PDA

View Full Version : Are last years Cavs better than this years Miami Heat?

kArSoN RyDaH
04-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Cavs finished with a better record than the Heat can finish with this year. Were they a better TEAM?

Funny how Lebron left for Miami but his team has a worse record.

Anyone think they'll get further in the playoffs than Cleveland?

John Walls Era
04-01-2011, 07:55 PM
no. Cavs were overrated last year.

ManRam
04-01-2011, 07:55 PM
We'll see. I'm not sure.

I think Cleveland was a much better constructed team. This Miami team was kind of just thrown together all at once. Given time, the upside is far greater...

Regular season isn't what any LeBron-led team should be judged by. Regular-season records can forever be thrown out the doors. The post season is really all that ever matters for him from here on out. So this question will just answer itself.

And the second sentence, saying it's funny...again isn't really doing it justice. Cleveland wasn't going anywhere. No one wanted to go there. It was clear they couldn't get the help needed to win. This isn't a one year experiment. Even if they lose in round 2, this is long from over.

Crackadalic
04-01-2011, 07:57 PM
No. Why? because the core of that team has been together for years. that team had role players who knew their role. this heat team was pretty much made from the ground up outside of wade Chalmers and haslem

We'll have a better idea how good they can be next season

NYtilIdie
04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
No, they just had a better bench.

tdunk21
04-01-2011, 08:04 PM
nothing can be said until we see what this years heat can do in the playoffs.....cavs had better role players than the present heat though, that i am sure.....

so lets see what heat can do in the playoffs with the supporting cast they have...

TylerSL
04-01-2011, 08:19 PM
1. the OP is just trying to bait

2. No they were not, since the Heat started 9-7, they are 43-16, that is almost a 3/1 W/L ratio. If they would have started the season at the pace they are now, (aka if Wade didnt miss the preseason, and didnt play with all 3 of them for the first time @Boston) they would be 55-20 now instead of 52-23.

3. If Wade played the preseason to build the chemestry before the season, Miller didnt get hurt right as the season was starting and Haslem didnt get injured like 15 games in they would be even better than that.........

4. That Cavs team was a complete regular season team becuase they had players around Lebron like Jamison who hasnt done anything with his career, Mo Williams and he is nowhere to be found in the playoffs, and they had a coach that ALL his offense was Lebron dribbles at the top of the key, either shoots a jumpshot, drives into the lane and gets a dunk/layup/foul, or kick it out to an open man. That is all the offense was, Lebron handeling the basketball.

5. This coach accually teaches defense unlike Mike Brown

This Heat team is alot better than last years Cavs team and it will show come playoff time

netsgiantsyanks
04-01-2011, 08:21 PM
**** no.

netsgiantsyanks
04-01-2011, 08:22 PM
in terms of team basketball and how fluent they played together, maybe. but in terms of talent, thats extremely laughable.

godolphins
04-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Cavs finished with a better record than the Heat can finish with this year
:shrug: What excatly did that get them? The regular season trophy :confused:

Ray_R
04-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Probaly because the East is a little more competitive than last year. :shrug:

still1ballin
04-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Lebron just needs better teammates. He has no help at all! He can't do it all by himself!

ManRam
04-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Lebron just needs better teammates. He has no help at all! He can't do it all by himself!

Mature response...

;)

drobe86
04-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I actually think last years Cleveland team is better than this years Miami team. They were constructed a lot better and were a better team. This Miami team= 2 and a half men

still1ballin
04-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Mature response...

;)

:)

godolphins
04-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I actually think last years Cleveland team is better than this years Miami team. They were constructed a lot better and were a better team. This Miami team= 2 and a half men

Well that's original and everyone in the media and in the sports world is calling them the Big three and here you are with this

hgtiger32
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
I'll keep my response short even though I could go into great detail. I'll say the Heat team is better because in the playoffs it's going to be a nightmare for teams to play a best of & against a team that has both LeBron and Wade on it. I know they'll probably get the 3 seed but no way in hell would I want my team playing both LeBron and Wade in a best of 7.

