PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James says Derrick Rose deserves to lead MVP debate (ESPN).

Pages : [1] 2

Bruno
03-30-2011, 08:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6274778

By Michael Wallace
ESPN.com
Archive

WASHINGTON -- This season's MVP debate is settled as far as LeBron James is concerned.

James said he believes Derrick Rose is rightfully the frontrunner for the league's top individual award and that everyone else falls in line behind the Chicago Bulls point guard.

“James: What he's done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference -- they're playing some really good basketball.”

"I think Derrick Rose," James said before the Heat's game Wednesday night against the Washington Wizards. "What he's done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference -- they're playing some really good basketball."

Rose said he was surprised to get LeBron's vote.

"Yeah ... I'm speechless right now to tell you the truth," Rose said.

Rose, however, also said the MVP race isn't his main concern right now.

"It's great to hear that," Rose said. "But you know me, but right now I could care less about what people are saying. We had an embarrassing loss last game and that's really what's kind of stuck in my head right now."

James was named MVP each of the past two seasons but has said throughout the year that his chances to win in a third time would be tarnished by his move to the Miami Heat to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. James reiterated that notion Wednesday night.

Rose is averaging 25 points, 7.9 assists and 4.2 rebounds for the Bulls (53-20), who entered Wednesday with a two-game lead over Boston and 2˝ games ahead of Miami atop the East standings. James is averaging 26.9 points, 7.5 rebounds and 6.9 assists for the Heat. He is also shooting a career-high 50.4 percent from the field this season.

James believes his production is strong enough to validate a third consecutive MVP trophy. But he also said Rose seems to be garnering more support among the media block that votes on the award. In addition to Rose and James, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard and Dirk Nowitzki are considered the top candidates for MVP this season.

"Right now, statistically, it's probably one of the best years I've had," James said. "But we'll see. The media kind of controls it. You've got some guys here that have done their job also. At one point, I thought Dirk was also [worthy] until he got hurt. But Derrick Rose definitely has gotten a lot of the exposure and a lot of the media attention because of the work he's done. He's playing some unbelievable basketball."

[I]Michael Wallace covers the NBA for ESPN.com. Information from ESPNChicago.com's Nick Friedell was used in this report.

Follow Michael Wallace on Twitter: @http://twitter.com/WallaceHeatNBA

Bruno
03-30-2011, 08:27 PM
I thought it was interesting that James said "Right now, statistically, it's probably one of the best years I've had." in regards to his 2011 campaign.

D Roses Bulls
03-30-2011, 08:29 PM
James was hit in the head with some common sense right before he said this :)

John Walls Era
03-30-2011, 08:29 PM
News to me if he came out and said "Rose sucks, I should be leading MVP".

ManRam
03-30-2011, 08:35 PM
He's such a douche. So arrogant.

Hustlenomics
03-30-2011, 08:36 PM
wow what a *******

Sergio1984
03-30-2011, 08:40 PM
He still sucks.

k.smith904
03-30-2011, 08:46 PM
lol wow

What?
03-30-2011, 08:57 PM
what a douche.

still1ballin
03-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Are those sarcastic posts? Especially Manram?

Jewelz0376
03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
eh...I think everyone knows Rose getting mvp is pretty much a lock

Avenged
Lebron who?

Geargo Wallace
Dwight still deserves it.

D Roses Bulls
03-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Are those sarcastic posts? Especially Manram?

Pretty sure..... lebron says one thing that isn't condescending and self absorbed and now people want to act like he is a good guy now, lol.......

Baller1
03-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Kobe said that OKC is the second best team in the league, so it must be true.

Hoopsadvocate
So since everyone scrutinizes lebron for everything he said up to this point does this mean rose officially shouldnt be the mvp. I mean when in doubt just do the opposite of lebron and accuse him of being dumb or arrogant right.

Geargo Wallace
My mom says I'm handsome.

Baller1
03-30-2011, 09:10 PM
My mom says I'm handsome.

Then it must be true, using PSD NBA forum logic.

towlsmoke420
03-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Rose MVP : BOOK IT!!

smiddy012
03-30-2011, 09:16 PM
You'd think this would shut up the few select Heat fans arguing for Lebron as MVP... but I doubt it.

Sync
03-30-2011, 09:17 PM
What a lil *****

FuriousJatt
03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
aite heat fans your "king" has spoken, so stop arguing.

Hoopsadvocate
03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
"lebron sucks everything he saids is dumb"

"oh he likes rose for mvp... oh nvm"

-psd bulls fan

JiffyMix88
03-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Then it must be true, using PSD NBA forum logic.

please just stop ur hating.

this is only one of the top 3 mvp candidate's opinion... like that means anything :rolleyes:

now you would have a point if russell westbrook put any of his input in on this

B'sCeltsPatsSox
We already know Rose will win it.

B'sCeltsPatsSox

-psd bulls fan

So true.

ManRam
03-30-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm being sarcastic, I pray to God everyone else is.

But considering this is PSD, I doubt it :sigh:

JiffyMix88

-psd bulls fan

LeBron is still a douche he just acknowledge another player as mvp

-psd bulls fan

John Walls Era
Lebron also said he would win 7.

smiddy012
03-30-2011, 09:36 PM
So true.

As a Bulls fan, it's more about the irony of Heat fans claiming Lebron is MVP (when he's been out of it for a while now) when your best player himself says he doesn't deserve it.

I mean you're defending the guy, sayin he should win MVP, and then he sells you out basically, siding with those (Rose for MVP/Bulls fans) you've been arguin with this whole time...

And sorry if I find Lebron shuving it in his own fan bases faces funny, but I do. This pretty much ends the Lebron for MVP discussion unless you don't put much stock in what Lebron says (as a Heat fan).

ldawg
03-30-2011, 09:37 PM
lebron is becoming easy not to like. When he opens his mouth good or bad its perceive as bad. What he said was not bad however he did pitch his stats in there. But he is right Rose is leading the MVP race followed by Kobe. I think if you are not a Heat fan or a heatles wagoner you wish he looses every time. I know a few people who do not watch heat games unless they are loosing. Yes Lebron your stats look good but so is Wades not to mention your team at present ranks 6th in the league. So its not a media thing. Kobe had many years when his Stats looked good to but like Miami La had a low ranking so other players were more deserving. Rose, Kobe, Duncan and Dirk all have better records at this point.

championships
03-30-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm in complete shock he didn't say himself :speechless: Where was this article from?? Oh ESPN. Alright, It's a fake story. Makes sense now :phew: I just thought hell froze over for a minute.

The Flash
03-30-2011, 09:54 PM
you people Love to hate Lebron

gotoHcarolina52
03-30-2011, 09:55 PM
What LeBron really means:

Derrick Rose is the MVP? :laugh: No, wait, really? :confused: Rose????? Oh hell no :no: Somebody's gonna get a hurtin. Somebody gonna get hurt real bad. :box: They must be :crazy: But whatevas. I'm the true MVP.:win::cheer::bow:

Haters can kiss my :moon:

smiddy012
03-30-2011, 09:58 PM
you people Love to hate Lebron

You people hate to love him.

CHANGO
03-30-2011, 10:01 PM
He is a hypocrite. All that was invented.

Swashcuff
03-30-2011, 10:02 PM
The hate for LeBron astounds me. Some of you guys really need to get a life you and stop hating on EVERYTHING LeBron says.

That man is giving another deserving player his props and you still find ways to spew hatred.

gotoHcarolina52
03-30-2011, 10:03 PM
You people hate to love him.

:confused: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_G7dC0lzjy8Q/TRNIN5O21DI/AAAAAAAAAAw/iMQo9g8fgFc/s400/121181-wtf_picard-468x.jpg

ManRam
03-30-2011, 10:06 PM
The thing about his stats and how he felt his year was...was a direct response to a direct answer asking that very question. I think the question, if I remember, (I read it like an hour ago, I'll try to find it was) "based on the year you're having, do you think you should win" or something like that. Can't fault him for answering that :shrug: It was one of those things where there were a ton of questions being asked and a ton of answers being answered. Without the questions, the answers can look "bad" if you want them to. But honestly, there is absolutely nothing bad here at all. He was just answering everything honestly.

Is it not one of his better seasons statistically?

turnaround3
03-30-2011, 10:08 PM
The hate for LeBron astounds me. Some of you guys really need to get a life you and stop hating on EVERYTHING LeBron says.

That man is giving another deserving player his props and you still find ways to spew hatred.

People "spew hatred" against Lebron's props to Rose in the exact same regard he gave them.

"It's nice to hear Lebron say this, but I still consider him to be a douche."

is right on par with

"I think Derrick Rose is leading the MVP race, but by the way statistically, incase you haven't noticed, I'm having the best year of my career. Ya know, just sayin."

ldawg
03-30-2011, 10:10 PM
He is so easy to hate right now.

gotoHcarolina52
03-30-2011, 10:15 PM
LeBron's giving Rose praise because he knows that, while the regular season MVP award is nice to have, he has his sights on the Finals and the Finals MVP. LeBron is way above all this petty MVP talk.

Cano4prez
03-30-2011, 10:16 PM
People "spew hatred" against Lebron's props to Rose in the exact same regard he gave them.

is right on par with

"I think Derrick Rose is leading the MVP race, but by the way statistically, incase you haven't noticed, I'm having the best year of my career. Ya know, just sayin."

He was asked if he thought he could win this year, so he responded with that.

omgz what a ****in douche lebrick suck :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Swashcuff
03-30-2011, 10:16 PM

is right on par with

No matter what LeBron said bro posters are going hate regardless.

"Right now, statistically, it's probably one of the best years I've had," James said. "But we'll see.

You basically prove by what you said that people are going to hate regardless. LeBron knows that the only case he has against Rose is stats. He was asked and he replied, you read something TOTALLY different.

You guys really know how to dislike a person to no reason bro.

Swashcuff
03-30-2011, 10:17 PM
He was asked if he thought he could win this year, so he responded with that.

omgz what a ****in douche lebrick suck :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

LeBron didn't even say that. He paraphrased in a way in which may justify unwarranted hate towards a player.

Geargo Wallace
03-30-2011, 10:18 PM
LeBron is still a douche he just acknowledge another player as mvp

-psd bulls fan

Easy there Pittbull.

