PDA

View Full Version : League suspends Wiz's Wall, fines Heat's Howard, Ilgauskas

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 12:27 AM
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/03/31/wizards-cavs-fines/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Sounds unfair for somebody who initiates and somebody who retaliates after being elbowed above the neck twice.

uchiha
04-01-2011, 12:28 AM
he threw a punch....

Sadds The Gr8
04-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Big Z is a puss and shoulda been suspended.

jneises21
04-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Z was looking for a pass, and Wall was up in his face...Contact happens every game, you don't retaliate to that

Shareeb_omac2
04-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Big Z knew what he was doing... Go watch the video again. It's obviously on purpose. He pokes his elbow outward.

Wall deserved to be suspended.
Big Z should have been suspended.

I also find it funny how Juwan Howard manages to shove someone everytime there is a scuffle with the Heat. He really pisses me off.

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Big Z knew what he was doing... Go watch the video again. It's obviously on purpose. He pokes his elbow outward.

Wall deserved to be suspended.
Big Z should have been suspended.

I also find it funny how Juwan Howard manages to shove someone everytime there is a scuffle with the Heat. He really pisses me off.

TOTALLY AGREE. Juwan Howard seems like he's trying too hard to be the ENFORCER that he is not. I know I dun sound right saying this when a certain guy on the team i support has carried this label since he joined the Celtics, but Juwan Howard is a FAKE TOUGH GUY!

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 12:50 AM
TOTALLY AGREE. Juwan Howard seems like he's trying too hard to be the ENFORCER that he is not. I know I dun sound right saying this when a certain guy on the team i support has carried this label since he joined the Celtics, but Juwan Howard is a FAKE TOUGH GUY!

So let's leave the "sticking up for you teammates" and "being tough" for actual tough guys. What makes an actual tough guy?

Wall got what he deserved for being a *****. Big Z did nothing wrong.

Jenceman
04-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Eh, not too big a deal. Z shoulda been suspended, but no biggie.

marlinsfan24
04-01-2011, 12:52 AM
John Wall could have pulled out a knife and stabbed Big Z to death, yet posters on here would still find a way to say it was the Heat at fault.

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 12:55 AM
You know, fake tough guys try harder.

Have you seen Ben Wallace, Artest, Kobe or Shaq reacted so out-of-control when STICKING UP FOR THEIR TEAMMATES? It was as though Howard was himself elbowed.

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 12:56 AM
John Wall could have pulled out a knife and stabbed Big Z to death, yet posters on here would still find a way to say it was the Heat at fault.

Oh yea, would someone just pull out a knife and stab you to death if you hadn't suplex him first?

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 01:00 AM
You know, fake tough guys try harder.

Have you seen Ben Wallace, Artest, Kobe or Shaq reacted so out-of-control when STICKING UP FOR THEIR TEAMMATES? It was as though Howard was himself elbowed.

Z puts his hands on Wall to make him realize wtf he's doing. Wall gives a "yo get ur hands off of me" look... *****. McGee tries to knock Z, so JH goes at him. What do you want him to do? Stand there and do nothing? Howard did all he needed to do. I don't know what your problem is... hate maybe?

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 01:06 AM
oh yes Big Z gave him Wall 2 elbows becoz Wall was playing pestering defense on him. He deserves the elbows, totally. totally deserve it. So Howard can totally tell that McGee wasn't going to separate the two the smaller being his teammate but was actually gg to knock the **** outta Big Z.

Jenceman
04-01-2011, 01:11 AM

Oh goodness, quit with the "poor us" talk :rolleyes:

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 01:13 AM
oh yes Big Z gave him Wall 2 elbows becoz Wall was playing pestering defense on him. He deserves the elbows, totally. totally deserve it.

Honestly if a lil' man wants to play up on a big man and can't take a tiny bit of contact then maybe he shouldn't try it. I find this funny hearing this sensitivity coming from a fan of the most physical franchise in NBA history, and who has KG in his sig, the king of unnecessary roughness in the current NBA.

Rego247
04-01-2011, 01:15 AM
two elbows by z. wall retaliated for a reason.

i surprised wall got one, i had him gone for 2 at least.

Sadds The Gr8
04-01-2011, 01:17 AM
So let's leave the "sticking up for you teammates" and "being tough" for actual tough guys. What makes an actual tough guy?

Wall got what he deserved for being a *****. Big Z did nothing wrong.
Big Z is a ***** Wall woulda knocked him the **** out

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Big Z is a ***** Wall woulda knocked him the **** out

yeahhhhh right

Just cuz Z is white ehhhh Horse Saddler?

Don't forget Z is like 7'2" and like 270 pounds, from the rugged slums of Lithuania. Wall is probably struggling to reach 200 pounds. Watch the vid again and see that Wall wants none of Z.

