PDA

View Full Version : knicks could eventually offer amare or melo for dwight howard

nyfinest4life
03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Knicks Could Eventually Offer Carmelo Or Amar'e For Howard
Mar 28, 2011 6:22 PM EDT

It wouldn’t be shocking at all if the New York Knicks make a play for Dwight Howard next season, perhaps offering either Amare Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony at trade deadline.

Howard can become a free agent after the 11-12 season, and the Magic will be nervously waiting for the NBA’s most dominant big man to make a decision.

If they don’t want to wait and risk losing him without compensation, the Magic could listen to trade offers for Howard next season.

Via Brian Schmitz/Orlando Sentinel

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Knicks are desperate already:shrug:

BallIsAll
03-28-2011, 08:04 PM
lol

John Walls Era
03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
:laugh2: that was a quick experiment.

Gators123
03-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah, how about no...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Howard can't shoot threes like Amare tough...

nyfinest4life
amare for howard!!!!come get some!! i would love it as a knicks fan. go knickssssss.

ManRam
03-28-2011, 08:29 PM
amare for howard!!!!come get some!! i would love it as a knicks fan. go knickssssss.

I'm sure all Donnie has to do is ask...

;)

nyfinest4life
03-28-2011, 08:30 PM
yuppppp

Fnom11
03-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't think the magic would take that. There's no way either of them would be contempt playing for the magic so it would seem pointless to take a player of that caliber unless he willingly wants to.

Lakers + Giants
03-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Howard and Amare?!?!? :hide: I bet Amare would become a good defensive player with howard there to help him out.

d00d
03-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Amare? with the 100 million contract? pahahahahahah, nobody will touch that overrated POS

BallIsAll
03-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Amare? with the 100 million contract? pahahahahahah, nobody will touch that overrated POS

this haha

nyfinest4life
03-28-2011, 08:48 PM
haha wateva u say bulls fan. amare is overrated?? so wat does that make boozer?? amare 25 ppg. haha

The Final Boss
03-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Mods have been getting their ***** kicked lately. Is this really worth a thread? You can insert any name from any team and tie it to a deadline move for a player not looking to re-sign. This is another case of a writer with a deadline pulling a name out of his *** for idiots to run with.

nyfinest4life
ballisall haha u have jr smith as ur icon. enough said lmao.

FlakeyFool
What a basketcase organization the Knicks are

Slimsim
03-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Amare played every game this year. wish i can same the same for boozer.

Slimsim
03-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Mods have been getting their ***** kicked lately. Is this really worth a thread. You can insert any name from any team and tie it to a deadline move for a player not looking to re-sign. This is another case of a writer with a deadline pulling a name out of his *** for idiots to run with.

Knicks related threads don't get closed. Even though it turns in to baiting. if it was miami you bet your *** this would be closed

nyfinest4life
03-28-2011, 08:54 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! slimsim is smart. thank u. boozer is hurt all the time so lets not talk bout waste of money n being overrated. boozer is a bum. amare all day

PhlyHighPhilly
03-28-2011, 09:18 PM

Unless I am mistaken (which I believe I am not), Amare has not played in EVERY game this season. And he is starting to slow down. That whole team is a mess to watch.

Badluck33
03-28-2011, 09:22 PM
and next year they could get Dwight, and the year after they can get Durant and then trade for Rose and then and then and then and then.

NO AND THEN!

Chill_Will_24
03-28-2011, 09:26 PM
If ORL trades D12 it will be to go into rebuilding. Getting Amare OR Melo on such contracts will not help them in any way... LAC didnt take Melo for Griffin so what makes ppl think ORL will do so for Howard. As far as Amare i doubt ORL would be willing to take him for Howard. Say what you want about Amare, how durable he has been and how good his stats look but those knees are still a risk at 100mil. If anything i can see MIA trading one of the big three for Dwight.

LA: Bynum+ pieces for Dwight
NJ: Lopez+ Humphries+ picks for Dwight
CHI: Noah+ Asik+ Gibson+ Charlotte pick

All those make way more sense imo... Young high upside players...

