04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Its all good bro, but I'd really like to hear your rationale on this one. Please amuse me on how Matt Barnes is a good player when his journeyman track record, and career statistics say otherwise.

You stated that he's a 11th or 12th man on any team. He started for Orlando not too long ago, and is the second best bench player on our team. I understand you think him to be a D-league player, but history has proven him to be more than an 11th or 12th player, regardless of what you think of him. That's fact.

If you look at his career stats per 48 minutes, he averages roughly 17 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks, and 1 steal. He averages 45% FG, and 33% 3pt FG. Now I'm not saying that if he played 48 minutes, he could hold those stats. But the guy knows how to get the most out of the playing time he is given.

And for you to say that he won't be in the league in 2 years has absolutely no foundation. The guy has been on championship contenders in recent memory (not something that's easy to do). IMO, a bench player under the current CBA shouldn't earn more than 7 mil per year max. Barnes, if you recall, would have earned 5 mil per year had he signed with the Raptors. Yet, he chose to sign with a championship contender for 2 mil per year.

The reason he can't seem to stick to a team is because he thinks he is worth more than he is being offered. It's a fault of several players in the NBA. You can't deny his worth, though. He's a bench player, no doubt, and good one at that. Never a superstar, but BENCH player. He knows how to contribute to a team, and your denial in that has no basis and is pure frustration. You're angry about the Dallas game against LA. You think him a punk, and that's fine. He is. But remember, Terry started it all. He talked trash before the game, during the game, and after the game. He shoved Blake first.

da wood
04-03-2011, 02:05 PM
you know i sit here an listen to everyone calling matt a punk and all but i bet none of yall wanna see him and just the fact that he was the first guy to come to the defense of the guy that got pushed down that means he has his teams back and i would want a guy like that on my team any day. and for the record i was at the game. and everything dallas was getting punked that night from the team to the fans. that **** was so funny. and just so he know matt was right if you watched that series between dallas and the city matt was in josh howards *** and if you remember it was the dirk and josh show.

drobe86
04-03-2011, 03:07 PM
You stated that he's a 11th or 12th man on any team. He started for Orlando not too long ago, and is the second best bench player on our team. I understand you think him to be a D-league player, but history has proven him to be more than an 11th or 12th player, regardless of what you think of him. That's fact.

If you look at his career stats per 48 minutes, he averages roughly 17 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks, and 1 steal. He averages 45% FG, and 33% 3pt FG. Now I'm not saying that if he played 48 minutes, he could hold those stats. But the guy knows how to get the most out of the playing time he is given.

And for you to say that he won't be in the league in 2 years has absolutely no foundation. The guy has been on championship contenders in recent memory (not something that's easy to do). IMO, a bench player under the current CBA shouldn't earn more than 7 mil per year max. Barnes, if you recall, would have earned 5 mil per year had he signed with the Raptors. Yet, he chose to sign with a championship contender for 2 mil per year.

The reason he can't seem to stick to a team is because he thinks he is worth more than he is being offered. It's a fault of several players in the NBA. You can't deny his worth, though. He's a bench player, no doubt, and good one at that. Never a superstar, but BENCH player. He knows how to contribute to a team, and your denial in that has no basis and is pure frustration. You're angry about the Dallas game against LA. You think him a punk, and that's fine. He is. But remember, Terry started it all. He talked trash before the game, during the game, and after the game. He shoved Blake first.

First off lets get this straight. The Lakers won the game fair and square and I have no resentment at all. We were coming off a back to back on the road in the middle of a west coast road trip. The Lakers were the better team that night and deserved the win. That being said Jet made a frustration foul, and should have gotten a flagrant foul (which he did). But, the problem is Barnes comes over and pushes jet from behind, then makes a huge scene while running up the sideline and pretending to want to engage in a fight. Jet stood his ground the entire time, Barnes made this big scene like he wanted to do something, but in reality he wanted none.

As for his career, you say I think him to be a d leaguer. What you don't understand is he was in the d league lol.... What you don't understand is he is a 10 day contract guy... It's happened twice to be exact. He's your guy and I respect your opinion. But he is what he is. And I know for a fact that he's a below average player. I know that much because he's played for so many teams. If he was as valuable and brings so much as you say he does, then teams would realize that and actually want to keep him formore than 10 days or 1 season. That's all I'm saying....

rabueed
04-03-2011, 03:26 PM
First off lets get this straight. The Lakers won the game fair and square and I have no resentment at all. We were coming off a back to back on the road in the middle of a west coast road trip. The Lakers were the better team that night and deserved the win. That being said Jet made a frustration foul, and should have gotten a flagrant foul (which he did). But, the problem is Barnes comes over and pushes jet from behind, then makes a huge scene while running up the sideline and pretending to want to engage in a fight. Jet stood his ground the entire time, Barnes made this big scene like he wanted to do something, but in reality he wanted none.