TylerSL
04-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I'll keep my response short even though I could go into great detail. I'll say the Heat team is better because in the playoffs it's going to be a nightmare for teams to play a best of & against a team that has both LeBron and Wade on it. I know they'll probably get the 3 seed but no way in hell would I want my team playing both LeBron and Wade in a best of 7.

exact reason why I am sure they will be SCARY in the playoffs.

TylerSL
04-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Well that's original and everyone in the media and in the sports world is calling them the Big three and here you are with this

apperently he thinks his 3rd best option is averaging better than 18/8 :shrug:

mttwlsn16
04-01-2011, 09:51 PM

:laugh::clap:

mttwlsn16
04-01-2011, 09:53 PM
but really, no way are last yrs cavs as good as this years heat...talent wise not even close

Storch
04-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Record wise, it seems that way. But when it comes down to it the Heat this year are more built for the playoffs with their big three as opposed to Cleveland last year with only Lebron.

AKAYaReal
04-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Joke of a post. How many games did last yrs or the yr before that Cavs team win in the finals? I'll wait..........

Really this is premature because no one has seen them perform at all in the playoffs yet.

If those Cavs proved anything to us, they proved that the regular season record means nothing. The 4th seed team in the east made it to the finals last yr.

Dnovakovic099
04-01-2011, 11:48 PM
exact reason why I am sure they will be SCARY in the playoffs.

Yes the Heat are scary to play against, but they are suppose to be above scary. They are suppose to be the favorites. Instead, the Bulls took their role. Also, if the Heat get the two seed it will be difficult rode to the finals. They will have to face the Knicks then Boston and then the Bulls probably or maybe Orlando. That will be a tough rode. Not saying they can't do it, but I would give Boston and Chicago a better chance to get there than the Heat and that is sad seeing as though how hyped they were before the season. All this give them time ******** is crap! Half of the Bulls team is new and they instantly got MUCH better. The Heat need interior play and a bench. Also, it wouldn't hurt if LeBron and Wade started to learn how to play off the ball.

Dnovakovic099
04-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Oh, and all this 5 to 6 championships ******** is not going to happen. One reason is that Wade will not age well. He is not going to age like Ray Allen or Kobe Bryant because he is not a shooter. LeBron ****ed up by going to Miami! He should stayed in Clevland and hoped to God that another star player comes and they make a solid team like Chicago did because if LeBron won just 4 titles with the Cavs he would have been the best player ever. Think about it one of the most dominating players in history takes his hometown team that has very little popularity to 4 championships! This is why Derrick Rose is MVP. Yes, he is a great player, but lets be real LeBron is better than Rose, but Rose is loyal, Humble, and a true leader. I rather have that on my team than LeBron.

Lakers4ItAll
04-01-2011, 11:58 PM

2. No they were not, since the Heat started 9-7, they are 43-16, that is almost a 3/1 W/L ratio. If they would have started the season at the pace they are now, (aka if Wade didnt miss the preseason, and didnt play with all 3 of them for the first time @Boston) they would be 55-20 now instead of 52-23.

3. If Wade played the preseason to build the chemestry before the season, Miller didnt get hurt right as the season was starting and Haslem didnt get injured like 15 games in they would be even better than that.........

4. That Cavs team was a complete regular season team becuase they had players around Lebron like Jamison who hasnt done anything with his career, Mo Williams and he is nowhere to be found in the playoffs, and they had a coach that ALL his offense was Lebron dribbles at the top of the key, either shoots a jumpshot, drives into the lane and gets a dunk/layup/foul, or kick it out to an open man. That is all the offense was, Lebron handeling the basketball.

This Heat team is alot better than last years Cavs team and it will show come playoff time