I don't think anyone should take what LeBron said as an endorsement to why Rose should win MVP. LeBron was correct in saying that the media has already chosen Rose for MVP though.

stawka
03-30-2011, 10:23 PM
That's when you know you're on a **** forum. When the best player in the world compliments another player and believes another player deserves an MVP award, yet he STILL gets scrutinized for it. Only on PSD

turnaround3
03-30-2011, 10:23 PM
I'll be the first to admit my distaste for Lebron, I have no problem acknowledging it whatsoever. Didn't like him at all before last summer, can't stand him now.

To whoever said he's "above all the petty MVP talk", I'm not sure who you're trying to convince. I can only assume yourself.

godolphins
03-30-2011, 10:25 PM
To the haters: Why hate? Jealousy or anger?

DaBear
03-30-2011, 10:26 PM
So LeBron speaks the truth, and now everyone claims he's a good guy? If another player said Rose deserves MVP, no one cares. Now that LeBron says it in the media, he's a classy guy now?

LeBron is still a douche. I'm not buying his *** kissing. In fact, I bet he walked away and thought "**** that, I should be MVP." Self-centered A-hole.

Swashcuff
03-30-2011, 10:27 PM
IF LeBron went to the Bulls and they were playing fantastic Bulls fans would NEVER hate. Same as if he went to the Knicks and the Knicks fans. It amazes me how Bulls and especially Knicks fans lobbied for LeBron and as soon as he chose the Heat all the sigs and avatar's came down and the hate began.

DaBear
03-30-2011, 10:29 PM
IF LeBron went to the Bulls and they were playing fantastic Bulls fans would NEVER hate. Same as if he went to the Knicks and the Knicks fans. It amazes me how Bulls and especially Knicks fans lobbied for LeBron and as soon as he chose the Heat all the sigs and avatar's came down and the hate began.

And if LeBron didn't go to Miami, Miami fans would be talking **** about him. Goes both ways.

godolphins
03-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I'll be the first to admit my distaste for Lebron, I have no problem acknowledging it whatsoever. Didn't like him at all before last summer, can't stand him now.

To whoever said he's "above all the petty MVP talk", I'm not sure who you're trying to convince. I can only assume yourself.

Why hate on someone you don't even know? That's silly

championships
03-30-2011, 10:32 PM
I don't why people are so surprised that people do not like Lebron. He brought it on with his arrogant presona. He is unlikeable to alot of people because of his antics. Self proclaimed King, Chosen one Tat, antics before the game with the Cavs, ect ect. So many reasons to not like the guy. he puts on a "look at me' show everywhere he goes.

Its been said so many times, People aren't mad he left(Except Cav fans) people don't like he had to make a T.V. special out of it. The Heat org. didn't help with their big *** ordeal to show off their players.

Bron fans don't help either. Calling him the GOAT already and putting him upon a pedestal before he has even fulfill the promises he always makes, To win multiple chips.

godolphins
03-30-2011, 10:32 PM
And if LeBron didn't go to Miami, Miami fans would be talking **** about him. Goes both ways.

Too bad you can't prove that and you're just assuming

DaBear
03-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Why hate on someone you don't even know? That's silly

Is this a joke? Unless you're naive, everyone knows LeBron is really a douche bag. You don't need to be his friend to know that.

DaBear
03-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Too bad you can't prove that and you're just assuming

:facepalm:

So naive...

BcEuAbRsS
03-30-2011, 10:34 PM
To the haters: Why hate? Jealousy or anger?

Prolly a bit of both...

godolphins
03-30-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't why people are so surprised that people do not like Lebron. He brought it on with his arrogant presona. He is unlikeable to alot of people because of his antics. Self proclaimed King, Chosen one Tat, antics before the game with the Cavs, ect ect. So many reasons to not like the guy. he puts on a "look at me' show everywhere he goes.

Its been said so many times, People aren't mad he left(Except Cav fans) people don't like he had to make a T.V. special out of it. The Heat org. didn't help with their big *** ordeal to show off their players.

Bron fans don't help either. Calling him the GOAT already and putting him upon a pedestal before he has even fulfill the promises he always makes, To win multiple chips.

If Lebron went to the Knicks he would never get this kind of hate

marlinsfan24
03-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Derrick Rose disrespected the award and every winner of the award by saying that he's not concerned about it.

See, I can pull **** out of an article and make a person look like an ***.

godolphins
03-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Is this a joke? Unless you're naive, everyone knows LeBron is really a douche bag. You don't need to be his friend to know that.
You're just going by what the media put out and what you see on TV

Ray_R
03-30-2011, 10:38 PM

I honestly believed no matter where he went not named cleveland the hate was going to be there.

Fnom11
I wanted Wade MVP but yeah

Swashcuff

Goes all ways. Why be bitter and hate the player because he didn't chose to play for your favourite team?

The Flash
03-30-2011, 10:39 PM

Yeah Heat fans are the ones with the HATE SIGS

Swashcuff
03-30-2011, 10:40 PM

I am not a fan but I respect the man as a fan of the game.

Could you PLEASE give me one instance where a LeBron fan called him the GOAT.

Again you guys keep spewing your nonsense its distasteful to be honest.

It really proves that LeBron is not the only douche out here.

godolphins
03-30-2011, 10:40 PM

So naive...
It seem like you have a grudge against someone who you probably never even met

gotoHcarolina52
03-30-2011, 10:41 PM

All these Bulls fans and Rose slurpers who think Rose is far and away the only choice for MVP are as delusional as Gaddafi thinking the Libyan people truly love him and want him to stay. Rose is in the running, no doubt. But he's not the clear choice. LeBron and Howard both have very strong cases. LeBron has the best stats, Rose is the best player on his team (a very, very good team), and Dwight is a beast.

I say it's (1) LeBron, (2) Rose, (3) Howard.

godolphins
03-30-2011, 10:43 PM
I honestly believed no matter where he went not named cleveland the hate was going to be there.

The media would love him and since the media and people wouldn't hate him as much as they do now

Hiphopopotamus
03-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Derrick Rose disrespected the award and every winner of the award by saying that he's not concerned about it.

See, I can pull **** out of an article and make a person look like an ***.

Fail. That makes Rose look awesome. He doesn't care about all this b.s. he cares about w's.

SteBO

There really isn't any point of trying to convince these guys. They already have their minds set on hating on LeBron for everything he says good or bad. It's reality man, I've accepted it. As long as they give him props if/when he succeeds at winning a championship, I'm cool.

championships

I think he still would have, No matter where he went.

Hiphopopotamus
03-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Multiple people have said in this thread "well that's PSD for you" or something of that nature. If everyone here is so stupid, then go post somewhere else.

marlinsfan24
All these Bulls fans and Rose slurpers who think Rose is far and away the only choice for MVP are as delusional as Gaddafi thinking the Libyan people truly love him and want him to stay. Rose is in the running, no doubt. But he's not the clear choice. LeBron and Howard both have very strong cases. LeBron has the best stats, Rose is the best player on his team (a very, very good team), and Dwight is a beast.

I agree with everything in this post except that I have Rose first followed by Howard, then Dirk, and then Lebron.

SteBO
Fail. That makes Rose look awesome. He doesn't care about all this b.s. he cares about w's.
Yeah, but if LeBron said that, you'd be all over him, hating. WHy the double-standard? :shrug:

metsfan4ever
s much as I'd like to appreciate LBJ's "humility", I think the last two paragraphs of the article really overshadow the rest of it. He wraps everything up by saying that he still thinks he'd deserve the award if he got it. He doesn't think he will because the media really controls the thing, and the main reason Rose would get it is because of all of his media attention. He just can't say, "Rose is having a better MVP season" and be done with it.

marlinsfan24
03-30-2011, 10:46 PM

I didn't include the wins part. I don't think you caught that. I was doing what the other posters on here do, take snip bit of what a player says, and then twist it negatively.

Hiphopopotamus
03-30-2011, 10:47 PM
I think he still would have, No matter where he went.

Agreed. It's not that he went to the Heat, it is how he went.

Hiphopopotamus
03-30-2011, 10:48 PM
I didn't include the wins part. I don't think you caught that. I was doing what the other posters on here do, take snip bit of what a player says, and then twist it negatively.

I see that now. Sorry.

Hiphopopotamus
03-30-2011, 10:50 PM
s much as I'd like to appreciate LBJ's "humility", I think the last two paragraphs of the article really overshadow the rest of it. He wraps everything up by saying that he still thinks he'd deserve the award if he got it. He doesn't think he will because the media really controls the thing, and the main reason Rose would get it is because of all of his media attention. He just can't say, "Rose is having a better MVP season" and be done with it.

Well played sir, and you are correct

marlinsfan24
03-30-2011, 10:53 PM

Of course you leave out the part where he says Dirk was deserving to before being hurt and then this comment about Rose
"He's playing some unbelievable basketball." That comments made right after he talks about the media.

Cano4prez
03-30-2011, 10:53 PM

He was responding to a question asking him if he thought he could win it this year.

Jesus.

championships
03-30-2011, 10:56 PM

It has been said in Bron threads quite a few times. I don't want beat a dead horse here and go back into the Archives to find it just for you.

SoxBearsBulls!
03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
LeBron's giving Rose praise because he knows that, while the regular season MVP award is nice to have, he has his sights on the Finals and the Finals MVP. LeBron is way above all this petty MVP talk.

Your sig looks pretty lame right now that your King endorsed Rose...shhhhhhh

metsfan4ever
03-30-2011, 11:06 PM
all bron said was rose deserves it even if hes having one of the best years in his career statistically, but the media controls and since i moved to mia and the media dont like me except for espn, i wont win.

marlinsfan24
03-30-2011, 11:08 PM
all bron said was rose deserves it even if hes having one of the best years in his career statistically, but the media controls and since i moved to mia and the media dont like me except for espn, i wont win.

I didn't see that in the article? Were you in the room interviewing him to have this knowledge? Or do you work inside Lebron's mind?

gotoHcarolina52
03-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Your sig looks pretty lame right now that your King endorsed Rose...shhhhhhh

Endorsed? AHAHAHAHA. LeBron outed the media machine that has been slurping on Rose's pee pee for a while now. You have failed. Massively.

http://i36.tinypic.com/14wku0.jpg

Swashcuff
03-30-2011, 11:10 PM
It has been said in Bron threads quite a few times. I don't want beat a dead horse here and go back into the Archives to find it just for you.

