PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that preferred the old Knicks?

heatking
03-30-2011, 04:33 PM
They were a much more exiting team and when that 3 was falling that offense was the prettiest in the league. They played perfectly through amare and when they turned it up on D they were almost unbeatable.

They were arguably the most fun team to watch in the league, but now their offense is UGLY and they look worse on D. Im not saying the trade shouldnt have happened but they looked like a better team prior to the trade.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I haven't seen them play since they got Melo unfortunately.

CapnTreee
03-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes you are. They are exciting when they play "D". And they don't do that much.

The Jokemaker
Let's see when the Knicks make some offseason moves, go through a training camp together, and make some adjustments THEN assess this team. Evaluating a trade and team a month after a trade is frivolous.

Wade>You
At the end of the day, the team with the most talent will probably win the championship.

Knicks took a step in the right direction.

I know it's tough for fans to accept that, and so many fans get caught up in the regular season, but at the end of the day the aforementioned will hold true.

king4day
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Knicks were exciting to start. They were pretty beatable before the trade as I think they were only 3 above .500 or something like that.
The trade had to happen though. The last 20 years have proven you can't win without elite players. Now the Knicks have two. Like the Heat, they have plenty of years to fill in the blanks.

Weezy
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
We'll see.

xxcubs22xx
03-30-2011, 04:38 PM
They were a much more exiting team and when that 3 was falling that offense was the prettiest in the league. They played perfectly through amare and when they turned it up on D they were almost unbeatable.

They were arguably the most fun team to watch in the league, but now their offense is UGLY and they look worse on D. Im not saying the trade shouldnt have happened but they looked like a better team prior to the trade.

I agree with the bolded statement. That being said, I think that the Knicks may be in a position to be better than what they could have been w/o Melo.

Who knows, cuz I sure don't. I do think that they got rid of too many pieces, but it not might matter if the Knicks play their cards right during the Stat n Melo era.

heatking
03-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Nah dont get me wrong i agree they had to get melo and they will be even better after making offseason moves. Im talking about this season.

Geargo Wallace
03-30-2011, 04:40 PM
if you like winning.

YankeeClipper5
03-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Nah dont get me wrong i agree they had to get melo and they will be even better after making offseason moves. Im talking about this season.

They had to make a move. The trade was more for the future, not now. I doubt anyone thought we would make it to the Finals with the team we had before the trade.

The Jokemaker
03-30-2011, 04:43 PM

I've seen them play a few games since the trade and I still think they're an exciting team. But this trade wasn't made for this season, it was made for the future so not really worth analyzing that deep this season.

Lo Porto
03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
The team was better before Melo, but the future is brighter with Melo. That old team would have never played for an Eastern Conference Title. With the right moves, Amare, Fields, Melo and added pieces might contend for it all.

Gootie42
03-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Their schedule has been way tougher since the trade.

SACNYY
03-30-2011, 04:54 PM
If only we coulda kept Danilo Gallinari. He's one of my favorites and we got rid of em :(

heatking
03-30-2011, 05:00 PM
If only we coulda kept Danilo Gallinari. He's one of my favorites and we got rid of em :(

Yup... I believe gallo will be an allstar.

AddiX
03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
What non knick fans and even knick fans forget, is the old knick team was not getting better. They played horrible going into all star break.

The new team has a lot to learn still, and mike d is co pletely lost. No one can argue that for the next few years, the new knick team will be better off.

The right coach, and few role-players, and some chemistry, were right next to the top teams in the east.

lvlheaded
03-30-2011, 05:03 PM

I wish we could have kept Mozzy. Itd be nice to have him now, especially since he isnt really getting burn in DEN.

That said, players like Chandler, Felton, and Mozzy come along all the time. Its not everyday you get the chance to pair two players of Melo and Stat's caliber with the chance to build around them going forward. Deal had to be made for the future of the franchise.

AKAYaReal
03-30-2011, 05:16 PM
As a fan, its hard to justify looking good now just to have less of a chance to go far in playoffs as opposed to making a trade for a elite player that may look bad now but probably still make more noise in this yrs playoffs and form a future team that teams fear to play in the yrs to come.

We may well surprise some and make it out the 1st rd and take it from there.

