PDA

View Full Version : is orlando kicking themselves..

Lim
03-30-2011, 10:10 AM
for trading gortat? they could have started gortat at the 4 and howard at the 5 and had brandon bass coming off the bench.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-30-2011, 10:34 AM
They like to shoot threes more than go to inside, so here's your answer.

rapjuicer06
03-30-2011, 10:37 AM
they are kicking themselves for blowing their load in a trade as early as they did seeing for how much deron williams and wallace went for. both players are a million times better than the **** they picked up

ackar
03-30-2011, 10:47 AM
they are kicking themselves for blowing their load in a trade as early as they did seeing for how much deron williams and wallace went for. both players are a million times better than the **** they picked up

So true! Agreed!
But now the Bulls have a great chance at beating them if they meet in the playoffs. The team they had before trade simply destroyed the Bulls.

Thanks Smith you outsmarted no one but yourself hehehe!

210Don
03-30-2011, 11:10 AM
nah steve nash makes u so much better.....

tonyd3b54
03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
gortat was a very good 2nd center off the bench... but yea the magic do miss him

Crackadalic
03-30-2011, 11:32 AM

this

Mile High Champ
03-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Speaking of Nash, man would he look good with Howard on the Magic..

Hellcrooner
03-30-2011, 11:46 AM
THey shot themseleves in the foot taking on Arenas.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-30-2011, 11:50 AM

agreed, he's been terrible

shooting like 25% from the field

Slimsim
03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
D Howard has logged more minutes and twice that he played the knicks since the trade Howard has basically played the whole second half.

Avenged
03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Had higher hopes for them.. But you know what they say, the playoffs are a whole different ball game. Anything can happen.

acehole
03-30-2011, 11:57 AM
They definitely messed up by trading Gortat, they have no size on that team now besides howard. Bass is undersized, they're gonna miss Gortat come playoff time.

But Nash is making that guy look like a all star.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-30-2011, 12:01 PM
I just realised that I don't know who's orlando's back up C.

Or do they even have one:laugh2:

Rapsjaysleafs
03-30-2011, 12:07 PM

They have Daniel Orton but I don't know if he is in the D-league or not. I know he is only 20 though.

Thanks NBA 2K11 HAHA

macc
03-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Orlando doesn't really have a back up C. They have Malik Allen but he isn't getting many min. Typically they have a rotation of Anderson, Bass & Clark playing the 4 and 5 spots. Not having a back up C hasn't hurt them yet because eventhough having Anderson at the 5 puts Orlando at a disadvantage at the Defensive side, it puts them at an advantage at the offensive side as well. It has yet to hurt them. Besides Gortat was only playing 12-15 mpg.

macc
03-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Daniel Orton is a project, you won't see him until "maybe" next year. He's young and is very raw. I'm not sure what his ceiling is exactly.

Double_R
03-30-2011, 12:16 PM
They could care less about trading Gortat, what they messed up on is the timing since Dwill could have been had.

king4day
03-30-2011, 12:18 PM

Nash is helping his offense but he even played well when Nash was out a couple of games. But his defense and rebounding are all him. Best rebounder we've has in the Nash era. He's going to be the reason Lopez probably doesn't come back next season.

Speaking of Nash, man would he look good with Howard on the Magic..

As long as Hedo is on Orlando, I can't see how it'd work. It didn't in Phoenix.

rapjuicer06
03-30-2011, 12:26 PM

ryan anderson plays the back up center role and bass plays the lowpost on offense

ChiSox219
03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't see how Orlando could have put together a trade for Deron.

Gortat isn't getting enough credit, Nash helps but the guy would put up numbers anywhere as long as he's getting minutes.

ne3xchamps
03-30-2011, 12:49 PM

this. they did a s-t job on that stupid trade. way too early to pull the trigger on a trade IMO.

rapjuicer06
03-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't see how Orlando could have put together a trade for Deron.

Gortat isn't getting enough credit, Nash helps but the guy would put up numbers anywhere as long as he's getting minutes.

lets say deron williams or gerald wallace. if they didnt blow carter's expiring, pietrus' expiring, gortat.

for deron williams.

gortat/nelson/pietrus/carter/redick could all have been offered up for williams and w/e else. gortat would make it so nene is moved to PF where he belongs, nelson is a decent fill in for for a couple years, carters 16? mill expiring would have been very helpful and redick is a damn good young piece for them. maybe that deal wouldn't have worked. thats fine...

gerald wallace for vince carter. ok, trades done. thats what jordan wanted was salary relief.

nelson/redick/wallace/lewis/howard is a LOT better than
nelson/richardson/hedo/bass/howard

NetsPaint
03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
If they made no big trades Carter would have been healthy and produce about the same or better than Arenas while keeping Gortat. Also, Carter could have been bought-out the next year.