If if if...... and this years Heat coach is no better than Brown

SteBO
04-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Yes the Heat are scary to play against, but they are suppose to be above scary. They are suppose to be the favorites. Instead, the Bulls took their role. Also, if the Heat get the two seed it will be difficult rode to the finals. They will have to face the Knicks then Boston and then the Bulls probably or maybe Orlando. That will be a tough rode. Not saying they can't do it, but I would give Boston and Chicago a better chance to get there than the Heat and that is sad seeing as though how hyped they were before the season. All this give them time ******** is crap! Half of the Bulls team is new and they instantly got MUCH better. The Heat need interior play and a bench. Also, it wouldn't hurt if LeBron and Wade started to learn how to play off the ball.
Calm down buddy. It's year one, and if you were actually listening to the media spewing their nonsense in the offseason, than it's your fault for feeling this way. What the media says is irelevant. I don't understand why some people can't think for themselves and have to rely on media outlets to make decisions for them. :facepalm: I don't see how anyone could see this team win 70+ games, when they had no chemistry, or familiarity with the Heat system on both ends of the floor. BTW, this years' Heat team far and away better than the Cavs last year, and it isn't even close, though it's still hard and farfetched to say since we haven't seen them play in the playoffs yet, which is where they'll ultimately be judged. @dnovakovich99 If LeBron stayed in CLE, there was no way he'd win a championship in the near future. He could pray to God all he wants, it was pretty clear no other star wanted to play in CLE. Bosh wanted a bigger market, and Wades' first choice was to stay in MIA from the beginning. The Cavs had a chance for Amare, but PHX wanted better pieces than the Cavs were offering, which shows a lot. Back on topic, though. I know people don't want to hear this, but this team still needs time. They're nowhere being complete yet, and yet because of the big three alone, they still have a chance at the title this year.

fadedmario
04-02-2011, 12:27 AM
**** no

_KB24_
04-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Last year's Cavs team was unquestionably the better TEAM. They're chemistry was sky rocketing and they had a system in place. I still can't identify what this Heat team is on offense.

RowanJournalist
04-02-2011, 01:42 AM
They're deeper, but Wade, LeBron and Bosh is just too much.

shep33
04-02-2011, 02:03 AM
I think this Heat team is better. The Cavs team had better role players, but I'd take the Heat with Wade, lebron and Bosh

Iron24th
04-02-2011, 02:05 AM
They might have a worse record than last year's Cavs,but they might go farther in playoffs,now that their go to guy isn't LBJ the quitter anymore, D-Wade is a much better closer.

Jewelz0376
04-02-2011, 02:13 AM
We'll see come playoff time

RowanJournalist
04-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Most likely the Heat vs. Philly imo. I cant wait to match up our deep bench against theirs.

JB0B0
04-02-2011, 02:23 AM
We'll find out in the playoffs

cubswin25
04-02-2011, 02:23 AM
I think Cleveland was a much better constructed team. This Miami team was kind of just thrown together all at once. Given time, the upside is far greater...

I agree, IMO Lebron never had a strong second option on the Cavs. Even though they were a lot of good role players on that team. So if Lebron had Bosh over Hickson/Wallace/Jamison or Wade over Mo Williams with the rest of the Cavs roster. I think that team would be much better then the current Heat team. But the Cavs teams the last few years vs the current Heat team. Well I would take the current Heat team, because I don't think Lebron would have won anything with the Cavs. Unless they had a good second option who could get the team 20 plus on consistent basis along with his production.

cubswin25
04-02-2011, 02:27 AM
I think this Heat team is better. The Cavs team had better role players, but I'd take the Heat with Wade, lebron and Bosh

I agree, but sometimes having a superstar and another really good player. Along with 4-5 good role players. Is better then having two superstars and 1 really good player and 2 or 3 good role players. Just look at the Spurs and Lakers teams over the past 10 years. That's basically how they have been built.

TylerSL
04-02-2011, 06:14 PM
If if if...... and this years Heat coach is no better than Brown

lol yes he is.......

TylerSL
04-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Calm down buddy. It's year one, and if you were actually listening to the media spewing their nonsense in the offseason, than it's your fault for feeling this way. What the media says is irelevant. I don't understand why some people can't think for themselves and have to rely on media outlets to make decisions for them. :facepalm: I don't see how anyone could see this team win 70+ games, when they had no chemistry, or familiarity with the Heat system on both ends of the floor. BTW, this years' Heat team far and away better than the Cavs last year, and it isn't even close, though it's still hard and farfetched to say since we haven't seen them play in the playoffs yet, which is where they'll ultimately be judged. @dnovakovich99 If LeBron stayed in CLE, there was no way he'd win a championship in the near future. He could pray to God all he wants, it was pretty clear no other star wanted to play in CLE. Bosh wanted a bigger market, and Wades' first choice was to stay in MIA from the beginning. The Cavs had a chance for Amare, but PHX wanted better pieces than the Cavs were offering, which shows a lot. Back on topic, though. I know people don't want to hear this, but this team still needs time. They're nowhere being complete yet, and yet because of the big three alone, they still have a chance at the title this year.

this

Lakerhead4ever
04-02-2011, 06:37 PM
lets face it guys. the cavs were better. lets not forget the damage they did last yr and the yr before.

although, they were not a good playoff team, mainly bcuz his team mates were immature and not ready for the big lights.

i do think they would have eventually pulled thru and win a ring or two. i would have respected lebron SO much if he would have stayed and won.