No it hasn't you are lying. On no instance have I ever seen anyone say LeBron is the GOAT. NEVER and as you can see I spend quite some time in these "LeBron" threads.

SoxBearsBulls!
03-30-2011, 11:15 PM
"THE RATIONAL REACTION TO THE ROSE FOR MVP TALK" with a pic of the Big 3 laughing it up= FAIL

TylerSL
03-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Rose should be the MVP... The Bulls are probably going to win 60 games this season BECAUSE of Rose. Without him, Bulls are probably a 45 win team AT BEST. Rose is MVP.

gotoHcarolina52
03-30-2011, 11:19 PM
"THE RATIONAL REACTION TO THE ROSE FOR MVP TALK" with a pic of the Big 3 laughing it up= FAIL

^^^^ Was that some more hate? http://i54.tinypic.com/e9691h.gif

SoxBearsBulls!
03-30-2011, 11:25 PM
^^^^ Was that some more hate? http://i54.tinypic.com/e9691h.gif

Nah dude, no hate, just pointing out how lame your sig is when LBJ himself said Rose is a worthy candidate for MVP, that's all.

gotoHcarolina52
03-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Nah dude, no hate, just pointing out how lame your sig is when LBJ himself said Rose is a worthy candidate for MVP, that's all.

My sig doesn't say Rose isn't worthy of being in the MVP conversation, it's simply a critique of the media jumping on Rose's nuts and declaring him the runaway favorite when statistically he is inferior to LeBron and intangibly he is no better.

When the media picks favorites at the expense of truth and rationality, all you can do is laugh. And that's exactly what Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are doing.

theheatles
03-30-2011, 11:31 PM
My sig doesn't say Rose isn't worthy of being in the MVP conversation, it's simply a critique of the media jumping on Rose's nuts and declaring him the runaway favorite when statistically he is inferior to LeBron and intangibly he is no better.

When the media picks favorites at the expense of truth and rationality, all you can do is laugh. And that's exactly what Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are doing.

:clap:

Swashcuff
03-30-2011, 11:35 PM

Rose is most deserving of the MVP this season. Case CLOSED!!!

LeBron didn't win in previous seasons because of his stats he won because of his value to his team winning and his IMPACT. If stats determined MVP then MJ would have much more than 5.

SoxBearsBulls!
03-30-2011, 11:36 PM

Well, again it comes down to what you consider what the MVP award is for, if it's best player for what you obviously are arguing (I never said Rose is a better player than LBJ, he isn't), then MJ should have had more than 5, really, who was better than MJ from at least 1985 to 1993 and then 1995 to 1998?He posted the best stats yet other players won.

ravistarr
03-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Rose should be the MVP... The Bulls are probably going to win 60 games this season BECAUSE of Rose. Without him, Bulls are probably a 45 win team AT BEST. Rose is MVP.

Wait, wait, wait. Can someone please take a snapshot of this? We need to save this for posterity to see.

TylerSL, you are one of an endangered species, heatfantusrationalus

Marlin, you are clearly related to this species but you don't share the exact same genetic material

SoxBearsBulls!
03-30-2011, 11:38 PM

LeBron didn't win in previous seasons because of his stats he won because of his value to his team winning and his IMPACT. If stats determined MVP then MJ would have much more than 5.

Thank you!:clap:

swirl54
03-30-2011, 11:39 PM

Intangibly no better? His intangibles are why he's better than LeBron.

SoxBearsBulls!
03-30-2011, 11:40 PM
wait, wait, wait. Can someone please take a snapshot of this? We need to save this for posterity to see.

Tylersl, you are one of an endangered species, heatfantusrationalus

marlin, you are clearly related to this species but you don't share the exact same genetic material
lol

Swashcuff
03-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Intangibly no better? His intangibles are why he's better than LeBron.

Could you for a moment explain to us what you understand intangibles in basketball to be.

gotoHcarolina52
03-30-2011, 11:52 PM

Impact? You want to talk about impact? Well, let's look at two telling statistics, Value Added and Estimated Wins Added.

Value Added, which is an estimate of the number of points a player adds to a team’s season total above what a 'replacement player' (for instance, the 12th man on the roster) would produce. Value Added = ([Minutes * (PER - PRL)] / 67). PRL (Position Replacement Level) = 11.5 for power forwards, 11.0 for point guards, 10.6 for centers, 10.5 for shooting guards and small forwards

Value Added
LeBron = 683.2
Rose = 498.7

Next, lets look at Estimated Wins Added

Estimated Wins Added - Value Added divided by 30, giving the estimated number of wins a player adds to a team’s season total above what a 'replacement player' would produce.

Estimated Wins Added
LeBron = 22.8
Rose = 16.6

In terms of impact, then, LeBron is still >>>>>> Rose.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-30-2011, 11:54 PM
^^Another classic example of how "STATS" are overrated.

Bulls are on top of the East. Rose's stats are good enough to indicate he's the reason why they are. Case closed.

gotoHcarolina52
03-30-2011, 11:56 PM
^^Another classic example of how "STATS" are overrated.

Bulls are on top of the East. Rose's stats are good enough to indicate he's the reason why they are. Case closed.

Would you like to replace Rose with LeBron and see how that works out for you? Would you fall to third in the East, then?

Swashcuff
03-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Impact? You want to talk about impact? Well, let's look at two telling statistics, Value Added and Estimated Wins Added.

Value Added
LeBron = 683.2
Rose = 498.7

Next, lets look at Estimated Wins Added

Estimated Wins Added
LeBron = 22.8
Rose = 16.6

In terms of impact, then, LeBron is still >>>>>> Rose.

You can give me all the advanced stats you want, impact is not measured in stats it is measured on the basketball floor.

Could you please give me a statistic that measure Dwight Howard's impact on a basketball game.

You know nothing about stats if you think EWA and VA measure impact. They measure production which no one beats LeBron in.

Please understand these statistics before involving yourself in a statistical debate. There is no stat that can measure impact sir. NONE.

LeBron is indeed better than Rose but he is NOT more deserving of the MVP award.

madmoochie
03-30-2011, 11:58 PM

-psd bulls fan

lol:clap:

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Would you like to replace Rose with LeBron and see how that works out for you? Would you fall to third in the East, then?

You can facepalm all you want. When people decide who the MVP of a season is, they don't play the "WHAT IF" game that is thrown around like a hooker here on PSD. Yes the Bulls would probably be better, they also might not be, point is, none of that matters because you can only look at reality and what has already transpired. For that reason, Rose will be this seasons MVP.

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 12:01 AM
. Please understand these statistics before involving yourself in a statistical debate. There is no stat that can measure impact sir. NONE.

So, let me guess, impact is defined by the "eye test," right? You know it when you see it? Right? And how on earth are you able to "see" impact through those thick-as-mollasses Rose-colored goggles?

Homer 101: how to see what you want and ignore what you don't want to hear

Bruno
03-31-2011, 12:01 AM
LOL, I knew this thread would get tons of action. Doesn't anybody like college basketball?!
McDonals All-American game??

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606270
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606403

Come visit the college basketball forum. Final Four!!

Jonathan2323
03-31-2011, 12:04 AM
Wait... Did a Bulls fan just say Rose is better than LeBron? LeBron does everything better than Rose on a basketball court. Rose isn't close to being the basketball player LeBron is. Intangible? what intangibles are you talking about? the kid isn't a vocal leader either and has the most shot attemps in the league. He's actually shooting a lower percentage this year.

If the Bulls were in 3rd place he wouldn't win the award. Not that I care who wins the award, I just think Rose is being overrated and his teammates and coach have as much to do with him being in 1st. Last year they were 42-42, Rose hasn't improved that much to add another 18 wins to their record.

ravistarr
03-31-2011, 12:04 AM
LOL, I knew this thread would get tons of action. Doesn't anybody like college basketball?!

The answer from my end is no, dude. I can't wait for this madness to end so we can get back to the real man's game - the stuff of the NBA playoffs

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 12:07 AM
So, let me guess, impact is defined by the "eye test," right? You know it when you see it? Right? And how on earth are you able to "see" impact through those thick-as-mollasses Rose-colored goggles?

Homer 101: how to see what you want and ignore what you don't want to hear

Please explain to me how exactly you measure impact in stats.

PLEASE explain that.

Tell me how Dwight Howard presence in the paint is measured in stats.

You need to understand basketball if you are going to engage in an argument such as this.

You think I am a Rose fan?

I have defended LeBron MORE than you in THIS thread so STFU with calling me a Rose fan. I recognize quality when I see it and so does LEBRON which is why HE thinks Rose should be the MVP and NOT him.

Anyone who has ever walked on a basketball court knows that the impact a player has on a game does NOT show up in the box score. So how on EARTH could you tell me that LeBron's impact is shown only through his stats.

marlinsfan24
03-31-2011, 12:08 AM

PLEASE explain that.

You need to understand basketball if you are going to engage in an argument such as this.

I have defended LeBron MORE than you in THIS thread so STFU with calling me a Rose fan. I recognize quality when I see it and so does LEBRON which is why HE thinks Rose should be the MVP and NOT him.

Anyone who has ever walked on a basketball court knows that the impact a player has on a game does NOT show up in the box score. So how on EARTH could you tell me that LeBron's impact is shown only through his stats.

100% agreed with this post.

Bruno
03-31-2011, 12:09 AM
The answer from my end is no, dude. I can't wait for this madness to end so we can get back to the real man's game - the stuff of the NBA playoffs

Yeah, I understand it. I use to never give college ball the time of day. But the tournament (especially this stage of the tournament, FF) beats regular season NBA 9/10 times.

But yes, nothing tops playoff NBA basketball :D

championships
03-31-2011, 12:09 AM

We have one of those here...lol Who would of thought with this being PRO sports daily. I don't really follow college until the final four to tell you the truth.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-31-2011, 12:10 AM
Wait... Did a Bulls fan just say Rose is better than LeBron? LeBron does everything better than Rose on a basketball court. Rose isn't close to being the basketball player LeBron is. Intangible? what intangibles are you talking about? the kid isn't a vocal leader either and has the most shot attemps in the league. He's actually shooting a lower percentage this year.

