PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions from Heat-Wiz "Brawl"?

marlinsfan24
03-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Do you think the NBA will hammer down some suspensions on the players involved in this and if so, for how many games?

Here is a video of the fight:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6275394

Personally, I'd say the suspensions should look something like this:

Big Z:3 games
Wall: 3 games
Howard: 2 games

Thoughts?

Rego247
03-31-2011, 12:25 AM
i'd say z gets 3 games, wall gets 3, howard gets 1.

Arch Stanton
03-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Z could use the rest.

Toxeryll
03-31-2011, 12:43 AM
i think wall gets more, something like 4-5 games, then z 3 games, howard 1 game

$KnicksAndKobe$
03-31-2011, 12:47 AM
Please no ...

I'm in the semi finals in fantasy ball, I need wall!!! ):

NJrockPD
03-31-2011, 12:50 AM
Wall deserves the most. he threw a jab. imagine how big a deal it would be if Z punched him, but people brush it off because he's small.

Phenomenonsense
03-31-2011, 12:51 AM
Z was throwing Ninja-elbows like a boss.

hgtiger32
03-31-2011, 12:51 AM
the better question is who would win the fight between Big Z and John Wall?

justinnum1
03-31-2011, 12:53 AM
why does z deserve a suspension?

DQL
03-31-2011, 12:55 AM
Juwan Howard is a boss. It's the 2nd time he has done that against the Wiz this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubaZaKwx8_U

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 12:56 AM

The second deliberate elbow he hit John Wall thus starting the altercation in the first place?

:shrug:

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 12:57 AM
Juwan Howard is a boss. It's the 2nd time he has done that against the Wiz this season

Such a great teammate to have.

Rego247
03-31-2011, 12:58 AM

elbows and grabbing wall probably.

JNA17
03-31-2011, 12:59 AM
not sure about big z. But Wall and Howard might.

hyb152
03-31-2011, 01:01 AM
Wall should be suspended just for being a punk that threw a pathetic punch. It didn't even phase Ilgauskus.

John Walls Era
03-31-2011, 01:07 AM
Wall should not be suspended. Big Z was throwing elbows everywhere, could've broke his nose. What Wall did was great, can't let a Heat player pull that BS on you.

hyb152
03-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Wall should not be suspended. Big Z was throwing elbows everywhere, could've broke his nose. What Wall did was great, can't let a Heat player pull that BS on you.

Ummmm.... Wall should be suspended since he was the only one that threw a punch..... that Ilgauskus didn't even feel lol. Your username is Wall's Era so you don't really have much credibility here. Wall should be suspended, but he should be more worried about his pride than his suspension. He punched someone in the rib and they didnt even feel it. Embarrassing. Wall could care less about being suspended, but that soft punch is on youtube now. Hopefully, Johnny will learn from this and next time he gets into an altercation, he can at least make the guy cringe a little bit.

AddiX
03-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Wow, wall needs stop practicing the dougie and learn to thrown a damn punch.

tredigs
03-31-2011, 01:33 AM
Please no ...

Hah. Same boat. Same ****ing boat.

Looks like I'm going to beat my dude regardless, but c'mon Wall - fantasy playoffs son!

redwhitenblue
03-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Wall-2 games, Z-1 game, Howard-1 or 2 games.

Avenged
03-31-2011, 02:00 AM
Forget the "brawl", how about that block by Mcgee on Bosh? wow!

*Superman*
03-31-2011, 02:01 AM
Um. Wall should be suspended. He clearly swung, even though Z was throwing elbows.

Gotta love Juwan Howard.

*Superman*
03-31-2011, 02:03 AM

Lmao at Joel hitting Arenas on the head while falling.

That **** was scary though..

John Walls Era
03-31-2011, 02:09 AM
League better not suspend Wall for more than a game. He better get the superstar treatment. 1 game for superstars so that the league can say they did something...

Rego247
03-31-2011, 02:13 AM

he cried about it later too.

CityofTreez
03-31-2011, 02:21 AM
If Z answered back with a punch, this would've been a brawl.

All (3) players should be suspended, idk for how long though?