Im sure any team that is faced with the decision of looking good now and being a 1st or 2nd rd out every yrs or looking bad now, still making the playoffs and end in the same fashion they probably would have ended in with the old ok team and being a possibly very good contender a yr later and beyond will take the looking ok and building for a very good contender for the future.

Klivlend
03-30-2011, 05:21 PM

Everyone in your sig looks like the biggest tool. I don't know how they can out do themselves.

setman2000
03-30-2011, 05:21 PM
As a Nuggets fan I prefer the new Nuggets!

Neither of these teams will be winning a championship anytime soon.

C-Dub
03-30-2011, 05:24 PM
i think there are a lot of people who prefer the old knicks, specially cuz they coulda got melo without giving anything up after the season was over. everyone knows he wanted to play for NY.
as a nuggets fan i love the new players we got in that deal and could see why knicks fans would wanna take back the trade. they are some really good players that have a ton of potential. all i can say is i love watching the nuggets again and good luck to the knicks

Crackadalic
03-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Sure they was exciting to watch but the team was losing more and more games the last two months. We were 10-12 and losing ground fast. We basically overachieve the whole season and it caught up to us once teams found out what our game plan was.

We had to make a trade simply to see how well we can perform in the playoffs but to have another big piece for the future

AddiX
03-30-2011, 05:25 PM

I thought the heat team with wade, odam, butler, jones, was 20x more entertaining than that team that won you a ring and more entertaining than your team is now.

But you do what you gotta do to win. Winning teams and entertaining teams have nothing in common.

And our old team wasn't going to win anything not now or in the future.

NYY 26 to 7
03-30-2011, 05:37 PM
I thought the heat team with wade, odam, butler, jones, was 20x more entertaining than that team that won you a ring and more entertaining than your team is now.

But you do what you gotta do to win. Winning teams and entertaining teams have nothing in common.

And our old team wasn't going to win anything not now or in the future.

True and the Cavs the last few years had better records and were more exciting because LeBron put up freak games every night - cuz he had to. But in the playoffs would I rather have the old Heat or Cavs haha umm no. Wade/LeBron is tough. What the Heat have proved and the new Knicks is that it is harder than you think to get the right role players and system for the stars to play together. Much greater reward in the long run. I think both teams could use a coaching change and a real center.

Ripper Gein
03-30-2011, 05:43 PM
I prefer the knick team that didn't have 350 stupid threads posted on PSD.

abe_froman
03-30-2011, 05:45 PM
i thought they were more dangerous,but ny fans like this group better(dunno why)so whatever

NYtilIdie
03-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Honestly, with the previous team we were a poor mans version of the Cavs in the Lebron days. We were pretty much going to be the Hawks for the next few years.

Now with the right pieces and right coach with the current team, in a few years we can be serious contenders.

BigBlueCrew
03-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Yes you are

Can you say prisoner of the moment?

Da Knicks
03-30-2011, 05:55 PM
I like the new knicks team and think they will be making noise for years to come..

abe_froman
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Honestly, with the previous team we were a poor mans version of the Cavs in the Lebron days. We were pretty much going to be the Hawks for the next few years.

Now with the right pieces and right coach with the current team, in a few years we can be serious contenders.
i dont think so.you had a good group,while you werent going to do anything this or next year i thought you could have developed them right.and i8f you guys were that insisting on a trade deron would have been infinitely better(both because he's a better player than melo and because mikes system is dependent of dynamic pg play)...that def would have been scary

allSUAVE
03-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Why do everybody care to talk about the knicks !

We suck psd ,we get it

BradfordIsElite
03-30-2011, 07:09 PM
The ONLY bad thing that has come out of the trade so far, aside from the temporary losses, is Stoudemire's play. He was a superhero for NY all before the blockbuster trade. He was the focal point behind the revamp of NY basketball, the leader. And he was doing damn good at it. Now Anthony has COMPLETELY cut into his role in a negative way. Stoud' is no longer the leader and has been very much less agressive.
As for this year, the trade has hurt them a good amount. I think Amar'e would have been able to play the role of superman in the playoffs and possibly led them very far.
Now I don't see them having the same sucess, but you never know..

As for the future, a great trade for them. With the way the NBA has shifted gears, it was almost a must for them to acquire a player like Anthony to team with Stat. There going to pan out and do WORK in the future, guarenteed.