PDA

View Full Version : D-Rose playing SG

heatking
04-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Lets say the bulls manage to snatch a top pg like cp3 in free agency, and their main weakness ia sg.

How many of u feel drose will be more effective playing SG?

redwhitenblue
04-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Why would the Bulls go out to grab a top PG if their main weakness is SG? Why not try to get a SG?

Jewelz0376
04-01-2011, 04:18 PM
1) Why would the Bulls go after a pg?? they already have one
2) Who's going to guard to 2's on defense...Cuz Rose sure as hell can't

smiddy012
04-01-2011, 04:19 PM
No.

And Rose can guard 2s, he's a "bad defender" just like "he has no jumpshot or three pointer" just like "he can't get to the line." His defense has improved as much as any part of his game this season.

haggis
04-01-2011, 04:20 PM
No.

Lake_Show2416
04-01-2011, 04:22 PM
No.

Sadds The Gr8
04-01-2011, 04:25 PM
yes.

ChitownSports16
04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Dumb.............

Crackadalic
04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
No. I can understand a guy like tyreke evans who was suppose to play pg but failed at it but Drose more then enough prove he can play the point

Hellcrooner
04-01-2011, 04:28 PM
only if bulls want him to go negligent and be the next allen iverson.

madvillian9
04-01-2011, 04:31 PM
yes.

tool

stawka
04-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Iverson 2.0

stawka
only if bulls want him to go negligent and be the next allen iverson.

Too late for that

Jewelz0376
No.

And Rose can guard 2s, he's a "bad defender" just like "he has no jumpshot or three pointer" just like "he can't get to the line." His defense has improved as much as any part of his game this season.

Yea he can defend pg's...Be in order to defend the 2's a Rose height you gotta be a elite defender... There aren't too many guys that can be undersized 2s and defend well like Tony Allen and Afflalo

abe_froman
04-01-2011, 04:36 PM
i doubt it.he's shorter than the ideal sg and so might not be as effective there.besides he doesnt want to play as sg,so...

goose15
04-01-2011, 04:39 PM
just get a SG and keep Rose at PG.

nitric
04-01-2011, 04:39 PM
He should just become a sixth man

MickeyMgl
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Lets say the bulls manage to snatch a top pg like cp3 in free agency, and their main weakness ia sg.

Less effective. Less effective without the ball in his hands. Improved though he may be, he is not a shooter. He's a PG all the way.

allSUAVE
04-01-2011, 04:42 PM
wow at this thread. derrick rose is their point guard

second i dont think they could or would go for him in the first place.

Shmontaine
04-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Yea he can defend pg's...Be in order to defend the 2's a Rose height you gotta be a elite defender... There aren't too many guys that can be undersized 2s and defend well like Tony Allen and Afflalo

i like afflalo... i believe Tony Allen has some people in the good city of Chicago that would prefer to see him dead, rather than alive... i know he death threats a few years ago when the Celtics were in town... i can't remember exactly, but i think he owed some gang members money or something... either way, i don't see TA coming to Chicago for any extended period of time.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-01-2011, 04:48 PM
dumb thread

Shonuff
04-01-2011, 04:48 PM
This thread needs to be closed for baiting.

Shammyguy3
04-01-2011, 04:50 PM
He should just become a sixth man

should I make that thread or do you want to take the honor?

GreatMustachio1
04-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Who the heck is Drose? I've honestly never heard of this guy. Can someone fill me in?

theheatles
04-01-2011, 04:55 PM
bulls aren't going to have all that cap space for long...noahs salary goes from like 3 mill to 12 mill a yr and rose is going to get a max deal after next season...bulls aren't going to add another star in the near future

SeoulBeatz
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Well A.I was a 6'0 SG so D Rose could def pull it off, but this would make no sense.

If the bulls had a chance to land a big FA why not just go after a SG??

DodgerBulls
04-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Um, No.

Yes, he has speed and improved defensively, but just come on. SGs are much bigger than PGs. He would need a lot of rest just to guard SGs every game. You might as well move a SF to guard a PF/C on the regular basis.

Cool007
04-01-2011, 05:55 PM
This has to be a "April Fools" joke right???

I hope so. Coz it's very DUMB.

DerekRE_3
04-01-2011, 06:27 PM
No. I can understand a guy like tyreke evans who was suppose to play pg but failed at it but Drose more then enough prove he can play the point

False statement on both counts. He was never "supposed to play PG" and he didn't "fail at it." He's a guard. He can play forward too. He can play anything besides the 4 or 5, on offense and defense.

Southsideheat
04-01-2011, 06:35 PM
They may get a true SG that can handle the ball to give him a rest but Rose will always be considered the PG.

heatking
04-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Rose would be an undersized sg but his game is more of a scoring mentality than pass first... I think drose could turn out to be an ai or a tim hardaway if he keeps improving.

sep11ie
04-01-2011, 06:43 PM
No.

