PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction: Are the Sixers ready for an upset?

Heater4life
03-29-2011, 03:06 AM
After watching the Sixers play a very hard fought, relentless game against the Heat the other night; then watching them beat the Bulls I began to wonder. They have been on a tear lately and have stood toe to toe with the tougher teams in the league, is this team ready to upset a higher seeded team in the first round?

As it stands right now, Miami is set to face them in the first, and to be completely honest i rather not. They play relentless D and get out on the break. I think they can give any team a hell of a series. If Boston were to match up against them, do you think Philly's atleticism can give Boston trouble as did the Hawks a couple years back?

I think if theres any team primed for an upset its Philly.

Thoughts?

mjokc
03-29-2011, 03:08 AM
IMO the Sixers are the Bucks of last year. Young, high scoring scrappy team that can give anyone trouble on any night. However, in a 7 game series I do not see them upsetting any of the top seeds in the east. Miami would sweep the sixers in a series, 5 games max.

Lim
03-29-2011, 03:42 AM
After watching the Sixers play a very hard fought, relentless game against the Heat the other night; then watching them beat the Bulls I began to wonder. They have been on a tear lately and have stood toe to toe with the tougher teams in the league, is this team ready to upset a higher seeded team in the first round?

As it stands right now, Miami is set to face them in the first, and to be completely honest i rather not. They play relentless D and get out on the break. I think they can give any team a hell of a series. If Boston were to match up against them, do you think Philly's atleticism can give Boston trouble as did the Hawks a couple years back?

Thoughts?

no. and im a sixers fan. if anything it will be like when we faced Orlando couple years back and gave them a hell of a fight but still lost

abe_froman
03-29-2011, 03:53 AM
i dont see it,but i think they'll push whoever to 7

shep33
03-29-2011, 04:04 AM
I think Miami takes care of them in 5, Boston in 6. They matchup better against the Celts than they do with Miami. But either way they'll be hard earned 5 and 6 game series IMO. Philly will make you work for everything.

cubswin25
03-29-2011, 04:04 AM
They might take a series to six games against the Heat, Celtics or Bulls but won't beat them. They are a solid team, but don't anything better then those teams do. Tonight they caught the Bulls on a terrible night. They obviously weren't ready to start that game and got in a big hole. Yes the 76ers are pretty solid defensivly, but for the Bulls too only score 13 points, and for their defense to allow 27. Well that tells you they weren't playing at their best. In the playoffs a team like the Bulls or Celtics are gonna be fired up, and aren't gonna play like they have in recent loses to the 76ers. While they don't really match up well with the Heat at all.

Antipod
03-29-2011, 04:15 AM
They`ll make Heat/Celtics sweat, but i don`t see Philly reaching 2nd round.

ChiTownPacerFan
03-29-2011, 04:33 AM
There won't be any upsets in the playoffs. That is, no team lower than a 5 seed will win a series.

JiffyMix88
03-29-2011, 04:35 AM
idk i sure dont wanna play them in the playoffs i hope they continue to win and the knicks continue to lose

Heater4life
03-29-2011, 10:43 AM
I personally love their scrappy nature and their ability to get out on the break. Although I agree that what ever team they face will be better than them, I just think that in playoffs all it takes is for your team to be in a slump (no different than what the Heat had and what the Celts are going thru now) and the other team to be clicking (ala Sixers) and an upset is bound to happen.

Heater4life
03-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Idk just a casual observation of streaking team.

Crackadalic
03-29-2011, 10:57 AM
If the celtics fall to 3rd i can actually see them upsetting them but if the heat stay where there are then its heat in 5

blacknell
03-29-2011, 11:09 AM
fiction

Ezio
03-29-2011, 11:12 AM
They'll give hell but doubt it.

sep11ie
03-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Way to re-word a thread from yesterday...

Dragonzord
03-29-2011, 11:29 AM
They have a chance of an upset. It's not probable, but they are capable. The Sixers play good team ball, play good d, and are solid off the bench. Put that together with the great coaching they've been getting this year and they could upset a team in the first round.

allSUAVE
03-29-2011, 11:34 AM
FACT: they Would Upset Miami

Klivlend
03-29-2011, 11:42 AM

Thoughts?

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but nice discreet shot at the Bulls.:)

Burkey3472
03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Very small chance of upsetting one of the big boys. I think taking Miami/Boston to 6 games is very realistic for this scrappy team.........maybe 7 if they get some good bounces.

76erEaglePhils
03-29-2011, 11:45 AM
The Sixers have a very solid young team who can go toe to toe with any team in the league. From only winning 27 games last year to where they are now is quite impressive especially since they have no superstars on the team. At this point they won't upset anybody in the top 3 of the east but, if they can keep this core together and add a couple superstars when they get some cap relief in a few years they will be a very tough team.

bringbackfredex
03-29-2011, 11:46 AM

I'm a Sixers fan, but that is ridiculous. The only team we actually have a chance to upset in a 7 game series is Boston because of their age and the slide they've been on. We'd be able to put Iguodala on either Wade or LeBron, but after that we have absolutely no way to contain 2/3 of their stars.

Miami beats us in 5.
Chicago beats us in 6.
Boston goes 6 or 7 games with a chance that either team wins.

Tarheels23
03-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Fiction - they will end up playing either the Heat or Celtics and will not upset either

sjbirds
03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
hey since the 3-13 start we are 35-23... orl is 35-23...bos is 39-18.. so after that start we are on the same ground as some of the betters teams... not saying we will beat these teams but its very possible

uchiha
03-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Young teams with nothing to lose are pretty scary when you are a team with high expectations... could be another Dallas/Golden State all over again

danniboi168
03-29-2011, 12:06 PM
i think they can beat boston in a series, but not chicago or heat.

sixer04fan
03-29-2011, 12:20 PM
If the celtics fall to 3rd i can actually see them upsetting them but if the heat stay where there are then its heat in 5

Gotta agree. As a Sixers fan, I think our best shot is against Boston. It's a better matchup for us with a more realistic chance to win the series than if we were to face Miami. I also believe our confidence is much better against Boston. I don't mean any disrespect to Boston though, they are the better team, but we could potentially take them in a series. Miami would probably win in 5, I want nothing to do with them, I've seen enough of them this year.

On the outside chance we face Chicago or Orlando, here's my order of preference: Orlando > Boston > Chicago > Miami

ChitownSports16
03-29-2011, 12:21 PM

Dont know about all that...