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 02:23 AM
Just got off the phone with Stu Jackson. John Wall suspended 5 games. Ilgauskas 2. Howard 2.

5ass
03-31-2011, 02:25 AM
mcgee blocked the **** out of bosh

The Final Boss
03-31-2011, 02:27 AM
I think a sub-thread should be created asking how the **** does a person get away with having 2 football and 2 basketball teams in his sig. Isn't That alone should be worth an infraction.

John Walls Era
03-31-2011, 02:31 AM
I think a sub-thread should be created asking how the **** does a person get away with having 2 football and 2 basketball teams in his sig. Isn't That alone should be worth an infraction.

East, West, NFC, AFC

MalZee24
03-31-2011, 02:50 AM

x2.

It's kind of how like most laker fans abandoned their old teams and jumped on the laker bandwagon. I'm not saying you specifically, but most laker "fans" on here aren't true laker fans. You seem like a real fan from the LA area. You should take control and kick all those bandwagon laker fans off. They didnt stand by your team in the rough years like you must have done.

IversonIsKrazy
03-31-2011, 03:09 AM
Javale McGee ahahaha I love that kid!! Those were 2 vicious blocks on Bosh n Wade to follow up after the little scrap. The punches Wall threw were extremely pathetic tho, I would've expected more.

Lake_Show2416
03-31-2011, 03:14 AM
Wall should be suspended just for being a punk that threw a pathetic punch. It didn't even phase Ilgauskus.

I'd hope so seeing that he's 7'3 and only got hit in the side

rhino17
03-31-2011, 03:29 AM
0 games

that was hardly an altercation

John Walls Era
03-31-2011, 03:32 AM
John Wall clearly wasn't looking for a fight. The guy is a class act, he just had to react to stop Small Z from elbowing him in the face.

koLohe2133
03-31-2011, 03:47 AM
Big z and Howard are punks and ring chasers.... Z threw 2 elbows to walls face!

Mr. Pistols
03-31-2011, 03:47 AM
You call that a brawl? Should see my family reunions.

Rego247
03-31-2011, 03:49 AM
john wall clearly wasn't looking for a fight. The guy is a class act, he just had to react to stop small z from elbowing him in the face.

+1

Lim
03-31-2011, 04:09 AM
LOL look at javale mcgee got into a fighting stance preparing for the 60 yer old juan howard. **** made me laugh

JARVIS123
03-31-2011, 04:34 AM
Z was throwing Ninja-elbows like a boss.

people would say z should get suspended for throwing elbows.z did what all big man do.it's not his fault wall stand to his knees.blame wall for overreacting.as for McGee and howard,it's okay for mcgee to get involved and protect his teammate ,but howard suppose to stand there and watch.

DodgerBulls
03-31-2011, 04:40 AM
Only if Mcgee and Howard got into it, they were so heated. Anyway, it was actually a good punch from Wall. Too bad Z is too big for him and Wall didn't get that momentum.

kurivaimu
03-31-2011, 05:40 AM
What did ilgauskas do? I mean seriously, if a guy guardes u like wall, then you do elbow swing. It's like an unwritten rule in basketball.
Theres a video where Dirk is being guarded up close by a smaller guy and every commentator shous: swing your elbows Dirk, let him know you're here

Gram
03-31-2011, 08:10 AM
lol Howard and Z. Like the guy above said, ring chasers. I guess they should at least do something for this team. lol.

ThunderZubb
03-31-2011, 08:14 AM
I got off the phone with stu jackson. People get this Lebron james got suspended for 5 games for blowing wade in the Locker Shower after the game, man that is sad to hear. Hold on Stu jackson just called me and informed me that Lebron just got suspended for the whole playoffs for sleeping with all the heat players what a man whore.

mttwlsn16
03-31-2011, 08:26 AM
nobody should be suspended it was a little altercation that didnt amount to anything

mttwlsn16
03-31-2011, 08:30 AM

agreed 100%, but still dont think anyone should miss time

Sly Guy
03-31-2011, 08:47 AM
that punch by wall seemed to be a good one, except Z is about 5 or 6 weight classes above him. LOL.