ManRam
04-01-2011, 07:52 PM
No. I think it's a terrible idea. Rose is a perfectly capable PG. I think extreme pass-first PGs are extremely overrated. Rose's strengths don't necessarily become even more pronounced as a SG.

PG is his best position. And they certainly don't need to be looking into bringing in CP3.

DLeeicious
04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
not even close to as effective as he is at PG, nowhere near as close

Missing56&33
04-02-2011, 10:10 AM

Why would the Bulls go out to grab a top PG if their main weakness is SG? Why not try to get a SG?

I think this is a great question. If you have an opportunity to get a player like CP3 you snatch him just like you stated......especially if he wants to be there and play alongside Rose and Boozer. This is why you go out and grab another all star. Rose should be able to play the SG with no problem if he wants to win a championship. I think he will be a very good SG .......he is a combo guard whether people want to admit it or not.

UKblazers
04-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Hell no hes the best penetrator in the nba,he needs the ball in his hands. Defensively regardless of what bulls fan say the games iv watched him he got abused by ANDRE MILLER he has no business trying to guard the elite SG's seeing how miller was able to post him up.

X12Celtics3
04-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Thats an awful idea. Rose should be playing point guard, I don't think he'd be nearly as effective playing off the ball, let alone having to guard shooting guards.

The BodyGuard
04-02-2011, 11:27 AM
LoL, How about getting a Sg

Lolwut?
04-02-2011, 11:32 AM
he could play with a combo guard like hinrich those guys really complimented each other

Hawkeye15
04-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I think Rose could be an effective SG, but there would be no reason for the Bulls to make the change. What for? They do need a better SG, but wing players who can score are easier to find than elite PG's. I am also suspect that Rose would defend the top SG's well. He is 6'3" at best, so he may have a tougher time guarding the Kobe's, Wade's, etc.

Lolwut?
04-02-2011, 11:40 AM
not even close to as effective as he is at PG, nowhere near as close

sg and pg aren't really different just because he's a sg doesn't mean he has to stop creating for guys and do the stereotypical sg things like chuck shots which he kind of already does... the only difference would be guarding sg's and that would be the deciding factor whether he can effectively guard that position.

goose15
04-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Id like to see Rose get some time at center..

hugepatsfan
04-02-2011, 12:32 PM
1.) Rose is a top 3 PG and will probably be top 2 by the end of next year IMO. Moving him would be stupid.

2.) His defense is improved, but I still wouldn't trust him to guard SGs. He doesn't really have the size and he isn't one of those rare exceptions on the defensive end that can do it anyway. CHIis where they are in main part because of exceptional D. Weakeniong that would be a bad idea.

3.) Rose is best w/ the ball in his hands. He likes to create his own shot. I haven't really seen him do much off ball stuff. What makes people think he would be as good of a scorer off ball as he is as a ball handler?

4.) He does a fine job of running an offense. Will he ever be as good as Nash, Rondo, Kidd, etc. at passing and creating for others? Most likely not. But that doesn't mean that he can't be as good or better of an overall PG as them. I do believe that he needs to work on his creating for others, but even if he doesn't improve ever (he likely will) he's more than adequate in that area IMO.

Evolution23
04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Well he plays like a sg so I see what you are saying but Rose shold spend his offseason developing a better jump shot and playing a lil D and passing drills.

DLeeicious
04-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Hell no hes the best penetrator in the nba,he needs the ball in his hands. Defensively regardless of what bulls fan say the games iv watched him he got abused by ANDRE MILLER he has no business trying to guard the elite SG's seeing how miller was able to post him up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAA8mLz8aJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BXzb3JVVQ

:)

DLeeicious
04-02-2011, 12:47 PM
sg and pg aren't really different just because he's a sg doesn't mean he has to stop creating for guys and do the stereotypical sg things like chuck shots which he kind of already does... the only difference would be guarding sg's and that would be the deciding factor whether he can effectively guard that position.

SG and PG are pretty different and he is clearly better playing the point and defending the point. What possible sense does this make..."The Bulls need a SG, they should get a PG and move their current PG to SG". I mean why not just get a SG lol

MelkyNYY
04-02-2011, 01:11 PM
D-Rose turns the ball over way too much to ever be considered a top 3 PG in this league. He's a great player, I agree with everyone, and he's probably a top 10 player. But when you look at the league's premier point guards (Paul, Williams, and Parker) they are far more efficient than Rose. Westbrook is closer to Paul and Williams than Rose is. By a long shot.

And I'm not saying to just go on the NBA website and look up TO/G. Look at the AST/TO ratio and you will see that D. Rose isn't even in the top 50 in the NBA.

Leaders:

Paul 4.44
Calderon 4.04
Kidd 3.64
Rondo 3.26
(insert 50 players)
Rose 2.28

I know Rose is a dedicated player, and I imagine he will work on improving his efficiency, but he's Allen Iverson-esque right now. Shooting Guard in a Point Guard's Body.

