PDA

View Full Version : If the Grizzlies make the Playoffs...

NetsPaint
04-02-2011, 06:32 PM
do they have a better chance of beating the Spurs than the Thunder had of beating the Lakers?

I think so. I also think the Grizzlies even has a chance at beating the Lakers. Even though they don't have Rudy Gay, they're playing seemingly just as well.

210Don
04-02-2011, 06:32 PM
lol no.

Rego247
04-02-2011, 06:46 PM
lol no.

this.

PhillyFaninLA
04-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I think the Grizzlies would have a slim chance at winning an opening tip off.

Hellcrooner
04-02-2011, 06:54 PM
is duncan back?

if he is back grizz have 0 chance.

But who says they are playing Spurs?

Grizz can end up as high as 6th seed.

Spurs can fall down to second.

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 06:55 PM
www dot no dot com :eyebrow:

Bruno
04-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't think the Grizz stand a chance without Gay. Gay would have at least made it interesting.

The Jokemaker
04-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Well apparently nobody has been paying attention to thsi team recently. The team without Gay has beaten the Mavs, Spurs, Celtics, and Hornets recently. They could very well upset the Spurs and at the very least will take it 6 or 7 games. This is a good team but then again I doubt anybody on here has seen them play for more than two games.

And when the Spurs had Duncan when they played 3/1, the Grizz won by 16.

JRisdabest
04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
they wont get 1 win

NetsPaint
04-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Well apparently nobody has been paying attention to thsi team recently. The team without Gay has beaten the Mavs, Spurs, Celtics, and Hornets recently. They could very well upset the Spurs and at the very least will take it 6 or 7 games. This is a good team but then again I doubt anybody on here has seen them play for more than two games.

Which is why I asked. They've been upsetting teams since last season and are better now even without Gay.

Of course, Playoffs could be a different story, but some people need to pay attention.

The BodyGuard
04-02-2011, 07:25 PM
www dot no dot com :eyebrow:

Was That supposed to be funny? ?

But any team can have a chance on a upset. Like I say Spurs, Mavs, Heat will lose in the 1st rd. But you neva kno tho..

The Jokemaker
04-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Which is why I asked. They've been upsetting teams since last season and are better now even without Gay.

Of course, Playoffs could be a different story, but some people need to pay attention.

It's a good question but without any knowledge on the team it's impossible for one to provide an intelligent answer. I've followed the Grizz since they've been in Memphis and this year's teams is one of the better teams they've ever had. Very balanced and very deep with veteran leaders.

At the very least this team will get the first playoff win in franchise history this season.

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Was That supposed to be funny? ?

But any team can have a chance on a upset. Like I say Spurs, Mavs, Heat will lose in the 1st rd. But you neva kno tho..

No :shrug: ???

WHODAT8o8
04-02-2011, 08:27 PM
lol no.

as much as i agree with you, you are the biggest homer i have ever seen.

John Walls Era
04-02-2011, 08:28 PM
They should just lose all their remaining games. ROckets have a chance... Memphis has 0 chance.

Cano4prez
04-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Not without Gay

The Jokemaker
04-02-2011, 08:37 PM
They should just lose all their remaining games. ROckets have a chance... Memphis has 0 chance.

Shame Houston isn't good enough to make it to the playoffs. Pity how that works out.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-02-2011, 09:03 PM
No because the Grizz won't have Gay.

knightstemplar
04-02-2011, 09:50 PM
grizz aint beatin nobody

regular season doesnt = playoffs by the way in case you didnt know

Lake_Show2416
04-02-2011, 10:10 PM
compared to the other teams in the west, the Grizz would pretty much be a bye series

The Jokemaker
04-02-2011, 10:17 PM
compared to the other teams in the west, the Grizz would pretty much be a bye series

We'll see.

topdog
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't like the match-up against the Spurs for them. Duncan essentially negates whatever advantage Z-Bo usually gives them for 1. Second, the Spurs aren't the kind of wing-dependent team that Battier and Allen would give fits. And thirdly, the Spurs are great at controlling the pace and won't let Memphis get out in the open floor.

Cbast09
04-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm sure Memphis fans are just happy to make the playoffs.

The Jokemaker
04-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm sure Memphis fans are just happy to make the playoffs.

Playoffs and 1 win at the least is progress and makes franchise history. Anything else is honestly bonus.

Cbast09
04-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Playoffs and 1 win at the least is progress and makes franchise history. Anything else is honestly bonus.

Exactly. :)

The Jokemaker
04-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Exactly. :)

That doesn't mean they should be discounted though. Never know what can happen in the playoffs.

Cbast09
04-02-2011, 10:49 PM
That doesn't mean they should be discounted though. Never know what can happen in the playoffs.