I guess maybe they were hoping Arenas would go back to his 50 point game status eventually and him being a few years younger than Carter, but still, not the best move.

Why did the Wizards trade Arenas? I know the gun incident, but other than that seemingly in the past for him and the Nick Young thing with him pretending to be hurt to let him get a chance to start in pre-season or early in the season, I thought they should have kept him along and continued to play him with Wall and not take on Lewis' contract, unless Lewis' comes off a lot sooner along with other player(s).

abe_froman
03-30-2011, 06:49 PM
yes they are,and probably want to go back on lewis for gil to

dodie53
03-30-2011, 06:54 PM
is ryan anderson their back up PF/C?

and
how i wish the magic traded for nash
ugh.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-30-2011, 09:31 PM

Thats true. Phoenix gives you better offensive stats once you're a member of the Suns.

reffahead
03-30-2011, 10:11 PM
The arenas trade is the beginning of the end for them. I also expect the hawks to take the series...

Arenas is such a cancerous force it's crazy.

Slimsim
03-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Never understood why orlando didn't play

Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bass
Howard

What's wrong with that lineup ?

bmd1101
03-30-2011, 10:43 PM
for trading gortat? they could have started gortat at the 4 and howard at the 5 and had brandon bass coming off the bench.

They played that when he was at Orlando, unfortunatly it didnt work out so well. The lane was sooooo crowded howard couldnt operate very well. Besides the Nash factor.

Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bass
Howard

Lewis lost a step, no chance in hell he could keep up to other SF's.

madmoochie
03-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Gortat would be a great addition to the knicks

The BodyGuard
03-30-2011, 11:51 PM
They messed up on the arenas trade. But they a BiG to balance out their team

CowboysKB24
03-31-2011, 12:23 AM

This.

And this may be a big part of the reason if Dwight leaves, which I think he will. It is the new trend in the NBA, why wouldn't he join? He isn't going to stay in Orlando and play with Gilbert Arenas and Jason Richardson forever, and lose in playoffs.

hgtiger32
03-31-2011, 12:37 AM
to be honest. id still be afraid to play orlando in a 7 game series. in my opinion i think a lot of their players are tough physically and mentally. id hate to have my team have to bang around with Howard in a best of 7 game series. and i think nelson, reddick, and richardson are tough as nails and would be in a 7 game series.

Bulls-Magic would be intriuging

Lim
03-31-2011, 02:56 AM
If they made no big trades Carter would have been healthy and produce about the same or better than Arenas while keeping Gortat. Also, Carter could have been bought-out the next year.

I guess maybe they were hoping Arenas would go back to his 50 point game status eventually and him being a few years younger than Carter, but still, not the best move.

Why did the Wizards trade Arenas? I know the gun incident, but other than that seemingly in the past for him and the Nick Young thing with him pretending to be hurt to let him get a chance to start in pre-season or early in the season, I thought they should have kept him along and continued to play him with Wall and not take on Lewis' contract, unless Lewis' comes off a lot sooner along with other player(s).

he would have stunted john walls development

cchrisc773
03-31-2011, 03:30 AM
NO.

They tried Gortat at the 4 and Howard at the 5. It just never worked. Gortat only appears better on offense because of Nash. Now if Orlando had a true PG having Gortat and Howard on the court at the same time would work.

Gortat was not athletic enough to guard the 4 spot. Gortat is a solid center, not and ALL-Star but solid... His offensive numbers he is putting up with the Suns has all to do with having a creative PG like Nash....

cchrisc773
03-31-2011, 03:31 AM
This.

And this may be a big part of the reason if Dwight leaves, which I think he will. It is the new trend in the NBA, why wouldn't he join? He isn't going to stay in Orlando and play with Gilbert Arenas and Jason Richardson forever, and lose in playoffs.

His contract expires at the end of the season just a FYI!!!!

cchrisc773
03-31-2011, 03:34 AM
Daniel Orton is a project, you won't see him until "maybe" next year. He's young and is very raw. I'm not sure what his ceiling is exactly.

Many say he is in the Mold of Andrew Bynum. They also have possibly Fran Vasquez the 2005 round 1 pick coming over from Spain next season. However, that all depends if the NBA locks-out or not. If they do he is gonna stay and play in Europe. Vasquez and Howard would be very good together.