PurpleJesus28
04-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Rose would be an undersized sg but his game is more of a scoring mentality than pass first... I think drose could turn out to be an ai or a tim hardaway if he keeps improving.

he has a "scoring mentality" because he's our best offensive player and the only one that can create his own shot consistently. the way some people talk about rose you'd think he was a ball hog averaging 3 assists a game.

if sg is our weakness, why in the world wouldn't we just get a sg in FA?:facepalm:

NEILarado
04-02-2011, 02:22 PM
D-Rose turns the ball over way too much to ever be considered a top 3 PG in this league. He's a great player, I agree with everyone, and he's probably a top 10 player. But when you look at the league's premier point guards (Paul, Williams, and Parker) they are far more efficient than Rose. Westbrook is closer to Paul and Williams than Rose is. By a long shot.

And I'm not saying to just go on the NBA website and look up TO/G. Look at the AST/TO ratio and you will see that D. Rose isn't even in the top 50 in the NBA.

Leaders:

Paul 4.44
Calderon 4.04
Kidd 3.64
Rondo 3.26
(insert 50 players)
Rose 2.28

I know Rose is a dedicated player, and I imagine he will work on improving his efficiency, but he's Allen Iverson-esque right now. Shooting Guard in a Point Guard's Body.

you should be banned for this.

-Rose has the ball in his hands ALL the time and is involved in over 50% of the bulls offensive production so ofcourse he's gonna turn the ball over sometimes.
-Westbrook is one of the ONLY players in the league with MORE turnovers than Rose and he doesnt control the ball nearly as much.

If Rose had someone like Kevin Durant on his team he would be just that much better. Get your facts straight before you post a bunch of bs

NEILarado
04-02-2011, 02:29 PM
on another note..

D-Rose's dominance is because he's faster, bigger, and stronger than every other PG in the league. What sense would it make to move him to SG where he'd be one of the smallest? The kid is 22 years old and already being compared to the best players to ever touch the court and is about to be the youngest MVP in league history. He couldnt shoot threes last year and now look (btw take out the 19 desperation 3's he's taken at end of quarters and hes at 36%. and 19 is by FAR the highest # in NBA).. He couldnt defend last year and now look.. Give the kid some time he's not even close to his prime yet

swirl54
04-02-2011, 02:37 PM

Leaders:

Paul 4.44
Calderon 4.04
Kidd 3.64
Rondo 3.26
(insert 50 players)
Rose 2.28

You FAIL

swirl54
04-02-2011, 02:37 PM
you should be banned for this.

-Rose has the ball in his hands ALL the time and is involved in over 50% of the bulls offensive production so ofcourse he's gonna turn the ball over sometimes.
-Westbrook is one of the ONLY players in the league with MORE turnovers than Rose and he doesnt control the ball nearly as much.

If Rose had someone like Kevin Durant on his team he would be just that much better. Get your facts straight before you post a bunch of bs

Thanks for clearing up his hatred

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I think Rose is to small to play SG. It would also never happen in the history of ever.

Redbull
04-02-2011, 04:29 PM
:no:

JCSchwa
04-02-2011, 04:35 PM
dude the nba is not a video game....do you watch basketball outside of the team that thinks it is NBA2k11(HEAT)

why in gods name would you take the ball out of droses hands and make him guard larger players?

This plus the other thread you just created (where you actually have Rose listed as a SG) get a big ole :facepalm:

heyman321
04-02-2011, 04:36 PM
D Rose should play center. And the Bulls should try to get Deron Williams. Do you guys think this could work??? Cause D Rose can guard centers too.

smith&wesson
04-02-2011, 04:42 PM
tool

He is a tool because he think d rose can play shooting gaurd. ? i think d rose can play either gaurd position, i guess im a tool too.

Shareeb_omac2
04-02-2011, 04:56 PM
He's basically a shooting guard already...

DLeeicious
04-02-2011, 04:58 PM
He's basically a shooting guard already...

why?

heatking
04-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Lmao why are bulls fans getting upset? Im acknowledging the fact drose is a great combo guard.

redwhitenblue
04-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Lmao why are bulls fans getting upset? Im acknowledging the fact drose is a great combo guard.
He's not. He's a PG.

Lebron has brought the ball up a few times this year, that doesn't make him a PG or a G/F

tmacsc2
04-02-2011, 05:28 PM
No.

43% percent field goal shooting and 33% 3 Point shooting is not that bad at all! Granted guys like ray allen and all the other 3 ball guys are shooting in the 40s but D-Rose is all around not just 3's

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Well he plays like a sg so I see what you are saying but Rose shold spend his offseason developing a better jump shot and playing a lil D and passing drills.

:facepalm:

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey mods, how about using common sense here and realize that this douchebag is intentionally making these Rose threads so people can come in here and talk **** about him as a garbage PG. He's making it look like a legit debating thread, but look at who this guy is (a bitter Heat fan) and realize his intentions. Damn let me become a mod if yall aint gonna do yall jobs.

