PDA

View Full Version : Which team is most vulnerable to a first round upset?

dnewguy
04-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Most likely competition:

Heat/Knicks
Celtics/Sixers
Bulls/Pacers

Spurs/Grizzles
Mavs/Blazers
Lakers/Hornets

Chacarron
04-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Heat, Mavs.

kozelkid
04-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Mavs or Spurs imo. I doubt any of the East teams because the competition isn't nearly as tight between the top 3-4 teams and the rest in the East vs the West.

Memphis can very well beat San Antonio imo. Factor in SA's recent skid and the fact that Memphis could destroy SA on the boards and I can see it happen.

Then there is Dallas that have a history of coming up short in the playoffs against a very deep Portland team that is finally getting healthy and are probably better than their record suggests.

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Heat, Mavs.

This but mavericks for sure.

Jewelz0376
04-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Whichever west team gets matched up with the Blazers...So probably either spurs or mavs

Hawkeye15
04-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Spurs and Mavs. The Spurs are just floundering right now, and I just can't trust the Mavs come playoff time. The fact that the teams that will be the #6-8 seeds in the west are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the respective seeds out east make it an easy call.

Baller1
I don't consider the Mavs losing in the playoffs an upset anymore.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Mavs. Always lose in first round.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-02-2011, 03:56 PM

Funny sig.

M.Bibby2.0
04-02-2011, 04:03 PM
:laugh2: oh poor mavs and mavs fans. I would still take that mavs team seriously in playoffs though. They just need to play with more grit and physicality.

drobe86
04-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Haha... another mavs hate thread. It is what is, the playoffs are a few weeks away so theres no point in even debating this topic. And once we when in the first round the rest of you will say "oh well you are supposed to win". So its a lose lose situation. But I like the fact that people love talking about us. You people talk about us so much that you guys must love us.....

ManRam
04-02-2011, 04:33 PM
The only series in the East I see being competitve (besides Orlando/Atlanta) is the Boston/Philly one if it happens. Boston will win, but I think Philly could snatch a few games...

I wouldn't be too surprised if Portland beat Dallas, although I do think Dallas is definitely a better team. I would be surprised if the other two upsets happened for sure though. SA is fading, but they'll flip the switch, I'm certain of that, especially against Memphis or NO, who are teams they can easily handle.

Hawkeye15
04-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Haha... another mavs hate thread. It is what is, the playoffs are a few weeks away so theres no point in even debating this topic. And once we when in the first round the rest of you will say "oh well you are supposed to win". So its a lose lose situation. But I like the fact that people love talking about us. You people talk about us so much that you guys must love us.....

no, its the fact that the Mavs continually win 52+ games a year, then shoot themselves in the foot at some point in the playoffs. Combine that with the fact that Portland will present a matchup problem to anyone up top out west, and the Mavs appear to be a decent "GUESS" for an upset.

Its not hate. God that term gets thrown around here so much

John Walls Era
04-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Mavs....

Mudvayne91
04-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I'd say Mavs out of the bunch. If you're taking 4 vs 5 in consideration, I'd say OKC too.

JordansBulls
04-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Heat and Knicks could be good if the Knicks steal game 1. Heat will win though the series.

Mudvayne91
04-02-2011, 04:47 PM
no, its the fact that the Mavs continually win 52+ games a year, then shoot themselves in the foot at some point in the playoffs. Combine that with the fact that Portland will present a matchup problem to anyone up top out west, and the Mavs appear to be a decent "GUESS" for an upset.

Agreed. I can't stand the term hate or hater anymore because of this site.

drobe86
04-02-2011, 04:48 PM

Yea I here you, but it is hate. The Spurs are reeling and are destined for a first round sweep. They lose every night and have completely tanked the 2010-11 season. Yet people come up with the original the mavs will lose in the first round. The playoffs are what 2 weeks away? Once we win this series then what will peoples excuse be hawkeye?

Furymaker
04-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Mavs

Wade>You
04-02-2011, 04:50 PM
There's quite a few Heat fans that think the Knicks are the better match up for the Heat than the Sixers.

I'm not one of them, though. If it weren't for the recent Mavs hate, I think the Heat would run away with this.

Knicks > Celtics > Bulls > Lakers

The most impossible playoff run in the history of the NBA.

Go HEAT!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Mavs easily, they are a jumpshooting team.

Wade>You
04-02-2011, 04:53 PM
The Mavs option is a little diluted with all the Lakers fan voting.

kozelkid
04-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Yea I here you, but it is hate. The Spurs are reeling and are destined for a first round sweep. They lose every night and have completely tanked the 2010-11 season. Yet people come up with the original the mavs will lose in the first round. The playoffs are what 2 weeks away? Once we win this series then what will peoples excuse be hawkeye?

That they will choke the next round?
I'm sorry, but when you consider a team like Dallas that has been winning this many games for more than a decade now and continues to come up short in the postseason, it's hard to think otherwise. It's life, buddy. That's how you gain a reputation, when you choke against an 8th seed, blow a two game lead in the finals (sure you can make the case that Miami had refs on their side and I do believe that for the record), and numerous other times losing to a lower seed. If they do finally win it all, then maybe they will shrug off that label. Til then... sorry. :shrug:
Besides all else, Portland is a damn good team, not someone to be underrated. Also I can see SA losing as well.

Dade County
04-02-2011, 04:55 PM
I think people should focus on the 4, and 5 seed match ups.....

Those are going to be amazing games.

And the negativity towards the Mavs... Can't blame the posters.
Damn! Why did C butler get hurt, I picked at the beginning of the season, Miami & Mavs in the finals (of-course I wanted history to repeat it's self :D)

Mavs played so good at the beginning of the year, I guess the HEAT will just have to beat the all mighty lakers... Whatever.

Go HEAT!

Hawkeye15
04-02-2011, 04:58 PM

I mentioned the Spurs as well, but they were so dominant the first 65 games, and they are already proven champions with their core, so they get that slight bump, ya know?

Dude, until the Mavs live up to their talent level, and stop shooting themselves in the foot, people will still make excuses. Don't you get frustrated by them man? They have been beaten a few times in playoff series that they shouldn't have lost. I also think they have shown their toughness in a few others (the 2006 WCF's for instance), but for a team that wins 52+ games a year for years, its tough to accept them as a legit contender. All they have to do is shut us up though, and win.

I put Dallas because they do indeed have a tendency to beat themselves, and because Portland is actually pretty damn good. I think Dallas should handle them in 6, but if I had to take a stab at 1st round upsets (and I tend to stay away from 4-5 matchups), Dallas is my guess, as is San Antonio

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 04:59 PM
The Mavs option is a little diluted with all the Lakers fan voting.

Do who did you vote for? :shrug:

Dade County
04-02-2011, 05:03 PM
There's quite a few Heat fans that think the Knicks are the better match up for the Heat than the Sixers.

I'm not one of them, though. If it weren't for the recent Mavs hate, I think the Heat would run away with this.

Go HEAT!

I guess I am the only person that thinks that they will not get passed the 2nd round (no hate bulls fans).

I think Orlando or the Hawks can win a series against the bulls; their both playoff battle tested.

Hawkeye15
04-02-2011, 05:05 PM
The OP did ask 1st round upsets by the way. While I can easily see the Bulls having issues in round 2, and especially in the ECF's, does anyone actually think the Pacers will even bother them? Cmon.

The upsets, if there are any, will probably come out west, where the talent gap isn't as big from the top 3 teams to the teams 5-8

LayZbone
04-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Go HEAT!

And to clear it up for anyone who's confused, he not saying the Knicks are better than the Celtics, better than the Bulls, etc. lol

Yeah that's a pretty tough run, and maybe one of the most high-profile and exciting runs. All of those are huge market teams.

Hawkeye15
04-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Go HEAT!

I think you mean "--->" haha

JB0B0
04-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Celtics

AllBall
Spoelstra would surely be fired with a first round exit.

allSUAVE
I say Spurs ,grizzles is not a push over. And Spurs just look beat now with 7 games left.

My knicks is just too small, so i had to go different.

LTS
04-02-2011, 05:24 PM

agreed

championships
04-02-2011, 05:29 PM

Given their playoff history, can you really blame anyone for picking the Mavs??
It's cool your a die hard Mav fan and your sticking up for your team, But people really don't talk about the Mavs "so much" as you say. People talk and hate the Heat or knicks and Lakers No one is even thinking of the Mavs.

