PDA

View Full Version : Wizards, Rookies make history

papipapsmanny
04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
From Elias: Rookie Jordan Crawford had a triple-double Friday night for the Wizards; fellow rookie teammate John Wall had one earlier this season. The Wizards are the first team in NBA history to have two different rookies post triple/doubles in the same season.

This is probably a little more interesting then the Blatche thread, I am a wiz fan so if I see something thread worthy for the team I am posting it because no one talks in the wiz Forum.

But still first team in history to do so is a little surprising

hugepatsfan
04-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Nice story. They have a few pieces to build around there. I don't think they're on the verge or anything, but for a bad team they're in pretty good position for the future.

Lim
04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Jordan Crawford = black hole until proven otherwise

netsgiantsyanks
04-02-2011, 12:41 PM
the nets should have ****ing kept jordan crawford :mad:

papipapsmanny
04-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Nice story. They have a few pieces to build around there. I don't think they're on the verge or anything, but for a bad team they're in pretty good position for the future.

yea i don't know if its encouraging or a bad thing that these rookies are all playing, but I guess I should be encouraged because at least they are comitted to a rebuild. Plus Leonosis (the new owner) did pretty nice with the rebuild of the capitals (he is there owner too)

I wonder what Crawford, Wall, and Mcgee will be like in 2 seasons

papipapsmanny
04-02-2011, 12:43 PM

I can somewhat agree with that, but he is a rookie so Ill give him a chance, if you can believe it or not he has slightly improved his shot selection over his past couple of games from taking ******** shots to just stupid ones now haha

hugepatsfan
04-02-2011, 12:44 PM
yea i don't know if its encouraging or a bad thing that these rookies are all playing, but I guess I should be encouraged because at least they are comitted to a rebuild. Plus Leonosis (the new owner) did pretty nice with the rebuild of the capitals (he is there owner too)

I wonder what Crawford, Wall, and Mcgee will be like in 2 seasons

I see Wall as an elite PG, Crawford as a great scoring combo guard off the bench, and Mcgee as a great shot blocking C that can score a bit.

The key for them, IMO, is going to be getting lucky in the lottery one of these years and landing a stud wing player in the draft.

Shareeb_omac2
04-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm not a Wizards fan but I really like this Wizards team going into the future. The only players on their roster they need to hold onto are Wall, Crawford, and McGee.

Hopefully someone will give the Wizards something for Blatche this offseason because he doesn't fit their roster and he's inconsistent on top of the fact that he has maturity issues.

I'm hoping they can snag the best available big man in this years draft so that they can compete sooner than later. I would love to see a rivalry form between Wall and Rose, both on solid teams.

Chacarron
04-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Jordan Crawford's numbers are not that impressive, aside from this triple double.

He is posting a PER of 13.6 with the Wizards, as well as an Off Rating of 94 and a Def Rating of 112. I know he plays for a team with a lot of young guys and thus has the green light to do what he wants, including shooting an average of 16 times a game, while converting 39% of his shots. He has upside, don't get me wrong, but I hope he improves his efficiency in the next couple of years.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-02-2011, 01:04 PM

He's a crazy chucker.

arkanian215
04-02-2011, 01:09 PM
the nets should have ****ing kept jordan crawford :mad:

I don't like the kid. I didn't like Damion James either but James has grown on me a bit.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Jordan Crawford's numbers are not that impressive, aside from this triple double.

He is posting a PER of 13.6 with the Wizards, as well as an Off Rating of 94 and a Def Rating of 112. I know he plays for a team with a lot of young guys and thus has the green light to do what he wants, including shooting an average of 16 times a game, while converting 39% of his shots. He has upside, don't get me wrong, but I hope he improves his efficiency in the next couple of years.

he has negative win shares, which is really bad, even tough he's a rookie.

The Final Boss
04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
I see Wall as an elite PG, Crawford as a great scoring combo guard off the bench, and Mcgee as a great shot blocking C that can score a bit.

The key for them, IMO, is going to be getting lucky in the lottery one of these years and landing a stud wing player in the draft.

You must be drunk. Wall an elite PG? What planet are you on? I don't expect much from you, never have, but... C'mon man!!

Chacarron
04-02-2011, 01:23 PM
he has negative win shares, which is really bad, even tough he's a rookie.

That too. Not good.

Crackadalic
04-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Im impress with the triple double but not his overall game. He chucks a lot

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Interesting.

John Walls Era
04-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Hes pretty creative on the offensive end. Not a bad player to keep (eventual 6th man on a winning team).

Sadds The Gr8
04-02-2011, 03:38 PM
You must be drunk. Wall an elite PG? What planet are you on? I don't expect much from you, never have, but... C'mon man!!

:laugh2: