PDA

View Full Version : Lakers control their own destiny?

Lakeshow86
04-02-2011, 02:17 PM
If im not mistaken ,If the Lakers win all of their remaining games(including one with Spurs) They will be guaranteed of the #1 seed because if they Tie the Spurs the Lakers have the tie breaker because of a better division and conference record. So no Matter what the Spurs do as long as Lakers win the rest of their games they have the #1 seed... check out the standings

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

CLASSOF72
04-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Right, we control our own destiny, but should we concider resting at some point? Until a few games ago it looked like we were doing all this in some kind of over drive cruize control, but last night the guys looked kind of tired and Kobe was getting punished and the rest of schedule looks like an uphill climb.

Iron24th
04-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah no need to run out of gas,if we can take it,OK go for it,if not,not a big deal,with or without HCA against SA,I'm convinced we'll beat them.

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Right, we control our own destiny, but should we concider resting at some point? Until a few games ago it looked like we were doing all this in some kind of over drive cruize control, but last night the guys looked kind of tired and Kobe was getting punished and the rest of schedule looks like an uphill climb.

They've gotta catch the Spurs.

Hurricane H
04-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Personally as long as we have HCA in the finals, I'll be happy. We can beat the Spurs in a series HCA or not.

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Still it would be nice to be #1 overall in the standings :shrug: I think it would give the guy as your avatar a chance at MVP.

LA_Raiders
04-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I hope we get HCA, they get better rest in the playoffs by playing home...

KillaInstinct24
04-02-2011, 04:09 PM
guys, i know what hca means and they should go after it, but the number 1 seed will more than likely face the grizz and then the thunder. two YOUNG, FAST teams. while the 2nd seed will play the hornets then the mavs. the 2nd seed matchups favor the lakers more. not saying we will lose to thunder or memphis, just saying the lakers could be really tired once they reach the wcf from the 1 seed

KillaInstinct24
04-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I hope we get HCA, they get better rest in the playoffs by playing home...

i think they sleep better on the road actually, not as many distractions, no wives or kids

Lakerfan8032
04-02-2011, 04:35 PM
What I've been wondering is if the Lakers and Bulls finish with the same record, who has the tie breaker? I'm not sure how inter-conference tie breakers work past head-to-head meetings or possibly division winner vs. nondivision winner.

Any one know about this? I do understand perfectly how a tie-breaker works intra-conference but I don't know what they look at the other way around.

epizo1
04-02-2011, 04:42 PM
The tie breaker against Chicago would come down to overall record against the opposing conference. Chicago's is better therefore they own the tiebreaker.

championships
04-02-2011, 04:51 PM
IMO The lakers conserved plenty of their energy in the first half of the season. If you think about it, They have only turned it on for about 19-20 games now. I'm not too worried about them needing rest.

Hellcrooner
04-02-2011, 05:05 PM
we have always been owners of our destiny.

we just got to win 16 games out of a max of 28.
WHEN IT MATTERS.

CLASSOF72
04-02-2011, 05:07 PM
What I've been wondering is if the Lakers and Bulls finish with the same record, who has the tie breaker? I'm not sure how inter-conference tie breakers work past head-to-head meetings or possibly division winner vs. nondivision winner.

Any one know about this? I do understand perfectly how a tie-breaker works intra-conference but I don't know what they look at the other way around.

It's how well you did vs the other teams confrence and the Bulls have that one locked up pretty tight. We'd have to win more games the Bulls to get HCA in the finals if we face them.

CLASSOF72
04-02-2011, 05:08 PM
IMO The lakers conserved plenty of their energy in the first half of the season. If you think about it, They have only turned it on for about 19-20 games now. I'm not too worried about them needing rest.

You got a good point here, we all remember how lax they playing pryor to the break.

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 05:24 PM
we have always been owners of our destiny.

we just got to win 16 games out of a max of 28.
WHEN IT MATTERS.

i agree with Hellcrooner. :mad: