PDA

View Full Version : Biggest threat to the Lakers out west.

dnewguy
04-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Who do you think will give the Lakers the most problems for the West crown?

iggypop123
04-02-2011, 03:22 AM
father time. if the lakers are healthy there is NOTHING that can stand in their way of a title

meloman1592
04-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Denver

Lakerhead4ever
04-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Ohh no, laker threads are like bait for haters, smh. someone close this thread.

Evolution23
04-02-2011, 03:35 AM
LOL @ anyone that voted for the Nuggets. You're all going to see how overated this team is in the playoffs. Note to Denver you need a superstar or 2 to win in the playoffs or atleast a few allstars. Im going to go with the Thunder, now that they got Perkins to do the dirty work and ofcourse Durantula and Westbrook doing what they do.

CalJo1617
04-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Who do you think will give the Lakers the most problems for the West crown?

Just make sure you guys come out of the east... :eyebrow:

championships
04-02-2011, 03:41 AM
The Refs

jimbobjarree
04-02-2011, 03:43 AM
what! I thought the refs were the most important member of your big 3 alongside Kobe and Pau?

Iron24th
04-02-2011, 03:44 AM
The Refs

LOOOL very good point.

Maybe the Thunder,but not that much of a threat.

East teams like Boston,Miami and Chicago are way more dangerous.

The Jokemaker
04-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Why aren't the other playoff teams listed?

Out of that list I'd say the Thunder.

AllBall
04-02-2011, 03:45 AM
OKC, no doubt. That team is scary right now.

Iron24th
04-02-2011, 03:45 AM
what! I thought the refs were the most important member of your big 3 alongside Kobe and Pau?

Jazz fans :facepalm:

jimbobjarree
04-02-2011, 03:48 AM
Jazz fans :facepalm:

you know you hate to love me :love:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-02-2011, 03:53 AM

:moon::p

I say Thunder

nickdymez
04-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Nobodies beating the lakers.....

Bat-Man
04-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Thunder, they actually match up pretty well

perk-bynum
ibaka-gasol
durant-artest
sefolosha-kobe
westbrook-fisher

-perk and ibaka can both play solid defense on the lakers' bigs, which i think is their biggest advantage
-artest maybe able to shut durant down, but as we all saw in last years' matchup durant got to the free-throw line enough to remain effective
-sefolosha is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league, and should be able to frustrate kobe
-westbrook is just too good, i dont think fisher will be able to defend him very well

shep33
04-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Even as a Laker fan I say Thunder.

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Thunder. They match up well, cant beat the lakers but will be a tough tough out.

Lakersho
04-02-2011, 04:15 AM
thunder as of now ,with perk. All the playoff teams out west have upset capabilities.

RowanJournalist
04-02-2011, 04:23 AM
One of the option's should be Lakers, because the only way they're not making it out of the west is if they beat their self. Nobody can match up with them in a 7-game series, but I guess it all depends on who's hot and who's not. Regardless, I see them going to the finals again.

Crackadalic
04-02-2011, 04:28 AM
I can't see anybody beating them out west. Their too talented

Spurred1
04-02-2011, 04:29 AM
They've been playing like a team possessed. I'm not sure if anyone from the West could truly challenge them.

Jewelz0376
04-02-2011, 04:32 AM
I just don't see the Thunder as threat... They best lineup will have Perk and Ibaka as the 4 & 5... neither have much to offer on offense so Pau and Bynum can just sit in the paint...Artest defends KD well... and Kobe will be on westbrook...

No team in the west has a chance against LA...the only thing that can stop LA from reaching the finals are injuries that's it..

p.s If you feel ne hate in your heat for the Lakers just check in the sig hahaha

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 04:49 AM
I just don't see the Thunder as threat... They best lineup will have Perk and Ibaka as the 4 & 5... neither have much to offer on offense so Pau and Bynum can just sit in the paint...Artest defends KD well... and Kobe will be on westbrook...

No team in the west has a chance against LA...the only thing that can stop LA from reaching the finals are injuries that's it..

p.s If you feel ne hate in your heat for the Lakers just check in the sig hahaha

hahahahah! this x1000

BradyIsTheMan12
04-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Even though the Spurs have been terrible of late due to injuries, I still view them as the biggest threat. They have the experience, the coaching, and the depth to hang with the Lakers. I'm not going to read too much into their recent skid.

UKblazers
04-02-2011, 05:40 AM
I cant see anyone beating them but the thunder have the best chance with their athleticism.

