PDA

View Full Version : What makes people think that Matt Barnes is tough?

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Is it becoz of his tattoos or...?

Iron24th
04-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Hater thread

In before closed.

TO to the CHI
04-01-2011, 07:39 AM

What makes Kevin Garnett tough? Is it "becoz" he punches people in the nuts or...?

Iron24th
04-01-2011, 07:41 AM
What makes Kevin Garnett tough? Is it "becoz" he punches people in the nuts or...?

:laugh:

You made my day :clap:

redsox0717
04-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Hater thread

In before closed.

Hater threads are only ok when it's KG right

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I dun get why everybody say Matt Barnes is tough, why you lakers fans think he's tough? becoz everybody said so?

koLohe2133
04-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Barnes is a throwback player who is down for his squad.

I'm a celtics fan....

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I totally agree that he's a pretty good player and i would love for such a player to be on the celtics. but e fact is ppl are just throwing around words like "tough player", "nasty" when today jason terry kinda showed that he's more of a gangster than barnes.

Gram
04-01-2011, 08:11 AM
If this doesn't get locked, I'm making a huge KG hate thread.

Iron24th
04-01-2011, 08:14 AM

Loool

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 08:15 AM

yeap, we're totally used to it. totally.

TO to the CHI
04-01-2011, 08:20 AM
yeap, we're totally used to it. totally.

It's becoz KG is dirty. Great, but dirty.

Note, I would LOVE to have him on my team.

iHoop
04-01-2011, 08:30 AM
It's becoz KG is dirty. Great, but dirty.

Note, I would LOVE to have him on my team.

This.

But as far as Barnes...I think his tats making look more tough then he his. Now if he was just as gritty as Artest paired with those tattoos then we got a different story.

stejay
04-01-2011, 08:45 AM
This.

But as far as Barnes...I think his tats making look more tough then he his. Now if he was just as gritty as Artest paired with those tattoos then we got a different story.

This

tredigs
04-01-2011, 08:51 AM
I totally agree that he's a pretty good player and i would love for such a player to be on the celtics. but e fact is ppl are just throwing around words like "tough player", "nasty" when today jason terry kinda showed that he's more of a gangster than barnes.

By lightly pushing a skinny PG while he was already going to the ground? Yeah, you're right, Terry was probably a gladiator in some past life...

Barnes never backs down and is always in the thick of a situation. He's tough for this league, but whether or not he'd be the same guy 20 years ago when those shoves were actually punches... that's another story.

Regardless, your original post in this thread was so stupidly written and obviously intended to bait that I'm sure you have no interest in somebody actually answering your question.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Well he never backs down

TO to the CHI
04-01-2011, 09:04 AM
By lightly pushing a skinny PG while he was already going to the ground? Yeah, you're right, Terry was probably a gladiator in some past life...

Barnes never backs down and is always in the thick of a situation. He's tough for this league, but whether or not he'd be the same guy 20 years ago when those shoves were actually punches... that's another story.

Regardless, your original post in this thread was so stupidly written and obviously intended to bait that I'm sure you have no interest in somebody actually answering your question.

This. This. and This.

stejay
04-01-2011, 09:05 AM

The guys a troll..... what you expect from a Lakers hater?

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 09:15 AM

Oh yes, so what did Barnes do? Pushing an Mavs assistant coach into the crowd. Yea Barnes, tough as nails.

Barnes never backs down? Are you sure? He backed down against KG.

Oh, since you are so smart why dun you tell me why ppl perceive Barnes as a tough player? Just becoz he doesn't back down? Is Ron Artest tough? By your words he shouldn't be becoz he backed down against Ben Wallace. Learn not to be stupid man, superman behind the keyboard.

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 09:17 AM
The guys a troll..... what you expect from a Lakers hater?

Lakers hater? Just because i posed a qn about barnes? would you have said that if i started this thread while barnes was still with the Magic?

