PDA

View Full Version : In retrospect, if KG was traded to the Lakers instead

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 08:37 AM
McHale did his teammate a favor IMO by trading KG to the Celtics instead of his nemesis. LOL it sounds crazy, but the lineup would probably look like this

C Gasol
PF KG
SF Artest
SG Kobe
PG Fisher

Sixth, seventh, eighth men - Odom, Bynum, Barnes

on paper its like the ultimate trash talking team, probably hell of a defensive team too! Odom and Bynum might be traded to the T-wolves had the deal been agreed on though. Still...i think it would be one scary team to play against.:D

stejay
04-01-2011, 08:43 AM
If it had happened, the Lakers would have a case for the greatest team of all time, on paper.

JasonJohnHorn
04-01-2011, 08:44 AM
It would be sick on paper, my problem: I dont know if Kobe and Garnett would mesh well. They are both alpha males. But they are both hard workers and take pride in defence, and Garnett doesnt demand the ball, so they may have hit it off.

But I like Garnett in green, it just seems to fit him, like he should have been playing there his entire careeer.

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Too bad, cos i think KG, Kobe and Gasol would create a very lethal big three than the one we have in Boston now. More of an interior one

stejay
04-01-2011, 08:47 AM
It would be sick on paper, my problem: I dont know if Kobe and Garnett would mesh well. They are both alpha males. But they are both hard workers and take pride in defence, and Garnett doesnt demand the ball, so they may have hit it off.

But I like Garnett in green, it just seems to fit him, like he should have been playing there his entire careeer.

I don't know about the whole apha male thing. I think Kobe would dig someone with similar amounts of intensity on the team.

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 08:48 AM

I politely disagree. KG is probably the most unselfish star ever offensiely and i think they would mesh very well. But on defense i think KG would take charge and that is what makes him so invaluable

bal_ravens
04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Wouldn't the Lakers had to have traded someone such as Bynum or Odom for KG?

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Yea like i stated in my first post, but its just intriguing to think

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Lakers get KG and still have bynum, gasol and odom?:facepalm:

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 09:08 AM

Learn to read.

bal_ravens
04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Yea like i stated in my first post, but its just intriguing to think

Oops, didn't see that. But that would be pretty nasty. Two nice defensive guys, Kobes offense, Pau mixed in. I'd like to see a better pg, but can't get it all.

MSU4life
04-01-2011, 09:11 AM
It would be a crazy team, and KG id the bill lambier of the league today, you love him if he's on ur team hate him if he isn't

jaji10
04-01-2011, 09:37 AM
mchale turned down odom n bynum for garnett...could have been a win win situation for both the lakers n wolves... instead they chose boston's offer n look at the wolves now.. still a lottery team... that was clearly a bad decision by the wolves management...

Tarheels23
04-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Well if KG went to the Lakers, then Odom and Bynum would have been shipped to Minny. Also, who knows if the Gasol trade would have been made had they brought in KG. So I think that team is extremely far fetched.

TO to the CHI
04-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Well if KG went to the Lakers, then Odom and Bynum would have been shipped to Minny. Also, who knows if the Gasol trade would have been made had they brought in KG. So I think that team is extremely far fetched.

This. The thread is essentially asking, what would happen if we added Garnett to the Lakers now in exchange for nothing? Answer: They would be even better and a surefire favorite to win it all (to the extent that they aren't already).

However, the reality is that to get Garnett, the Lakers would have had to trade someting (Bynum+ seems likely) and Gasol would probably not have been brought in (in other words, tarheels23 wins this thread).

zachattach
04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
The treade offer for KG was Bynum, Lamar and Kwame (expiring contract). With Kwame being part of the Gasol trade there is no way we get Gasol and KG on the same team. This thread makes zero sence!

The Final Boss
04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
It isn't intriguing to think because KG is a washed up clown while Gasol is in his prime.

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
2 terrible threads in one night for dr ho up there ^^^

The Lakers' lineup would not look like that if they traded for KG. It's simple.

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
2 terrible threads in one night for dr ho up there ^^^

The Lakers' lineup would not look like that if they traded for KG. It's simple.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-01-2011, 10:55 AM
as LeBronze would say...

"not 1... not 2... not 3... not 4... ..."

Ty Fast
04-01-2011, 11:05 AM
McHale would have traded kg to china before he traded him to the lakers. McHale hates the lakers

The Final Boss
04-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Lol At he who admires Ali... The ***** dodged the draft and people worship him. Of course its not as bad as the clowns who support Jordan after his gambling debts led to his father's murder.

