PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio's family says he could join Timberwolves

*Superman*
03-29-2011, 02:07 PM
A little birdie says the Timberwolves have received word from Ricky Rubio's family that he's open to signing with them for next season if there is a season.

The NBA's labor agreement expires June 30, and that's an issue for Rubio, the Wolves' 2009 first-round draft pick who could continue playing for FC Barcelona in Spain if there is an NBA lockout. The 6-foot-4 point guard is averaging 5.5 points and 4.0 assists in 45
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_17718195?nclick_check=1

He better I want to see this kid play. Something forward to look to as a T-Wolves fan!

John Walls Era
03-29-2011, 02:08 PM
I want to see him play too. All this hype...

danniboi168
03-29-2011, 02:33 PM
oo nice, cant wait to see him in the nba

jrm2054
03-29-2011, 02:35 PM
So much hype over 5 & 5 a game. Has he developed a jumper yet

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-29-2011, 02:46 PM
So much hype over 5 & 5 a game. Has he developed a jumper yet

dont get confused over euro numbers

WolvesJagsOs
03-29-2011, 02:47 PM
^Exactly, they mean basically nothing.

justinnum1
03-29-2011, 02:48 PM
:yawn:

AddiX
03-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't believe it, and I think he will be the biggest bust of any hyped foreign player ever.

Take Stephen curry, make him slower and weaker, give him less handle, take away his mid range and outside shot, teach a few fancy passes, give him long hair, you get Ricky Rubio.

A slow, unathletic player, who's only strength is passing the ball. This kid will get manhandled.

Klivlend
03-29-2011, 02:59 PM
This would be kind of like the T-Wolves drafting a point guard this year...ya, this joke is old, I know. I just wanted to make it first, haha.

thekmp211
03-29-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't believe it, and I think he will be the biggest bust of any hyped foreign player ever.

Take Stephen curry, make him slower and weaker, give him less handle, take away his mid range and outside shot, teach a few fancy passes, give him long hair, you get Ricky Rubio.

A slow, unathletic player, who's only strength is passing the ball. This kid will get manhandled.

if i recall correctly rubio did a great job of guarding rose in the FIBA championships. you are severely underrating his potential.

good for the wolves if its true. they need a starting caliber pg in the worst way.

PlezPlayDKnicks
03-29-2011, 03:05 PM

I doubt Rubio is weaker than Curry.. He has good size and Curry doesn't have court vision like Rubio. A high IQ player who's young and has upside is nothing to sneeze at . He may be overhyped but a lot of pg who are unathletic but can set up teammates are valuable in this league ...

WolvesJagsOs
03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
This would be kind of like the T-Wolves drafting a point guard this year...ya, this joke is old, I know. I just wanted to make it first, haha.

Its a strong possibility that the Wolves take Irving in the draft if he is the BAP on the Wolves board, and i would love it if he does end up coming out.

WolvesJagsOs
03-29-2011, 03:08 PM
I doubt Rubio is weaker than Curry.. He has good size and Curry doesn't have court vision like Rubio. A high IQ player who's young and has upside is nothing to sneeze at . He may be overhyped but a lot of pg who are unathletic but can set up teammates are valuable in this league ...

This.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2011, 03:09 PM

we are aware of your opinions. Seems most NBA players and coach's that have played against him couldn't disagree with you more.

Kobe; "Fastest hands I have seen in a while"

Ask Rose what he thinks of Rubio...

He has a totally elite skill in passing, and is a very good defender with an IQ off the charts. Keep doubting him dude.

WolvesJagsOs
03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
we are aware of your opinions. Seems most NBA players and coach's that have played against him couldn't disagree with you more.

He has a totally elite skill in passing, and is a very good defender with an IQ off the charts. Keep doubting him dude.

No doubt, but its PSD, home of "hate the Wolves". Everytime i see a Wolves topic, its always full of doubts and bashing the team.

RCarlson85
03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Who cares? He's so over-hyped. What a waste of a draft pick. I would put money on him coming over and just being nothing better than a decent back-up PG.

shep33
03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Who's Ricky Rubio?