The-Human-Cigar
04-02-2011, 05:30 PM
If it happened today:
Miami Vs. New York (Split the season series. Maybe Melo & Co. pull it together and give the Heat too much to handle? They've got 7-8 games left to figure each other out.)

San Antonio Vs. Memphis (Very worried about the Spurs. WTH? They seem to be falling apart. This season series was split. Plus the west teams down to '8' are pretty talented this year. Yeah, Memphis may pull this off like a prom dress in the back of a limo.)

theheatles
04-02-2011, 05:33 PM
damn thats respect for the lakers

championships
04-02-2011, 05:38 PM

We were asked who was MOST LIKELY to lose in the first round. Given the choices we were given in the poll, The mavs is the popular guess given their history. Will they, who knows but probably not. If they do, no one will be surprised.

marlinsfan24
04-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Celtics

I actually agree with this. I could see the Sixers taking the series. Boston always seems to be most vulnerable in the first round. After that, they pick up steam and look unbeatable.

championships
04-02-2011, 05:44 PM
damn thats respect for the lakers

I think we have the Heat to thank for this. IMO the Lake Show were the more disliked team around here for the last couple of years. Seems to be you guys now. People pick the Mavs given their history, People pick the Heat cause that's what alot of people would love to see.

Thanks Guys :D

Yankees Suck
04-02-2011, 05:46 PM
The winner of this poll should be the Mavs. I think someone needs to tell the Mavs the whole point of the playoffs is to win. For some reason the Mavs try to find different ways to lose playoff games on a yearly basis.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-02-2011, 06:13 PM
I guess I am the only person that thinks that they will not get passed the 2nd round (no hate bulls fans).

I think Orlando or the Hawks can win a series against the bulls; their both playoff battle tested.

You mean the same Orlando that almost completely overhauled its roster and the same Atlanta that got swept in the 2nd round 2 years in a row?

Raps08-09 Champ
04-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Heat since the Knicks match up really well IMO.

ManOnFire
04-02-2011, 06:29 PM
The OP did ask 1st round upsets by the way. While I can easily see the Bulls having issues in round 2, and especially in the ECF's, does anyone actually think the Pacers will even bother them? Cmon.

The upsets, if there are any, will probably come out west, where the talent gap isn't as big from the top 3 teams to the teams 5-8

It's a shame a team like Indiana with that record will even be in the playoffs. I'd rather they throw in one of the more deserving western conference teams.

The Jokemaker
04-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Can't say yet. The West playoff picture 6-8 is undecided. All 3 within 1 game so you never know. If it is Grizz vs Spurs, I'd think the Grizz would have a chance to upset the Spurs. And if they get matched up with the Mavs I'd say they could upset. If they get the Lakers, I think they'll win a game or two but won't upset.

Dade County
04-02-2011, 06:38 PM
You mean the same Orlando that almost completely overhauled its roster and the same Atlanta that got swept in the 2nd round 2 years in a row?

I see what you are saying about the Magic (overhaul), but Atlanta is suppose to keep losing, not learn from their mistakes, etc... ?
They've been through the wars (Boston), the embarrassments (Orlando), it's time for them to take that next step; and i think they can.

But I see where you are coming from, on both counts.

Lake_Show2416
04-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Out of those 6 teams the Mavs would be the worst & the Blazers would be the hardest competition from any of the lower seeds

With them most likely being matched up, I'd see no other choice but the Mavs

heatking
04-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Bulls, they are a regular season team.

Cbast09
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Spurs if they are hurt could have problems and the Mavs.

Lake_Show2416
04-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Bulls, they are a regular season team.

coming from the Lebron fan :laugh:

netsgiantsyanks
04-02-2011, 10:25 PM
no team is vulnerable to a first round upset. you never know. just ask the 07 mavs.

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:31 PM

No sir, im a heat fan.

Cbast09
04-02-2011, 10:37 PM

LeBron is good in the playoffs. He's just never had a good 2nd option for a title. Why do people keep saying LeBron is garbage in the playoffs? He was the entire team for Cleveland. How would they have won playoff games without him?

chi-townlove1
04-03-2011, 01:32 AM
No sir, im a heat fan.

regardless coming from a heat fan, with no sufficient backup and reasoning, considering were playin the pacers most likely. come on kid be smart, the knicks match up well against u guys. if i were u, i would be scared.