If the Bulls were in 3rd place he wouldn't win the award. Not that I care who wins the award, I just think Rose is being overrated and his teammates and coach have as much to do with him being in 1st. Last year they were 42-42, Rose hasn't improved that much to add another 18 wins to their record.

Don't say **** if you don't know anything. How many Bulls games have you seen this year? I've watched every single one, theres nothing that suggested that Rose isn't the leader of this team. He might not talk a lot off the court, but all his teammates will tell you he leads by example.

And no one said Rose is better than Lebron. Stop making **** up and trying to make us look stupid.

DaBear
03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah Heat fans are the ones with the HATE SIGS

Or maybe it has significance to my team owning his team this year? :shrug:

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 12:13 AM

PLEASE explain that.

I don't care for nebulous, poorly-defined, bias-laden concepts. You brought that into the discussion. I kept the debate grounded in attributes than have some semblance of a definition--those that we can at least attempt measure.

If impact--however that is defined--is what determines the MVP, then how the heck did Shaq only win it once (2000)? Are you going to tell me that Shaq's "presence in the paint" did not have the greatest "impact" on the game out of any player back in his prime? And if Dwight Howard is the quintessential "impact player," then why wont he win the MVP this year?

championships
03-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Mods are watching. Hurry up and get in your shots before close...lol

Bulls and Heat fans can go on all day about this.

DaBear
03-31-2011, 12:16 AM

Like I said earlier, LeBron is just kissing *** in headlines. We all know that's not what he really believes, and by opening his mouth further he proved that. He's a little *****. Miami fans will call me a hater, but if some of them weren't such homers they would probably see this back-handed compliment.

marlinsfan24
03-31-2011, 12:18 AM
Like I said earlier, LeBron is just kissing *** in headlines. We all know that's not what he really believes, and by opening his mouth further he proved that. He's a little *****. Miami fans will call me a hater, but if some of them weren't such homers they would probably see this back-handed compliment.

I guess I am not part of that brilliant group that can now read Lebron's mind and know exactly what he is doing. What time does he plan on taking a dump tomorrow?

ravistarr
03-31-2011, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I understand it. I use to never give college ball the time of day. But the tournament (especially this stage of the tournament, FF) beats regular season NBA 9/10 times.

But yes, nothing tops playoff NBA basketball :D

Yeah, I actually agree with you. True.

DaBear
03-31-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't care for nebulous, poorly-defined, bias-laden concepts. You brought that into the discussion. I kept the debate grounded in attributes than have some semblance of a definition--those that we can at least attempt measure.

If impact--however that is defined--is what determines the MVP, then how the heck did Shaq only win it once (2000)? Are you going to tell me that Shaq's "presence in the paint" did not have the greatest "impact" on the game out of any player back in his prime? And if Dwight Howard is the quintessential "impact player," then why wont he win the MVP this year?

It's simple. If you took Shaq off that team, they would still be good because they had Kobe. If you took Iverson off the Sixers, they wouldn't sniff a top 4 seed. I know you're going to say Howard should get MVP because of that. However, his team is not a top 3 seed and they've essentially had a down year in comparison to previous years. Therefore, he doesn't deserve it.

Bruno
03-31-2011, 12:19 AM
We have one of those here...lol Who would of thought with this being PRO sports daily. I don't really follow college until the final four to tell you the truth.

:laugh2: That's why I'm trying to advertise for it; I think a lot of posters don't know it exists. PRO SPORTS daily yes, but we also have music, entertainment, religion & politics, and college level forums.

DaBear
03-31-2011, 12:20 AM
I guess I am not part of that brilliant group that can now read Lebron's mind and know exactly what he is doing. What time does he plan on taking a dump tomorrow?

Someone's not really bright. Maybe you didn't catch the post I quoted by coming to that point? Hint: Read what he says about himself.

marlinsfan24
03-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Someone's not really bright. Maybe you didn't catch the post I quoted by coming to that point? Hint: Read what he says about himself.

I did read that and you're just taking his words out of context. :facepalm:

DaBear
03-31-2011, 12:23 AM
I did read that and you're just taking his words out of context. :facepalm:

And we went to war in Iraq just to free the Iraqis. Smh

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 12:24 AM

If impact--however that is defined--is what determines the MVP, then how the heck did Shaq only win it once (2000)? Are you going to tell me that Shaq's "presence in the paint" did not have the greatest impact the game out of any player back in his prime? And if Dwight Howard is the quintessential "impact player," then why wont he win the MVP this year?

Prior to that season how many of Shaq's teams were the among the top 3 ranked in the league? I can answer that twice and first one of those season's MJ's bulls won 72.

Where is Orlando ranked this season?

Shaq also played alongside a fellow top 10 player in the league in his better days. It also didn't help Shaq with that fact that he started missing 15 games a season.

Where are the Bulls ranked? Where are LeBron's Heat ranked?

Dude please if you don't understand basketball and wanna keep your closed minded viewpoint that your player is most valuable then go right ahead. LeBron is certainly the better player Rose has been the most valuable to his team's performance. End of story.

marlinsfan24
03-31-2011, 12:24 AM
And we went to war in Iraq just to free the Iraqis. Smh

You're so right. Everything everyone says has a hidden message.

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 12:31 AM
It's simple. If you took Shaq off that team, they would still be good because they had Kobe. If you took Iverson off the Sixers, they wouldn't sniff a top 4 seed. I know you're going to say Howard should get MVP because of that. However, his team is not a top 3 seed and they've essentially had a down year in comparison to previous years. Therefore, he doesn't deserve it.

Ok, so the MVP criteria are as follows:

(1) Must not be on a team with a second or third star (additional good players take away from the "value" of the MVP candidate. Doesn't matter if said candidate is having a monstrous statistical season. This is not a "but for" award, it's a "what if" award--doesn't matter if your team currently wouldn't be as good but for X player. All that matters is that the team wouldn't be as good "if" said player got injured)
(2) Must be on a team in the top 3 in its conference (note: record/wins and losses don't matter, only standing vis-a-vis conference opponents counts. You can be a 66 win team, but if the two ahead of you have 67 wins, you're screwed)
(3) Must not have a down year compared to the previous year (this is a lifetime award, not a seasonal one)
(4) Any other criterion that conforms to DaBears1127's view of how the world should be.

Phenomenonsense
03-31-2011, 12:39 AM
Well, Lebron obviously believe he should be MVP, considering his stats are better than Roses and he won the last two years with worse stats. However, It isn't about who is the best player in the league. It's the most valuable player. The difference between Lebron and wade versus Rose and Boozer/Deng/Noah (their second best player) clearly shows who is more valuable to their team. And to be that much more valuable to your team on the 1st seed clearly shows who should be MVP.

DaBear
03-31-2011, 12:40 AM
Ok, so the MVP criteria are as follows:

(1) Must not be on a team with a second or third star (additional good players take away from the "value" of the MVP candidate. Doesn't matter if said candidate is having a monstrous statistical season)
(2) Must be on a team in the top 3 in its conference (note: record/wins and losses don't matter, only standing vis-a-vis conference opponents counts. You can be a 66 win team, but if the two ahead of you have 67 wins, you're screwed)
(3) Must not have a down year compared to the previous year (this is a lifetime award, not a seasonal one)
(4) Any other criterion that conforms to DaBears1127's view of how the world should be.

If you're team isn't that good, then you don't deserve MVP. If we took it in that context, then Kevin Love would be in the discussion. Now how silly would that be?

Being a top 3 team in your conference + having a monstrous season does help your case. In D Howard's case, the team is not performing as well as they were expected to perform. In addition to making trades to improve their team, they haven't improved much as a team.

Dwight Howard has his flaws. He's not much of a post up player, he leads the league in technical fouls (hurts the team), and he's a terrible FT shooter. People always talk about Rose's FG%, but never bring these up for Howard.

If you look at the last 10 or so MVP's, their team was a top 3 seed. So I guess my views are a little more valid than you think.

DaBear
03-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Well, Lebron obviously believe he should be MVP, considering his stats are better than Roses and he won the last two years with worse stats. However, It isn't about who is the best player in the league. It's the most valuable player. The difference between Lebron and wade versus Rose and Boozer/Deng/Noah (their second best player) clearly shows who is more valuable to their team. And to be that much more valuable to your team on the 1st seed clearly shows who should be MVP.

Thank you for knocking some sense into this thread.

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 12:46 AM
If you're team isn't that good, then you don't deserve MVP. If we took it in that context, then Kevin Love would be in the discussion. Now how silly would that be?

Being a top 3 team in your conference + having a monstrous season does help your case. In D Howard's case, the team is not performing as well as they were expected to perform. In addition to making trades to improve their team, they haven't improved much as a team.

Dwight Howard has his flaws. He's not much of a post up player, he leads the league in technical fouls (hurts the team), and he's a terrible FT shooter. People always talk about Rose's FG%, but never bring these up for Howard.

If you look at the last 10 or so MVP's, their team was a top 3 seed. So I guess my views are a little more valid than you think.

Give Dwight Howard coach Thibs, Chicago's system and a real number two player (Chicago's #4 option is twice as good as Dwight's number two) and this wouldn't even be a discussion. Dwight would have ran away with the award this season.

To the point of not much of a post up player.... you must not have been watching Dwight much this season. He has a very good post game now.

pd1dish
03-31-2011, 12:57 AM
News to me if he came out and said "Rose sucks, I should be leading MVP".

haha yeah

i dont really pay attention to what players, coaches, etc. say because 99% of the time they are just being politically correct. they probably asked Lebron if he agreed with all the people giving Rose MVP and he just responded with the only thing he could say.

smiddy012
03-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Was at a bar in southern florida yesterday, a bunch of senior citizens were making a ruckus over the Miami/Cavs game - to my surprise they were cheering everytime the Cavs upped their lead or Miami faltered... the climax was when the clock struck zero.

So Miami fans, its not just PSD that has it out for Lebron, its pretty much the entire country (bar Miami). You can blame PSD to your hearts content, but its the country as a whole who has a problem with Lebron - not just PSD...