RIPSweetness34
04-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Ohhhh man here we go. Only way to tell will be in the playoffs, last years Cavs were certainly more consistant. We are going to get a bunch of Butt hurt heat fans here yelling at us as to why we are all stupid for thinking that last years Cavs could possibly beat this years group of premadonnas. This thing needs a poll.

JordansBulls
04-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Cavs finished with a better record than the Heat can finish with this year. Were they a better TEAM?

Cavs were favorite to win it all in 2009 and 2010 by nearly every expert out there. Miami this year from the beginning was favorite to win the east and have the best record as well.

allSUAVE
04-03-2011, 10:02 AM
yup they had good role players around Lebron, mo williams ,jj hickson ,gibson ,anderson varejao ,shaq and more they had a good supporting cast.

tdunk21
04-03-2011, 10:47 AM

i witnessed that.....

Big Zo
04-03-2011, 11:10 AM
The Heat without LeBron would still make the playoffs. The Cavs without LeBron are now the worst team in the league.

MickeyMgl
04-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Yes. Their record will reflect this.

(Unrelated: It's interesting that this year's Cavs have more wins against the league's top teams than the Heat do.)

MickeyMgl
04-03-2011, 11:34 AM
That Cavs team was a complete regular season team becuase they had players around Lebron like Jamison who hasnt done anything with his career

2-time All-Star, career 20 ppg 8 rpg, 22/9 the season before joining the Cavs.

Mo Williams and he is nowhere to be found in the playoffs

Mo Williams has played in the playoffs, in Milwaukee. Or did you mean just this lost season? He's missed half the year due to injury.

they had a coach that ALL his offense was Lebron dribbles at the top of the key, either shoots a jumpshot, drives into the lane and gets a dunk/layup/foul, or kick it out to an open man. That is all the offense was, Lebron handeling the basketball.

That's what Lebron wanted.

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 11:41 AM
The Cavs could've gone deeper in the playoffs last year if LeBron didn't quit on his team. "Ouch my elbow hurts! Someone give me a box of tissues."

kntresistheheat
04-03-2011, 12:04 PM
The Cavs could've gone deeper in the playoffs last year if LeBron didn't quit on his team. "Ouch my elbow hurts! Someone give me a box of tissues."

Did you not see his numbers in the playoffs? He almost avg a triple double with the so called elbow injury??

Young and Stupid
04-03-2011, 12:22 PM
I just gotta say that the hate for LeBron is so undeserving -- and in turn comical -- that it's caused me to root for the Heat in the playoffs. Unbelievable.

k.smith904
04-03-2011, 12:50 PM

If, if, if, if.

If the Heat didn't lose a game all year, they'd be undefeated!

ZOMG! :speechless::speechless::speechless:

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Did you not see his numbers in the playoffs? He almost avg a triple double with the so called elbow injury??

Which game? Was it the game he turned into a chucker?

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 01:22 PM
If, if, if, if.

Yeah you could say the same thing about the Cavs last year. If Shaq, and Delonte weren't injured or fighting bi-polar issues last. If Z wasn't traded to Washington. They would've won more games.

JordansBulls
04-03-2011, 01:23 PM
The Heat without LeBron would still make the playoffs. The Cavs without LeBron are now the worst team in the league.

If you lose Shaq, Big Z, West, Mike Brown and etc then yes.

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 01:32 PM

And don't forget Varejao, and Williams to injury. Jamison too.

Hoopsadvocate
04-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Heres the standings.

http://www.nba.com/standings/2009/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

By the logic of the op and others saying the cavs were better, the lakers, mavs, bulls, celtics... pretty much everyone but the spurs as they are the only ones with a better winning percentage right now...