DenButsu
04-02-2011, 06:11 AM
LOL @ anyone that voted for the Nuggets. You're all going to see how overated this team is in the playoffs. Note to Denver you need a superstar or 2 to win in the playoffs or atleast a few allstars.

Wow. Bitter much?

BALLER R
04-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Kobe

ragee
04-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Spurs... But the Lakers are one tough opponent... Anyone would have a hard time beating them...

LMAO on Laker fans who are saying the refs... Have you seen how refs throw Ts at players like there is no tomorrow? They don't do that to your boy Kobe... Even if he complains more than Dwight...

MSU4life
04-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Off topic, but a healthy Portland trailblazers team
Andre miller>fisher
Roy<Kobe
Gerald wallace>ronron
LA=pau
Camby<Bynum
Bench favors Portland
Also Wallace would guard Kobe and do vert well

PhillyFaninLA
04-02-2011, 09:42 AM
After the Perkins trade I thought OKC would win the west.

Missing56&33
04-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Spurs....never underestimate the heart of a champion.

allSUAVE
04-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Lakers is the best team out west by FAR so it don't really matter, but i'll go with OKC

Giantwarrior
04-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Lakers will win the West easily. I have a strange feeling that the league will somehow get the Heat in the finals.

Giantwarrior
04-02-2011, 09:51 AM
OKC has the best shot, but they are really young and make stupid mistakes down the stretch. lakers will take them in 5-6 games.

goose15
04-02-2011, 10:10 AM
thunder.. thunder...... THUNDER-CATS HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BALLER R
04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Spurs....never underestimate the heart of a champion.

so then wouldnt that make it lakers

BALLER R
04-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Lakers will win the West easily. I have a strange feeling that the league will somehow get the Heat in the finals.

i have that feeling too lakers vs heat. But for the heat they are gonna have some questionable series or something. They beat the bulls and celtics but its in a wade vs dallas 06 finals kinda way know what i mean

Hellcrooner
04-02-2011, 10:30 AM
the guys in grey and long pants.

specially in the nba finals and specially if one team is involved.

The BodyGuard
04-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Okc Thunder!

Eastern finals- Boston vs. Bulls
Bulls win

Western finals- L.A vs Thunder
Thunder win

Finals Okc vs Chicago
Okc in 7

Hellcrooner
04-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Andre miller>fisher
Roy<Kobe
Gerald wallace>ronron
LA=pau
Camby<Bynum
Bench favors Portland

lol, thats delusional man.

millerandco
04-02-2011, 10:48 AM
why are the nuggets there and not portland???

Mishmin
04-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Wow not a single vote for Mavs. Interesting.

^Also I agree, Portland should be on there, they looking very fluid.

Avenged
04-02-2011, 11:29 AM
OKC Thunder, no question. Their athleticism will give us fits, usually athletic teams are tough to beat for the Lakers. Durant/Westbrook is a lethal duo, alongside defensive bigs in Ibaka and Perkins. I think the Lakers beat anyone out West, as a Lakers fan, I'm not too worried about any team in the conference. Celtics/Bulls/Heat are more of a threat to them at this point.

The Blazers are probably another team but I just don't see it anymore. They're not the same team that gave us fits, but then again, maybe it's the Lakers who aren't the same team.

diggerbsb
04-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow. Bitter much?

Clearly he's not a fan of team basketball or defense. But at least he seems to be on to something with this two superstar bit. What a joke.

allSUAVE
04-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Wow not a single vote for Mavs. Interesting.

^Also I agree, Portland should be on there, they looking very fluid.

right?? smh :facepalm:

damn were is the love for the mavs lol

tredigs
04-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Thunder can beat 'em this year, but if it's my life - I don't think they're likely to until next year. From that point forward, I think they have a great chance to be the champions/best team in the NBA.

Lim
04-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Andre miller>fisher
Roy<Kobe
Gerald wallace>ronron
LA=pau
Camby<Bynum
Bench favors Portland

lol this guy just said lamarcus aldridge = pau gasol... smfh :facepalm:

Evolution23
04-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Wow. Bitter much?

I think u know its the truth. Don't get mad at the truth.