Hitman21
03-31-2011, 08:55 AM
What did ilgauskas do? I mean seriously, if a guy guardes u like wall, then you do elbow swing. It's like an unwritten rule in basketball.
Theres a video where Dirk is being guarded up close by a smaller guy and every commentator shous: swing your elbows Dirk, let him know you're here

Theres a difference of swinging your elbows, and deliberatly connecting 2 elbows in a row to your defenders face. being as tall as big Z is...if he didnt want to connect to wall's face..all he had to do was swing over walls head..which wouldnt be too hard seing the height advantage. But instead he went for his face. U would do the same exact thing.

Mane
03-31-2011, 09:03 AM
Juwan Howard is such a douche. Second time he's overreacted in something he didn't even need to be involved in. Guess if you're washed up you gotta get involved in some fights. As a Wizard fan, i don't think there should be any suspensions. It wasn't really that big of a deal. I didn't think anyone needed to be ejected even. If anyone gets suspended, it should be just Wall for like 2 games, maybe Z for 1-2 just to make it fair. It was pretty dumb :laugh2: hardly a fight..

JasonJohnHorn
03-31-2011, 09:04 AM
I have watched the video like twenty times and I- who am not a heat fan in the least- have no clue why Z even got EJECTED let alone suspended!

He is the offensive player with the ball in his hand, Wall working hard on D, comes into Z'es elbow and Z is responding to Wall's defensive play on the ball. No foul. Then it looks like maybe a little intentional elbow from Wall, maybe not, then the clear punch. Z stepped forward, didnt raise his hands and just kept close to Wall to take away on play for another punch. All seemed okay to me.

Wall has some balls though, Z is not a small guy, and he's one of those hardcore eastern european dudes. pull some kgb $#!t on him man... not a guy I would throw a punch at.

Raven-Lunatic
03-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Z threw the elbows intentionally. This isn't the first time there was an altercation between Wall and Z. Early in the season Z elbowed Wall and knocked him down. Wall got up in his face and both players got technical fouls. If I'm not mistaken that was the same game Howard got ejected for pushing Hilton Armstrong in the back. Seems like two old bullies trying to pick on the young guys.

Basketash
03-31-2011, 09:16 AM
I have watched the video like twenty times and I- who am not a heat fan in the least- have no clue why Z even got EJECTED let alone suspended!

He is the offensive player with the ball in his hand, Wall working hard on D, comes into Z'es elbow and Z is responding to Wall's defensive play on the ball. No foul. Then it looks like maybe a little intentional elbow from Wall, maybe not, then the clear punch. Z stepped forward, didnt raise his hands and just kept close to Wall to take away on play for another punch. All seemed okay to me.

Wall has some balls though, Z is not a small guy, and he's one of those hardcore eastern european dudes. pull some kgb $#!t on him man... not a guy I would throw a punch at.

Just the way i saw it...I think the ejections were enough

Squad13
03-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Lebron should get at least 3 games for that, he clearly told big Z to do that!

/Sarcam

mikealike305
03-31-2011, 09:28 AM
I have no idea why big z got ejected? Give him a tech 1 fine but to be ejected for swinging his elbows the same way every nba player has done to create space? Stupid. Plus the fact the big z could of... Idk... Thrown a punch back? But didnt. Shows he didnt even want the fight. If i was z id throw a punch right back and most of u guys would to.

TheDetroitBlue
03-31-2011, 09:29 AM
that was the most wussiest "brawl" i have ever seen

AntiG
03-31-2011, 09:30 AM
1 game max. That was nothing.

Mikeleafs
03-31-2011, 09:31 AM
McGee is my new favourite player!

He made Bosh & Wade look stupid AND he was gonna kill Howard!! LOL

metsbulls1025
03-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Wall should get the most games IMO. He actually threw a punch. Big Z should get the least because he didn't look like he was trying to hit Wall with his elbows. That doesn't mean that wasn't his intentions, but all he was doing was keeping the ball high and creating space. Howard should definitely get 2-3 games because for no reason he came up and pushed some one. So if it was me I would do.....