JDMVP
04-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Ok I guess everyone has hes own right for an opinion but heres mine.
What makes people think that KG is tough?
He barks all the time......, he goes talks trash to the other teams pgs???
He also hits people in the nuts.....

levignjw
04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Oh yes, so what did Barnes do? Pushing an Mavs assistant coach into the crowd. Yea Barnes, tough as nails.

Oh, since you are so smart why dun you tell me why ppl perceive Barnes as a tough player? Just becoz he doesn't back down? Is Ron Artest tough? By your words he shouldn't be becoz he backed down against Ben Wallace. Learn not to be stupid man, superman behind the keyboard.

Dude, it's because.

marlinsfan24
04-01-2011, 09:33 AM

This

Dude, it's because.
THANK YOU! I thought I was the only severely being annoyed by this.

nickdymez
04-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Maybe its the fact that he beat up a ref during a summer league game. Or he did the whole "throw the ball in the face of Kobe" routine last year when most people back down from kobe. He's almost gotten into 5 fights this year. What does he need to do? Bring a shank to the game and start jabbin people with it?

Avenged
04-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Tredigs nailed it. Barnes is a tough BASKETBALL player.. Is he in outside the court? who knows. But on the court, this guy plays you tough, doesn't back down, and stands up for his teammates. When he got in Kobe's face when he was a Magic, Barnes was a God on this forum, everyone was praising his toughness. Now that he's a Laker, it's the complete opposite? hmm..

eso
04-01-2011, 10:50 AM
I dont get with a few comments here Jason terry more Gansta than Matt Barnes???

what ever, what makes either one of them gansta??? they are on a bball court aint nothing gansta going to happin its about the fact that Matt barnes was reppin his squad, shyt that was just a dirty play by Terry..
and what makes somebody Gansta is 50cent Gansta????? Xzibit Gansta???
I bet you all say yes?? right.
I have been on support act for tours in Australia for both of these actors (not saying im hard) and they are just normal run of the mill not wanting any problem guys who put on a personna to look cool and tough (Actually 50 only drinks water and some Vitimen drink ive never herd of... never seen him with a Heney or a 40) to gullible people who look up to thugs...

Ganstas are people who do what they do for the strugle not pro ballers who get millions per year..

USMCLaker
04-01-2011, 10:52 AM

I'd have to say that I agree with you that I don't think that he is tough he's more of a thug.

However, I don't think most of these guys are tough. I'm not trying to demean anyone but I think that because most of these guys are millionares that they have more to lose being stupid.

USMCLaker
04-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I dont get with a few comments here Jason terry more Gansta than Matt Barnes???

what ever, what makes either one of them gansta??? they are on a bball court aint nothing gansta going to happin its about the fact that Matt barnes was reppin his squad, shyt that was just a dirty play by Terry..
and what makes somebody Gansta is 50cent Gansta????? Xzibit Gansta???
I bet you all say yes?? right.
I have been on support act for tours in Australia for both of these actors (not saying im hard) and they are just normal run of the mill not wanting any problem guys who put on a personna to look cool and tough (Actually 50 only drinks water and some Vitimen drink ive never herd of... never seen him with a Heney or a 40) to gullible people who look up to thugs...

Ganstas are people who do what they do for the strugle not pro ballers who get millions per year..

Exactly, and I never understood why ganstas became a good thing. It just is what it is, nothing more and nothing less.

lakers4sho
04-01-2011, 11:00 AM

According to league rules, a team's coaching staff is not allowed to grab other teams' players during a disorder.

Matt told him to let go a couple of times, but that ****er won't let go, as if he wanted Matt to flail thus causing more trouble for the player.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-01-2011, 11:01 AM
its a front. but i like it..

because hes a good defender and doesnt really back down to anyone.

hes a player i really deslike... but would love on my team.

mttwlsn16
04-01-2011, 11:03 AM

:hi5:

ManOnFire
04-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Chuck Norris said so.