Lake_Show2416
04-03-2011, 01:38 AM
regardless coming from a heat fan, with no sufficient backup and reasoning, considering were playin the pacers most likely. come on kid be smart, the knicks match up well against u guys. if i were u, i would be scared.

GET EM!!!! :laugh2:

ellesmeire
04-03-2011, 01:41 AM
its funny people actually voted for the bulls...#2(perhaps #1)tm in the NBA losing to a team winning less than 50% of their games...wont happen lol

chi-townlove1
04-03-2011, 01:49 AM
its funny people actually voted for the bulls...#2(perhaps #1)tm in the nba losing to a team winning less than 50% of their games...wont happen lol

+1

Bulldogs100
04-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Heat, Mavs.

Please, no laker fans are allowed to root for kemba please remove your sig thank you

marlinsfan24
04-03-2011, 02:14 AM

Not scared of the Knicks. Like I said, I am more scared of the Sixers. People who voted for the Bulls are just spewing hate at this point. Orlando and Atlanta don't count as being upsets if they win in the first round. Boston's the most vulnerable in the East IMO, but they likely won't be losing either.

IDB Josh M
04-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Spurs. Not because they're playing poorly, but because the Grizzlies might be able to pull off the upset.

IversonIsKrazy
04-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Mavs. But I hope MIA gets upset, man I would love to shove that in my bandwagon friends!

bulls_world23
04-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Mavs

JordansBulls
04-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Mavs. But I hope MIA gets upset, man I would love to shove that in my bandwagon friends!

I'd like to see Boston vs Miami in round 2 and Orl vs Chicago.

gsgs49
04-03-2011, 10:00 AM

I'm a mavs fan and I do agree that the mavs are the best GUESS for an upset because people don't trust Dallas and that portland team is really good and highly underrated,Andre Miller is underrated,Gerald Wallace is underrated,Lamarcus Aldrige was the most underrated player in the leaugue 4-5 months ago,he's getting some love right now though and they have the most underrated coach in Nate Mcmillan.But do you consider that the mavs choked in the playoffs the last 3 years?I don't not because I'm a mavs fan,they won 50+ games each season but so did 7 OTHER TEAMS, the west was too stacked,anybody could beat anybody.In 2008 and 2009 they lost as a lower seed(7th seed and 6th seed)and last year they lost in the 1st round as the second seed but there was only a 5 games difference between them and the spurs,the spurs struggled in the start of the season because Duncan,Manu and Parker missed some games with injuries but they were all healthy in the playoffs and we all know what a healthy spurs team can do if you don't, go and look at their record but I do understand people picking Dallas because that first round exit in 2007 was really ugly,it's unacceptable to lose to a team with a 42-40 record when your record is 67-15 and it's the only year I consider the mavs choked in the playoffs.

flclfanman
04-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Mavs or Celtics.

DONT SLEEP ON THE SIXERS :hide:

drobe86
04-03-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm a mavs fan and I do agree that the mavs are the best GUESS for an upset because people don't trust Dallas and that portland team is really good and highly underrated,Andre Miller is underrated,Gerald Wallace is underrated,Lamarcus Aldrige was the most underrated player in the leaugue 4-5 months ago,he's getting some love right now though and they have the most underrated coach in Nate Mcmillan.But do you consider that the mavs choked in the playoffs the last 3 years?I don't not because I'm a mavs fan,they won 50+ games each season but so did 7 OTHER TEAMS, the west was too stacked,anybody could beat anybody.In 2008 and 2009 they lost as a lower seed(7th seed and 6th seed)and last year they lost in the 1st round as the second seed but there was only a 5 games difference between them and the spurs,the spurs struggled in the start of the season because Duncan,Manu and Parker missed some games with injuries but they were all healthy in the playoffs and we all know what a healthy spurs team can do if you don't, go and look at their record but I do understand people picking Dallas because that first round exit in 2007 was really ugly,it's unacceptable to lose to a team with a 42-40 record when your record is 67-15 and it's the only year I consider the mavs choked in the playoffs.

