PDA

View Full Version : Will Knicks offer a star for Dwight Howard? (Amare or Melo)

Purple&Gold24
03-30-2011, 10:44 PM
It wouldn’t be shocking at all if the New York Knicks — the Magic’s opponent tonight — make a play for Dwight Howard next season, perhaps offering either Amare Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony at trade deadline for the all-star center.
Howard can become a free agent after next season, and the Magic will be nervously waiting for the NBA’s most dominant big man to make a decision.

If they don’t want to wait and risk losing him without compensation, the Magic could listen to trade offers for Howard next season. It’s when they have some leverage.

Teams in the NBA will be falling all over themselves in attempts to pry Howard away from Orlando — at the trade deadline and, obviously. next summer if, or when, he’s free.

The Knicks are desperate for a center. You don’t think they’d part with either Anthony or Stoudemire for Howard? Stoudemire has had to play the role of the Knicks’ big man this season, and it has worn him down.

“What I see is I still got to get players to put around him to help him,” Knicks GM Donnie Walsh said of Stoudemire, according to the New York Post.

“He can do what he can do great, but we’ve asked him to do what’s beyond him. I know what I have to add to this team. We need bigger people on the team. We need more of them.”

Of course, the last thing the Magic want to do is move Howard, period, and especially to any team in their conference.

You don’t get anything close to equal value in return — and never a superstar. Except that the Knicks have two (so-called) stars to offer.

The Denver Nuggets received some talented role players from New York in the deal for Anthony. Surprisingly, it is the Nuggets who have prospered while the Knicks have struggled mightily pairing ‘Melo with Stoudemire.

Complicating any deal for a pending free agent — as we saw with the Knicks-Nuggets ‘Melo drama — is whether he would re-sign with the team that acquires him.

Anthony was eager to go to New York and sign a $65-million extension. The New Jersey Nets traded for Utah point guard Deron Williams, however, taking the risk that he will re-sign when he becomes a free agent. Williams remains non-committal to the Nets.

There are so many variables at work next season, making any scenario involving Howard’s future impossible to predict. A lock-out is brewing this summer, plus Howard has said publicly that he hopes to stay in Orlando, presumably if the Magic can find more help to deliver him a ring.

The Magic, in a move to keep Howard in town, will likely try to acquire a star to play with him.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/03/will-knicks-offer-a-star-for-dwight-howard.html

shep33
03-30-2011, 10:47 PM
I doubt it, Orlando wants to rebuild with younger players and draft picks if Howard wants out. Doesn't make sense to trade him within the east either. Trade him to the west, OKC, Lakers, Clips all have very good pieces to give up.

LakersIn5
03-30-2011, 10:49 PM
kincks should just wait till dwight is FA and sign him

JeffG20
03-30-2011, 10:54 PM

But they wont, they could have done that with Melo and been so much better

Purple&Gold24
03-30-2011, 10:59 PM
I doubt it, Orlando wants to rebuild with younger players and draft picks if Howard wants out. Doesn't make sense to trade him within the east either. Trade him to the west, OKC, Lakers, Clips all have very good pieces to give up.

I don't think he'll end up with the lakers. I only see OKC getting him, maybe the blazers too :shrug: Roy, LA, and Dwight on the same team :speechless: good match up with the Lakers size wise. lol

oak2455
03-30-2011, 11:02 PM
wasnt there a thread on this already:confused:

allSUAVE
03-30-2011, 11:03 PM

exactly ,but i think he's going to LA

we just need a tyson chandler ,we would be alright then

we get out rebounded by 10 to 20 every game ,thats hard to over come every night

AddiX
03-30-2011, 11:05 PM
I would give Amare away for a lot less than Dwight Howard.

Don't get me wrong I like Amare, but I know it's foolish to think that he has more than 2 years left of high production.

This year alone, his drop off has been epic. He was a legit MVP candidate for awhile, hes far from that now.

allSUAVE
03-30-2011, 11:07 PM
I would give Amare away for a lot less than Dwight Howard.

Don't get me wrong I like Amare, but I know it's foolish to think that he has more than 2 years left of high production.

This year alone, his drop off has been epic. He was a legit MVP candidate for awhile, hes far from that now.

no his play declined because we dont have a play making point guard no more , so he forces it when it dont comes to him

madmoochie
03-30-2011, 11:08 PM
I hope Amare stays. He was the first piece to bring the Knicks back. Sentimental favorite.

fadedmario
03-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Knicks fans are funny

Slimsim
03-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Just hoping Amare isn't Slowing down because of his past Injury

AddiX
03-30-2011, 11:14 PM
no his play declined because we dont have a play making point guard no more , so he forces it when it dont comes to him

Nah man, hes tired.

You act like Felton was setting him up all the time. They completed like 1 pick n roll a game.

The Amare that scored 30 in 9 straight is not the same guy we got now.

There's a reason in Amares contract year he took the first half the season off and played MVP like the 2nd half. His legs can't do it a full season anymore.

This dude was top 5 in ppg, rebounds, and blocks. He's a far ways from that after all star break.

Ask yourself this, do you still see him blowing by defenses like he was early in this season?

PatsSoxKnicks
03-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I'd trade either one for Dwight (I'd probably drive them to the airport) but there's no way this deal happens. The Magic won't want Melo or Amare in return since they'll be looking to rebuild. The Knicks may offer one of their stars but it doesn't mean it gets accepted.

bmd1101
03-30-2011, 11:15 PM
I don't think he'll end up with the lakers. I only see OKC getting him, maybe the blazers too :shrug: Roy, LA, and Dwight on the same team :speechless: good match up with the Lakers size wise. lol

Can you imagine the defense for portland, Wallace and Howard both out there :speechless:

allSUAVE
03-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Nah man, hes tired.

You act like Felton was setting him up all the time. They completed like 1 pick n roll a game.

The Amare that scored 30 in 9 straight is not the same guy we got now.

There's a reason in Amares contract year he took the first half the season off and played MVP like the 2nd half. His legs can't do it a full season anymore.

This dude was top 5 in ppg, rebounds, and blocks. He's a far ways from that after all star break.

Ask yourself this, do you still see him blowing by defenses like he was early in this season?

the scouting report knows what Amare's doing now ,every time he drives to the basketball players see it coming so he get charges draw against him ,he needs a play making point guard to fully complete him ,a deron willams cp3 ,MAYBE??

CowboysKB24
03-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Close this please.