Giantwarrior
04-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Players who have played with Matt Barnes, has nothing but praises for him. He has Huge respect in the league because he is a player that will always have your back. Matt Barnes is tough, and wont let anyone cross him or his teammates.

ewing
04-01-2011, 11:11 AM

Do you think you can take him? Cause I dont doubt it

eso
04-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Exactly, and I never understood why ganstas became a good thing. It just is what it is, nothing more and nothing le

Thank you USMCLakers, what made Gansta being a good thing is MTV man and people who believe what they see and read a real Gansta is a Man who provides and cares for his family what ever way he can be that 9-5 in a servo selling cars to a wanna be gansta, pressing LP's on Wax what ever. but the real Gansta well they live till they are 25 maybe 30 if there lucky...
too many people belive what is in a magazine or paper but remember half of what you read is lyes and half of what you read is bull shyt..

allSUAVE
04-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Jason Terry is Crip he would wash up Matt barnes off his feet. Lol

The BodyGuard
04-01-2011, 11:20 AM

Yes :D

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Must be his abundance of prison style tats.

stejay
04-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Lakers hater? Just because i posed a qn about barnes? would you have said that if i started this thread while barnes was still with the Magic?

Because most, if not all, of your threads you have started are Lakers related. Someone has a little jealousy dontcha think? :p

IAmKira
04-01-2011, 11:44 AM

i applaud u for hating the Lakers so much that you'd make a fool out of yourself for making such an amazing comment. Oh wait today's April's Fool. Guess you're the fool? :D
Oh and you mean Yesterday right? Because Game hasnt started today.. that would be @ 7 earliest :)

ghettosean
04-01-2011, 11:47 AM

Who said he was tough?!? He just plays great defense and he's like Artest... He'll get right up in your face and do the little things that will annoy an offensive player and get them off there game.

As for tough never heard that...

stejay
04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Who said he was tough?!? He just plays great defense and he's like Artest... He'll get right up in your face and do the little things that will annoy an offensive player and get them off there game.

As for tough never heard that...

You aint tough until you take out several fans.....

Purple&Gold24
04-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Jason Terry is Crip he would wash up Matt barnes off his feet. Lol

hahaha :rimshot: nice april fools joke.

sep11ie
04-01-2011, 12:05 PM
What makes you think you can keep starting stupid threads.

theheatles
04-01-2011, 12:10 PM
i think matt barnes is the player x that wrote that column in espn the magazine on the groupies

enserio
04-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Matt Barnes...NOT a punk.

Sadds The Gr8
04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Matt Barnes is an irrelevant loser journeyman. he's prolly a puss on the streets too.

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Because most, if not all, of your threads you have started are Lakers related. Someone has a little jealousy dontcha think? :p

must have had trouble passing your SATs.

Lakers + Giants
04-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Garnett's tough cuz he picks on calderon and other PGs. . .you don't see him pulling that **** on kenyon, big ben, kwame. . .even gasol LMAO. Barnes is tougher than KG. . that's why he is tough. :win:

Purple&Gold24
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
must have had trouble passing your SATs.

iloveangel are you still mad about last years final :rolleyes:

IDB Josh M
04-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Back on topic! Matt Barnes is tough, and it isn't the tattoos. Even though he's not as strong the way Ron Artest does, he puts his body on the line for loose balls, offensive rebounds, and gets downlow with the bigs on occasion. And he's a bit of a loose canon, he probably should calm down a bit.

Being tough is both physical and mental. He's the toughest skinny guy I've seen.

albertc86
04-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Same reason why people think Chris Anderson is tough. The tattoos and they're scrappy players.

IDB Josh M
04-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Same reason why people think Chris Anderson is tough. The tattoos and they're scrappy players.

I hate Anderson's tats (that hide his track marks), but yes, scrappiness makes a player tough.

sep11ie
04-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Matt Barnes...NOT a punk.

