PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody expect LeBron to announce where he was going on national television...

NetsPaint
03-29-2011, 09:50 PM
before it was announced he was going to?

I thought he would long before. Not a special, but I thought it was just gonna happen. I didn't think of it as an ego thing or even his idea. I pictured him at a podium, a post-game interview sort of set-up, announcing where he's gonna go. It was so hyped I thought it would happen.

It's funny cause I didn't even think it would be stupid. In fact I'm glad it was announced on TV (just not the way it was done). This isn't about if you disagree with what he did or not, I'm just curious if anybody thought of this before it was announced that he'd do that.

Hoopsadvocate
03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
ur a couple months to late.

DoMeFavors
03-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Your talking trash about a guy that did it for a good foundation the "boys and girls club" please just stop.

xxcubs22xx
03-29-2011, 09:54 PM
ur a couple months to late.

just a couple? :laugh2:

Fireworld
03-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Are we still talking about this??

tredigs
03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
It was the most hyped free agency in NBA history, so I was fairly certain it was going to be done live by him. Thought it was actually pretty cool that he decided to donate the millions in proceeds to charity (I didn't watch the actual show, which is where all the hate apparently came from?).

In reality, the majority of the hate is less likely to be stemming from HOW he made the decision, but rather many of the fans of the two largest fanbases (Chicago and New York) are using that as an excuse to fuel their hatred of him not joining their team.

These same Bulls fans who "HATE" Lebron and everything he stands for now are the same ones who had him donning a pseudo Bulls uniform in their sigs a very short while ago.

His "Q" rating is at the same level as Tiger Woods and Mike Vick - It's time for people to move on from what was a non-issue. All in all, he's a good guy who has never done an even remotely "evil" or abhorrently wrong thing that I'm aware.

IamKaiserSoze
03-29-2011, 09:56 PM
shouldn't this have been a thread about 9 months ago?

don't care. but it was his televised announcement that is the reason just about everyone who doesn't live in florida currently dislikes him.

xxcubs22xx
It was the most hyped free agency in NBA history, so I was fairly certain it was going to be done live by him. Thought it was actually pretty cool that he decided to donate the millions in proceeds to charity (I didn't watch the actual show, which is where all the hate apparently came from?).

In reality, the majority of the hate is less likely to be stemming from HOW he made the decision, but rather many of the fans of the two largest fanbases (Chicago and New York) are using that as an excuse to fuel their hatred of him not joining their team.

These same Bulls fans who "HATE" Lebron and everything he stands for now are the same ones who had him donning a pseudo Bulls uniform in their sigs a very short while ago.

Who are these Bulls fans that hate LeBron? I'd love to hear some names.

Hoopsadvocate
it was the most hyped free agency in nba history, so i was fairly certain it was going to be done live by him. Thought it was actually pretty cool that he decided to donate the millions in proceeds to charity (i didn't watch the actual show, which is where all the hate apparently came from?).

In reality, the majority of the hate is less likely to be stemming from how he made the decision, but rather many of the fans of the two largest fanbases (chicago and new york) are using that as an excuse to fuel their hatred of him not joining their team.

these same bulls fans who "hate" lebron and everything he stands for now are the same ones who had him donning a pseudo bulls uniform in their sigs a very short while ago.

preach!!

Punk
03-29-2011, 10:00 PM
I did. I expected it to be a Press Conference like you get in the NBA Finals. I didn't expect it to be a World Wide 1 hour show with only 30 minutes of hype and 30 minutes of dumb questions by ESPN.

LA_Raiders
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
lol, Cavs got some revenge tonite

Rndy
03-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Your talking trash about a guy that did it for a good foundation the "boys and girls club" please just stop.

That is such a cop out it's ridiclous. There are a million dif ways to help with Charity. You don't have to go on national tv and break the hearts of an entire state that loved you. But it was for charity! :rolleyes:

NetsPaint
03-29-2011, 10:04 PM
The reason I made this thread now is because back then there was a thousand LeBron threads.

ManRam
03-29-2011, 10:04 PM
We don't need to re-visit it something that happened half a year ago, all because LeBron just lost to his old team...especially since the thread is asking if we knew he would do what he did. Come on...