As for his career, you say I think him to be a d leaguer. What you don't understand is he was in the d league lol.... What you don't understand is he is a 10 day contract guy... It's happened twice to be exact. He's your guy and I respect your opinion. But he is what he is. And I know for a fact that he's a below average player. I know that much because he's played for so many teams. If he was as valuable and brings so much as you say he does, then teams would realize that and actually want to keep him formore than 10 days or 1 season. That's all I'm saying....

For your first paragraph, all that may be so. However, he didn't start it. You don't know if he wanted some or not. You don't know the guy. No one does. No one knows among us who's a ***** and who's not in this league. My main point on this paragraph is that He stood up for his teammates, and I admire that and am glad he is on my team. Also, he didn't instigate it, even though he may have dragged it on. Two key points.

As for your second paragraph, I said you think him to be a D league player now. He is above that level now. What he may have been is done and gone, he is capable of playing at the level he is playing at now. Then you say that you know for a fact that he is a below average player and you base that on the amount of teams he's been on? I explained that part of the discussion. Now explain to me why you base him as a below average player vs. what is expected from him? He is playing at a level I expected of him. I didn't expect a superstar. But if you give me all the bench players in this league (roughly 300), I would place him in the top 100, no doubt. And since there are 450 players in this league (150 starters, 300 bench), then he falls in the 150-250 area. Therefore, I would definitely say he is above average or average as a player.

You keep talking about his stint on the D-league and his 10 day contracts, but what you fail to mention is his growth as a player since. If you think Barnes is a "11th or 12th" guy off the bench, then so be it. I'm not trying to waver your opinion of him. I just want you to acknowledge that he should be held at a higher regard as a player than you hold him now. And if you don't, show me why, other than # of teams and D-league play. Those two arguments have been proven useless.

drobe86
04-03-2011, 03:56 PM
For your first paragraph, all that may be so. However, he didn't start it. You don't know if he wanted some or not. You don't know the guy. No one does. No one knows among us who's a ***** and who's not in this league. My main point on this paragraph is that He stood up for his teammates, and I admire that and am glad he is on my team. Also, he didn't instigate it, even though he may have dragged it on. Two key points.

As for your second paragraph, I said you think him to be a D league player now. He is above that level now. What he may have been is done and gone, he is capable of playing at the level he is playing at now. Then you say that you know for a fact that he is a below average player and you base that on the amount of teams he's been on? I explained that part of the discussion. Now explain to me why you base him as a below average player vs. what is expected from him? He is playing at a level I expected of him. I didn't expect a superstar. But if you give me all the bench players in this league (roughly 300), I would place him in the top 100, no doubt. And since there are 450 players in this league (150 starters, 300 bench), then he falls in the 150-250 area. Therefore, I would definitely say he is above average or average as a player.

You keep talking about his stint on the D-league and his 10 day contracts, but what you fail to mention is his growth as a player since. If you think Barnes is a "11th or 12th" guy off the bench, then so be it. I'm not trying to waver your opinion of him. I just want you to acknowledge that he should be held at a higher regard as a player than you hold him now. And if you don't, show me why, other than # of teams and D-league play. Those two arguments have been proven useless.

Ok you keep saying that my arguments are proven useless, yet you won't tell me why he can't STICK with a team for more than 1 year. So if you are coaching and you have a bench player that you think is good or above average as you say. You wouldn't want to keep him? You're the one who said I should hold him to higher regard lol.. Why isn't he a starter? If he has such a great per 48 why don't they give him more minutes? We can go back and forth with this all day. I'm just trying to get you to see that you are blinded by the fact that Barnes plays for your team. And he's more in the 225-300 range. How can you put him in the 150 or so range when you got guys like the JEt, Jamal Crawford, Lamar Odom, and etc. who are front runners for 6th man of the year EVERY Year.

As for your statement about me not knowing what he really wanted to do. You really think he's a fighter? The reason I know for a fact that he didn't want to fight because he pulls that same crap every game. All the times he's done that he should have been in a few fights by now. But to my surprise he's been in none. Guys like Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, Raja Bell, Kendrick Perkins, KG those guys are really about that action. They don't push people and then run away and go down the sideline lol.....