Your sig makes me happy in my pants.

smith&wesson
04-01-2011, 02:00 PM
basket ball is a non contact sport. just because tempers are lost and players throw hissy fits doesnt make any of them tough.

this is what an nba fight looks like :catfight:

ALL you hombers fighting over kg and matt barnes, i can honestly say they would both get joints broken in a real fight because they are soo lanky and frail.

Switch
04-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Matt Barnes is a tough basketball player, but anything outside the courts its a different story.

Lake_Show2416
04-01-2011, 02:45 PM
its cuz when he plays bball, he plays tough. The players that he guards can vogue for that

sjoerdje
04-01-2011, 02:49 PM
what the hell is a gansta anyway?!

Lakerhead4ever
04-01-2011, 02:52 PM
How many laker fan feel so much better that we got matt barnes instead of raja bell and mike miller!

Im so happy we got this guy! cuz miller and bell are having horrible seasons haha

handle
04-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I dun get why everybody say Matt Barnes is tough, why you lakers fans think he's tough? becoz everybody said so?

First of all, who is "everybody"? I'm a Laker fan and I've never heard any other fans call him "tough", tough as in somebody who will kick your ***. Maybe you've heard him called a tough defender and you're getting confused. There's a difference. What a stupid thread.

Dstmccoy
04-01-2011, 03:01 PM

Perfect!!:clap:

gauth25
04-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Really? Actually he showed what a pathetic coward he was. First he fouls someone then feels the need to push him to the ground because he can't shoot.

Terry's acts last night were pathetic.

What makes Barnes tough? Oh I don't know, maybe because he doesn't take any **** from people. He's gotten in the faces of many superstars and was there to defend his teammate last night once again.

I would love for you to go face to face with him and we'll see if you find him tough or not.

Oh ya what makes the Celtics tough? KG running his mouth then cowering away once the officials come around?

ru55
04-01-2011, 03:15 PM

what makes YOU think he's not?

*Superman*
04-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Because he has cool t-shirts like this?

http://www.shopelusionclothing.com/product/matt-barnes-ron-artest-kill-you-shirt

godolphins
04-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Lakers fans vs Celtics fans its a nice time for Bulls and Heat fans to chill for a while :D

SteveNash
04-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Matt Barnes fakes being tough, same with KG, same with Artest.

Jewelz0376
04-01-2011, 04:10 PM
It's impossible to tell who's actually tough in the fighting sense...but you can tell who are the guys that play soft and which ones play hard nosed...

haggis
04-01-2011, 04:14 PM
yes, its because of his tattoos.

BigAl25
04-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Barnes aint tough he's a *****.

*Superman*
04-01-2011, 04:16 PM
He really isn't tough. If he wasn't playing in the NBA where guys know they will be suspended for throwing the first punch, he wouldn't be saying ****.

LADTXR
04-01-2011, 04:28 PM
the same reason people think perkins is tough...why is he tough besides that "mean" scowl he always has on his face when he actually looks like he's gonna cry. He rarely ever fouls people hard, rarely ever gets in someones face unless they're 6 feet tall. Is it because he played on a really good defensive celtics team and was the worst offensive player so we must give him the "tough" label to give him some value?

Crackadalic
04-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Who would win in a fight: Matt Barnes or Q-Rich. One is tough the other just talks trash and never gets playing time. Which do you think it is

Lake_Show2416
04-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Barnes aint tough he's a *****.

:laugh: coming from a Utah fan....

FuriousJatt
04-01-2011, 04:55 PM

he didnt back down against kg... he was just scared that kg might grab him in the wrong place... every man wants kids

FuriousJatt
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
He really isn't tough. If he wasn't playing in the NBA where guys know they will be suspended for throwing the first punch, he wouldn't be saying ****.

in that case 90% of the "tough" guys in sports are pansies.

FuriousJatt
04-01-2011, 05:05 PM
matt barnes is actually a good player... he has good size, good at getting rebs, defenses well, shoots decent and is an energy player. yet he hasnt been able to find a team thats willing to keep him, despite his talents and undervalued asking price. i much rather pay matt what we're paying luke and i woulnt complain about all the money he be making.

some of the team gms and coaches dont like barnes because they think hes a hothead and can be a distraction. this guy has stood up to superstars like lebron and kobe, yet hes a punk.
kg grabs some guys family jewels and hes a tough guy? come on celtic fans, you can do better.