Wall - 3 games
Howard - 2 Games
Big Z - 1 Game

nstojic
03-31-2011, 09:44 AM
mcgee should be suspended for that block on bosh.. that was just drrrrrrty!

NIUHuskies
03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
If what Big Z did was wrong then why didn't the refs call a foul on him. What he did is perfectly acceptable. Wall throwing punches into his midsection as he has his hands above his head is completely uncalled for and ridiculous.

The ref clearly saw Wall throw a punch and was running in to stop it immediately. If Big Z laid his *** out that would have been totally justified in my opinion and no one would have killed him for it in the media.

Rivera
03-31-2011, 09:49 AM
i dont think anyone should be suspended...that wasnt even a brawl

that was soft....thats considered a dust up...no harm no foul

but im sure the nba will overreact and give them at least 2 to 3 games each :pity:

king4day
03-31-2011, 09:50 AM
How does anyone think Z gets any games? He didn't do anything wrong.
The only person that should be suspended is Wall. Z should get no punishment unless they somehow confirm he did throw an elbow on purpose which the replays seems to indicate was not the case.

Howard and McGee if anything, maybe a fine. They just got in each others faces.

Hitman21
03-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Wall should get the most games IMO. He actually threw a punch. Big Z should get the least because he didn't look like he was trying to hit Wall with his elbows. That doesn't mean that wasn't his intentions, but all he was doing was keeping the ball high and creating space. Howard should definitely get 2-3 games because for no reason he came up and pushed some one. So if it was me I would do.....

Wall - 3 games
Howard - 2 Games
Big Z - 1 Game

Let me get this straight...BIG Z - who is 7'3...was being gaurded by john wall..who is more than a foot shorter, and was crouching while defending big z....and big z was keeping his elbows high and still managed to elbow wall in the face twice??? somehow..that doesnt add up

madmoochie
03-31-2011, 10:46 AM
howard is a goon

TylerSL
03-31-2011, 10:50 AM
I would say they all need to get suspended. Give Z and Wall 3 games and a fine of like 100,000 each, and Howard gets a 1 game suspention and a fine of like 30,000.

sep11ie
03-31-2011, 10:52 AM
They were all mad.

justinnum1
03-31-2011, 11:03 AM
LOL look at javale mcgee got into a fighting stance preparing for the 60 yer old juan howard. **** made me laugh

Howard would have destroyed mcgee

pd1dish
03-31-2011, 11:12 AM
i thought it was funny that big z was flexing and pointing to his arms when he was thrown out but instead of having muscles, he was pointing to his flabby arms

Big Zo
03-31-2011, 11:12 AM
That seemed like a whole lot of nothing to me.

nashehbazi
03-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Ummmm.... Wall should be suspended since he was the only one that threw a punch..... that Ilgauskus didn't even feel lol. Your username is Wall's Era so you don't really have much credibility here. Wall should be suspended, but he should be more worried about his pride than his suspension. He punched someone in the rib and they didnt even feel it. Embarrassing. Wall could care less about being suspended, but that soft punch is on youtube now. Hopefully, Johnny will learn from this and next time he gets into an altercation, he can at least make the guy cringe a little bit.

It's called retaliation buddy

carnage101
03-31-2011, 11:17 AM
the better question is did you see that block on chris bosh by jvell mcgee.. wow wha a block. Bosh looked like a wimp

pd1dish
03-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Let me get this straight...BIG Z - who is 7'3...was being gaurded by john wall..who is more than a foot shorter, and was crouching while defending big z....and big z was keeping his elbows high and still managed to elbow wall in the face twice??? somehow..that doesnt add up

i dont think that big z actually landed any of those elbow shots. Wall said he was hit and his reaction was to hit back, but it looked like no contact and Wall was just swinging probably because he was mad that Z threw an elbow in the first place.

i think Z gets the same penalty as Wall (whatever it may be) just because he instigated it and Wall gets the penalty for throwing the punch. Howard gets a suspension too because of the push on Mcgee and if Saunders didnt get out there to hold Mcgee back, there could have been more shots being thrown.

i just cant wait to see another Pistons, Pacers type brawl. we need another Artest to come into the league.

