PDA

View Full Version : Are the lakers downplaying the regular season?

anjoe29
03-31-2011, 12:56 AM
for me, their down playing the first half of the season.. they look very different right now compared to the previous month of playing basketball.. any thoughts?

Chacarron
03-31-2011, 12:57 AM
They flipped "the switch."

mttwlsn16
03-31-2011, 01:02 AM
fakers will be right there when its all said n done...i just hope its not another ****ing laker celtic final. heat can **** themselves too

gimme dallas/okc vs bulls/hawks or something

anything new

shep33
03-31-2011, 01:15 AM
I still don't think it matters if they're the 1st or 3rd seed. They just have to be healthy... really they've won the past 2 years with Bynum hurt. Still, the Spurs, Thunder, Mavs are all elite teams out west

da wood
03-31-2011, 01:29 AM
yeah they seem to have flipped the switch

GREATNESS ONE
03-31-2011, 01:32 AM
They're winners. They Know how to WIN and have the best player/Hungriest in the league. The Championship goes thru them and they're pumping on all cylinders.

GoatMilk
03-31-2011, 02:36 AM
got to suck for laker haters and the other nba teams

lakers look vulnerable, old, slow. everyone is smiling around the NBA, laker haters too
then they literally flipped the switch. whole new team, and they're still not at their peak. definitely room for improvement

IDB Josh M
03-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Always laker haters. Is it LA?

Lake_Show2416
03-31-2011, 03:02 AM
NBA regular season is a joke

JiffyMix88
03-31-2011, 03:31 AM
^ Then don't watch

Purple&Gold24
03-31-2011, 03:39 AM
the switch was flipped off by accident during the first half :D

Iron24th
03-31-2011, 05:16 AM
fakers will be right there when its all said n done...i just hope its not another ****ing laker celtic final. heat can **** themselves too

gimme dallas/okc vs bulls/hawks or something

anything new

or clippers VS anyone else :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
03-31-2011, 08:48 AM
They are two time current champs. They realize the season and playoffs are a marathon, and keeping sharp enough early and then becoming focused as the season closes is the right way not to expend all their energy early.

It should come as no surprise that the Lakers are turning it on now, and they will be the same Lakers come playoff time.

JasonJohnHorn
03-31-2011, 08:51 AM
The NBA is all about momentum. If the playoffs were held after the first month, it would have been the Spurs and the Celtics. Right now, it looks like it would be the Bulls and the Lakers. Its like when Miami won their first (and only) title. They were play good ball most of the season, but the three weeks before playoffs, they just seemed to click. Everybody was playing into the system, I remember Antoine Walker was leading the league in charges taken, Wade was on fire, Shaq was an huge impact player on the court, Posey, all them guys, and they just carried that momentum into the post season and got to the conference finals on that steam (though officiating helped them out quite a bit the last two rounds).

The Pistons had the same thing in 04. They just clicked.

As for the Lakers not taking the regular season seriously, some members of the team may not. I remember in 03 and 04 they seemed to lax about the regular season, but that didnt help them much. Sometimes very talented teams just think they can turn it on when they need to (I am reminded of the 07 Pistons), but the thing is, you gotta get it going and keep it going, there is no on/off switch.

The Final Boss
03-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Look, Miami was gift wrapped their lone title and Detroit only won because Los Angeles had a locker room in turmoil and an injured Mailman.

RaiderLakersA's
03-31-2011, 12:09 PM
The regular season is just that. Regular. But as the playoffs approach, it's time to get focused and take your game to that next level. The wins after the All-Star break are a reflection of that. Momentum is nice, but good teams create their own momentum. The Lakers aren't some oarless, motorless boat in the water waiting for an auspicious breeze. They're a Super Speedboat. They've been to the finals 3 times in the last 3 years. You don't do that without knowing how and when to turn it on.