J4KOP99
04-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Why do people always associate "tough" with "gangster?"

Jason Terry showed he was more of a gangster? How so? He pushed Steve Blake... you have to be kidding me?

Barnes is tough because he plays with 100% effort, every time he's on the floor. He isn't afraid to get in someones face either. He goes hard to the hoop, plays tough D and backs his teammates up.

Stop confusing the word "tough" with someone who walks around the streets of, selling crack and shooting people.

You know who Mark Messier is? He was tough... as tough as they get. Nothing gangster about him.

J4KOP99
04-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Matt Barnes is a tough basketball player, but anything outside the courts its a different story.

Exactly

Toadman
04-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Barnes stands up for his team. During that play he was nowheres near Terry when it happened, but immediately ran over, pushed Terry & got in his face. That's what you want, a team mate that will have your back. Chris Webber was commenting on how none of the Mavs players ran over to back Terry.
For those of you saying he backed down from KG. Bull**it. Look it up on youtube. After Barnes bodyslams
KG into VanGundy, all KG does is point at Barnes then he walks away. Barnes was still yapping after him & walking toward him.

E.O.21
04-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Its definitely a fake front but at least he backs it up, hes actually a good player. Like Kevin Durant said, theres alot of fake tough guys in the league and hes one of them

Yankees Suck
04-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Matt Barnes is soft. He is practically a human teddy-bear on the court.

Yankees Suck
04-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Matt Barnes is not tough. He is just ghetto. And KG is not tough, he is just super black.

What great detail.

Lakerhead4ever
04-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Matt Barnes is soft. He is practically a human teddy-bear on the court.

Ohh okay so im guessing you have been on the court with him before. okay....

godolphins
04-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Matt Barnes

I get an extra day of rest for my knee. Ill be watching the game 2nite w/the rest of the laker fans, on tv. All good team will keep it(cont)

Rolln 2nite vs the Jazz.. Ill be bak sunday.. Appreciate the support from all the lakeshow fans.. RESPECT!!

Also another thing NO ONES worried bout wat Jason Terry is talkn bout everyone remembers the 07 season(cont)

Me & the Golden St homies laid out the blueprint on how to beat Dallas.. "PUNK'EM" Aint $h!t changed homey.. So enough w/the small talk

Crackadalic
04-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Matt Barnes

I forgot he was on that Warriors squad. They was deep as hell.

gauth25
04-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Matt Barnes fakes being tough, same with KG, same with Artest.

Hahaha Ron Artest fakes being tough eh?

I forgot he went into the stands and took on what? 3 people at once.

Would pay to see you go up to his face and tell him he's fake.

Chances are you're a computer nerd who has never played sports in your life.

gauth25
04-01-2011, 07:34 PM
when you compare Matt Barnes to Luke Walton Matt Barnes is an All-Star. Not because he is any good but because luke walton sucks THAT MUCH.

Matt Barnes sucks. He is the type of guys that get soo much credit since they normally suck to much that their games when they just suck a little are glorified.
He cant shoot, (he will make 1 or 2 3s here n there, every other 2 games or something) ...he misses layups, he makes stupid decisions etc. Saying he is a good player cause he hustles reminds me of the same people that give Luke Walton credit for "being a good facilitator of the triangle offense"

I will give Matt Barnes this...he is a decent rebounder because he is a hustle guy. But how many hustle guys does this league have? Being labeled a "hustle guy" usually means you suck.

But eh, he and Luke Walton can get away with sucking because the Lakers dont need them. Matt Barnes is not tough and he is just ignorant and ghetto. You guys should see some of his tweets. It is like a 9th grade kid from Compton tweets his stuff its pretty amazing.