+1 most fans on this site are trolls and don't truly understand what Pro sports is all about. Any team can be beat any given night. Seeding doesn't matter in sports period. It gives you 1 extra game at home but these are all professionals. People look at the seeding and say oh well the Mavs are 2nd seed so its a given that they should beat whomever they play. And in 08 and 09 the Mavs barely made the playoffs as a lower seed. So how exactly is that choking? Don't let this site fool you. There are a few knowledgeable fans, but the rest are just trash talking trolls lol....

PrettyBoyJ
04-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Mavs and Blazers.. I honestly see the Blazers winning this series.. Aside from Dirk, the Mavs dont have anybody who will raise there level of play for the playoffs

shep33
04-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah if its Mavs vs. Blazers that one could get interesting. Not saying it because of Dallas' past history, but Portland just matches up with them very well at every position

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 05:21 PM
I doubt any of these teams lose, but if I had to choose 1, it HAS to be the Mavericks. They ALWAYS find a way to lose in the playoffs.

Note: This is not hating, this is the unfortunate truth...

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 05:33 PM
+1 most fans on this site are trolls and don't truly understand what Pro sports is all about. Any team can be beat any given night. Seeding doesn't matter in sports period. It gives you 1 extra game at home but these are all professionals. People look at the seeding and say oh well the Mavs are 2nd seed so its a given that they should beat whomever they play. And in 08 and 09 the Mavs barely made the playoffs as a lower seed. So how exactly is that choking? Don't let this site fool you. There are a few knowledgeable fans, but the rest are just trash talking trolls lol....

I am not saying the Mavs choke EVERY year, and yes the west is STACKED, so anybody can beat anybody. But that year they lost to Golden State was not their only choke, and I am not hating. They also choked against the Heat in the Finals, and IMO they DID choke against the Spurs last year and here is why. They had a BIGMAN. Somebody besides Dirk that should have been able to put them over the top, yet they lost again... I am not hating, or not trashing Mavs fans, I accually think it is unfortunate for them.

gsgs49
04-03-2011, 06:58 PM
I am not saying the Mavs choke EVERY year, and yes the west is STACKED, so anybody can beat anybody. But that year they lost to Golden State was not their only choke, and I am not hating. They also choked against the Heat in the Finals, and IMO they DID choke against the Spurs last year and here is why. They had a BIGMAN. Somebody besides Dirk that should have been able to put them over the top, yet they lost again... I am not hating, or not trashing Mavs fans, I accually think it is unfortunate for them.

I see what you are saying but I don't conisder losing to a spurs team which has championship experience and which was only 5 games behind despite Parker missing 20+ games and Manu missing like 10 games a choke job.
For example,let's say that the celtics this season will lose some games and finish the season 5 games behind the 1st seed bulls then go and beat them in the playoffs do you consider that the bulls choke in this case?
And maybe you're right they choked in 2006 finals specially in game 3 but also when a player shoots more free throws than your entire team,you don't have any chance to win.

Sixerlover
04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
The Sixers WILL beat Boston in round #1.

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I see what you are saying but I don't conisder losing to a spurs team which has championship experience and which was only 5 games behind despite Parker missing 20+ games and Manu missing like 10 games a choke job.
For example,let's say that the celtics this season will lose some games and finish the season 5 games behind the 1st seed bulls then go and beat them in the playoffs do you consider that the bulls choke in this case?
And maybe you're right they choked in 2006 finals specially in game 3 but also when a player shoots more free throws than your entire team,you don't have any chance to win.

good point, I can agree with this

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 08:27 PM

I dont see it, but I would LOL if it happened.

marlinsfan24
04-03-2011, 09:19 PM

I stand by Sixerlover and his statement.:hide:

TopsyTurvy
04-03-2011, 09:54 PM
If the Mavs have a healthy Caron Butler, they are through without any problems.

Without Butler, the Mavs are going to run into problems.

Cool007
04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
IMO, Mavs and Thunder are the 2 teams I can think of who COULD be upset in the first round.

Nuggets are playing as well as anyone and I could see them beating the Thunder team. Blazers vs Mavs also a tough one.

Sly Guy
04-03-2011, 10:19 PM
mavs or spurs, but I was gonna say the magic, before reading any of the options.