GoatMilk
03-28-2011, 09:26 PM
New York always comes out with these articles when the Knicks are playing the team that is involved in the article

like this abotu Dwight. Knicks playing the Magic
the Kobe story earlier about Kobe not practicing came from NY when the Knicks played the Lakers

OaklandsFinest
03-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Amare's numbers are inflated due to the system he is in... Amare is a very solid offense only pf. I would take him over Boozer.. I would however take Howard over both of those guys and keep Carmelo. If I were the Knicks I would fire D'Antoni after this season, and hire a guy like Mike Brown or a coach that has some defensive ideas. I would sign DeAndre Jordan, Jason Richardson, and Tracy McGrady or Tayshaun Prince.

jrm2054
03-28-2011, 09:45 PM
not happening

hgtiger32
03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
idk if its amare or melo or those two together. although i will say as talented of a team that melo had around him in denver i was surprised that they only made it to one conference finals and no finals appearences

bmd1101
03-28-2011, 09:58 PM
The Magic have plenty of bad contracts already, I doubt they would even consider taking on a 100mil contract. Besides if Howard goes anywhere it would be west.

tonydanza87
03-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I have been reading this site for years without signing up, enjoying the good and ignoring the bad but some of you 12 year olds need to read I.E. "Via Brian Schmitz/Orlando Sentinel" Neither the Knicks nor there writers are putting out this information, it is from Orlando's side and its pure speculation at that.

shep33
03-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Orlando won't deal him within the east, if by any chance he gets dealt, it'll be to the western conference.

Geargo Wallace
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Orlando would take this? Neither Melo nor Amare could lead a bunch of scrubs half as well as Dwight does.

allSUAVE
03-28-2011, 11:00 PM
WwwwwwwwoooooooooowwwwwwwwW :facepalm:

nycericanguy
03-28-2011, 11:01 PM
New York always comes out with these articles when the Knicks are playing the team that is involved in the article

like this abotu Dwight. Knicks playing the Magic
the Kobe story earlier about Kobe not practicing came from NY when the Knicks played the Lakers

I guess you missed the "via Orl sentinal" part?

its speculation but theres an article to it so its a worthy thread

blastmasta26
03-28-2011, 11:22 PM
With the way we trade for superstars, Orlando would probably get Amare, Melo, Fields, Douglas and Billups for Howard alone.

oak2455
03-28-2011, 11:24 PM

Boozer:confused::facepalm:

oak2455
03-28-2011, 11:26 PM

:clap::clap::clap: Boozer great signing:rolleyes:

CowboysKB24
03-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Knicks Could Eventually Offer Carmelo Or Amar'e For Howard
Mar 28, 2011 6:22 PM EDT

It wouldn’t be shocking at all if the New York Knicks make a play for Dwight Howard next season, perhaps offering either Amare Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony at trade deadline.

Howard can become a free agent after the 11-12 season, and the Magic will be nervously waiting for the NBA’s most dominant big man to make a decision.

If they don’t want to wait and risk losing him without compensation, the Magic could listen to trade offers for Howard next season.

Via Brian Schmitz/Orlando Sentinel

I doubt it.

A lot would need to happen if Howard were to go to the Knicks. They would be so dominate. I would like to see it. Great big 3 to go against the Heat big 3.

Melo and STAT would need to restructure their contracts to like 8-9 million a year and so would Dwight, if that is even possible. Dwight would have to want to go there. Knicks really need a new coach, not Dwight. They need some defensive players and a point guard. Dwight would be nice, just not realistic.

CowboysKB24
03-28-2011, 11:41 PM
With the way we trade for superstars, Orlando would probably get Amare, Melo, Fields, Douglas and Billups for Howard alone.

All of those guys traded are replaceable. Although, it would have been nice to keep at least one or two of them. I like Wilson Chandler. Felton fits good in a D'antoni system, but he is going to be gone soon. They really need a defensive minded coach. 106 point per game is awful. They will be done first round if they keep it up.

allSUAVE
03-28-2011, 11:43 PM
It gets me mad that y'all would entertain doing that LML.

danniboi168
03-28-2011, 11:52 PM
messed up to amare.

NYYCowboys
03-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Oh just close this. This isn't happening, and it's causing so much Knicks baiting.

