PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone else impressed with Ryan Hollins

xbrackattackx
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Last night. He played some insane defense. And was a presence in the paint on both ends. Only 3 rebounds. Has he been this impressive before?

I was just asking in the main forum to see if any others where impressed?

Move it to cavs forum if it's a problem.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-30-2011, 12:42 PM
I dont get it

gwrighter
03-30-2011, 12:45 PM
not impressive. the heat bigmen just never showed up in the first place.

Gibby23
03-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Damp or Joel needed to put that fool on his back after what he did to D Wade. He played good, I wanted to see if he would have brought the same energy if he was put on his back once.

sep11ie
03-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Who?

John Walls Era
03-30-2011, 01:04 PM
No. Im not impressed by scrubs

danniboi168
03-30-2011, 01:07 PM
never heard of him

Matrix3132
03-30-2011, 01:18 PM
This might be the last straw in being done with PSD for good....all after seeing a thread about a 3 rebound performance....

TO to the CHI
03-30-2011, 01:30 PM
This might be the last straw in being done with PSD for good....all after seeing a thread about a 3 rebound performance....

Your ~50 posts a year will be missed. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Damp or Joel needed to put that fool on his back after what he did to D Wade. He played good, I wanted to see if he would have brought the same energy if he was put on his back once.

I agree with both parts of this. I think the Heat bigs should have sent a message back to Hollins with a hard foul (a la Oakley standing up for a teammate). It would have been interesting to see how Hollins would have responded. I don't think he would have backed down, but now we don't know.

As an aside, I think it is interesting that Bosh doesn't even get mentioned here as a possible source of such a hard foul. Somehow that is amusing.

Last night. He played some insane defense. And was a presence in the paint on both ends. Only 3 rebounds. Has he been this impressive before?

I was just asking in the main forum to see if any others where impressed?

Move it to cavs forum if it's a problem.

I think that his defense was less impressive than his presence. He sent a loud message that I think the fans and his teammates responded to. That aspect was sorely lacking in December. I don't want to condone dirty play, but I think he played a big part in their win.

Missing56&33
03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
yes I was impressed with his game last night. He stepped up and did not back down to Wade and played a good game. The Cavs needed that win to redeem themselves after Lebron came in and disrespected them the first meeting. Very impressive the way he threw *****.....I mean Bosh shot back in his face then intimidated the hell out of himon the second attempt. That was nice. He played a great overall game. I think the Cavs have a quality player in Hollins.

COOLbeans
03-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Impressive. who knew the guy had some heart and grit to help lead the Cavs to a win against their arch nemesis, Lebron James. Hollin's defense was very good and he helped his team beat one of the best teams in the league.

COOLbeans
03-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Who?

exactly. who is right. who knew that ryan hollins could play. his stock has been raised slightly.

Chi StateOfMind
03-30-2011, 02:05 PM
not to be a hater but it was like one good game not to knock him b/c he did play well but it was an emotional game for him to perform in front of his fans....

GreatMustachio1
03-30-2011, 02:19 PM
THE GRASSHOPPER!!! the best player in bobcats history

topdog
03-30-2011, 02:24 PM
He had a good playoff series for the Mavs, got signed by my T-Puppies as the starting C and wound up being dumped with Ramon Sessions because his ceiling is having a good defensive performance once in a blue moon.

Geargo Wallace
03-30-2011, 02:31 PM
never liked him. one of those guys who gives an odd good performance, but there's a reason why nobody knows him and why he's on a different team every time you hear about him.

mttwlsn16
03-30-2011, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=TO to the CHI;17286219]Your ~50 posts a year will be missed. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. [QUOTE]

hahahahah

but to answer the question...i was impressed. not huge stats but the guy was a presence and his teammates and the crowd fed off his energy. love how he got into w dwade too :clap:

marlinsfan24
03-30-2011, 02:47 PM

I agree with both parts of this. I think the Heat bigs should have sent a message back to Hollins with a hard foul (a la Oakley standing up for a teammate). It would have been interesting to see how Hollins would have responded. I don't think he would have backed down, but now we don't know.

Agreed with this!

Jewelz0376
03-30-2011, 03:11 PM
:laugh: at some of the responses in this thread...yall don't have to kill the op like that lol

Fnom11
03-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Kwame Brown had one or two impressive games....

king4day
03-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Impressive game but nothing to talk about unless he does it consistently. The times I watched, he was in the right place right time on offense. Very active. Defense he was great.

Arch Stanton
03-31-2011, 12:40 AM
I was impressed with Ryan Hollins LAST NIGHT. However, for most of the season I've called him out for making bone-headed plays and under performing. But since he played well LAST NIGHT against the HEAT. I forgive him for his previous mistakes. Good job Hollins!

Punk
03-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Not really. Hollins could have been just as effective in Dallas if he didn't have such a bad IQ.

Rambis liked his potential but he admitted his BBIQ wouldn't make him anything like special.

I'd hope a playoff team adds him and see if he can get better around some veteran players. He can be just as good as McGee is if he uses his head and understands defense and rotations.