Good logic PSD!

wait for the playoffs to end then make this thread.

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 05:43 PM
2-time All-Star, career 20 ppg 8 rpg, 22/9 the season before joining the Cavs.

Mo Williams has played in the playoffs, in Milwaukee. Or did you mean just this lost season? He's missed half the year due to injury.

That's what Lebron wanted.

1. Im not saying Jamison is bad, but he has never won anything in his career, did you expect him to win last year????

2. Mo hasnt ever done anything good in the playoffs consistantly

3. If Lebron wanted it so bad, why did he complain about it when Spo was doing it at the begining of the season? He HAD to do it in Cleveland because besides him, that team was trash, as seen this season.......

Big Zo
04-03-2011, 05:50 PM

Shaq has been out and hasn't done **** for the Celts this year. Chances are he'd be doing the same if he stayed in Cleveland. The other guys won't make them much better, either.

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 05:50 PM
If, if, if, if.

all I am saying is, this Heat team is gonna win like 58 games give or take, and they havent been healthy all year......

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 05:53 PM

they won 66 games the year before they had shaq..........

Mike Brown accually hurt that team more than he helped.....

Yea the loss to Z and Delonte hurt, but how many more games do you think they would win if they had them?? I would say 5 or 6 at best........

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
all I am saying is, this Heat team is gonna win like 58 games give or take, and they havent been healthy all year......

So... same with the Cavs last year. And your Big 3 hasn't been injured. Only the role players.

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 05:58 PM
1. Im not saying Jamison is bad, but he has never won anything in his career, did you expect him to win last year????

2. Mo hasnt ever done anything good in the playoffs consistantly

3. If Lebron wanted it so bad, why did he complain about it when Spo was doing it at the begining of the season? He HAD to do it in Cleveland because besides him, that team was trash, as seen this season.......

The Cavs have had a complete makeover. If you can't see that than it's obvious your blinded by your own homerism

Big Zo
04-03-2011, 05:58 PM
So... same with the Cavs last year. And your Big 3 hasn't been injured. Only the role players.

False! They have all missed games and Wade missed the entire preseason.

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 06:06 PM
The Cavs have had a complete makeover. If you can't see that than it's obvious your blinded by your own homerism

If you still cant understand that Lebron never had a chance in Cleveland or had anything near a championship team, that you are the one who is blinded by homerism.........

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 06:09 PM

you right, Wade Lebron and Bosh have been injured a little bit not much, but I think anybody knows that injuries to your top 2 role players kill your teams depth......

nickdymez
04-03-2011, 06:12 PM

So if someone makes a thread thats not praising the heat, then they are baiting? Your a homer.

On topic, of course last years cavs team were better. They were as top heavy obviously, but there were much more well rounded

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 06:15 PM
So if someone makes a thread thats not praising the heat, then they are baiting? Your a homer.

On topic, of course last years cavs team were better. They were as top heavy obviously, but there were much more well rounded

1. No, if you make a thread*** just to bash Lebron for leaving Cleveland, like the OP did, that is baiting.....

2. Cavs team last year was better??? Lets wait and see when the playoffs start....

nickdymez
04-03-2011, 06:16 PM

Yea, those numbers are empty. The last 2 games he vanished in the 4th. No one watches games on this site, they just look up numbers.

ElMarroAfamado
04-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Its The Nets.

ElMarroAfamado
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
1. No, if you make a threat just to bash Lebron for leaving Cleveland, like the OP did, that is baiting.....

2. Cavs team last year was better??? Lets wait and see when the playoffs start....

haha Yeah lets wait. :rolleyes:

nickdymez
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Are Heat fans really that sensitive that they think there is any bashing in this post? He was saying its ironic that Lebron left for the heat and the heat aren't doing any better than the cavs did. Im guessing hes just judging off the regular season right now.. lol@ "Lebron bashing"

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 06:25 PM
haha Yeah lets wait. :rolleyes:

accually, I have already stated at least 2 times why this Heat team is better, and I wasnt going to explain it again, but of course you would think the Cavs were better.....