carnage101
03-31-2011, 11:21 AM
i dont think that big z actually landed any of those elbow shots. Wall said he was hit and his reaction was to hit back, but it looked like no contact and Wall was just swinging probably because he was mad that Z threw an elbow in the first place.

i think Z gets the same penalty as Wall (whatever it may be) just because he instigated it and Wall gets the penalty for throwing the punch. Howard gets a suspension too because of the push on Mcgee and if Saunders didnt get out there to hold Mcgee back, there could have been more shots being thrown.

i just cant wait to see another Pistons, Pacers type brawl. we need another Artest to come into the league.

you do realize it ruined a franchise. that brawl was the worst thing that ever happened to reggie miller. His title chance was stolen by david sterns strict policy. hate that guy

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Javale Mcgee looked rattled when Howard came at him. LOL! Mcgee and Howard got involved quickly, each to defend their teammates. You have to respect that. But Wall completely lost his cool. Complete lack of emotional intelligence. Good basketball player, but low IQ.

RaiderLakersA's
03-31-2011, 11:34 AM

Agreed. That was hardly a fight, but those blocks were vicious!

nickdymez
03-31-2011, 11:36 AM

Typical homer post

SteBO
03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
The inner nba non homer fan in me says no punishment period. Just give them techs, fines, ejections and move on. I hate the nba treating these players like children. NBA clearly has gotten soft. They're men, and I say don't suspend any of them period, especially after something as silly as that. However, Wall should be the only one suspended if anybody. Z did nothing wrong, and Howard and McGee should get fined. Nothing more.

nickdymez
03-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Howard would have destroyed mcgee

lmao... more homerism

SteBO
03-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Typical homer post
No reason for Z to get suspended. Clearing space is legal in the NBA.

nickdymez
03-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Its legal when you do it the right way. When you lower your elbows to clear out a 6'0 guard, then your playing dirty. Big Z has always been a dirty player. Big men are taught to hold the ball high (At the face to clear out) in those situations. Z didnt do that, wall knew it.. Wall was wrong as well... No one should be suspended...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
My man Javale not backin to the ol timer!

Hitman21
03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Javale Mcgee looked rattled when Howard came at him. LOL! Mcgee and Howard got involved quickly, each to defend their teammates. You have to respect that. But Wall completely lost his cool. Complete lack of emotional intelligence. Good basketball player, but low IQ.

Yea..mcgee was clearly rattled as he was pursuing juwan howard...Mcgee wouldve worked that POS like it was his stepchild

And as for wall have a low IQ...how do you figure? because he retaliated after he clearly got elbowed twice for playing great D? wtf does that have to do with someones IQ?

Hitman21
03-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Its legal when you do it the right way. When you lower your elbows to clear out a 6'0 guard, then your playing dirty. Big Z has always been a dirty player. Big men are taught to hold the ball high (At the face to clear out) in those situations. Z didnt do that, wall knew it.. Wall was wrong as well... No one should be suspended...

THIS^

Someone who knows what they are talking about. There is a right way of clearing people out, and there is a wrong way. if big Z held the ball up high..like yur supposed to (the right way), his elbows wouldnt have connected to a small pgs face. instead he was frustrated by the defense and he dropped his elbows and swung( the wrong way)

Not to mention this isnt the first time BIG Z has played dirty against wall...

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Yea..mcgee was clearly rattled as he was pursuing juwan howard...Mcgee wouldve worked that POS like it was his stepchild

And as for wall have a low IQ...how do you figure? because he retaliated after he clearly got elbowed twice for playing great D? wtf does that have to do with someones IQ?

Mcgee looked scared or at least caught by surprise.

Wall lacks emotional intelligence--you have to control yourself in that situation, both for your own good and for the good of your team. I mean, if it's a blatant assault, then sure, retaliate. But this wasn't a case of bullying. Swinging elbows (and this was a very slow, turtle-like "swing" by Z) are standard practice in the NBA.

blahblahyoutoo
03-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Z's elbows obviously were inadvertent.
wall's little sucker punch didn't even phase Z, roflmao.