Rego247
04-01-2011, 01:33 AM
yeahhhhh right

Don't forget Z is like 7'2" and like 270 pounds, from the rugged slums of Lithuania. Wall is probably struggling to reach 200 pounds. Watch the vid again and see that Wall wants none of Z.

he doesnt. Zs way too big for wall to put up a fight.

that being said i cant fault walls reaction. if some guy elbowed me twice in the face, i'd break his ****ing legs. assuming he wasn't a 7 foot albino sasqatch.

jneises21
04-01-2011, 01:37 AM
If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen :)

People get elbowed every game, accidental or not, you don't swing at a dude for it. And lol @ someone thinking Wall would have a chance in a fight against Z

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 01:37 AM
he doesnt. Zs way too big for wall to put up a fight.

that being said i cant fault walls reaction. if some guy elbowed me twice in the face, i'd break his ****ing legs. assuming he wasn't a 7 foot albino sasqatch.

lol

Wall was warranting some of that contact. All in all, I don't think Z did much, and Wall reacted like a dumb child. I'm not mad at Wall. The arguing about Howard's reaction up there ^^^ with this "fake tough guy" stuff is stuuupid.

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 01:38 AM
If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen :)

People get elbowed every game, accidental or not, you don't swing at a dude for it. And lol @ someone thinking Wall would have a chance in a fight against Z

don't worry about Saddler. He's the biggest gump in the Raps forum.

Rego247
04-01-2011, 01:42 AM
lol

Wall was warranting some of that contact. All in all, I don't think Z did much, and Wall reacted like a dumb child. I'm not mad at Wall. The arguing about Howard's reaction up there ^^^ with this "fake tough guy" stuff is stuuupid.

ye. he had his teammates back. i dont mind that. he was looking to break it up actually but mcgee started flexin.

Sadds The Gr8
04-01-2011, 01:46 AM
yeahhhhh right

LOL Wall would dummy Big Z. Big Z prolly can't fight for jack ****. he woulda fooded him if Juwan Howard never jumped in. he needs to moss

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 01:48 AM
LOL Wall would dummy Big Z. Big Z prolly can't fight for jack ****. he woulda fooded him if Juwan Howard never jumped in. he needs to moss

yeyayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaaaaaa righhhhhhht

cibaoyanks
04-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Z was looking for a pass, and Wall was up in his face...Contact happens every game, you don't retaliate to that

You don't retaliate to one. but you do to two, especially one after the other. I bet big Z won't do that to KG or Stoudemire or Shaq

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Honestly if a lil' man wants to play up on a big man and can't take a tiny bit of contact then maybe he shouldn't try it. I find this funny hearing this sensitivity coming from a fan of the most physical franchise in NBA history, and who has KG in his sig, the king of unnecessary roughness in the current NBA.

You wanna talk contact? I dun see how two elbows above the neck is a 'little contact'. You prob would have a case if Big Z was backing down Wall and Wall gave him a low blow.

SteBO
04-01-2011, 08:15 AM
You wanna talk contact? I dun see how two elbows above the neck is a 'little contact'. You prob would have a case if Big Z was backing down Wall and Wall gave him a low blow.

Dude, big men are allowed there own space on the perimeter. It's called clearing spae. Wall put himself in position to get hit. Wall overreacted and he deserved the suspension. Z did nothing wrong, and penalty is fair. Z getting ejected was wrong enough.

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Dude, big men are allowed there own space on the perimeter. It's called clearing spae. Wall put himself in position to get hit. Wall overreacted and he deserved the suspension. Z did nothing wrong, and penalty is fair. Z getting ejected was wrong enough.

ok

SteBO
04-01-2011, 08:20 AM
ok

Thank you. I knew you'd understand. :up: ;)

Fmaranesi
04-01-2011, 08:33 AM
people throw elbows every game, quit being soft. Now if Z would have threw a punch then it's a different story, you dont get suspended for moving your elbows around to create space, D Howard does it all game long.

ilovemyangel
04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
yep, psd is totally filled with tough dudes who walks around america creating space to walk by elbowing others who stand in their way.

HeatBBall
04-01-2011, 08:53 AM
yep, psd is totally filled with tough dudes who walks around america creating space to walk by elbowing others who stand in their way.

That was probably the most ******** statement in this whole thread :facepalm::facepalm:

What does walking around in normal day life have to do with playing the game of basketball????

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Z should have been suspended too

jneises21
04-01-2011, 11:02 AM

No but I guarantee you almost everyone who has played basketball on this site has been elbowed before :rolleyes:

Lim
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
only 1 game?

blahblahyoutoo
04-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Eh, not too big a deal. Z shoulda been suspended, but no biggie.

tell me why Z should've been suspended, let alone ejected for the game.
what did he do? when you're 7' and bringing the ball around head high, any 6 footer is going to catch an elbow to the face if they get up too close in HIS space.
there was no maliciousness in Z's actions.