JDMVP
03-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't believe the hype seriously, Ive learned it from one man, it was Juan Carlos Navarro. This guy was what? an mvp in the euro league, lights out scorer and all. He comes to the NBA and he didnt *****, sure he was a shooter but it was not like he was gonna help Memphis become a contender or something. He was a simple role player shooter in the NBA. He comes back to the Euro League, plays for Barcelona and again he is balling right now, he is avg 20 plus and all. Thats why I do not believe the Rubio hype but theres always but, who knows he might become an all star.....

Lake_Show2416
03-29-2011, 03:52 PM
I think he's coming to the NBA no doubt, but the Wolves r stupid for drafting 2 PGs.. if u draft Rubio take another position

CityofTreez
03-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Kahhnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Purple&Gold24
03-29-2011, 03:56 PM

This.
Still gotta see how he does.

AddiX
03-29-2011, 04:00 PM

I have rarely cared what coaches and players have said about prospects, these guys are so incredibly trained to say the polite thing it's ridiculous

And who cares what he did in fiba? There are a million players who do amazing in that tourney and don't even get an invite to try out for a NBA team.

No coach or player is ever going to publicly say "he has no first step, is a terrible jump shooter, no mid range, can't get to the hoop, he's weak, dribbles too high, and will get 0 respect from guards in the NBA."

That just doesn't sound nice, even if it's true.

Crackadalic
03-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Isnt he 6'4? If i recall jennings was terrible playing overseas but look at him now. Lets see how he plays in the nba first before we judge him on either a bust or a good nba player

RangersMets
03-29-2011, 04:23 PM
No doubt, but its PSD, home of "hate the Wolves". Everytime i see a Wolves topic, its always full of doubts and bashing the team.

lol im pretty sure just no one cares about the wolves - if you're complaining about the "hate" the wolves get then you should try clicking on some of the threads about the heat, knicks or lakers lol

thekmp211
03-29-2011, 04:40 PM
I have rarely cared what coaches and players have said about prospects, these guys are so incredibly trained to say the polite thing it's ridiculous

And who cares what he did in fiba? There are a million players who do amazing in that tourney and don't even get an invite to try out for a NBA team.

No coach or player is ever going to publicly say "he has no first step, is a terrible jump shooter, no mid range, can't get to the hoop, he's weak, dribbles too high, and will get 0 respect from guards in the NBA."

thats an awful lot of words to be putting into other peoples mouths. its your own opinion, not the unspoken universal truth. teams wouldn't be pining to invest millions of dollars in him if they didn't think his potential was genuine.

heatking
03-29-2011, 04:42 PM
next sergio rodriguez.

KmB728
03-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Just lace up the sneakers and play already... people act like this is the second coming of Stockton

Sly Guy
03-29-2011, 05:23 PM
hey, I'm happy if the wolves believe him to be a bust. Even if he is, I'd still pick up him. Busted Rubio is still an upgrade over Jose Calderon.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2011, 05:38 PM

You will have to pardon me for believing the scouting reports of numerous scouts, coach's, etc, that have actually watched him play more than 3 times, unlike you dude.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2011, 05:40 PM
lol im pretty sure just no one cares about the wolves - if you're complaining about the "hate" the wolves get then you should try clicking on some of the threads about the heat, knicks or lakers lol

I think his point is proven here....

I have honestly never seen a "bad" team get bashed as much as the Wolves in the main forums. But as I have told the Wolves board, if they ever get good, expect it to get really bad.

The Wolves board is actually one of the more active boards here if you take out the Knicks, Heat, Lakers, and Bulls dude. So yes, PLENTY of people care about the Wolves. If you don't then don't post on the subject.

WolvesJagsOs
03-29-2011, 05:43 PM

no doubt, they get hate, but the Wolves have to get nearly the most for a team that isnt in contention this year. Klove's 30-30 game and his streak for instance, all people said it seamed like was how he was a stat padder and stuff, i mean come on, those stats havent been seen in yrs, he is 5th in the league in win shares, and a top 5 guy in the league when it comes to efficiency.