Evolution23
04-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Clearly he's not a fan of team basketball or defense. But at least he seems to be on to something with this two superstar bit. What a joke.

clearly the nuggets ain't beating the lakers and if you think so than you are a joke.

stejay
04-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Thunder.

stejay
04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Andre miller>fisher
Roy<Kobe
Gerald wallace>ronron
LA=pau
Camby<Bynum
Bench favors Portland

Hahahahahahahahahaha. This made me literally laugh out loud. You cannot be serious.
Plus, Lakers bench is better than the Blazers.

thedfactor
04-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Voted OKC, clearly most others are too

PhillyFaninLA
04-02-2011, 12:50 PM
why are the nuggets there and not portland???

I tend to think on polls like this you need to either say out of the listed teams or add other

Kobes a Killer
04-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Nobody can beat the lakers right now besides themselves

Baller1
04-02-2011, 01:05 PM

Ibaka is 7th in the league in FG%, makes his FT's at about an 80% clip, and has range out to about 18 ft. Don't underestimate Ibaka's improved offensive game.

With that said, no one is beating the Lakers out West this year; if someone does, it will be us though.

TSTRocks
04-02-2011, 01:08 PM
With the way the Thunder are playing right now, there's no doubt it's OKC. Their young players are stepping up, and with Kendrick Perkins being the big man in the middle that Oklahoma City has needed the last couple years, I think they pose the biggest threat out West to everyone. Should be an exciting series if the Lakers and Thunder meet up.

jrands
04-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm going to say either OKC or Portland. Lakers tend to have a more difficult time with athletic teams who like to run which is OKC. Also, Portland always gives the Lakers a tough time because they just seem to matchup well. Out of the east, well, just glad Charlotte won't be coming out of the east.

shep33
04-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Ibaka is 7th in the league in FG%, makes his FT's at about an 80% clip, and has range out to about 18 ft. Don't underestimate Ibaka's improved offensive game.

With that said, no one is beating the Lakers out West this year; if someone does, it will be us though.

As a Laker fan I think you guys are the toughest, Spurs are still tough too as are the Mavs if Butler gets back. Honestly the key is Bynum, if he is healthy and producing like he has been then its tough to beat us, still possible for sure, but just tough. I like how the Thunder matchup with us, should be an epic series if it happens.

The BodyGuard
04-02-2011, 01:18 PM

Exactly, Now that green is gone. People can see how ibaka is capable of doing on both offensively n defensely. But if any team that can beat the Lakers it will be us(Revenge)

DenButsu
04-02-2011, 01:28 PM
I think u know its the truth. Don't get mad at the truth.

Heh. I'm not the one with anything to be mad about. I'm not the one with a chip on my shoulder going well out of my way to take a dig at another team.

I've seen the value of having a "superstar" (the one now on your team, that is) in the playoffs. And six times out of seven that value was: One and done.

The Final Boss
04-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Nobodies beating the lakers.....

Not one can beat the Lakers.

The BodyGuard
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Not one can beat the Lakers.

Don't be too cocky now, If anybody it WILL be us

shep33
04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Laker fans, myself included lets not get cocky, there are great teams still out in the west, if we want to talk smack and what not lets do it in our forum, that's really what its there for.

I agree if we're healthy were a dominant team, but we shouldn't look like we just won the chip boys. OKC, Dallas, and the Spurs all tough.

jneises21
04-02-2011, 01:59 PM
If Nick Collison isn't out of place, they take the lakers into game 7 last year...so it's got to be them

faze38
04-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Thunder by far I think they just might be able to do it as long as Durant doesn't get into foul trouble guarding Kobe!

USMCLaker
04-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Andre miller>fisher
Roy<Kobe
Gerald wallace>ronron
LA=pau
Camby<Bynum
Bench favors Portland

^This.

I can't believe it took two pages for someone to say this, Portland always gives us tough battles shorthanded or not.

iliketurtles24
04-02-2011, 03:09 PM
timberwolves, enough said

John Walls Era
04-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Thunder and Spurs. Then the other teams. Then the Mavs. Mavs have no chance of winning against the Lakers.

Jewelz0376
04-02-2011, 03:41 PM

Yea Ibaka has improved I probably exaggerated and even Perk can finish well...but neither one of them can really attack Bynum or Pau 1 on 1...

Ibaka has a decent jumper, but any possession that ends with him shooting a 15-18 footer I'm happy...better that then a Durant J or Westbrook attacking the paint...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Spurs.

Baller1
04-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Yea Ibaka has improved I probably exaggerated and even Perk can finish well...but neither one of them can really attack Bynum or Pau 1 on 1...

Ibaka has a decent jumper, but any possession that ends with him shooting a 15-18 footer I'm happy...better that then a Durant J or Westbrook attacking the paint...