I see them making some noise. I don't see a sweep like other people do.

NetsPaint
04-02-2011, 10:55 PM
grizz aint beatin nobody

regular season doesnt = playoffs by the way in case you didnt know
Doesn't take away that they beat several contenders.

championships
04-02-2011, 11:06 PM
They can win one game. That's about it though. If that makes you Grizz fans happy, then cool good for you. Next year you can say how you gave that team problems cause it went to game 5.

Jewelz0376
04-02-2011, 11:09 PM
I think they can maybe win a game against the spurs or mavs...2 at the most and even that is pushing it

Crackadalic
04-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Well they just leapfrog the hornets so they'll be playing the lakers. they better aim for that 5th seed because denver plays lakers okc dallas okc in their next 4 games

hgtiger32
04-02-2011, 11:19 PM
you never know. games are played on the floor and not on paper. few years ago dallas was the obvious #1 team in the west and they got upset by the Warriors.

I highly doubt Memphis would upset the veteran Spurs but you never know

Sync
04-02-2011, 11:26 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/stfu_stfu-s316x400-105461-580.jpg

MrfadeawayJB
04-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I will just let my sig speak for itself, just wait until we play your team and then you will respect what the grizz can/will do this year

ragee
04-02-2011, 11:40 PM
The Spurs are a tough team to beat in the playoffs... Don't let the recent slide fool you...

The Jokemaker
04-02-2011, 11:54 PM
The Spurs are a tough team to beat in the playoffs... Don't let the recent slide fool you...

But the injuries and age are cause for concern.

mzgrizz
04-02-2011, 11:54 PM

A man of reason !
So many here like to dump on the Grizz but they probably haven't seen a game because we don't get on national TV but 1-2 times a year. And I doubt they spring for League Pass either and what sports bar in X city would be playing the Grizz game?
No matter; we are doing exceedingly well and should be a team nobody wants to face in the first round.

FuriousJatt
04-02-2011, 11:58 PM
they can upset any of the top teams, except the lakers.

M.Bibby2.0
04-03-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm really surprised with most peoples' opinions on the Grizz not having a chance here. I'm in no way a fan, but you have to acknowledge the amount of talent on that team. I honestly thing if they could tap into that potential, and play well as a team they could be a better team than OKC; outside of Westbrook and Durant, Memphis has more talent -IMO. They have a lot of options on that team and Zach Randolf is underrated, possibly a top 5 PF. (maybe a bit of a stretch but he deserves to be in the conversation).

With all this said i still don't think they can beat a healthy spurs team, but definitely deserve more credit then they are given in this thread.

Punk
04-03-2011, 12:04 AM
If they meet the Spurs, Grizzlies will advance. If the meet the Lakers, It's another 4-2 series which will be similar to the Thunder/Laker series.

I do like their chances overall. They prepared for the Lakers when you think about. They have Gasol obviously, Arthur, Haddai, they added Powe. Allen would lockdown and probably piss off Kobe in a few games. Samething with Battier. Mayo is a wild card player.

If Bynum is healthy, they won't win a series against the Lakers but they will force about 5 games. But I like their chance overall. The only team in the NBA approaching 50 wins while nobody talks about them.

LA_Raiders
04-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Spurs are all banged up, and Grizz are playing good lately. But I believe they are not going to play.

49erGiantLaker
04-03-2011, 12:15 AM
There's always a possibility. But I wouldn't put my money on Memphis.

abe_froman
04-03-2011, 12:19 AM
naw.spurs are still spurs,even with their recent skid ,come playoff time i full expect them to be there(too many premature announcements about death of the spurs for me to by into it)

M.Bibby2.0
04-03-2011, 12:21 AM
naw.spurs are still spurs,even with their recent skid ,come playoff time i full expect them to be there(too many premature announcements about death of the spurs for me to by into it)

lol but if there were less announcements you might?

ragee
04-03-2011, 12:26 AM
But the injuries and age are cause for concern.

People have always found ways to discount the Spurs during the past decade and they have proven them wrong, time and time again... Good luck to whoever they are facing but in no way should any team underrate them or they will take advantage...

M.Bibby2.0
04-03-2011, 12:32 AM
People have always found ways to discount the Spurs during the past decade and they have proven them wrong, time and time again... Good luck to whoever they are facing but in no way should any team underrate them or they will take advantage...

I guess your team would know that best :P , but yes you're right don't underrate the spurs, that team is not built on star power but excellent coaching, player development, and chemistry which goes further than star power IMO.

The Jokemaker
04-03-2011, 12:38 AM

Oh I agree, nobody should ever be understimated in the playoffs. I'm just saying they do have a chance against them and shouldn't be considered impossible.