Chi StateOfMind
04-03-2011, 10:26 PM
mavs losing is not an upset anymore but anyways

mavs or spurs

Hoopsadvocate
04-03-2011, 10:35 PM

wth lol ive never even seen a mavs thread in the nba forum. And people are voting for the mavs because well they havent gotten out the first round since god knows when its the obvious choice. Nobody cares about the mavs sorry.

allSUAVE
04-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Other than the Heat.

I have to go with OKC now ,Denver is really dangerous for them.

210Don
04-03-2011, 10:58 PM
spurs will get swept

WickedBadMan
04-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Surprised, I thought Celtics by a decent margin.

valade16
04-03-2011, 11:48 PM

Let me guess... The only knowledgeable non-troll fans on this site are the ones that agree with you right?:eyebrow:

Do you not agree if the mavs play the blazers there is a reasonable chance of an upset? Or do you feel the mavs Will 100% win the series?

That double standard works both ways you know, in the same way everyone makes fun of the mavs if they lose but say "well theyre supposed to win if they win" is the same way you say "were not an upset potential" then when they lose say "well the lower seeded teams are really good"...

You do know that right?

ElMarroAfamado
04-03-2011, 11:54 PM
it wont be an upset but i say
Heat and Spurs.

LA_Raiders
04-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Mavs & Heat

Evolution23
04-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Heat or Bulls

ellesmeire
04-04-2011, 02:03 AM
please someone tell me how the Bulls could get upset by the pacers of all teams, im just wondering what the thinking behind it is...? At least with the heat they have to contend with amare+carmelo, still stretching it a lot, and the thunder losing isnt really an upset imo

Young2Kinsler
04-04-2011, 02:42 AM
It's by far the Mavs. This team is crap, and WILL lose in the first round. Bet your bank account on it.

Master Mind
04-04-2011, 02:48 AM
The way things are matched up as of now, all the series in the east can go either way. It's that much of a coincidence that the top seeded teams have fits with their first rd. match ups.

RowanJournalist
04-04-2011, 02:55 AM
I think Webber is right. The Mavs are soft.

shep33
04-04-2011, 03:00 AM
It's by far the Mavs. This team is crap, and WILL lose in the first round. Bet your bank account on it.

If they match up with Portland, that'll be a hard series for Dallas. Still Dallas is solid... but how crazy have the past 4 days been? Thursday night, Dallas has a chance to go into LA and take the 2nd seed, and really control their own destiny. Sunday night comes along, and the Lakers are basically 3 games up on Dallas owning the tiebreaker, with OKC only 2 behind the Mavs. If OKC somehow catches Dallas, and Dallas moves to 4th, they play the Nuggets, who also matchup well with Dallas. That 2 seed that Dallas could've had is so big now in perspective... Right now it seems they play Portland, when instead they could've played the Hornets without David West or Grizz without Rudy. Then once they get past them with relative ease they would've had HCA over the Lakers in the 2nd round. Talk about a rapid change of events in a couple of days.

Tough stretch, but they still have the talent to go deep into the playoffs.

Spurred1
04-04-2011, 03:19 AM
If they match up with Portland, that'll be a hard series for Dallas. Still Dallas is solid... but how crazy have the past 4 days been? Thursday night, Dallas has a chance to go into LA and take the 2nd seed, and really control their own destiny. Sunday night comes along, and the Lakers are basically 3 games up on Dallas owning the tiebreaker, with OKC only 2 behind the Mavs. If OKC somehow catches Dallas, and Dallas moves to 4th, they play the Nuggets, who also matchup well with Dallas. That 2 seed that Dallas could've had is so big now in perspective... Right now it seems they play Portland, when instead they could've played the Hornets without David West or Grizz without Rudy. Then once they get past them with relative ease they would've had HCA over the Lakers in the 2nd round. Talk about a rapid change of events in a couple of days.
Tough stretch, but they still have the talent to go deep into the playoffs.

Must be nice to be a fan of a team that actually...wins.
Get real, the Mavericks suck through and through. It will be an actual upset IF Dallas actually got out of second round but we all know that isn't happening. Blazers or Nuggets sweep coming up! This Mavs team is a bunch of little princesses and needs to be blown sky high.

ellesmeire
04-04-2011, 03:31 AM
The way things are matched up as of now, all the series in the east can go either way. It's that much of a coincidence that the top seeded teams have fits with their first rd. match ups.

so now one game equals a fit hm...