Lake_Show2416
04-02-2011, 05:56 PM
combo guard is just a fancy way to say he's a SG in a PG body

D. Rose is a true PG, period.

plus SGs n SFs r the easiest positions to find

CPJ08
04-02-2011, 06:29 PM
no..slap in the face to Rose

heatking
04-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey mods, how about using common sense here and realize that this douchebag is intentionally making these Rose threads so people can come in here and talk **** about him as a garbage PG. He's making it look like a legit debating thread, but look at who this guy is (a bitter Heat fan) and realize his intentions. Damn let me become a mod if yall aint gonna do yall jobs.

Calm down dude... Eitger post an intelligent responce or dont respond at all

NetsPaint
04-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Rose is playing like Iverson, at least partially. Both as PGs gets more assists, but has to have a SG mentality in order to will their team to victory.

It's something I want Chris Paul to do, especially since David West is out. And when Chris Paul is attacking the basket, his PG skills will always be there.

RIPSweetness34
04-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Monta Ellis

RIPSweetness34
04-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Calm down dude... Eitger post an intelligent responce or dont respond at all

Really? Pot, meet kettle

Kyben36
04-02-2011, 06:54 PM
How could the bulls afford CP3.

NetsPaint
04-02-2011, 07:00 PM
How could the bulls afford CP3.
I know:laugh2:.

heatking
04-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Rose is playing like Iverson, at least partially. Both as PGs gets more assists, but has to have a SG mentality in order to will their team to victory.

It's something I want Chris Paul to do, especially since David West is out. And when Chris Paul is attacking the basket, his PG skills will always be there.

Yeah cp3 pissed me off all season in fantasy.

effen5
04-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Rose is a true point guard....

But Coach Callapari and now Coach Thibs wants Rose to shoot more because he was so unselfish and now all of a sudden Rose is a SG....

just :facepalm:

DaBear
04-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Dumb thread. Anyone who thinks Rose should leave the position he's the best in the nba in to one that doesn't fit his game is an idiot.

swirl54
04-02-2011, 07:18 PM
This thread is so dumb another way to hate on Rose who is the best pg in the NBA

heatking
04-02-2011, 07:19 PM
How manyyears did ai start at pg? Im guessibg we all agree sg was his best position. If rose keeps improvijg he has a shot to be as good as ai (maybe)

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 07:19 PM

He's already as good as D. Wade in his 3rd year, and you're talkin about AI and Tim Hardaway.

Slap yo'self.

Tim Hardaway couldn't pass D.Rose Gatorade.

heatking
04-02-2011, 07:24 PM
He's already as good as D. Wade in his 3rd year, and you're talkin about AI and Tim Hardaway.

Slap yo'self.

Tim Hardaway couldn't pass D.Rose Gatorade.

Actually dwade was better than rose in EVERY category other than 1 ast in his 3rd year. I know u guys are exited about ur up andcoming star, but lets face it drose isnt in the level of a tim hardaway yet.

DaBear
04-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Let's start a thread about D Howard moving to PF.

heatking
04-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Let's start a thread about D Howard moving to PF.

Why would he do that? Hes clearly the best C in tge league... Drose is a scoring machine.... A passer not so much, he could be even better next to a true pg like CP3.

DaBear
04-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Why would he do that? Hes clearly the best C in tge league... Drose is a scoring machine.... A passer not so much, he could be even better next to a true pg like CP3.

DRose is the best PG in the NBA because he is a scoring machine that passes well. He doesn't get as many assists because the teams offense is mediocore. Putting him next to CP3 would be the dumbest thing ever.

heatking
04-02-2011, 07:39 PM
DRose is the best PG in the NBA because he is a scoring machine that passes well. He doesn't get as many assists because the teams offense is mediocore. Putting him next to CP3 would be the dumbest thing ever.

Drose has the 53 best ***|to ratio in the league, how is that passing well?

The_Jamal
04-02-2011, 08:15 PM

Tyreke hasn't failed yet, he's been hurt all year and is getting some help with Demarcus and Thorton

The_Jamal
04-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Dumb thread. Anyone who thinks Rose should leave the position he's the best in the nba in to one that doesn't fit his game is an idiot.

I'm still taking CP3 and Deron Williams ahead of Rose at this point because they're proven they can be elite over a long period of time. Not saying Rose won't, but i'd like to see him not be a one year wonder before crowning him the best PG in the NBA.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Drose has the 53 best ***|to ratio in the league, how is that passing well?

Rose's starting SG averages 3ppg!, yet he still avg's 8 assist per game!
Damn hater....give the man props. If he had a Joe Johnson to his right he would avg 11 assist per game EAAAASILY!

Lebron's starting SG avg's 20+ ppg yet he avg's LESS than Rose??? hmmmmm

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm still taking CP3 and Deron Williams ahead of Rose at this point because they're proven they can be elite over a long period of time. Not saying Rose won't, but i'd like to see him not be a one year wonder before crowning him the best PG in the NBA.

He's made the playoffs every year in this league dude! Thats already more than a one year wonder, and already just as much as D.Williams and C.Paul have proven, so knock it off.

Rose has left C. Paul in the dust. He makes him look regular.

Mishmin
04-02-2011, 08:27 PM
If it ain't broke...

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Actually dwade was better than rose in EVERY category other than 1 ast in his 3rd year. I know u guys are exited about ur up andcoming star, but lets face it drose isnt in the level of a tim hardaway yet.

Tim hardaway has never avg'd 25ppg and 8 assist. 23...but not 25. Keep trickin yourself.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 08:33 PM

I won't disagree with that. Rose could very well play SG if he wanted to....he's the 2nd coming of Jordan...he can do whatever he wishes.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNwTmABiDA

^^^ AS YOU ADMIRE THESE HIGHLIGHTS.....Please count all 5 no fouls called on Rose's layups. No Exaggeration! ...MY GOD! The guy would average 30ppg if the refs would give him his fouls.

Lebron James wishes he could make these layups!... left or right handed. This dude is from another planet.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 08:45 PM
SIMPLY PUT..... Lebron James can't do this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_jzftOEsQY

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiV8vy3CJR4

Please pay attention at 1:06......and 1:14 ......This is what D. Rose goes through on a nightly basis at 6'4

stawka
04-02-2011, 09:05 PM
lol^

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 09:20 PM
^^^best free throw shooter....thats about it.

John Walls Era
04-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Hes a good PG. No need to be a SG. THe guys he would defend would torch him and his jumper is suspect (look at the %)

heatking
04-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Hes a good PG. No need to be a SG. THe guys he would defend would torch him and his jumper is suspect (look at the %)

He already gets torched at pg anyways.

ManRam
04-02-2011, 09:29 PM

Who cares? Pass-first PGs are so heavily overrated. A team with great team ball movement a a plethora of unselfish players who work together as a cohesive unit are better than a team that has one guy dominate the ball controlling and create for everyone else. Rose is a great PG. He'd be worse off as a SG. Rondo is the only pass-first, hesitant to score PG in a long time to win a championship. Just look at the PGs to win championships: score-first guys.

You have a bone to pick, it's clear. You don't need to be creating thread after thread about it.

Rose is #7 in the ENTIRE NBA in assist %. If that's the sign of a bad passer, let me know. Sure, some of his other passing stats suggest he's not an elite passer, but you know what, he's an elite point guard. You certainly can't argue with the results.

I think you need to let this go. The whole notion of PGs needing to pass first no matter what is such an archaic idea it's not even funny.

heatking
04-02-2011, 09:33 PM
No bone to pick my friend i love drose but hes a combo guard its that simple... Hes not a true pg.

ManRam
04-02-2011, 09:37 PM

You're making me, someone who doesn't usually defend Rose, go way out of my way to do so. That's how ridiculous you are being.

Rose doesn't get torched, not at all. He's not a shut down defender, but he's well above average. He's bought into Thib's system 100%, and it's shown.

He holds opposing PGs to a PER of 13.5. Opposing PGs have an eFG% of .460 against him. Those are both great.

Compare that to Paul who holds PGs to a PER of 16.6 and an eFG of .506%...and you certainly can't say he gets torched. Yes, the system and his bigs help, but he's certainly not getting torched. Rarely to PGs put up huge games against Rose.

heatking
04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
You're making me, someone who doesn't usually defend Rose, go way out of my way to do so. That's how ridiculous you are being.

Rose doesn't get torched, not at all. He's not a shut down defender, but he's well above average. He's bought into Thib's system 100%, and it's shown.

He holds opposing PGs to a PER of 13.5. Opposing PGs have an eFG% of .460 against him. Those are both great.

Compare that to Paul who holds PGs to a PER of 16.6 and an eFG of .506%...and you certainly can't say he gets torched. Yes, the system and his bigs help, but he's certainly not getting torched. Rarely to PGs put up huge games against Rose.

Andre miller? Im sure we can both agree rose is a below average defender. That team defense is AMAZING tough. One of the reasons i respect deng and noah so much as players to carry 2 bad defenders in boozer and rose every game abd still be elite defensively.

ManRam
04-02-2011, 09:48 PM
No bone to pick my friend i love drose but hes a combo guard its that simple... Hes not a true pg.

What is a "true PG" in your opinion. I'm curious. How many exist? Like 5. Is Jose Calderon the truest PG in the league besides Nash? Rose is a top 10 passer in the NBA. That's certainly good enough.

I haven't heard "combo guard" in the NBA in quite some time...probably because the position is evolving to a more physical, scoring oriented position. Those combo guards are all just playing the point now...for obvious and smart reasons.

Again, offenses are more complex now. One player creating all the offense is just a primitive notion. Having scorers at all positions, who can all create, is a much better approach. A lot of the recent championship teams have followed this mold...the Lakers, the Spurs, the Pistons, the Bulls etc. One PG dominating the ball and creating for everyone else just isn't the recipe for success these days.

heatking
04-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Last time i remember the bulls winning was a LOOOOOONG time ago when they had a fella called MJ. A true pg is a pg that can run an offense efficiently... Rose cant do that hes too turnover prone, bad courtvision, score first mentality etc.

cubbybear2290
04-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Andre miller? Im sure we can both agree rose is a below average defender. That team defense is AMAZING tough. One of the reasons i respect deng and noah so much as players to carry 2 bad defenders in boozer and rose every game abd still be elite defensively.