Hellcrooner
04-01-2011, 11:31 AM
i dont think if they traded for kg pau trade would have taken place.

instead Gasol would have been traded to the CELTS or the BULLS.

so the celts would be better now with Rondo, allen, Pierce and Pau than the lakers with Kobe Kg and not much else. since they woudl have traded bynum and odom to minnie.

And better not thing about a Rose+ Deng+Pau+Noah bulls....thats a three peat in the make.

cwilson21
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
mchale turned down odom n bynum for garnett...could have been a win win situation for both the lakers n wolves... instead they chose boston's offer n look at the wolves now.. still a lottery team... that was clearly a bad decision by the wolves management...

Not true at all. Instead we would've gotten a guy in Odom who would've either *****ed his way off a ****** team or left as soon as his contract was over and a guy in Bynum who is never healthy.

Purple&Gold24
04-01-2011, 11:46 AM

this. I dont think lakers would have traded for Pau if they traded for Garnett.

LakeShowRaider
04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
McHale did his teammate a favor IMO by trading KG to the Celtics instead of his nemesis. LOL it sounds crazy, but the lineup would probably look like this

C Gasol
PF KG
SF Artest
SG Kobe
PG Fisher

Sixth, seventh, eighth men - Odom, Bynum, Barnes

on paper its like the ultimate trash talking team, probably hell of a defensive team too! Odom and Bynum might be traded to the T-wolves had the deal been agreed on though. Still...i think it would be one scary team to play against.:D

You got it all wrong..No way would the Lakers have KG and Gasol and Odom and Bynum.

TO get KG we would have traded Bynum and Odom. So our lineup actually wouldn't be as good because all we would have is KG and Bryant. Artest would probably still be around.

Klivlend
04-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Lol At he who admires Ali... The ***** dodged the draft and people worship him. Of course its not as bad as the clowns who support Jordan after his gambling debts led to his father's murder.

Damnit...why do people make posts like this?

sep11ie
04-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Imagine if the Rockets had a lineup of:

PG:Paul
SG:Wade
SF:Wallace
PF:Scola
C:Howard

Man, that would be like TOTALLY AWESOME!

PrettyBoyJ
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
If they got Kg they would have never got Gasol..

Hunter48MVP
04-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Wouldn't the Lakers had to have traded someone such as Bynum or Odom for KG?

both players. And the Lakers would not have traded for Gasol if they had KG

JDMVP
04-01-2011, 02:27 PM
If we got KG we could have still gotten Gasol, Marc that is and that line up would have pretty awesome too
Marc Gasol
KG
Ariza or Luke
Kobe Fish
then we still have a our bench mob u know guys like
Turiaf
Farmar
Vujacic
Lakers would still be Great, idk if it would have been a better team though

Hellcrooner
04-01-2011, 02:48 PM
If they got Kg they would have never got Gasol..

well...they would ahve neither traded draft rights so yes we would have Gasol ( marc)

Lake_Show2416
04-01-2011, 02:51 PM
ok 1st off the trade was Odom & Bynum for KG, and if that happens, we dont get Gasol

so with retrospect I'm very happy the trade didn't happen

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
KG
Marc Gasol

Lakerhead4ever
04-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Why do we talk about what ifs?

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Why do we talk about what ifs?

especially what ifs that make no sense.

Dstmccoy
04-01-2011, 02:59 PM

This

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-01-2011, 03:41 PM
If KG went to the Lakers that summer Gasol isn't on that team. Unless your're talking about Marc Gasol.

bigsams50
04-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Since we're talking about what ifs, heres another one. What if when KG got traded to LA, he never got hurt the way he did and his level of play remained high like it was?

netsgiantsyanks
04-01-2011, 06:38 PM
if the lakers got kg, they wouldnt have gasol.

Bruno
04-01-2011, 06:47 PM
They Wolves were asking for Bynum AND Odom. I also doubt the Gasol trade goes down w/ KG on the roster. Not impossible, I just think it would have been harder to pull off.

marques724
04-01-2011, 07:18 PM
If KG never gotten hurt the lakers will still be a title contender with Kobe, KG, and Marc Gasol not to mention the keep the first rounders that were traded to the grizzlies.

king4day
04-01-2011, 07:33 PM
LA doesn't get Gasol if they got KG.
Bynum and/or Odom are gone for him.

That said, they still win a ring at some point.