Hahahaha clearly you've never watched him play so stop talking.

Bulls_fan90
04-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Lakers fans vs Celtics fans its a nice time for Bulls and Heat fans to chill for a while :D

I didn't know Chris Bosh posted here on psd. :p

210Don
04-01-2011, 07:39 PM
who cares

Eg714
04-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Matt barnes is one of my favorite lakers cuz he sticks up for his team mates and ain't scared to do the dirty work

Matrix3132
04-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Matt barnes is one of my favorite lakers cuz he sticks up for his team mates and ain't scared to do the dirty work

Nailed it. Barnes' toughness has nothing to do with being the strongest or best fighter but more so an attitude of not taking anything from anybody and being the epitome of the "us vs. them" mentality. No matter what team he's on (and he's bounced around quite a bit), his teammates love him and he's the first guy to stand-up for a teammate and when he gets involved in scuffles you can tell his teammates all have his back as well.

NFLNBA
04-01-2011, 07:48 PM

I agree with you completely, Barnes just doesn't back down from anyone and isn't scared of anyone, he gets in your grill and is feisty

Barnes Reminds me of Doug Christy from the Kings, same frame, very feisty

Lakers def have the feistiest squad with Kobe, Artest, Barnes, Fisher all dont back down

Most ghetto squad would be Nuggets Martin, Birdman, J R Smith

championships
04-01-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_SE_I7_9jA

Don't fvck with the lakers if you don't want to get hurt.

bigsams50
04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_SE_I7_9jA

Don't fvck with the lakers if you don't want to get hurt.

Funny how laker fans can call KG dirty, then rally behind that one Fisher play where he cheap shots Scola. As for Barnes, everyone already knows he's a poser. Laker fans were calling him a fake tough guy last year when he got in Kobe's face, but now that he's a Laker their all calling him "tough"

johnnychan
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Funny how laker fans can call KG dirty, then rally behind that one Fisher play where he cheap shots Scola. As for Barnes, everyone already knows he's a poser. Laker fans were calling him a fake tough guy last year when he got in Kobe's face, but now that he's a Laker their all calling him "tough"

Scola had that coming to him, for tossing Lamar and talkin smack to Walton on the other end of the court. Also I don't think any Lakers fan was calling Barnes a fake tough guy last year, since Kevin Durant pretty much started all that fake tough guy talk this season.

johnnychan
04-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Plus Garnetts always the one instagating anyways, plus he deals with emotions like a woman.

bigsams50
04-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Scola had that coming to him, for tossing Lamar and talkin smack to Walton on the other end of the court. Also I don't think any Lakers fan was calling Barnes a fake tough guy last year, since Kevin Durant pretty much started all that fake tough guy talk this season.

Oh, they were. Especially when he had that fiasco with Kobe. I remember Magic fans having sigs of the incident, and Lakers fans also commenting on it.

bigsams50
04-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Plus Garnetts always the one instagating anyways, plus he deals with emotions like a woman.

And Barnes doesn't instigate?

drobe86
04-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Barnes is tough on tv when the games are on and there are refs and etc. to rectify the situation. In reality, he's not from the inner city, streets or anything of that nature. In fact dudes the total opposite and can be seen on a housewives reality tv episode..... Nevertheless, he does his job very well, which is try to act hard and make it look like you're gangsta, when in fact if this were a real situation he'd get dropped off in a hurry.......

championships
04-01-2011, 09:11 PM

Key word here compared to KGs countless douchebag moves.

drobe86
04-01-2011, 09:16 PM
People should actually stop comparing Matt Barnes to KG in a street sense. KG isn't just acting out there and the court and will give it to anybody. Matt Barnes is just instigating a fight hoping the other guy doesn't actually want to fight him.... Barnes walked away the whole time, and didn't want anything to do with what JT was bringing last night. He pushed Jet from behind and then said "hold me back" lol.... What a ***

_KB24_
04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Barnes is tough on tv when the games are on and there are refs and etc. to rectify the situation. In reality, he's not from the inner city, streets or anything of that nature. In fact dudes the total opposite and can be seen on a housewives reality tv episode..... Nevertheless, he does his job very well, which is try to act hard and make it look like you're gangsta, when in fact if this were a real situation he'd get dropped off in a hurry.......