After reading this entire thread, and see all the posts, and all the ones of #s proving how you are out of your mind and just drinking haterade. A CELTICS fan is defending Rose. I really just think you are exactly what you sig suggests. AKA U MAD?

Raps08-09 Champ
04-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't put him there.

He is more effective having the ball in his hands than playing off it.

hugepatsfan
04-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Rose brings about such ******** opinions both ways. Some people massively overrate him and others either are stupid or just refuse to acknowledge his talents as a way of aggrivating his fanboys.

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
After reading this entire thread, and see all the posts, and all the ones of #s proving how you are out of your mind and just drinking haterade. A CELTICS fan is defending Rose. I really just think you are exactly what you sig suggests. AKA U MAD?

Not mad at all... We got them all DISCOUNTED!!!!!

ManRam
04-02-2011, 10:00 PM

I don't agree that he's a below average defender. Seriously, he doesn't get torched all that much. Sure, Andre had a good game against him, shot 7-11 and got to the line a **** ton, but find me more of those games. Hell, find me any PG in the league who hasn't played against a PG all year who hasn't scored 27 points against him. :shrug:

Yes, the Bulls are an amazing defensive team, but Rose seriously has improved tremendously individually. Just watch, with an unbias eye. It's obvious I'm not a Rose lover...hell, I get called a hater frequently (unfairly, but whatever)...but it's obvious he's bought into the system and really has put in work on the defensive end. He's really doing a great job this year.

So no, we won't all agree about that. You can agree about it, but you aren't backing anything up with anything but "Andre Miller"...which is a laughable argument.

If you saw what he did against Deron both games this year, you'd understand. That was primarily Rose. He shut Deron down. Deron couldn't get an uncontested shot off. Deron couldn't get by Rose really at all.

You say he gets "torched", but seriously, the star PGs do nothing against Rose and the Bulls. Deron? Nothing. Paul? Nothing. Nash and Rondo have decent passing games against Rose, but poor scoring games. Westy vs. Rose the last time they played, not very good (Rose sucked too though).

I'll give you "average", but I refuse to go below average. He's not. Period. I think he's certainly improved tremendously, and is definitely an above average defender.

cubbybear2290
04-02-2011, 10:01 PM

Well your posts would certainly seem to suggest otherwise.

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Rose brings about such ******** opinions both ways. Some people massively overrate him and others either are stupid or just refuse to acknowledge his talents as a way of aggrivating his fanboys.

I see his talents... Hes a great combo guard.

hugepatsfan
04-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I see his talents... Hes a great combo guard.

Is Rose an elite passer that creates for others? No. But he's more than adequate at that. And his scoring is tops at the PG position. The only team in the NBA that should turn down a trade of Rose for their starting PG is CP3. He's a PG.

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Rose reminds me of kenny the jet smith. Ok defender backed up by a great defensive team.

cubbybear2290
04-02-2011, 10:05 PM

Also just to clarify, I'm not saying u mad regarding your players that the heat managed to acquire. I'm saying u mad to the fact that nearly everyone has said no to your argument and you still refuse to let it go, even when the numbers suggest you are wrong.

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Well your posts would certainly seem to suggest otherwise.

Nah man, i get to watch chris bosh expressions every game, what else could i want. Altough i do dream of a pau and bosh frontcourt Lmao.

ManRam
04-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Is Rose an elite passer that creates for others? No. But he's more than adequate at that. And his scoring is tops at the PG position. The only team in the NBA that should turn down a trade of Rose for their starting PG is CP3. He's a PG.

I agree. (It's funny that we've come together to stand up to support the meek Derrick Rose :laugh:)

And considering CP3 is older and about to be a FA, they'd even make that trade.

I actually think your team is the one team that wouldn't swap point guards with Chicago honestly. Maybe you disagree, but if there's any team in the NBA that needs/can get away with a true pass-first 90% of the time PG, it's Boston.

And again, this combo guard talk, acting like it's a bad thing, is just funny. There's a reason I haven't heard that phrase in the NBA from anyone but heatking (clearly trying to slander Rose) in a while. Combo guards are just all playing PG in today's NBA because of how offenses play.

I'm done. Too much Rose-defending, and we're clearly defending him from someone who doesn't wan't to be objective about it...

hugepatsfan
04-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I agree. (It's funny that we've come together to stand up to support the meek Derrick Rose :laugh:)

And considering CP3 is older and about to be a FA, they'd even make that trade.

I actually think your team is the one team that wouldn't swap point guards with Chicago honestly. Maybe you disagree, but if there's any team in the NBA that needs/can get away with a true pass-first 90% of the time PG, it's Boston.