Bruno
03-31-2011, 01:00 AM

Are you saying that his stats this year are better than what he put up during his '09 and '10 campaigns? His PER, TS%, WS, and WS/48 are all down dramatically from his epic '09 and '10 campaigns.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

mttwlsn16
03-31-2011, 01:11 AM
lebron deserves a solid career ending injury...****ing POS

abe_froman
03-31-2011, 01:13 AM
was wondering how this would go over and you guys lived up to everything i expected

DaBear
03-31-2011, 01:25 AM
Give Dwight Howard coach Thibs, Chicago's system and a real number two player (Chicago's #4 option is twice as good as Dwight's number two) and this wouldn't even be a discussion. Dwight would have ran away with the award this season.

To the point of not much of a post up player.... you must not have been watching Dwight much this season. He has a very good post game now.

So now we're playing the woulda, coulda, shoulda game? Maybe he would run away with it the way Rose is running away with it this year. Then if you gave Rose LeBron and Wade, they would be the best team ever. See I can play that game too. BTW, Deng is not twice as better as Orlando's second option. You're just reaching.

His post game is decent. Nothing special.

Hustlenomics
03-31-2011, 01:26 AM

wait are we still being sarcastic? :laugh2:

TylerSL
03-31-2011, 01:27 AM
Wait, wait, wait. Can someone please take a snapshot of this? We need to save this for posterity to see.

TylerSL, you are one of an endangered species, heatfantusrationalus

Marlin, you are clearly related to this species but you don't share the exact same genetic material

lol, I just call them as I see them. MVP by definition means, Most Valueable Player to your teams success and Rose has clearly meant more to the Bulls winning than Lebron has to the Heat winning. I know this by, if the Bulls didnt have Rose where would they be? Not very far. If they Heat didnt have Lebron were would we be? Not near as good, but still a 50 win team easy.

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 01:32 AM
So now we're playing the woulda, coulda, shoulda game? Maybe he would run away with it the way Rose is running away with it this year. Then if you gave Rose LeBron and Wade, they would be the best team ever. See I can play that game too. BTW, Deng is not twice as better as Orlando's second option. You're just reaching.

His post game is decent. Nothing special.

Where on earth do you see me playing woulda coulda shoulda I am stating facts. As good as Howard is he alone isn't making the Magic any better than they already are. Rose has been AMAZING and deserves the award ahead of Howard but don't discredit the value of the help (Brewer, Deng, Thomas, Noah and Boozer) that he has received. Rose has benefited from players who can pick up the slack if his game isn't at its best. When Howard isn't at his best the Magic lose more times than not.

You OBVIOUSLY have not seen Dwight play much this season. He has shown the best post game of any C in the NBA this season. He is MUCH improved in that aspect.

TylerSL
03-31-2011, 01:34 AM

dont say stupid **** like this......... Lebron is still the best player in the NBA, Rose is the MVP tho. What he did (leaving Cleveland) happened over 8 months ago, its time to get passed it and stop with all the stupid blind hate.....

JiffyMix88
03-31-2011, 01:34 AM
lol, I just call them as I see them. MVP by definition means, Most Valueable Player to your teams success and Rose has clearly meant more to the Bulls winning than Lebron has to the Heat winning. I know this by, if the Bulls didnt have Rose where would they be? Not very far. If they Heat didnt have Lebron were would we be? Not near as good, but still a 50 win team easy.

I agree Wade has lead some terrible teams the last two seasons to 5 seeds

I could care less who wins it right now Rose, Howard, LeBron, and the Spurs starting 5 all deserve the MVP

DaBear
03-31-2011, 01:43 AM
Where on earth do you see me playing woulda coulda shoulda I am stating facts. As good as Howard is he alone isn't making the Magic any better than they already are. Rose has been AMAZING and deserves the award ahead of Howard but don't discredit the value of the help (Brewer, Deng, Thomas, Noah and Boozer) that he has received. Rose has benefited from players who can pick up the slack if his game isn't at its best. When Howard isn't at his best the Magic lose more times than not.

You OBVIOUSLY have not seen Dwight play much this season. He has shown the best post game of any C in the NBA this season. He is MUCH improved in that aspect.

By saying IF you gave Howard Thibs and the Bulls system that he would run away with it. There's no guarantee for that. They would have a better overall defense, but I think their offense would be weaker by having no perimeter players to spread the ball. As far as losing, you could say the same for Rose when he's not at his best. If he's not playing well, then the offense usually stalls.

And having the best post game of any C is not saying much in this weak era of centers. I still think a healthy Oden has a better post game IMO.

xxcubs22xx
03-31-2011, 01:49 AM

Did you know that we are working with Al-Qaeda to overthrow Gaddafi? The oil-hungry oligarchs have simply created another problem-reaction-solution but this time in Libya, to seize Africa's most valuable country. Kennedy was assassinated because he didn't want to execute operation northwoods, which was a document offering a chance to stage airborne terror attacks in order to justify invasion of Cuba. CIA, my friend.

Look, many Bulls fans know that they are beasting. But Rose's impact has been relatively more superior then them because we are atop the east, and of Rose's play.

TylerSL
03-31-2011, 01:58 AM
I agree Wade has lead some terrible teams the last two seasons to 5 seeds

I could care less who wins it right now Rose, Howard, LeBron, and the Spurs starting 5 all deserve the MVP

exactly that is exactly why he is my favorite player ever!!!!! He is the man and is easily best Player in Heat history!

But yea, if Lebron or Howard or the Spurs team (lol) were to win the MVP, they would deserve it as well.

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 02:00 AM
By saying IF you gave Howard Thibs and the Bulls system that he would run away with it. There's no guarantee for that. They would have a better overall defense, but I think their offense would be weaker by having no perimeter players to spread the ball. As far as losing, you could say the same for Rose when he's not at his best. If he's not playing well, then the offense usually stalls.

And having the best post game of any C is not saying much in this weak era of centers. I still think a healthy Oden has a better post game IMO.

The point it Rose benefits from MUCH more than Howard has. Is that true or not? Rose still has players to pick up the slack for him when he's down, even when the Bulls offense isn't clicking because their offensive engine isn't getting the job done their D still keeps them in the game. When Howard's out of the game for long periods of time or isn't producing the Magic look like a team that has no business being considered among the NBA's best.

Andrew Bynum is the best post C in the NBA. However he hasn't showed that in his time on the floor this season however. If healthy Yao is better than them all. Howard has displayed a jump hook(much evolved from his ineffective running hook), an up and under move, great foot work inside and a soft touch. His speed and strength has made life easier for him as he has developed his post ability. He is right now the best post C in the entire NBA and thought not great in that aspect he has become very very good.

TheRunKiller
03-31-2011, 02:03 AM
Dwight still deserves it.

maybe if his team had a better record a #4 seed aint gonna do it

JiffyMix88
03-31-2011, 02:07 AM
exactly that is exactly why he is my favorite player ever!!!!! He is the man and is easily best Player in Heat history!

But yea, if Lebron or Howard or the Spurs team (lol) were to win the MVP, they would deserve it as well.

He used to be my favorite too until Rose last season really made me fall in love....

and like they say "if your gay its not cool unless its for rose, then its ok"

TylerSL
03-31-2011, 10:48 AM
He used to be my favorite too until Rose last season really made me fall in love....

and like they say "if your gay its not cool unless its for Rose or Wade, then its ok"

fixed :D

pentel1980
03-31-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm not a fan of LBJ nor in the whole "Decision," but all this LBJ back-and-forth bickering is a bit much. Those who hate him and/or what he stands for, stand in your camp; and those that love him, stand in your camp. In opposite corners of the room. We all should be in time out.

Now, depending which camp you chose to lay with, you may talk amongst yourselves about either chopping off his nuts or hugging on them (depending which side you chose). No need to have this continued cross fire back and forth...still 9 months later. Yeesh.

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm not a fan of LBJ nor in the whole "Decision," but all this LBJ back-and-forth bickering is a bit much. Those who hate him and/or what he stands for, stand in your camp; and those that love him, stand in your camp. In opposite corners of the room. We all should be in time out.

Now, depending which camp you chose to lay with, you may talk amongst yourselves about either chopping off his nuts or hugging on them (depending which side you chose). No need to have this continued cross fire back and forth...still 9 months later. Yeesh.

I understand your point, but this is--allegedly, at least--a place that facilitates the dissemination and debating of varying viewpoints. If you don't want to see all this bickering, you would be well served by avoiding the threads that lead to all the bickering, which probably account for more than half of all threads/posts on this site.

In theory, I agree with you. Let's avoid talking over one another. But in practice, we all know there are way too many children/unreasonable people on this site to achieve such an end.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
I love this sig above...

LBJ had his rational reaction to the D. Rose conversation, and he said nobody in the league deserves it more.

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 12:42 PM
I love this sig above...

LBJ had his rational reaction to the D. Rose conversation, and he said nobody in the league deserves it more.

He'll be laughing all the way to the Finals.

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 12:44 PM
And that's because he'll be laughing all the way to the Finals.

I await your response to post #128 of this thread.

SchyGuy11
03-31-2011, 12:47 PM
still hate him

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 01:05 PM
I await your response to post #128 of this thread.

Post #128 is unmeritorious. If you need further, more explicit delineation, I will gladly explicate upon request.

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Post #128 is unmeritorious. If you need further, more explicit delineation, I will gladly explicate upon request.

Spoken like someone who can't hold their own in an NBA discussion. :up::up:

Congrats!

Sixerlover
03-31-2011, 01:19 PM
I see nothing wrong with this, but it's weird because I think LeBron is the MVP again. But of course everything turns into a LeBron Sucks thread when referencing the Heat.

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Spoken like someone who can't hold their own in an NBA discussion. :up::up:

Congrats!

Post #160 is similarly without merit.

ChitownSports16
03-31-2011, 01:33 PM

My man, you have jinxed your team.:clap:

Im saving this.

jmcelligott92
03-31-2011, 01:34 PM
We get you can use a thesaurus.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-31-2011, 01:43 PM

He probably will be laughing, because, as everyone found out last year in Cleveland...LeBron does not care if he wins playoff series. He'll laugh win or not.

marcanthony01
03-31-2011, 02:00 PM

This sums it up Perfectly :clap:

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Post #160 is similarly without merit.