By who? The soft Mavs....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTEp5VKiTC0

drobe86
04-01-2011, 09:28 PM

Haha JT... Barnes is a beach kid that's never been in a fight in his life.... Never even seen the dark side of LA. Hell I'm in it, and I ain't never seen him around these parts. Don't think because he got a few tattoos he's gangsta. Barnes was at Roscoes a few months back and got chumped off... If you gangsta why you running?

drobe86
04-01-2011, 09:32 PM

By real situation I mean the streets. Based on your reply I can tell you ain't in it, and never have been in it. Tyson Chandler is from Compton, comes to the hood all the time, Paul Pierce, Inglewood. These are real gangstas. Matt Barnes ain't stepped foot in South Central a day in his life... If you from LA you know what I'm talking about. You're probably a beach kid like Matt Barnes and are from Santa Monica.... So you have no idea what I'm talking about

NFLNBA
04-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Garnett is for from tough he picks on smaller players and everytime he gets into it with a big he is a ******, who knows if Barnes can actually fight, no one on the court wants to get suspended for the rest of year

Artest is the only man we can call a bad *** and who you SHOULD be affray of cause he is a beast and he just MIGHT throw on you do to the fact he is nuts! Artest i think makes Barnes feel tougher cause when Artest sits Barnes has to carry that for the team

Lake_Show2416
04-01-2011, 09:36 PM
By real situation I mean the streets. Based on your reply I can tell you ain't in it, and never have been in it. Tyson Chandler is from Compton, comes to the hood all the time, Paul Pierce, Inglewood. These are real gangstas. Matt Barnes ain't stepped foot in South Central a day in his life... If you from LA you know what I'm talking about. You're probably a beach kid like Matt Barnes and are from Santa Monica.... So you have no idea what I'm talking about

Stop, your embarrassing yourself

NFLNBA
04-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Haha JT... Barnes is a beach kid that's never been in a fight in his life.... Never even seen the dark side of LA. Hell I'm in it, and I ain't never seen him around these parts. Don't think because he got a few tattoos he's gangsta. Barnes was at Roscoes a few months back and got chumped off... If you gangsta why you running?

Dude dont talk like you know Barnes, i went to his rival high school and played ball with him at Willow Springs Club in Citrus Heights CA, he went to Del Camp i went to San Juan. Barnes was a top ranked WR in football, and has always been a hot head and got into fights ALL THE TIME! Because he is skinny you think he is a chump? Trust me he isnt a fake, he might not win a fight with some NBA players but he wont back down Matt Barnes talks a lot of **** i seen it first hand but everyone knew not to **** with him. I HATED the guy.....dude thought he was hot **** but im not in high school anymore, i respect his toughness and heart for sticking up for his teammates!

johnnychan
04-01-2011, 09:46 PM

Matt Barnes would kick your ***.

mttwlsn16
04-01-2011, 09:54 PM

jason terry, similar to KG, also punches people in the nuts. neither of them are tough

mttwlsn16
04-01-2011, 09:57 PM

:laugh:
if by real gangstas, you mean spoiled rich guys, then you are spot on

also please learn english

braveniler58
04-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Yeah, the tattoos help. But, Matt Barnes is a tough guy because he doesn't back down. He's not afraid of confrontation.

Whether he's any good at being a tough guy is a different story, though...

_KB24_
04-02-2011, 06:05 PM

:laugh2:

Your telling me I have no idea about what I'm talking about? IN MY CITY?

GTFOH kid, your not even from LA. I've seen this city in it's worst hour and it's best, don't even come here with that ****.

Chacarron
04-02-2011, 06:46 PM
He is tough, as said plenty times, because he doesn't back down.