Hitman21
03-31-2011, 12:26 PM
and Big Z is extremely intelligent in his actions? C'mon man..Big Z has been doing this for years...the refs took 15 min to review it and decided that he intentionally did it... Lets not stand here and pretend like Big Z is a frkin saint, and never does anything. Dont let your homersim blind your judgement. Like i said..this isnt even the first time Big z has done something liek this to wall

if someone elbows me n the face twice..then u better believe something is going down. If wall stood there and took the elbows with no reaction..we would have a forum about how wall is a wuss. Im glad wall showed some kind of emotion.

marlinsfan24
03-31-2011, 12:29 PM
I don't know if Big Z's elbows were intentional or not, but the NBA has a history of suspending players for elbows. (ie. Kobe a couple of seasons ago.)

blahblahyoutoo
03-31-2011, 12:33 PM
people would say z should get suspended for throwing elbows.z did what all big man do.it's not his fault wall stand to his knees.blame wall for overreacting.as for McGee and howard,it's okay for mcgee to get involved and protect his teammate ,but howard suppose to stand there and watch.

exactly. he's moving the ball around, if you get up in his space, you'll get hit with an elbow.
it's not like he was swinging them wildly.

sep11ie
03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
i think ur the biggest idiot on this forum

X500 other people here

blahblahyoutoo
03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
If what Big Z did was wrong then why didn't the refs call a foul on him. What he did is perfectly acceptable. Wall throwing punches into his midsection as he has his hands above his head is completely uncalled for and ridiculous.

The ref clearly saw Wall throw a punch and was running in to stop it immediately. If Big Z laid his *** out that would have been totally justified in my opinion and no one would have killed him for it in the media.

exactly, in fact, all he did was walk towards wall and held him. he shouldn't have even been ejected in this game.

Hitman21
03-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Mcgee looked scared or at least caught by surprise.

Maybe because he was breaking up the fight, and howard came out of nowehere and shoved him for no reason? did u not see that? was that necessary on howards part....it wouldnt have escalated is howard wouldve helped mcgee pull apart the 2..but instead he shoves him liek that? where is his emotional intelligence?

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Maybe because he was breaking up the fight, and howard came out of nowehere and shoved him for no reason? did u not see that? was that nesseccary on howards part....it wouldnt have escalated is howard wouldve helped mcgee pull apart the 2..but instead he shoves him liek that? where is his emotional intelligence?

I agree. Wall has very inferior emotional intelligence.

blahblahyoutoo
03-31-2011, 12:51 PM

i have to admit it, the blocks on bosh (and wade)... block(s) of the year.

mavwar53
03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Please no ...

Oh, for sure lets hit up the commish office cause you're such a big deal.

Can't believe how many people worry about "fantasy" when it comes to stuff like this.

Atticus Finch
03-31-2011, 01:11 PM
All year people complain about how soft the NBA is and how great it was in the 80's. Then last night big Z swings some elbows and people want him suspended anywhere from 1-5 games for playing dirty? Only suspension I'd give out is to wall because technically he threw a punch, meaning automatic one game suspension.

Hitman21
03-31-2011, 01:33 PM
All year people complain about how soft the NBA is and how great it was in the 80's. Then last night big Z swings some elbows and people want him suspended anywhere from 1-5 games for playing dirty? Only suspension I'd give out is to wall because technically he threw a punch, meaning automatic one game suspension.

So if wall elbowed big z in the face right back then it wouldve been ok?

kntresistheheat
03-31-2011, 01:46 PM
How come Javale did not get thrown out?? He pushed howard and put up his fist ready to fight howard.

Heater4life
03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
Um. Wall should be suspended. He clearly swung, even though Z was throwing elbows.

Gotta love Juwan Howard.

Really? :eyebrow:

Z was was using his elbows to deter wall from being a pesky but by no means was he THROWING elbows.

THESE are elbows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3FXLyNFew

xbrackattackx
03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
McGee fighting stance was the best part. Fightin Irish.

Heater4life
03-31-2011, 01:59 PM
So if wall elbowed big z in the face right back then it wouldve been ok?