And again, this combo guard talk, acting like it's a bad thing, is just funny. There's a reason I haven't heard that phrase in the NBA from anyone but heatking (clearly trying to slander Rose) in a while. Combo guards are just all playing PG in today's NBA because of how offenses play.

I'm done. Too much Rose-defending, and we're clearly defending him from someone who doesn't wan't to be objective about it...

I agree on the points about NO and BOS. NO would because of money/contract issues. BOS wouldn't because I think a pass first (and even pass only sometimes w/ Rondo) fits better. But my point was that he is the #3 PG in the NBA now IMO, and he is probably a lock to move up over D-Will in the near future.

I hate the was "scoring PG" has become a negative term. People think scoring PG means you can't pass, but it doesn't. It simply means a PG that is a better scorer than passer. If you are a great passer but an awesome scorer, you're a scoring PG.

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I agree on the points about NO and BOS. NO would because of money/contract issues. BOS wouldn't because I think a pass first (and even pass only sometimes w/ Rondo) fits better. But my point was that he is the #3 PG in the NBA now IMO, and he is probably a lock to move up over D-Will in the near future.

I hate the was "scoring PG" has become a negative term. People think scoring PG means you can't pass, but it doesn't. It simply means a PG that is a better scorer than passer. If you are a great passer but an awesome scorer, you're a scoring PG.

I c wat chu did thear

ManRam
04-02-2011, 10:19 PM
"Scoring PG" should in no way shape or form be a negative phrase. Not in today's NBA.

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:22 PM
"Scoring PG" should in no way shape or form be a negative phrase. Not in today's NBA.

Nah not at all.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Iverson 2.0

Maybe Iverson's heart.....and ability to score! But definitely a better attitude and desire to get better!

Rose loves practice. MVP!

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Woooow wooow dont get carried away here... Rose has long ways to go to get in the conversation with ai. The styles are similar, but ai is miles ahead of rose at this point.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Woooow wooow dont get carried away here... Rose has long ways to go to get in the conversation with ai. The styles are similar, but ai is miles ahead of rose at this point.

He will surpass A.I. .......not a doubt in my mind.

Rose is going out as a Legend!... I'm talkin MJ/ Pippen/ Kobe/ Legend!

His 1st Ring is coming THIS YEAR!

blastmasta26
04-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Rose is great, but he wouldn't be as effective as an SG. Defensively he would get worse and offensively it would be harder for him since he creates a lot of his offense off the dribble. Getting a PG and moving Rose to the 2 guard wouldn't be that good of a move.

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Kingbaize lmao ok buddy.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 10:51 PM

And lets keep it real. Allen Iverson was GREAT in his prime...and their styles are similar......but Iverson has never made these types of finishes in the lane that D. Rose is making. The only person I've seen make these type of layups in traffic with such little effort is Jordan.

And thats real talk!.... I've seen Lebron dunk on some people, but I've never seen him make comparable finishes in traffic with the right or left hand with the type of consistency that Rose does.

And if you have....... RUN THE TAPE! Please show me!

heatking
04-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Hahaha ur probably the only bulls fan i enjoy reading post of.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Rose is great, but he wouldn't be as effective as an SG. Defensively he would get worse and offensively it would be harder for him since he creates a lot of his offense off the dribble. Getting a PG and moving Rose to the 2 guard wouldn't be that good of a move.

Rose is a baller....it dosn't matter really.....PG, or SG. He would be just as effective.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Hahaha ur probably the only bulls fan i enjoy reading post of.

I see you have no footage of Lebron James making these comparable finishes in traffic.:rolleyes:

I'd laugh it off too.

ManRam
04-02-2011, 11:02 PM
And lets keep it real. Allen Iverson was GREAT in his prime...and their styles are similar......but Iverson has never made these types of finishes in the lane that D. Rose is making. The only person I've seen make these type of layups in traffic with such little effort is Jordan.

And thats real talk!.... I've seen Lebron dunk on some people, but I've never seen him make comparable finishes in traffic with the right or left hand with the type of consistency that Rose does.

And if you have....... RUN THE TAPE! Please show me!

Did you see AI in his prime. I'd argue he was the king of crazy finishes in the paint. No one I've ever seen took a beating like he did, and still found ways to get the ball in the hoops. The parallels are there.

And let's skip the Jordan talk for now. Please.

We're now going from one extreme to other.

hugepatsfan was right...

I'd refrain from using "********", but it's definitely swinging from obnoxious hate to oxnoxious adoration right now. Why is it so hard for people to just be reasonable and objective.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 11:07 PM
I'll help you out:
Here is a Lebron James spectacular layup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIlGxNQjC4

Here is a Derrick Rose NORMAL layup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhp6pnovwVI

IT's NO CONTEST. Lebron can't do it like this man.

KINGBAIZE
04-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Did you see AI in his prime. I'd argue he was the king of crazy finishes in the paint. No one I've ever seen took a beating like he did, and still found ways to get the ball in the hoops. The parallels are there.