When you are ready to be mature and have an NBA discussion let me know.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 02:13 PM
I wonder if rose is gonna be forced to text james again, "I just want to win" or maybe the thing everyone ripped him for "why cant I be mvp" http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/09/derrick-rose-why-cant-i-be-mvp/ just read those comments, noone believed in this kid, he said what he was gonna do though, as the big 3 were celebrating the 2011 championship he was working on his game,with westbrook, and kevin love (3 most improved this year?) in a high school gym in cali, all the talent in the world, if lebron had the motivation of those 3 he would be the best ever.
Lebron is still the best, but when do you see rose, bump a coach, call out a teammate,cry, etc? When a game is on the line he is not hogging the ball for selfish reason, he just wants to win, he honestly does not want to put the load on his guys, he will sacrifice his body, for a foul, and carry the load on his back, he doesnt bail out on shots at the end of a clock to help his #s, he simply wants to win and is willing to put in the work

Lolwut?
03-31-2011, 02:21 PM
I wonder if rose is gonna be forced to text james again, "I just want to win" or maybe the thing everyone ripped him for "why cant I be mvp" http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/09/derrick-rose-why-cant-i-be-mvp/ just read those comments, noone believed in this kid, he said what he was gonna do though, as the big 3 were celebrating the 2011 championship he was working on his game,with westbrook, and kevin love (3 most improved this year?) in a high school gym in cali, all the talent in the world, if lebron had the motivation of those 3 he would be the best ever.
Lebron is still the best, but when do you see rose, bump a coach, call out a teammate,cry, etc? When a game is on the line he is not hogging the ball for selfish reason, he just wants to win, he honestly does not want to put the load on his guys, he will sacrifice his body, for a foul, and carry the load on his back, he doesnt bail out on shots at the end of a clock to help his #s, he simply wants to win and is willing to put in the work

most of what your saying is subjective.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 02:24 PM

sorry i thought this was a forum

MassoDio
03-31-2011, 02:35 PM

Online sports forum = place to type and discuss opinions and subjective material. Kind of the entire point of the site. Thanks for joining and participating. :)

Lolwut?
03-31-2011, 02:42 PM
sorry i thought this was a forum

your opinion is ****ed then.. questioning lebrons motivation to be great just to build on your derrick rose agenda..

chitown815
03-31-2011, 02:50 PM
your opinion is ****ed then.. questioning lebrons motivation to be great just to build on your derrick rose agenda..

When you are motivated to win do you train your *** off, or delay free agency process when you know where you are going, hold championship rallys when you dont have a ring, Would Kobe hold that kind of rally? I dont think so, I think he is motivated to be the best and it shows, his hand is alot heavier than Lebrons will ever be, without a "big 3" I remember when it was all because Shaq, Shaq left and Kobe worked harder, and harder.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 02:53 PM
This is not a Rose agenda, Dwight, Kobe etc are all equally dedicated and put in the work

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
He probably will be laughing, because, as everyone found out last year in Cleveland...LeBron does not care if he wins playoff series. He'll laugh win or not.

Probably. Although he looks more focused this year than last. No dancing, no fooling around. He looks pissed.

Lolwut?
03-31-2011, 02:59 PM
When you are motivated to win do you train your *** off, or delay free agency process when you know where you are going, hold championship rallys when you dont have a ring, Would Kobe hold that kind of rally? I dont think so, I think he is motivated to be the best and it shows, his hand is alot heavier than Lebrons will ever be, without a "big 3" I remember when it was all because Shaq, Shaq left and Kobe worked harder, and harder.

you really don't know what lebron has been doing over the past 7 summers in the league including this past summer he probably was training like all athletes do over the summer.... it's not like rose trained every minute of the summer like he's vageta in the hyperbolic chamber trying to become a super saiyan.

and holding up the free agency process ? july 1st was when teams could start talking to FA's and he decided on July 8th.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Lebron has been seen in clubs more than gyms.... it is a known fact
and if his head was in the right place, why does he tank in the playoffs year after year? and had to run for some help, and when the Cavs were beating the hell out of the Heat, and the Heat came back for a few wasnt that wade doing that? and why? because Lebron had too much pressure because his Friends couldnt come with him into arena, and coming back to cleveland

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 03:08 PM

Dude c'mon you don't get as good as LeBron James has without putting work in. No amount of talent in the world can take you as far as LeBron.

Lolwut?
03-31-2011, 03:17 PM
and if his head was in the right place, why does he tank in the playoffs year after year? and had to run for some help, and when the Cavs were beating the hell out of the Heat, and the Heat came back for a few wasnt that wade doing that? and why? because Lebron had too much pressure because his Friends couldnt come with him into arena, and coming back to cleveland

lebron has done alot in the playoffs Detroit series he was unbelievable past 2 years orlando had alot of mismatch problems for the cavs to overcome and Boston was just better

if lebron didn't work on his game he'd be another athletic freak who never got it together.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Dude c'mon you don't get as good as LeBron James has without putting work in. No amount of talent in the world can take you as far as LeBron.

he has put work into it, but other ppl (rose, kobe) have that killer instict, and only want to win and will put in the extra work, http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/about-last-night/2010/04/sighting-lebron-james-at-cuvee-until-almost-3-am.html <this was not the only time in the series either,

For someone that has never won a ring, why are you in the club all night, and not preparing, gametape, resting etc,

godolphins
03-31-2011, 03:31 PM

And he's still one of the best players in the world

Jewelz0376
03-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Probably. Although he looks more focused this year than last. No dancing, no fooling around. He looks pissed.

Yea cuz Wade and Haslem wouldn't let that crap go down

chitown815
03-31-2011, 03:38 PM
And he's still one of the best players in the world

that cracks under pressure year after year, and IS the best player he just does not want to win as much as he wants to be LEBRON, and there is a lot more value in a team first guy that produces than a player first guy that produces, until it is too hard

Baller1
03-31-2011, 03:40 PM
that cracks under pressure year after year, and IS the best player he just does not want to win as much as he wants to be LEBRON, and there is a lot more value in a team first guy that produces than a player first guy that produces, until it is too hard

Still cracks under pressure? :laugh2:

Where do you people come up with this ****?

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-31-2011, 03:41 PM

He's pissed because he's missed so many big shots this season.

...and lost to Cleveland.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 03:48 PM
When Cleveland got really loud, where was Lebron when they were beating the hell out of the Heat? He couldn't handle it he was "going to the bathroom" during intros, it was hard for him, like a playoff environment, that he has failed at year after year, He still finished with good numbers but when it was getting to hard, where was Lebron? Wade brings them back into game Lebron is back crowd is quiet, uhoh Anthony Parker then made it hard again, Just like the playoffs, it is too hard for Lebron and he cracks, so he ran to wade and said "I need a hug" Wade said it is ok, and they formed the "Big 3" Lebron led the Cavs to a better record last year in fact, but when it got too hard where was Lebron?

The BodyGuard °
03-31-2011, 03:48 PM
James- " We will win 7 championship < D.Rose deserves the MVP"

Well at least he's right about 1 thing

D Roses Bulls
03-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Still cracks under pressure? :laugh2:

Where do you people come up with this ****?

have you not been watching him at all this year missing shot after shot at the buzzard? or in the playoffs the last couple years?

Double_R
03-31-2011, 03:52 PM
have you not been watching him at all this year missing shot after shot at the buzzard? or in the playoffs the last couple years?

Where do you come up with that stuff, you make it seem as if Lebron has only hit one buzzer beater his entire career, oh wait he has. The luckiest shot of his life couldn't save that series.

What player says I'm having the best stats this year. WOW, funny he doesn't seem to care about that stuff.

godolphins
03-31-2011, 03:54 PM

if Lebron didn't want to win as much and cared more about himself than winning than why come to Miami and share the spot light with Wade and Bosh and try to win a championship? Wouldn't it be better for him to have his own team and be in the spot light every time and not care about winning

godolphins
03-31-2011, 03:57 PM

...and lost to Cleveland[.
So did the Knicks, Lakers and Boston i

Jonathan2323
03-31-2011, 04:01 PM
When Cleveland got really loud, where was Lebron when they were beating the hell out of the Heat? He couldn't handle it he was "going to the bathroom" during intros, it was hard for him, like a playoff environment, that he has failed at year after year, He still finished with good numbers but when it was getting to hard, where was Lebron? Wade brings them back into game Lebron is back crowd is quiet, uhoh Anthony Parker then made it hard again, Just like the playoffs, it is too hard for Lebron and he cracks, so he ran to wade and said "I need a hug" Wade said it is ok, and they formed the "Big 3" Lebron led the Cavs to a better record last year in fact, but when it got too hard where was Lebron?

LeBron never hides from the pressure actually in the biggest game he has his best games. You can say he's not clutch, but who hits alot of game winning shots?

The HEAT unlike the Cavs last year are built for the playoffs because they have multiple guys that can take over a game.

SteBO
03-31-2011, 04:02 PM
More LeBron hate i see :rolleyes: The guy says Rose should be leading the MVP race, and he still get catch a break on here. WOW!

godolphins
03-31-2011, 04:04 PM

That arena was louder and more chaotic December 2nd and if I remember correctly he was there during the intro, by the way the guy is human so what if he had to take a dump or urinated? Is that against the rules. Like Lebron said "I'm I allowed to do that?"

SDBearsFan
03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
DRose just wants to weeeeeeen.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 04:08 PM
if Lebron didn't want to win as much and cared more about himself than winning than why come to Miami and share the spot light with Wade and Bosh and try to win a championship? Wouldn't it be better for him to have his own team and be in the spot light every time and not care about winning

Because he knows for his legacy he NEEDS to win, he is already an established star the spotlight will not go away (look at Jordan w/ wizards) a star is a star, he has tried to get a ring, he was telling Cleveland who he wants to play with, He only joined the "Heat" to take the pressure off of himself, He has earned that right he is the best, but there comes a time when he needs to forget his posse, his parties, and clear his head and remember, How he worked his ***** off to get there, and needs to be Lebron James from akron, Ohio, and not Lebron the chosen one

godolphins
03-31-2011, 04:09 PM
More LeBron hate i see :rolleyes: The guy says Rose should be leading the MVP race, and he still get catch a break on here. WOW!
People like to hat, if Lebron were to find a cure for aids today haters would say "Why didn't this idiot find a cure sooner? Was he too busy patting his stats or filming a reality show" or "The only reason he found a cure for it is because he probably has it" or "he probably paid someone to find a cure for it and when they did he took all the credit for it or "He just want to be in the spot light"

chitown815
03-31-2011, 04:11 PM

you really think he means that? in the same breath he also said how statistically he is having one of his best years,

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 04:11 PM

...and lost to Cleveland.

