PDA

View Full Version : How will Stu Jackson overreach again on disciplinary action after tonight's game?

sy49ers
04-01-2011, 03:14 AM
As all of you who saw the game tonight know, there were a ridiculous number of technical fouls and ejections.

Ejections: Shannon Brown, Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, Brendan Haywood, Jason Terry

Technicals: Dirk Nowitski, Derek Fisher, J.J. Barea, Shannon Brown

As you might be able to tell from the connotation implied here, I'm obviously fairly cynical when it comes to Stu Jackson, David Stern and the league office's view on adequate disciplinary action. So I'm curious, what moronic disciplinary action will the league hand down on the Lakers' players along with the obvious fines and what effect do you think it will have on the remainder of the regular season and into the playoff if suspensions are included?

I'm also taking bets on how much time the league will waste screwing around and picking their ***es in determining what penalties they will hand down. I'm guessing they will waste most of the weekend and then, suddenly when everything seems clear, hand down a suspension or two Sunday morning right before the Denver game.

RollinDeep
04-01-2011, 04:23 AM
I'm afraid to even think about it.

Because I know in my heart, it's a 90% chance to not make sense.

GREATNESS ONE
04-01-2011, 04:31 AM
3-5 games suspension for Barnes, hopefully 3. The rest minor fined that were ejected.

Fireworld
04-01-2011, 04:39 AM
Terry will be suspended for sure. I'm thinking 3-5 games. Barnes should also get suspended but only one game. We can get by without Banes but the Mavs need their 6th man. Brown, blake and Haywood should only get fines.

Dreamin'LA
04-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Barnes 1-2 game

skiflyer
04-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Barnes will get 1 the Dallas coach should get 2 for grabbing Barnes and Terry will get 1 for f2 on Blake. The rest should only get fined...What a GREAT GAME for the Lakers though....

championships
04-01-2011, 05:41 AM
I'm sure the suspensions will leave us scratching our heads.

Supa
04-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Barnes should get 1 less than Terry.

---

Iron24th
04-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Barnes will get 1 the Dallas coach should get 2 for grabbing Barnes and Terry will get 1 for f2 on Blake. The rest should only get fined...What a GREAT GAME for the Lakers though....

I doubt the league will suspend an assistant coach for this,but I hope so,glad Barnes pushed this moron too,if a guy from the other team is trying to grab me,I would have done the same thing.

Avenged
04-01-2011, 10:26 AM
No players should get suspended on either side. But Barnes and Terry will most likely get suspended. Although Blake got in Terry's face, he essentially didn't do anything but talk crap.

Vinylman
04-01-2011, 10:34 AM
barnes / terry 1 each...

pretty standard for what happened...

initiator and 3rd man in

USMCLaker
04-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Terry will be suspended for sure. I'm thinking 3-5 games. Barnes should also get suspended but only one game. We can get by without Banes but the Mavs need their 6th man. Brown, blake and Haywood should only get fines.

I agree with this for the most part however, Barnes will probably get more than one game considering that Bynum got two games for a hard flagrant foul and escalating a fight is probably worst in the front office's eyes.

carnage101
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
barnes terry 2 games each, blake 1. rest fines, does anyone else think ron arest kissing his bicepts pissed off a lot of mavs. Thus resulting in thug tactics?

CLASSOF72
04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
It would only make sense to see Barnes and terry get suspened. Terry should get the most for tossing Blake and then continuing the retoric after the fact. But, we all know the league will punish a bad guy like Barnes more than a goody boy like Terry. I would say Barnes two Terry three, but it will probably go the other wat around.

Reclaim
04-01-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm guessing Barnes gets 2-3, Terry should get at least 3, Haywood should get a fine at the most because it didn't seem like he didn't do anything at all. Blake should just get a fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got a 1 game suspension.:mad: And Shannon shouldn't get anything at all.

bluedawgalex
04-01-2011, 01:03 PM
only one that should be suspended is terry for his dirty play...

IDB Josh M
04-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Probably suspend Ron Artest for just sitting there during the scuffle, and then kissing his bicep after laying it in.

J4KOP99
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
As much as I don't think Barnes should get suspended, I have a strong feeling that he will get at least two games. I think they will freak out cause he pushed a coach.

bluedawgalex
04-01-2011, 02:29 PM
As much as I don't think Barnes should get suspended, I have a strong feeling that he will get at least two games. I think they will freak out cause he pushed a coach.

coach shouldnt have been on him in the first place... he should have restrained his own players...barnes was already ejected and off the court and on the sideline..

he got what he deserved and barnes better not get suspended for that idiot... u didnt see brian shaw or chuck person with their hands on any mavs player

that asst coach is a douche :mad:

leftymo
04-01-2011, 02:33 PM
terry and barnes should get 1 game each. done and done.

but this is stu jackson, so here's what will happen.

terry fined
barnes suspended 2
blake suspended 1
phil jackson fined 300k

magic0320
04-01-2011, 02:35 PM
why the hell Barnes have to get suspended???? other team should not hug their opponents at ALL. I can see fine, but Barnes don't deserve suspensions.

Only person who should get suspended is Terry for being sore loser.

smdodgerfan
04-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Terry should and will get 3 games for his obvious push of Blake.

Blake should get nothing as he only talked, never laid a hand on Terry, but will get 1 game.

Barnes should get 2 games because he did fly in and push Terry, but he should not get anything for getting that Mavs asst off of him, But will get 3 games because Stu Jackson hates players, especially Lakers.

Hayward should get fine only and probably will get just that.

Brown should get 1 game for his push of that big ugly white guy, and will get the that.

That big ugly white guy should get 2 games for his flagrant on Gasol, but he didn't even get kicked out of the game, he will get nothing, maybe a fine.

Dirk should have gotten a flagrant foul and kicked out of the game for his push in the back of Kobe (especially since it followed the fight), But he will still get nothing because the league loves him and everyone knows he is to much of a pu*** to do anything to anyone anyways!

CLASSOF72
04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
^I agree Dirks push should be noted, but wont.

leftymo
04-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Terry didn't make a basketball play by shoving Blake and starting the whole thing, yet the only one to get suspended is Barnes?

Stu Jackson must be fired... his lack of objectivity is appauling.

bluedawgalex
04-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Terry didn't make a basketball play by shoving Blake and starting the whole thing, yet the only one to get suspended is Barnes?

Stu Jackson must be fired... his lack of objectivity is appauling.

THIS!!! :mad:

stu should be fined for his stupidity :facepalm:

terry started the whole thing yet only barnes gets a suspension???? GTFOH