The Jokemaker
04-01-2011, 01:50 PM
No but I guarantee you almost everyone who has played basketball on this site has been elbowed before :rolleyes:

The one pickup game I've played in in the past year I took an elbow to the face. It is part of the game.

However this seemed a bit more intentional. He seemed to really shove that elbow out there. To be honest I didn't see much of anything there anyway. If Wall got suspended for that and it seems Big Z's elbow was intentional then he should have been suspended.

If a bully is making fun of a kid at school and the kid punches the bully, should only the kid be suspended? No, the bully should be too. (Note: Not saying Big Z is a bully, just using this as a reference)

blahblahyoutoo
04-01-2011, 01:54 PM
The one pickup game I've played in in the past year I took an elbow to the face. It is part of the game.

However this seemed a bit more intentional. He seemed to really shove that elbow out there. To be honest I didn't see much of anything there anyway. If Wall got suspended for that and it seems Big Z's elbow was intentional then he should have been suspended.

If a bully is making fun of a kid at school and the kid punches the bully, should only the kid be suspended? No, the bully should be too. (Note: Not saying Big Z is a bully, just using this as a reference)

watch the video again.
wall is leaning towards Z, not standing straight up. he's all over his space and rightfully caught an elbow.

Klivlend
04-01-2011, 02:03 PM
The only thing wrong with the play was Walls reaction. He totally over reacted. So what, you caught an elbow in the grill. Back the F up. You shouldn't be in Big Z's space like that. This stuff happens all the time. J. Wizzle just over reacted. It's really not that big of a deal. Coachs teach players from a young age to clear space with their elbows like that. Come on, don't most of you guys play ball?

Sync
04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
So Wall's suspended and Z isn't, cause that makes complete sense.

mikealike305
04-01-2011, 02:09 PM
so wall's suspended and z isn't, cause that makes complete sense.

couldnt agree more....

Z did nothing wrong

redwhitenblue
04-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Z should've gotten a game at least, you can try and say he didn't do anything wrong, any non-Heat fan including all the analysts clearly say he's poking his elbows into Wall's face.

Howard is the one I don't understand, the NBA used to have the "3rd man in" rule where the guy who jumped in and instigated more would get in more trouble. This is now the 2nd time this year Howard has done that and nothing.

mikealike305
04-01-2011, 02:31 PM
If wall didnt lose his mind and throw a punch what z did wouldnt have even been discussed. Elbows get used all the time in the nba. Just the way it is. Z did nothing wrong.

Geargo Wallace
04-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Honestly you are the most sensitive moron on this site. I think you should just leave the NBA forum and go join the world issues forum, and bring your get rich quick scheme DVD's with you. I don't even know what point you're trying to get across with this post.

RCarlson85
04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Elbows are a normal occurrence in basketball, punches aren't. If someone throws an elbow it could draw a foul, that wouldn't be out of the question and it happens often, but you don't see punches thrown. Wall was the one who took it to another level. He let his temper get the better of him and now he's paying for it.

blahblahyoutoo
04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Elbows are a normal occurrence in basketball, punches aren't. If someone throws an elbow it could draw a foul, that wouldn't be out of the question and it happens often, but you don't see punches thrown. Wall was the one who took it to another level. He let his temper get the better of him and now he's paying for it.

yup, he's not helping his image any. esp as a rookie.

Lim
04-01-2011, 03:55 PM
how does wall only get 1 game? dude threw a punch at big z lol

WizFan3
04-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Ok heat fans shut the **** up Big Z is such a ***** in many ways i dnt even know where to start and Juwan Howard needs to get shot im tired of him always gettn into fights...well i mean mine as well wen u cnt play basketball u mine as well get ppls attention for somthin else right? *****HHHHHHH also i totally agree with wall getting suspended evn if z was messn wit him he was clearly trying to create space for himself basketball IS a contact sport after all so i do not fault z for that...wall needs to calm down and control himself better and this isnt the first time jwall lost it a little bit. Overall all 3 should be suspended not just wall and howard and z need to retire b4 they get ****ed up

blahblahyoutoo
04-01-2011, 04:59 PM
how does wall only get 1 game? dude threw a punch at big z lol

because big Z didn't even know it was thrown.

blahblahyoutoo
04-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Ok heat fans shut the **** up Big Z is such a ***** in many ways i dnt even know where to start and Juwan Howard needs to get shot im tired of him always gettn into fights...well i mean mine as well wen u cnt play basketball u mine as well get ppls attention for somthin else right? *****HHHHHHH also i totally agree with wall getting suspended evn if z was messn wit him he was clearly trying to create space for himself basketball IS a contact sport after all so i do not fault z for that...wall needs to calm down and control himself better and this isnt the first time jwall lost it a little bit. Overall all 3 should be suspended not just wall and howard and z need to retire b4 they get ****ed up

you just totally contradicted yourself by saying you don't fault Z for creating space in a contact sport.
then you go on to say that he should be suspended.

amazing display of logic.