CHAD27
04-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I am willing to bet that most of you "Heat fans now'' were saying all this nice stuff about Lebron last year, but now you just have to defend your new favorite player? The fact is Lebron is the best regular season player, and when it comes to stats in the regular season he is great, but he's NOT A CLUTCH PLAYER AT ALL & IS WEAK IN PLAYOFFS & IN BIG MOMENTS, and thats ok, not everybody can be like MJ or Kobe, there's a reason why there hasn't been countless superstars on the court like that

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 06:36 PM
I am willing to bet that most of you "Heat fans now'' were saying all this nice stuff about Lebron last year, but now you just have to defend your new favorite player? The fact is Lebron is the best regular season player, and when it comes to stats in the regular season he is great, but he's NOT A CLUTCH PLAYER AT ALL & IS WEAK IN PLAYOFFS & IN BIG MOMENTS, and thats ok, not everybody can be like MJ or Kobe, there's a reason why there hasn't been countless superstars on the court like that

if you are reffering to me as "a Heat fan now" or a "Lebron fan" or w/e. I like Wade, Haslem, Mike Miller, and Bosh all better than Lebron...

krazylegz
04-03-2011, 07:00 PM

your not serious about spo being a better def. coach then mike brown are you????......are you???

krazylegz
04-03-2011, 07:02 PM
last years cavs team was better,they were crushing teams on the reg and if bron doesnt play punk against boston...who knows

Astronaut
04-03-2011, 07:05 PM
We'll see. I'm not sure.

Regular season isn't what any LeBron-led team should be judged by. Regular-season records can forever be thrown out the doors. The post season is really all that ever matters for him from here on out. So this question will just answer itself.

And the second sentence, saying it's funny...again isn't really doing it justice. Cleveland wasn't going anywhere. No one wanted to go there. It was clear they couldn't get the help needed to win. This isn't a one year experiment. Even if they lose in round 2, this is long from over.

This is what ticks me off..

First of all, last year in particular, the Cavaliers were unable to acquire Amar'e Stoudemire from the Suns because Sarver/Kerr backed out, not Ferry.. A deal had been set during the previous deadline and Sarver was reluctant to pull the trigger. The Cavs were willing to part with J.J. Hickson during the deal, contrary to what the national media may think.. This is why they acquired Jamison, which was their backup plan. They weren't going to go away empty-handedly like they did at the deadline the year before.

Also, during the offseason many FA were willing to come to Cleveland if LeBron could commit, but he never did(Examples: Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza) no-one wants to be stuck in Cleveland of all cities on a losing team, it wasn't just the front-office, it was LeBron as well.

Also, look at LeBron's FG% in the Celtics Series
Game 6- 8-21 (38%) 9 Turnovers
Game 5- 3-14 (21%) 3 Turnovers

The other games, his statline looked good but he averaged about 5 turnovers per game.. The turnovers weren't just any ones, they were when we were making a run, also many were unforced.

Your kidding yourself if you think that if LeBron played badly, the Cavs would have won.. Not just because the players were mediocre, but the whole offense flowed through him, LeBron was the true PG on the team, so if we was playing badly, the Cavaliers had NO chance whatsoever, moreso because of how the offense flowed through him than the skill of his supporting cast..

Who will be better? It's impossible to tell, but the Heat could be very scary if the fully utilize they LBJ/D-Wade pick&roll.

Also, this years Cavaliers team is completely different from last years..
Anderson Varajao/Jamison are out for the season(they are key players.)

Bolded are new.

5 Baron Davis PG 31 6-3 215 UCLA $14,000,000
9 Semih Erden C 24 6-11 240 $473,604
8 Christian Eyenga G 21 6-5 210 $1,020,960
33 Alonzo Gee SG 23 6-6 220 Alabama $641,141
1 Daniel Gibson PG 25 6-2 200 Texas $4,015,334
12 Joey Graham SG 28 6-7 230 Oklahoma State $992,680
44 Luke Harangody F 23 6-7 251 Notre Dame $473,604
6 Manny Harris G 21 6-5 185 Michigan $473,604
21 J.J. Hickson PF 22 6-9 242 North Carolina State $1,528,920
5 Ryan Hollins C 26 7-0 240 UCLA $2,333,333
4 Antawn Jamison PF 34 6-9 235 North Carolina $13,358,905
18 Anthony Parker SG 35 6-6 210 Bradley $2,855,769
24 Samardo Samuels PF 22 6-9 260 Louisville $500,000
3 Ramon Sessions PG 24 6-3 190 Nevada $3,964,320

Also, Gibson/Parker have been injured for at-least a few weeks throughout this season. Williams was also out for quite a while before his trade to LAC, Moon was a bench-warmer..