And let's skip the Jordan talk for now. Please.

We're now going from one extreme to other.

hugepatsfan was right...

I'd refrain from using "********", but it's definitely swinging from obnoxious hate to oxnoxious adoration right now. Why is it so hard for people to just be reasonable and objective.

A.I was a strong finisher....but his finess game was nothing like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiV8vy3CJR4

LA_Raiders
04-02-2011, 11:17 PM
No, I think he will have a hard time with big SG

LA_Raiders
04-02-2011, 11:20 PM
I'll help you out:
Here is a Lebron James spectacular layup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIlGxNQjC4

Here is a Derrick Rose NORMAL layup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhp6pnovwVI

IT's NO CONTEST. Lebron can't do it like this man.

nice

ellesmeire
04-03-2011, 12:57 AM
wow...so dumb

and btw I would love to see rose be the next AI, though for sure hes more physical and a better passer, but AI is hall worthy no doubt

and I could presonally care less if everyone thinks hes overated...hes the ****ing MVP and the bulls are the best team in the east

DamnGoat
04-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Rose isn't a SG, so this thread is just pointless speculation. It'd be much easier to just go out and sign (or trade for) a SG instead and that's probably what the Bulls will do in the offseason.

ellesmeire
04-03-2011, 01:07 AM
and the Bulls have a good shot since this yr they'll get the MLE, but yep no more "superstars" joining the Bulls, and tbh I dont think I want em

DamnGoat
04-03-2011, 01:17 AM
and the Bulls have a good shot since this yr they'll get the MLE, but yep no more "superstars" joining the Bulls, and tbh I dont think I want em
It's not even necessary.

Go out and grab a SG like J-Rich (if he's willing to sign for the MLE) and this team is gonna be tough to beat in the East for the next 3-4 years.

Even speculating about adding another PG (when you arguably have the best already) is just stupid as hell.

Doogolas
04-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Last time i remember the bulls winning was a LOOOOOONG time ago when they had a fella called MJ. A true pg is a pg that can run an offense efficiently... Rose cant do that hes too turnover prone, bad courtvision, score first mentality etc.

You literally don't know what you're talking about at all do you? Rose's TOV% is 6th lowest among PG. You know who has a lower one than him?

Dan Gibson
Derek Fisher
George Hill
Brandon Jennings
Mike Bibby
DJ Augistin

That's literally it. He turns the ball over less often than EVERY other PG that plays at least 25MPG. Every single one. He doesn't come close to turning the ball over too often.

ellesmeire
04-03-2011, 01:18 AM
yep j-rich for the MLE :drool:

Doogolas
04-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Also, yeah, I dunno what anybody is talking about saying AI wasn't a crazy finisher. Dude put up **** while basically being flipped over backwards and somehow got it to go in.

ManRam
04-03-2011, 01:25 AM
I think the Bulls getting a superstar SG would be more detrimental than good honestly. Getting a superstar PG, like someone suggested getting Paul, wouldn't be optimal either. They just need a better SG and then that team is pretty much set. Some bench help never hurts either. J-Rich would be perfect.

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 02:08 AM
IF the Bulls ever did get CP3 and play Rose at SG, they would LITERALLY be UNSTOPPABLE, good thing they wont ever do that lol.

But really, why in the hell would Chicago go after a PG if they need a SG? If I were the Bulls, in the offseason I would go after Caron Butler, Michael Redd, or Jason Richardson instead of a PG......

TopsyTurvy
04-03-2011, 02:29 AM
I wouldn't want Rose at SG just because of his size and the matchup problems it creates - especially going forward. His production may rival/exceed the standard production from that position, but the other half of his game could suffer tremendously if he had to guard players 4"-6" taller than him.

Keep him as a 1 and he's prototypical. At a 2 he becomes somewhat of a liability on the defensive end.

TylerSL
04-03-2011, 02:35 AM
just imagine that lineup

PG.Rose
SG.Bulter/Redd/Jefferson
SF.Deng
PF.Boozer
C.Noah

That would be crazy....

bulls_world23
04-03-2011, 02:45 AM
:facepalm:

THE MTL
04-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Nah, Derrick Rose needs the ball in his hands to truly maximize his effectiveness and the PG has the ball in his hands the most.

This sounds like an Iverson SG switch, but honestly I believe that Iverson was more effective in the PG position. He has his best numbers as a PG rather than a SG

John Walls Era
04-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Bulls should've signed Anthony Morrow to pair him up with Rose. No doubt with Rose's ability, playing with a SG who can shoot would be the best option. Or try to acquire AP before the trade deadline.

RIPSweetness34
04-03-2011, 05:11 AM

Really? See his last games against Rondo, D Will, and C P3

gilly
04-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Afflalo is available this summer (I think, not 100%). He would be PERFECT.

DitchDat
04-03-2011, 06:19 AM
they should trade the PG pick in a package for a lights-out SG

jzero
04-03-2011, 06:44 AM
No.

no he cant guard 2s