Oh no doubt, but the way I look at it... Can't be worse than last year. :laugh2:

FuriousJatt
04-02-2011, 04:14 PM
bynum and kobe health.

and maybe the blazers and thunder.

Redbull
04-02-2011, 04:22 PM
The only team I see giving them problems are the Thunder. With Perkins and Nazr in the mix now they have a nice big man rotation.

Hellcrooner
04-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Exactly, Now that green is gone. People can see how ibaka is capable of doing on both offensively n defensely. But if any team that can beat the Lakers it will be us(Revenge)

yep he is goint to be really good.

and he is taking his talents to team spain this summer :drool:

Lake_Show2416
04-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Spurs

lakeshow3peat
04-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Taking from last two years the nuggets and thunder have given them a threat so i am going to take them as well as spurs cant say they wont give a run . Mavs could but i dont see it happening .

drobe86
04-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Only the Mavs are a threat. Once we get Butler back in the playoffs, it will be a totally different story. Spurs have flamed out, Thunder aren't deep enough, and the Nuggets aren't beating anybody in the playoffs. You're not winning playoff series depending on wilson chandler and gallo as top options...

Iron24th
04-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Only the Mavs are a threat. Once we get Butler back in the playoffs, it will be a totally different story. Spurs have flamed out, Thunder aren't deep enough, and the Nuggets aren't beating anybody in the playoffs. You're not winning playoff series depending on wilson chandler and gallo as top options...

Oh yes cause a team of chokers with a guy who missed near from the whole season and has never go deep in playoffs is a big threat.

Mavs fans :facepalm:

Lake_Show2416
04-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh yes cause a team of chokers with a guy who missed near from the whole season and has never go deep in playoffs is a big threat.

haha seriously, out of all the top 4 teams in the west with HC, the Mavs woils be the least of my concerns, theyre a joke

Purple&Gold24
04-02-2011, 05:11 PM

Seems like to me the new "mavrix".

I think the grizzlies can maybe beat the mavs.

Jenceman
04-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Lol at the Mavs. They don't stand a chance.

M.Bibby2.0
04-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Portland should be a part of this poll. I would have to say the biggest threats are the Mavs, Spurs, and Blazers. I'm not buying that OKC can beat them, they're a couple seasons away from being a legitimate contender IMO, just because of there youth, they'll get there with more playoff experience. if anyone it'll be a team with a lot of vets. If Butler comes back and is effective it might be a game changer for the Mavs, they have the size necessary to beat the Lakers. Blazers always seem to give LA a hard time, and SA doesn't really need explaining.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Butler doesn't make any difference, even a healthy one.

You need size not another jumpshooting wingman.

Yankees Suck
04-02-2011, 05:50 PM
I think the biggest threat to Lakers is Kobe Bryant's health. If he gets injured the Lakers are done.

benzni
04-02-2011, 05:54 PM
if the mavs cant beat the warriors, im pretty sure the mavs cant beat the lakers :laugh:

_KB24_
04-02-2011, 05:57 PM

How will Butler solve your biggest problem of having a soft front-court?

Lim
04-02-2011, 06:43 PM
I think the biggest threat to Lakers is Kobe Bryant's health. If he gets injured the Lakers are done.

scary part is they would still be dangerous with their size. gasol would have to be the #1 option and don't forget about odom he can play literally any position.

Iron24th
04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
How will Butler solve your biggest problem of having a soft front-court?

Wow,I read your sig,I can't believe he bets with you about going deeper in playoffs when his team is always 1st or 2nd round exits,and L.A is on a current 3 straight NBA finals appearence.

Once again :facepalm: to mavs fans.

iggypop123
04-02-2011, 11:55 PM

you expect to plug in a guy who has missed so much time and just have it be fine? first he needs to have chemistry, and then he has to get in game shape. tough proposition, but barrea is such trash it might be better for them to play an injured butler than him

JordansBulls
04-03-2011, 09:46 AM
If Spurs have HCA it is them, if not, then it is Oklahoma City.

DenButsu
04-03-2011, 11:08 AM
If Spurs have HCA

Don't let chronz see this post. :smoking:

Really, though... did his thread in the stats forum not change your mind at all about the HCA thing?

I thought it was fairly damn definitive.

And by those standards, I would say the Nuggs pose the greatest threat. They have been totally dominant, second only to the Lakers, since the trade deadline, in terms of margin of victory. Everyone's sleeping on them. Which really, is fine by me. Let 'em.