Bulls 102-74
Bulls 92-73
Bulls 99-86
Bulls 110-89
Pacers 108-115(OT)

seriously?

ragee
04-04-2011, 03:37 AM
Sadly, the Mavs.... I sure hope someone would step up and help Dirk come playoff time!

ellesmeire
04-04-2011, 03:45 AM
I'd give the mavs the edge in that one becasue Portland doesnt have a closer, but just a solid team

shep33
04-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Must be nice to be a fan of a team that actually...wins.
Get real, the Mavericks suck through and through. It will be an actual upset IF Dallas actually got out of second round but we all know that isn't happening. Blazers or Nuggets sweep coming up! This Mavs team is a bunch of little princesses and needs to be blown sky high.

I still think that the Mavs should have the advantage against Portland. Don't give up faith just yet, still the most dangerous Mavs team in a while. Maybe Butler even comes back who knows.

Still want to play you guys in round 2, i like the potential rough series there.

dnewguy
04-04-2011, 08:50 AM
so now one game equals a fit hm...

Bulls 102-74
Bulls 92-73
Bulls 99-86
Bulls 110-89
Pacers 108-115(OT)

seriously?

Seriously? Are people not allowed to have an opinion anymore? Should I be mad at those who voted for the Heat, you need to get over yourself.

redwhitenblue
04-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Seriously? Are people not allowed to have an opinion anymore? Should I be mad at those who voted for the Heat, you need to get over yourself.
Considering the Heat are 2-2 vs the Knicks, no you shouldn't. I guess I can have an opinion that the Lakers are likely to get upset even though it doesn't make sense.

As that poster pointed out, the Bulls spanked Indy in 3 of their 4 regular season matchups (the 102-74 game was the last week of preseason in which Boozer, Noah and Granger didn't play). And the loss in OT Boozer was out.

Sandman
04-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Spurs - probably won't be upset unless they have trouble staying healthy
Lakers - Same as the Spurs, but there have been times this season where they just dont show up and beat themselves. Last night they looked like Charles Barkley and Mugsy Bogues after the Monstars stole their talent. But..... I don't think that will affect them in a 7g series.
Mavs - same Mavs team as always. They've got a center but they lost Butler real early.
Heat - could get burned by a team with depth
Celtics - week to week health is constantly changing. It'll also be interesting to see if they can stay afloat with the O'Neals and Jeff Green and Big Baby instead of KP.

With Miami in line to play NY.. I'm going to say Dallas, although right now they're matched up against Portland, another team where health changes week to week.

Indi23
04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Spurs - probably won't be upset unless they have trouble staying healthy
Lakers - Same as the Spurs, but there have been times this season where they just dont show up and beat themselves. Last night they looked like Charles Barkley and Mugsy Bogues after the Monstars stole their talent. But..... I don't think that will affect them in a 7g series.
Mavs - same Mavs team as always. They've got a center but they lost Butler real early.
Heat - could get burned by a team with depth
Celtics - week to week health is constantly changing. It'll also be interesting to see if they can stay afloat with the O'Neals and Jeff Green and Big Baby instead of KP.

With Miami in line to play NY.. I'm going to say Dallas, although right now they're matched up against Portland, another team where health changes week to week.

The knicks can steal a few games. Portland can pull off the upset.

h2r09
04-04-2011, 09:24 AM
i guarantee portland will beat the mavs if they match up and roy is healthy.

benzni
04-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Mavs because they are notorious for getting upset

Spurs only because the Grizzlies are hot right now, and they did beat them last week

Heat. I think everyone who isnt a heat fan can agree. Not that the knicks are really that good of a team if they almost lose to the nets at home but it would be a close series.

Team*Chicago
04-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I say the Mavericks after seeing them get b---- slapped around by the Lakers, barely beating the Clippers and losing to the Warriors that have nothing to play for. Maybe the Mavericks can't handle playing against California teams except the Kings.

flclfanman
04-04-2011, 09:52 AM
The Sixers are going to give people FITS in the playoffs. If they get BOS in the first round I wouldn't be surprised to see another series similar to the BOS/CHI series from 08-09