I dont expect any NBA player to tuck in his arms to allow a pesky defensive player body up on him. You put your elbows out to gain a little space, that happens from the pros to college. Now if you choose to continue to body up you risk getting decked, I for one have been many times. Theres a difference between catching a couple elbows while playing tight D and a player deliberately swinging an elbow, Z didnt swing an elbow, he extend it out and Wall choose to risk catching it on the grill.

You guys have put Dikembe Mutumbo to shame!!!

AIRMAR72
03-31-2011, 02:11 PM
john walls is a PUNK taking cheap on big Z Walls know bigman always put there elbows up when a smaller player is up too close if i was big Z i wouldve level Walls to the ground with my FIST AND pay the fine

COOLbeans
03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Howard is always trying to get in the middle of something. haha that's the old way of the nba. nowadays, players just stand and watch. Where were Wall's teamates when the grossly bigger Zydrunas was about to destroy John Wall?? tell me. Instead of Mcgee playing peace maker he should have said or done something to big Z to protect his rookie star PG.

chicago lulz
03-31-2011, 02:18 PM
lol'd at those giving Wall flack for his punch. We apparently have a lot of tough guys and fighters on this forum.

Anyways, I don't know why he threw a punch in the first place. Z was just being tall and trying to create space between him and his defender.

Atticus Finch
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM
I dont expect any NBA player to tuck in his arms to allow a pesky defensive player body up on him. You put your elbows out to gain a little space, that happens from the pros to college. Now if you choose to continue to body up you risk getting decked, I for one have been many times. Theres a difference between catching a couple elbows while playing tight D and a player deliberately swinging an elbow, Z didnt swing an elbow, he extend it out and Wall choose to risk catching it on the grill.

You guys have put Dikembe Mutumbo to shame!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Fmaranesi
03-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Bunch of girls if you ask me, where's the fighting!! The NBA has gotten so soft lately, I want to see some fists and people getting bloody. Wall should have tried to swing at Zs head and Z should have swung back , then you have a brawl...this was more like hey man get out of my face business. Weak.

Sadds The Gr8
03-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Big Z is lucky they were holdin Wall back cuz Wall woulda KTFO Big Z.

ElMarroAfamado
03-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Lebron James should be suspended

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Lebron James should be suspended

He definitely should. He's too good. Unfair competitive advantage. 10 game suspension.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-31-2011, 04:38 PM
I think they got the suspensions right.

KingPosey
03-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Do you think the NBA will hammer down some suspensions on the players involved in this and if so, for how many games?

Here is a video of the fight:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6275394

Personally, I'd say the suspensions should look something like this:

Big Z:3 games
Wall: 3 games
Howard: 2 games

Thoughts?
3 GAMES?!

No way, nothing even happened. 1 game at the most is what SHOULD happen. Just fine them.

theheatles
03-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Maybe because he was breaking up the fight, and howard came out of nowehere and shoved him for no reason? did u not see that? was that necessary on howards part....it wouldnt have escalated is howard wouldve helped mcgee pull apart the 2..but instead he shoves him liek that? where is his emotional intelligence?

#1 rule in sports fights is to grab/push the opposing teams players instead of your own because u don't want them to get a free shot on ur teammate

hollins did the exact same thing to wade the night before that z did to wall but wade isn't a petulant child like john wall and wall let his emotions get the best of him

ilovemyangel
03-31-2011, 05:05 PM
I think Big Z shud be suspended longer or rather more appropriately be fined cos he was the instigator and Wall was merely defending himself. nobody can get elbowed above the neck twice and not snap.

John Walls Era
03-31-2011, 05:08 PM
#1 rule in sports fights is to grab/push the opposing teams players instead of your own because u don't want them to get a free shot on ur teammate

hollins did the exact same thing to wade the night before that z did to wall but wade isn't a petulant child like john wall and wall let his emotions get the best of him

Thats because Wade is scared. Whens the last time he got into someones face? Never....

John Wall could kill Small Z and the entire Heat team by himself... Howard was lucky he got the cheap push in to stall Wall and allow the refs to jump in.

justinnum1
03-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Wall needs to get in a gym.