JasonJohnHorn
03-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah, can you imagine had they gotten D-Will instead of Agnet Zero? HOLY $#!T!!!! That team would be DISGUSTING!!!! And they could have worked a deal with Zach Randolph from what I had heard via the rumour mill. At the very least, they didnt have to cough G-man. I do like them having Turk back though. They have an interesting team that will pose some match-up problems, but I dont think they got enough to push to the finals. The east's top four teams are far more competative than they have been over the last decade.

I'd really like to see them pick up PF in the offseason. And I PRAY the CBA allows teams to buy out one player without it counting against the cap again. that would be GREAT!!! Areneas is a nice guy, and I'm sure that gun $#!t was just a lapse of judgement on his part, but what I got a problem with is his lack of game. Scoring PG just dont get a lot of juice from me.

pebloemer
03-31-2011, 09:40 AM
lets say deron williams or gerald wallace. if they didnt blow carter's expiring, pietrus' expiring, gortat.

for deron williams.

gortat/nelson/pietrus/carter/redick could all have been offered up for williams and w/e else. gortat would make it so nene is moved to PF where he belongs, nelson is a decent fill in for for a couple years, carters 16? mill expiring would have been very helpful and redick is a damn good young piece for them. maybe that deal wouldn't have worked. thats fine...

gerald wallace for vince carter. ok, trades done. thats what jordan wanted was salary relief.

No chance in hell Utah, who is rebuilding now, takes any package the Magic can offer over what the Nets gave up. With Favors, Jersey's 2011 pick and GS's 2012 pick that's a 4th overall plus 2 more likely lottery picks. Add in Harris as well. That's far better than any package Orlando could have made.

Wallace however, is another story. They could have done better than they did. It was a risk that is not turning out. But there is no way they could have got Deron.

Hellcrooner
03-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah, can you imagine had they gotten D-Will instead of Agnet Zero? HOLY $#!T!!!! That team would be DISGUSTING!!!! And they could have worked a deal with Zach Randolph from what I had heard via the rumour mill. At the very least, they didnt have to cough G-man. I do like them having Turk back though. They have an interesting team that will pose some match-up problems, but I dont think they got enough to push to the finals. The east's top four teams are far more competative than they have been over the last decade.

I'd really like to see them pick up PF in the offseason. And I PRAY the CBA allows teams to buy out one player without it counting against the cap again. that would be GREAT!!! Areneas is a nice guy, and I'm sure that gun $#!t was just a lapse of judgement on his part, but what I got a problem with is his lack of game. Scoring PG just dont get a lot of juice from me.

last time around there was cba negotiation teams were alowed to buy out one player as a mercy cut

BUT the salary still counted against the Cap Space, they onkly were allowed to buy out for l ess money than owed and so saving owners money,

DaBear
03-31-2011, 10:31 AM
So true! Agreed!
But now the Bulls have a great chance at beating them if they meet in the playoffs. The team they had before trade simply destroyed the Bulls.

Thanks Smith you outsmarted no one but yourself hehehe!

That was a fluke game, but I agree that Orlando team was better than the current one.

KnicksorBust
03-31-2011, 10:57 AM

for deron williams.

How is Nelson and Reddick better young talent than Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, and #1 picks?

Nelson
Carter
Lewis
Bass
Howard

Carter and Lewis are shells of their former selves.

Personally the problem has been the same for the Magic as was the problem for the Cavs. They both built a very good depth around their star player. They even built good depth that fits well. The problem is they didn't give their stars that Kevin McHale, Scottie Pippen, Young Kobe, Old Shaq, Pau Gasol, sidekick to get over the final hump.

ChicagoRox
03-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Dwill would've been nice, in hindsight. But C'mon, no front office could've predicted that The Jazz were going to trade their franchise player. I was shocked as hell when Dwill got traded. And probably no one on PSD would've predicted that at the time of the Magic-Suns-Wizards trade went down.

As for the magic, Van gundy and Otis need to gtfo of Orlando. Crappy Coach and Crappy GM. Or else they are going to lose D12.

JPHX
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
not to mention the magic gave us a first rounder which landed us Aaron Brooks. Thanks orlando. I love you.

CowboysKB24
04-07-2011, 02:01 AM
His contract expires at the end of the season just a FYI!!!!

Thanks, I didn't know that, but you get my point.

sunsfan88
04-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Gortat is probably already the best center is Suns franchise history.

Nash does make him better on offense but he's still playinh good defense and rebounding the ball well without Nash'a help.

Thank You Orlando!!!!!!!!