Jenceman
04-03-2011, 03:58 PM
He already has said why he hasn't stuck with a team. Barnes overvalued himself, so Orlando didn't want to resign him. It would help if you read.

drobe86
04-03-2011, 04:18 PM
He already has said why he hasn't stuck with a team. Barnes overvalued himself, so Orlando didn't want to resign him. It would help if you read.

Problem is he shouldn't have to overrvalue himself. Teams should do that for him. But they don't because players like him come a dime a dozen. Anybody can go out there start crap and then run down the sideline. Then get thrown out of the game and throw my jersey in the stands. People think Barnes is gangsta because he has alot of tattos lol... If he was really like that he would have thrown a punch and got it going... Not running behind his teammates saying hold me back lol....

rabueed
04-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Ok you keep saying that my arguments are proven useless, yet you won't tell me why he can't STICK with a team for more than 1 year. So if you are coaching and you have a bench player that you think is good or above average as you say. You wouldn't want to keep him? You're the one who said I should hold him to higher regard lol.. Why isn't he a starter? If he has such a great per 48 why don't they give him more minutes? We can go back and forth with this all day. I'm just trying to get you to see that you are blinded by the fact that Barnes plays for your team. And he's more in the 225-300 range. How can you put him in the 150 or so range when you got guys like the JEt, Jamal Crawford, Lamar Odom, and etc. who are front runners for 6th man of the year EVERY Year.

As for your statement about me not knowing what he really wanted to do. You really think he's a fighter? The reason I know for a fact that he didn't want to fight because he pulls that same crap every game. All the times he's done that he should have been in a few fights by now. But to my surprise he's been in none. Guys like Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, Raja Bell, Kendrick Perkins, KG those guys are really about that action. They don't push people and then run away and go down the sideline lol.....

You are clearly not reading a word I'm typing. I'm not gonna say anymore. :rolleyes:

Lim
04-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I can't believe this thread went 4 pages deep. So what have we learned? Anything new or groundbreaking about either JET or Barnes? No. Any profound insights or tea leaf revelations about either the Lakers or Mavs? No. Years from now can we look back and point to this back and forth as THE defining moment in the season or the history of the NBA for that matter? No.

This is why I say it's pointless to trash talk through the media. Let your game speak for you. But simple minds have simple ends.

ur doing it wrong.

Hate? Whats to hate on a guy that been on 10 teams in 8 years? His longest tenure with an NBA team is the Warriors for 2 years. This guy spent time as a d leaguer whats to hate on? Heres a guy that been signed for 10 day contracts lol... Seriously man people hate on Kobe, Lebron, Rose etc... But Matt Barnes? This guy won't be in the NBA in 2 years...

i don't know what kind of crack u are smoking but he will be in the NBA in 2 years. I will happily bet with u if u want. I swear every time i read one of ur posts ur saying some dumb ****

drobe86
04-03-2011, 05:51 PM
ur doing it wrong.

i don't know what kind of crack u are smoking but he will be in the NBA in 2 years. I will happily bet with u if u want. I swear every time i read one of ur posts ur saying some dumb ****

Whatever.. You can sit around and believe Matt Barnes is some great player if you want. He's a journeyman that's been on 10 different teams in his 8 year career. He's not productive, and doesn't really serve a purpose other than being a 10th or 11th guy off the bench. We can sig bet it but don't be shocked if he's out of the league in a year or two. I hate to be bearer of bad news, but this guys not good, and if he was he could find a home for longer than a year......

Lakers + Giants
04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Edit. . .wrong thread.

Lim
04-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Whatever.. You can sit around and believe Matt Barnes is some great player if you want. He's a journeyman that's been on 10 different teams in his 8 year career. He's not productive, and doesn't really serve a purpose other than being a 10th or 11th guy off the bench. We can sig bet it but don't be shocked if he's out of the league in a year or two. I hate to be bearer of bad news, but this guys not good, and if he was he could find a home for longer than a year......

I'm not trying to claim hes some great player. but u saying that he wont be in the league in 2 years is laughable. he's serviceable in many ways, the only way hes not in the league in 2 years is if he has a career ending injury.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Matt Barnes has played for all 32 NBA Teams and every WNBA team and a few Canadian Teams. He transferred to every college and played ball there as well.

Lakers fans are classy. Good to know.

godolphins
04-03-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't expect anything else from Matt

Lake_Show2416
04-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Matt Barnes has played for all 32 NBA Teams and every WNBA team and a few Canadian Teams. He transferred to every college and played ball there as well.

Lakers fans are classy. Good to know.

Mr. Classy there isn't 32 teams in the NBA