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 07:25 PM
your not serious about spo being a better def. coach then mike brown are you????......are you???

yes, as a matter of fact I am. Did you see Miami's roster last year??? Second best in defense behind Charlotte....

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 07:29 PM
last years cavs team was better,they were crushing teams on the reg and if bron doesnt play punk against boston...who knows

this heat team is going to have almost the same record as last years Cavs team, but reg. season doesnt matter at all. the #4 seed made the Finals last year in the East..... This Heat team will be more dangerous in the playoffs than last years Cavs.

ne3xchamps
04-03-2011, 07:43 PM
no. Cavs were overrated last year.

same could be said about the heat. :cool:

Jewelz0376
04-03-2011, 07:52 PM
yes, as a matter of fact I am. Did you see Miami's roster last year??? Second best in defense behind Charlotte....

What do you mean?? Imo Mia had a pretty good defensive roster last year Wade, Oneal, Haslem, Chalmers, QRich, and Joel are good defenders..

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 08:14 PM
What do you mean?? Imo Mia had a pretty good defensive roster last year Wade, Oneal, Haslem, Chalmers, QRich, and Joel are good defenders..

while I do agree that Wade, Haslem, and Chalmers are good defenders. Joel is just a shot blocker, not really much else. O'Neal was always injured before he comes to miami. He comes to miami, and he is healthy, so yea he played good D cuz he was healthy while he was here. Q Rich was overweight and went to 4 different teams in the offseason (Miami being the 4th). The Heat get him in shape so he did play good D. So I would argue that O'Neal and QRich were good at D last year because Miami (in a way) revived their careers. (Exept O'Neal is injured again this year....). But QRich got a 3 year deal worth 7.5 mil out of it.

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
same could be said about the heat. :cool:

same could be said about Rondo......

heyman321
04-03-2011, 09:07 PM
They might have a worse record than last year's Cavs,but they might go farther in playoffs,now that their go to guy isn't LBJ the quitter anymore, D-Wade is a much better closer.

Lol he quit on his team cause it was crap. Kobe quit and whined until Kupchuk stole Gasol from the Grizz and now it's all good huh:rolleyes:

Skippy15
04-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Better TEAM? Yes. More talent? No.

JCSchwa
04-03-2011, 09:43 PM
cavs were pretty much the best team all year last year, the same can obviously not be said about this years heat

nickdymez
04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
same could be said about Rondo......

You mad?

nickdymez
04-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Lol he quit on his team cause it was crap. Kobe quit and whined until Kupchuk stole Gasol from the Grizz and now it's all good huh:rolleyes:

Demanding a trade in the offseason isnt the same as quitting in the playoffs..

cypherthor
04-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Last years Cavs are nowhere near this years Miami heat...

nickdymez
04-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Last years Cavs are nowhere near this years Miami heat...

You talking about the 60 plus win cavs?

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 11:44 PM
False! They have all missed games and Wade missed the entire preseason.

They haven't missed anywhere near the amount of games the players on the Heat had. The big 3 has prob played in 95 percent of the games. And the pre-season isn't part of the regular season. And Wade being a top 5 player it shouldn't matter as much.

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 11:52 PM
If you still cant understand that Lebron never had a chance in Cleveland or had anything near a championship team, that you are the one who is blinded by homerism.........

You're putting words in my mouth. Never said they were gonna win a championship. I'm just stating that last years Cavs (without LeBron) weren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. BTW here's the lyrics for "Blinded by the Light."

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/blow/blindedbythelight.htm

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 11:56 PM
you right, Wade Lebron and Bosh have been injured a little bit not much, but I think anybody knows that injuries to your top 2 role players kill your teams depth......

And injuries to your top 3-4 starters kill your season (this season).
And playing by your rules injuries to your top role players (Delonte, Shaq) kill your depth (last season, 61 wins).