But . . . but . . . but . . . you said he doesn't care about weeeeeeeening. Only Derrick Rose cares about weeeeeeening. So why would LeBron care about losing to Cleveland and not making game-weeeeeeeeeening shots?

Contradictory much?

godolphins
03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Because he knows for his legacy he NEEDS to win, he is already an established star the spotlight will not go away (look at Jordan w/ wizards) a star is a star, he has tried to get a ring, he was telling Cleveland who he wants to play with, He only joined the "Heat" to take the pressure off of himself, He has earned that right he is the best, but there comes a time when he needs to forget his posse, his parties, and clear his head and remember, How he worked his ***** off to get there, and needs to be Lebron James from akron, Ohio, and not Lebron the chosen one
First you said he didn't care about winning he only cared about the spot light now your saying that he joined to Heat only to take the pressure off himself and he knows he needs to win, get your story straight.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 04:15 PM
But . . . but . . . but . . . you said he doesn't care about weeeeeeeening. Only Derrick Rose cares about weeeeeeening. So why would LeBron care about losing to Cleveland and not making game-weeeeeeeeeening shots?

Contradictory much?

no cleveland is in season, the playoffs are overtime, he cant work overtime he has to go get his dance on

chitown815
03-31-2011, 04:23 PM
First you said he didn't care about winning he only cared about the spot light now your saying that he joined to Heat only to take the pressure off himself and he knows he needs to win, get your story straight.

He cares about winning, but will not skip a party for it, he aint going to any gym all night when they are handing out jello shots in south beach, He likes the Espn spotlight, he gets that more with his buddies in Miami, but now hes 26, and how is going to be the best ever? He better go buy some titles jordan has 6 kobe has 5 uhoh, and what is more selfish by trying to go get rings the easy way to catch up to the guys that earned them the right way with the team that they started their careers w/?

I didnt contradict split, He cares so much about himself that he wants to get titles the easiest way because Kobe and Mj, did it the hard way and Lebron has Thirsty Thursdays at the club he cant do that

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 04:25 PM
you really think he means that? in the same breath he also said how statistically he is having one of his best years,

Is he lying? He says Rose should be leading because he's done a great job leading his team, especially given the injuries Chicago has sustained this season. Later (and most likely in response to a different question) LeBron says he's having one of HIS personal best seasons. LeBron didn't say he's having a better season than Rose--which he is, by the way. He did not even compare his season to Rose's.

But I doubt you'd give a flying crap about the truth. Chicago fans will hate LeBron even if he deems Rose second only to Jordan.

Alas, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. LeBron chose Miami over Chicago. Whoopty doo. Get over it.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Is he lying? He says Rose should be leading because he's done a great job leading his team, especially given the injuries Chicago has sustained this season. Later (and most likely in response to a different question) LeBron says he's having one of HIS personal best seasons. LeBron didn't say he's having a better season than Rose--which he is, by the way. He did not even compare his season to Rose's.

But I doubt you'd give a flying crap about the truth. Chicago fans will hate LeBron even if he deems Rose second only to Jordan.

Alas, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. LeBron chose Miami over Chicago. Whoopty doo. Get over it.

Jordan never endorsed any of his competition, especially in season for something he wanted, Rose isn't gonna say give it to Lebron, Kobe isn't gonna say anyone deserves it... I would rather Lebron shut up and play

chitown815
03-31-2011, 04:38 PM

and you think Chicago cares, For Lebrons money we got Kyle Korver, Cj Watson, Ronnie Brewer etc. So in the playoffs when the heat are running out of gas the Bulls will have depth,and those arent longterm the Bulls will be adding talent not stuck with less money to work with in the future, without any true big men, and until Lebron does split in the playoffs, who cares

godolphins
03-31-2011, 04:39 PM
He cares about winning, but will not skip a party for it, he aint going to any gym all night when they are handing out jello shots in south beach, He likes the Espn spotlight, he gets that more with his buddies in Miami, but now hes 26, and how is going to be the best ever? He better go buy some titles jordan has 6 kobe has 5 uhoh, and what is more selfish by trying to go get rings the easy way to catch up to the guys that earned them the right way with the team that they started their careers w/?

I didnt contradict split, He cares so much about himself that he wants to get titles the easiest way because Kobe and Mj, did it the hard way and Lebron has Thirsty Thursdays at the club he cant do that
I guess Michael Jordan didn't love to party and he won his first championship at 27 I believe and how did Jordan and Kobe do it the hard way? Its not like they didn't have any help, what did Kobe do after Shaq left and before Gasol? :What did Michael do before Pippen? Its not like they went out there and won with role players like Lebron had in Cleveland

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Jordan never endorsed any of his competition, especially in season for something he wanted, Rose isn't gonna say give it to Lebron, Kobe isn't gonna say anyone deserves it... I would rather Lebron shut up and play

Nah. You would rather LeBron do the exact opposite of whatever he does.

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 04:41 PM
and you think Chicago cares, For Lebrons money we got Kyle Korver, Cj Watson, Ronnie Brewer etc. So in the playoffs when the heat are running out of gas the Bulls will have depth,and those arent longterm the Bulls will be adding talent not stuck with less money to work with in the future, without any true big men, and until Lebron does split in the playoffs, who cares

Enjoy!

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Didn't the Heat lose to the Cavs the other night?

ilovemyangel
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
I think Lebron had a point there. Or his PR people did.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-31-2011, 04:46 PM

Contradictory much?

What weeeeeeeening? Is that when Bosh and Wade suckle on the teets of LeBron?

Sox72
03-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Enjoy!

I have been all season.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 04:47 PM
I guess Michael Jordan didn't love to party and he won his first championship at 27 I believe and how did Jordan and Kobe do it the hard way? Its not like they didn't have any help, what did Kobe do after Shaq left and before Gasol? :What did Michael do before Pippen? Its not like they went out there and won with role players like Lebron had in Cleveland

Jordan came out of college after his junior year, not after high school, in a tougher era, he stuck it out and strived to be the Best ever and stuck with Chicago he didnt goto the Lakers, or the Celtics or Pistons, (remember how good those teams were back then, alot better than what Lebron has faced)

What did Gasol do before Kobe?
What did Pippen do without Jordan?
So ok now lets see lebron get 6 titles now

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Hopefully Lebron is better at picking MVP's than he is at shooting game winning shots!

godolphins
03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Jordan came out of college after his junior year, not after high school, in a tougher era, he stuck it out and strived to be the Best ever and stuck with Chicago he didnt goto the Lakers, or the Celtics or Pistons, (remember how good those teams were back then, alot better than what Lebron has faced)

What did Gasol do before Kobe?
What did Pippen do without Jordan?
So ok now lets see lebron get 6 titles now
Its Cleveland! What super star would want to go to Cleveland? Lebron couldn't even get Bosh to go to Cleveland with him last summer so why stay in a place where only role players would want to get there and try to win a championship on the latter part of your career? Even Kevin Garnett told Lebron "Don't make the same mistake I made"

gotoHcarolina52
03-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Its Cleveland! What super star would want to go to Cleveland? Lebron couldn't even get Bosh to go to Cleveland with him last summer so why stay in a place where only role players would want to get there and try to win a championship on the latter part of your career? Even Kevin Garnett told Lebron "Don't make the same mistake I made"

As difficult as it is to do so, don't indulge the small-minded. Just glance, laugh, and keep walking. Nothing to see. Nothing worthy of your time.

Shkelqim
03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
I hate this forum:D

MVP doesn't mean ****. It's all about who wins the Championship. I'd give MVP to Howard, He dominates every year. LeBron is right, it's all about who the Media is following that gets it. I would like to ask a better question, who gets the MVP after the playoffs are over?:D Bulls fans are going to hide in that discussion. I just can't stand how they think they're incredible. I wish Howard takes on all their Bigs. LeBron isn't tired this year neither is wade nor Bosh. Just wait and watch all Three Dominate every game.:D

godolphins
03-31-2011, 05:01 PM
As difficult as it is to do so, don't indulge the small-minded. Just glance, laugh, and keep walking. Nothing to see. Nothing worthy of your time.

:nod: :clap:

Hawkeye15
03-31-2011, 05:01 PM

didn't the Cavs also beat the Lakers and Celtics? So?

chitown815
03-31-2011, 05:04 PM

Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen both, but they came in and accepted their roles and bought into the system, and the resultsshowed for them
Do they cry? no
Do they call themselves the chosen one, and use words to describe themselves that most would only use for jesus? no
Do they shove their coach? no
Do they hit clutch shots? yes
Do they demand running point and taking every last shot after numerous fails? no
did they promise their hometeam that drafted the a title, and ditched them? no

He had the right to leave, it still is gonna look bad the way he did you cant walk with the best, if you cant win with what you are given

k.smith904
03-31-2011, 05:04 PM

oh yeah.

I remember hearing about that on ESPN right after they were talking about how the Bulls were still sitting pretty atop the East.

redwhitenblue
03-31-2011, 05:07 PM
I hate this forum:D

MVP doesn't mean ****. It's all about who wins the Championship. I'd give MVP to Howard, He dominates every year. LeBron is right, it's all about who the Media is following that gets it. I would like to ask a better question, who gets the MVP after the playoffs are over?:D Bulls fans are going to hide in that discussion. I just can't stand how they think they're incredible. I wish Howard takes on all their Bigs. LeBron isn't tired this year neither is wade nor Bosh. Just wait and watch all Three Dominate every game.:D
Postseason MVP will be Deng.

And Howard vs Chicago? The one time ORL actually smoked CHI was before the trades and Howard had an off game 13pts/12rebs. The next two games CHI allowed Howard to get his and won both games while Howard had big numbers.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Postseason MVP will be Deng.