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Thats because Wade is scared. Whens the last time he got into someones face? Never....

http://jerseychaser.com/nba-fight-night-dwyane-wade-tells-ryan-hollins-im-a-fk-you-up-during-cavs-heat-game/

Crackadalic
03-31-2011, 07:51 PM
NEW YORK, March 31, 2011 -- John Wall of the Washington Wizards has been suspended one game without pay, and Juwan Howard of the Miami Heat has been fined $35,000 for their roles in an incident during a game on Wednesday, March 30. Additionally, Miami's Zydrunas Ilgauskas has been fined $25,000. The penalties were announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.
Wall has been suspended for his Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, which included throwing a closed-fist and forearm into the midsection of Ilgauskas, and Howard has been fined for escalating the altercation. The incident occurred with 8:48 remaining in the second quarter of the Heat's 123-107 victory at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
Ilgauskas, who received a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, for an elbow to the face of Wall, has been fined for making an obscene gesture following his ejection.
Wall will serve his suspension on Friday, April 1 when the Wizards host the Cleveland Cavaliers.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/03/31/wizards-cavs-fines/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

SteBO
03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/03/31/wizards-cavs-fines/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2
This is fair.

John Walls Era
03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
http://jerseychaser.com/nba-fight-night-dwyane-wade-tells-ryan-hollins-im-a-fk-you-up-during-cavs-heat-game/

O what a tough guy :rolleyes:, nice of him to bring Lebron with him.

jzero
03-31-2011, 09:04 PM
wish it was lebron whom wall tried to punch
lets see you get in there mcgee :clap:

Hoopsadvocate
03-31-2011, 09:12 PM

John Wall could kill Small Z and the entire Heat team by himself... Howard was lucky he got the cheap push in to stall Wall and allow the refs to jump in.

wtf are u talkng about he got in hollins face and got teched in the last cavs game like 2 days ago.

I hate when people talk **** about something they know nothing about just cause they mad.

Hoopsadvocate
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
O what a tough guy :rolleyes:, nice of him to bring Lebron with him.

Hahah really brought lebron with him?? Now i know ur just bitter. If u watch the video wade goes up to hollins by himself the picture on the site even shows him and hollins alone when he walks up to him then lebron AND a cavs player come in to seperate him. I guess wade brought the cavs player with him to right LOL. what a joke.

hawks4
03-31-2011, 09:29 PM
If anything, Wall and Z should only be suspended for one game. This "fight" wasn't even that bad. If this was the playoffs, people would just disregard it and say,"Well, that's playoff basketball." And to call this a brawl would be ridiculous.

RCarlson85
03-31-2011, 09:36 PM
I don't know that anyone deserves a suspension, that was a pretty weak "fight." If anything, maybe 1 game for Wall and Z, but Howard doesn't deserve to miss any games. It just wasn't really that big of a deal. There was an elbow or two, a weak swing by Wall, and then some grabbing/pushing, big deal.

blahblahyoutoo
03-31-2011, 09:39 PM
If anything, Wall and Z should only be suspended for one game. This "fight" wasn't even that bad. If this was the playoffs, people would just disregard it and say,"Well, that's playoff basketball." And to call this a brawl would be ridiculous.

tell me what Z did to deserve a suspension, let alone the ejection.
tell me.

hawks4
03-31-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't know that anyone deserves a suspension, that was a pretty weak "fight." If anything, maybe 1 game for Wall and Z, but Howard doesn't deserve to miss any games. It just wasn't really that big of a deal. There was an elbow or two, a weak swing by Wall, and then some grabbing/pushing, big deal.

I 100% agree

hawks4
03-31-2011, 09:41 PM
tell me what Z did to deserve a suspension, let alone the ejection.
tell me.

The only reason I said "if anything Z should get one game" is because the league has gone soft on us and will find a reason to suspend, or fine him, for hitting Wall with that elbow whether it was intentional or not. So don't get offended. If it was me I wouldn't suspend anyone. I call this "fight" the intensity of the game.

Kenny Powders
03-31-2011, 09:57 PM
brawl....hahahaha