Arch Stanton
04-03-2011, 11:58 PM
1. No, if you make a thread*** just to bash Lebron for leaving Cleveland, like the OP did, that is baiting.....

I agree. Let's wait and see where the Heat go in the playoffs. They have two of the top 5 players in the NBA. There really shouldn't be any excuses.

hotpotato1092
04-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Do Heat fans realize that by saying the OP is baiting, they are actually the ones who are baiting? And yes I know there's an element of baiting out of me here, but bear with me. This is a totally valid question. People assumed the Heat would be a juggernaut, why is it not worth asking given their worse record, whether or not the team their best player left was better? Heat fans, get off your high horse, every thread is not meant to bash you, this is a totally valid question.

LA_Raiders
04-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Yes, Cleveland had more dept. miami is a 2.5 men show...

HiphopRelated
04-04-2011, 09:02 AM
No they're not better..and the role players are easier to find over the long haul than stars.

The MLE over 3 years could rebuild the Cleveland cast but with Lebron, Wade and Bosh. There's nothing Cleveland could do to have the top level talent

tcav701
04-04-2011, 09:18 AM
The question is:

Are least year's Cavs better than THIS year's Heat?

People who are talking about next year and the year after are avoiding the question at hand.

If LAST years Cavs played THIS years Heat in a 7 game series, I think it's a toss up. So I will be the first person after 7 pages of nonsense to answer the question.

Yes.

sjoerdje
04-04-2011, 09:55 AM
yeah cleveland was better because they were more consistend, but thats the danger with this heat they are so inconsistend that youll never know what you're going to get get.

in their ups they can be the best team ever and in their downs, well if they play down agianst for example New York they can lose that series.

effen5
04-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Are last years Cavs better then this years Miami team? Yes.

To Tyler...did that Cavs team have a chance at winning a title? Yes. Especially this year if that team was still intact, especially with Boston struggling late in the season.

mikealike305
04-04-2011, 10:20 AM
We'll see come the playoffs.

SteBO
04-04-2011, 11:10 AM
No they aren't. In the long run, star power wins out. History has proven that time and time again. Teams will go as far as their stars take them, and that's the bottom line.

general33
04-04-2011, 11:36 AM
cavs 2010

marlinsfan24
04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
No they aren't. In the long run, star power wins out. History has proven that time and time again. Teams will go as far as their stars take them, and that's the bottom line.

Thank you.

nickdymez
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM

The 04' Lakers had four hall of famers in the starting lineup. Having 2 superstars doesn't mean your automatically gonna win. Chemistry, coaching, ego's all play a factor in that.

SteBO
04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
The 04' Lakers had four hall of famers in the starting lineup. Having 2 superstars doesn't mean your automatically gonna win. Chemistry, coaching, ego's all play a factor in that.
I'm including that aspect, and you're just proving my point with your post. Wade, LeBron, Bosh have all proved they left their egos at the door. Apparently, that Laker team didn't do what these guys have done. We'll what we have in coaching after a couple years, chemistry has been pretty good, but can be better. Again, the playoffs will tell all.

Missing56&33
04-04-2011, 12:24 PM

good question.......If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland and somehow they was able to add Baron Davis like they did......they might have been able to do something this year. I don't think the Heat is no better than last years Cavs right now. I don't think the Heat will get out of the second round.

JordansBulls
04-04-2011, 05:29 PM
good question.......If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland and somehow they was able to add Baron Davis like they did......they might have been able to do something this year. I don't think the Heat is no better than last years Cavs right now. I don't think the Heat will get out of the second round.

If they play the Celtics that series is going 7 no matter who has HCA.

godolphins
04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
The playoff will tell all.......

Astronaut
04-04-2011, 07:40 PM

If LeBron had stayed, there is no way the Cavaliers would have even tried to obtain Davis..

The Davis trade was solely for the Clippers unprotected 1st rounder.. Gilbert was willing to take on salary and Davis will be a HUGE expiring in a short while. However, the trade jumpstarted the Cavaliers rebuild.

On Topic: It depends on how Miami's bench performs in the playoffs, it will be exciting to see them and the Knicks in 2011-2012 after adding bench depth.