And Howard vs Chicago? The one time ORL actually smoked CHI was before the trades and Howard had an off game 13pts/12rebs. The next two games CHI allowed Howard to get his and won both games while Howard had big numbers.

But they have Lebron he is so clutch in the playoffs

k.smith904
03-31-2011, 05:12 PM
But they have Lebron he is so clutch in the playoffs

so is Bosh.

on NBA2k11.

hugepatsfan
03-31-2011, 05:14 PM
I remember this past offseason when it looked like Lebron was going to CHI and how Bulls fans wouldn't shut up about how awesome Lebron was and how good him and Rose would be. Now he's trash and not clutch at all... :rolleyes:

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 05:18 PM
I remember this past offseason when it looked like Lebron was going to CHI and how Bulls fans wouldn't shut up about how awesome Lebron was and how good him and Rose would be. Now he's trash and not clutch at all... :rolleyes:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

When I saw that you were the latest post I told myself you'd say something to set this thread straight and that so you did.

redwhitenblue
03-31-2011, 05:19 PM
No one is claiming Lebron isn't the most physically gifted freak in the NBA.

But when it comes to crunch time, no one was calling him the greatest...when defenses collapse and don't just let you drive in for the highlight dunk, taking the 18-20 foot jumper is not Lebron's specialty.

k.smith904
03-31-2011, 05:20 PM

After "the decision," NBA fans everywhere began to despise Lebron, it's hardly exclusive to Bulls fans.

how many games back will the celtics be when they lose tonight? I honestly cant remember.

championships
03-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Thread still going strong but off of the topic...lol

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 05:23 PM

But when it comes to crunch time, no one was calling him the greatest...when defenses collapse and don't just let you drive in for the highlight dunk, taking the 18-20 foot jumper is not Lebron's specialty.

Well when there was a thread of who was the better clutch player Kobe or LeBron I can vividly remember that there were Bulls fans among many others who chose LeBron. Even after Kobe hit all those game winners last season.

smith&wesson
03-31-2011, 05:24 PM
d rose getting his respeK

hugepatsfan
03-31-2011, 05:24 PM

The guy has consistantly hit big shots in the postseason and won games. Do you remember him taking over that series vs DET the way no one has taken over a series in years? I remember game 7 vs BOS the next year where he single handedly kept his team in the game vs BOS (although he does have to take some blame for allowing Pierce to go off on the other end).

The next year his team just ran into a real bad matchup vs ORL. They didn't have a big who could defend Dwight or a big that could guard perimieter shooters like Shard. Their defensive rotations were all out of whack because of those matchup problems down low and guys having to compensate for that.

His performance vs BOS last year was despicable. No argument from me on that one. But other than that, his postseason/crunch time track record is pretty good IMO.

redwhitenblue
03-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Well when there was a thread of who was the better clutch player Kobe or LeBron I can vividly remember that there were Bulls fans among many others who chose LeBron. Even after Kobe hit all those game winners last season.
I can't say I vividly remember any of that since I've avoided the NBA forum for years with the way it used to be.

Unfortunately for Lebron, his personal choices the last year have hurt the way people have seen him and looked for his specific flaws.

He's not a horrible clutch shooter, but he's not great.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Chicago was also a #8 seed and needed a superstar, Rose has turned into one end of story, Same with Carmelo some bulls fans wanted him, and most said not for noah and Deng,

It is not out of question to think if Lebron had a better coach and an actual point guard he could be better in the playoffs, But to put him with the guy in the league that plays most like him and the weakest PF ever.

Personally, I prefer a team, on top of the East without the headcase, let the Heat have Espn while the Bulls win

Swashcuff
After "the decision," NBA fans everywhere began to despise Lebron, it's hardly exclusive to Bulls fans.

I fully agree to that but Bulls and Knicks fans no doubt took it the hardest.

Bulls fans had sigs and avatars of how great LeBron would be in Chicago. Bulls fans (with a few exceptions) sung his praises just as much as anyone.

Now look. Bulls and Knicks fans that at least on this site hate on him more than anyone. Want proof look back in this thread.

hugepatsfan

how many games back will the celtics be when they lose tonight? I honestly cant remember.

http://prosportsdaily.sportsdirectinc.com/basketball/nba-standings.aspx?page=/data/nba/standings/2010-2011/league/standings_playoff.html

Use that link to help you figure it out. If you have any questions about how to calculate the standings, just PM me and I'll help you. I could just tell you, but give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he'll eat for a life time.

hugepatsfan
03-31-2011, 05:29 PM

There's a difference between hating Lebron the man and Lebron the player. I despise Lebron the man (I did before the decision). But his basketball ability is different. Is he perfect? No. But he is the best player in the NBA and the obvious choice for that, as well as who to start a franchise w/. Despite what people think, he has a great track record in the playoffs when you actually disect the games instead of just saying no ring = you suck. He has routinely taken over individual games in the 4th as well. The hate his game gets is rediculous and unwarranted. The hate his attitude/personality gets is warranted though.

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 05:29 PM
I can't say I vividly remember any of that since I've avoided the NBA forum for years with the way it used to be.

Unfortunately for Lebron, his personal choices the last year have hurt the way people have seen him and looked for his specific flaws.

He's not a horrible clutch shooter, but he's not great.

I fully agree.

Prior to this season he has been amazing but his late game misses this season have been placed under a microscope.

I mean he hasn't been as horrible as most make it out to be this season in the clutch.

Swashcuff
03-31-2011, 05:30 PM
There's a difference between hating Lebron the man and Lebron the player. I despise Lebron the man (I did before the decision). But his basketball ability is different. Is he perfect? No. But he is the best player in the NBA and the obvious choice for that, as well as who to start a franchise w/. Despite what people think, he has a great track record in the playoffs when you actually disect the games instead of just saying no ring = you suck. He has routinely taken over individual games in the 4th as well. The hate his game gets is rediculous and unwarranted. The hate his attitude/personality gets is warranted though.

Do you steal one of my posts from a while back. I swear I said this same thing over and over again.

chitown815
03-31-2011, 05:31 PM
How can you tell when the Bulls are on top?
When Celtics and Heat fans start tagteaming

hugepatsfan
03-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Do you steal one of my posts from a while back. I swear I said this same thing over and over again.

How ****ing dare you accuse me of plagerism!!!

:D

chitown815
03-31-2011, 05:32 PM

Chicago

-

Boston

Miami

Orlando

LoL people have him as mvp 7.5 games back from the MVP

Atlanta

Philadelphia

New York

Indiana

^^ In Playoffs ^^

Charlotte

Milwaukee

Detroit

New Jersey

Toronto

Washington

Cleveland

redwhitenblue
03-31-2011, 05:36 PM
The guy has consistantly hit big shots in the postseason and won games. Do you remember him taking over that series vs DET the way no one has taken over a series in years? I remember game 7 vs BOS the next year where he single handedly kept his team in the game vs BOS (although he does have to take some blame for allowing Pierce to go off on the other end).

The next year his team just ran into a real bad matchup vs ORL. They didn't have a big who could defend Dwight or a big that could guard perimieter shooters like Shard. Their defensive rotations were all out of whack because of those matchup problems down low and guys having to compensate for that.

His performance vs BOS last year was despicable. No argument from me on that one. But other than that, his postseason/crunch time track record is pretty good IMO.
That series for DET where he shot 44%? Where they lost game 7 by scoring 61 points? He was the best player on his team without doubt, but let's not act as if he was going for 35+ every game willing his team to win. Oh, that was 05-06

06-07 he had a good postseason

In both the 06-07 DET series and 07-08 BOS series, he put his team in an 0-1 hole when he had bad game 1's.

Lebron did have a big game 7 vs BOS, but he also went 3-11 in 3's, and the rest of his team was rarely involved. I hope he understands that he needs to get the 'lower class' like James Jones, Eddie House, Bibby, Z, Anthony, etc, involved if he wants to be successful in getting a championship.

SteBO
03-31-2011, 05:40 PM
That series for DET where he shot 44%? Where they lost game 7 by scoring 61 points? He was the best player on his team without doubt, but let's not act as if he was going for 35+ every game willing his team to win. Oh, that was 05-06

In both the 06-07 DET series and 07-08 BOS series, he put his team in an 0-1 hole when he had bad game 1's.

Lebron did have a big game 7 vs BOS, but he also went 3-11 in 3's, and the rest of his team was rarely involved. I hope he understands that he needs to get the 'lower class' like James Jones, Eddie House, Bibby, Z, Anthony, etc, involved if he wants to be successful in getting a championship.
That's what he's been doing all year. It's not his fault they aren't hitting shots right now with the exception of Bibby.

Lolwut?
03-31-2011, 05:46 PM

if he wanted to be lebron he wouldn't have left clev... cracks under pressure ? did you watch the detroit series call me when rose ever does that in the playoffs.

Lolwut?
03-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Where do you come up with that stuff, you make it seem as if Lebron has only hit one buzzer beater his entire career, oh wait he has. The luckiest shot of his life couldn't save that series.

What player says I'm having the best stats this year. WOW, funny he doesn't seem to care about that stuff.

game winner vs g state

chitown815
03-31-2011, 06:46 PM
if he wanted to be lebron he wouldn't have left clev... cracks under pressure ? did you watch the detroit series call me when rose ever does that in the playoffs.

Fact is they have the same amount of rings.... It will be settled in the ECF if the Heat make it

And Rose had that type of series his rookie year. with less around him lost in 7 games

Jonathan2323
03-31-2011, 06:51 PM

Im not going to look up the stats to see if you're right, but isn't that what Rose has shot all season long(or worse) and you're going to hate on LeBron for that.

redwhitenblue
03-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Im not going to look up the stats to see if you're right, but isn't that what Rose has shot all season long(or worse) and you're going to hate on LeBron for that.
Absolutely because they're different players. That's like if Dwight shoots 50%, it's a little low, if Rose shoots it, he's among the best in the game.

Lebron's game is much more centered around the basket with higher % shots. His shooting %, as Dwight's shooting %, should be higher than a guard.

Lolwut?
03-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Fact is they have the same amount of rings.... It will be settled in the ECF if the Heat make it

And Rose had that type of series his rookie year. with less around him lost in 7 games

come one ! rose played solid in that series i admit especially for a rookie but it was no where close to what lebron did.