Going into the playoffs, the Spurs seem banged up and the Grizz have had recent success against them (2 wins in the past month). But you never know in the playoffs.

John Walls Era
04-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Shame Houston isn't good enough to make it to the playoffs. Pity how that works out.

Ever heard of injuries? Also: after the trade they've been beasting.

The Jokemaker
04-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Ever heard of injuries? Also: after the trade they've been beasting.

Grizz lost Rudy Gay back in February and OJ due to a suspension and it didn't phase them.

lilojmayo
04-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Two words : OJ Mayo

There is a reason this team is approaching 50 wins this year. and doing it without their other most talented perimeter player in Rudy Gay.

the guy is playing some basketball ( in the limited minutes he has been seeing) I do expect his minutes to increase 30 mpg or more when the games matter in the playoffs. And he is the biggest X-factor now that he has become a two way player. Plays both ends of the floor.

Tonight 20 points 3 assists 3 steals 9-12 FG 3-4 3pt in 27 minutes

here is a fact for you the last 7 games OJ is shooting 68% 3pt line. he shooting it better some players shoot FTs.

Can you imagine if the Bulls made a stronger push for him when his value was at an all time low. They would be the front runners ( maybe even moreso then Lakers) to win the entire championship this year.

John Walls Era
04-03-2011, 03:54 AM
Grizz lost Rudy Gay back in February and OJ due to a suspension and it didn't phase them.

which surprises me. I'll give them props, but they have no experience and will get killed in the playoffs.

lilojmayo
04-03-2011, 03:57 AM
which surprises me. I'll give them props, but they have no experience and will get killed in the playoffs.

There depth is incredible. Who are they going to get killed by outside of the Lakers? If they take care of business the last 5 games they will be the 6th seed and will play the Dallas Mavericks.

No one is scared of the Mavericks, be real. Especially since the Grizzlies have owned them this year. The blueprint is simple Dirk is going to get his, stop the rest of the players.

Grizzlies are tough because on any given night it could be Zach that has a big game, or Conley or Mayo, or Gasol, or Tony Allen or Darrell Arthur even Sam Young has been known to get his shine on once every 20 games.

John Walls Era
04-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Ok they can beat the Mavs... I will give them that. But so can any team. I have given up on the Mavs come playoff time.

shep33
04-03-2011, 04:18 AM
Great season for Memphis, but without Gay... spurs in 5

NetsPaint
04-03-2011, 05:12 AM
An unexperienced Thunder took the Lakers to Game 6. Game 6 the Lakers won by one or two points. I don't see the Grizzlies getting killed in any match-up.

heathonater
04-03-2011, 05:32 AM
the spurs will be fine come playoff time. the big 3 has been dealing with injuries lately and i also think the spurs are just coasting right now and making sure they are healthy for the playoffs. i would pick the spurs over the grizzlies in a playoff series, and i think they could still reach the wcf.

NetsPaint
04-03-2011, 05:32 AM
There depth is incredible. Who are they going to get killed by outside of the Lakers? If they take care of business the last 5 games they will be the 6th seed and will play the Dallas Mavericks.

No one is scared of the Mavericks, be real. Especially since the Grizzlies have owned them this year. The blueprint is simple Dirk is going to get his, stop the rest of the players.

Grizzlies are tough because on any given night it could be Zach that has a big game, or Conley or Mayo, or Gasol, or Tony Allen or Darrell Arthur even Sam Young has been known to get his shine on once every 20 games.
J-Will!

NetsPaint
04-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Double-post.

Redbull
04-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I believe the Grizzles have a shot at beating the Spurs or Mavs in the first round but not the Lakers.

mzgrizz
04-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Precisely why I want to get past Portland to the 6 spot !!!
We're ALONE in the 7 spot as of today.

MrfadeawayJB
04-03-2011, 10:23 PM

The team has no experience? Maybe not a lot but remember they signed players with a lot of experience.

Champs: Tony Allen and Leon Powe, Jason Williams (even though he wont play if injured he has the veteran presence)

playoff experience: Shane Battier, Zach Randolph

nuff said

Phat Pat 94
04-03-2011, 10:36 PM
theres no grizz love in here! i was at the game saturday, theyre built like a playoff team. they could shock people...

ElMarroAfamado
04-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I say they have a good chance of beating the Spurs but not because they are any good but because the Spurs completely suck. I cant wait for the playoffs to start, they faster they do the quicker the Spurs will be eliminated.

lilojmayo
04-04-2011, 03:51 AM
theres no grizz love in here! i was at the game saturday, theyre built like a playoff team. they could shock people...

we going to shock people, flat out shock people. The weapons we have the stats to the players don't do justice since we run a balanced attack