LEBRON JAMES IS GAY! WADE IS OVERRATED! BOSH IS A LAP DOG!

Now maybe they'll close it.

allSUAVE
03-28-2011, 11:55 PM

This, wow got to love PSD :laugh2:

allSUAVE
03-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Playing to be a Knick fan ,Like any Knick fan or anybody would give up Melo and Stat for Dwight :laugh2: got to love PSD man .

AirJordanXVIII
03-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Knicks are desperate already:shrug:

Well ****ing put.

tonydanza87
03-29-2011, 12:28 AM
cant anyone read? "Via Brian Schmitz/Orlando Sentinel" It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Knicks management, writers or fans, its from the ORLANDO SENTINEL for christ sake.

Evolution23
03-29-2011, 12:52 AM
and next year they could get Dwight, and the year after they can get Durant and then trade for Rose and then and then and then and then.

NO AND THEN!

no thanks I like real PG's not ball hogs

Evolution23
03-29-2011, 12:54 AM
LOL @ the haters getting mad at something that didn't happen yet. You idiots got nothing better to do with your lives than to hate?

Savage Sunday
03-29-2011, 02:04 AM
Not happening.

I dont see Dwight joining the Knicks anyways.

beardown78
03-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Boozer:confused::facepalm:

I'm glad that 25 ppg you're getting from Amare is leading A sub 500 team to the playoffs. Lmao

sunsfan88
03-29-2011, 02:31 AM
Trading Amare would be betraying him. He signed with them and brought them up from being a complete dump. This is how they repay him for that?

Trading Melo would just be a classless act because Melo ditched Denver so he can play with NY. He wanted to play in MSG so badly that he went through that whole drama. Trading him after he does all that?

It would just be a mess if they traded either player.

And does anyone here actually think Howard wants to play for D'Antoni? Dwight has been learning and embracing defense for the past 6 years and now he's fine with going into an offense only system? I doubt it.

If he's leaving Orlando it would only be for either New Orleans or New Jersey. Maybe Houston too but I doubt it.

towlsmoke420
03-29-2011, 02:33 AM
Thats why I wished we kept our pieces such as gali,chandler,felton, and who ever it was. because they couldv traded for howard and sign anthony free agent

but yeah i like bynum n brown for howard and jj

Evolution23
03-29-2011, 02:34 AM
The point is nobody is trading Melo or Amare. Just because some idiot brought up the idea doesn't mean it holds any ground.

towlsmoke420
03-29-2011, 02:34 AM
Trading Amare would be betraying him. He signed with them and brought them up from being a complete dump. This is how they repay him for that?

Trading Melo would just be a classless act because Melo ditched Denver so he can play with NY. He wanted to play in MSG so badly that he went through that whole drama. Trading him after he does all that?

It would just be a mess if they traded either player.

And does anyone here actually think Howard wants to play for D'Antoni? Dwight has been learning and embracing defense for the past 6 years and now he's fine with going into an offense only system? I doubt it.

If he's leaving Orlando it would only be for either New Orleans or New Jersey. Maybe Houston too but I doubt it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :dance:

lakerboy
03-29-2011, 02:38 AM
There are only 3 teams that can trade for Dwight IMO.

The Bulls with Noah as their centerpiece
The Nets with Lopez as their centerpiece
The Lakers with Bynum as their centerpiece

IMO the Nets have the best offer, but Dwight will have his choice where to go. If he goes to the Nets there are no guarantees they'll be a championship team. Remember, he won't be traded to a team where he will not resign. Just look what happened to Melo.

If yall have time, you should watch this video of Dwight Howard saying who he wants to play with. Yall should check it out.. This was in the Laker forum before, and it gave everybody goosebumps. This is for real, no rumors, it's D12 in the video saying to the camera "I want to play with no. 24."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA&feature=player_embedded

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-29-2011, 03:06 AM
haha wateva u say bulls fan. amare is overrated?? so wat does that make boozer?? amare 25 ppg. haha

Only thing about you care is ppg:laugh2:

Too bad Amare can't play even a lick of defense

mjokc
03-29-2011, 03:11 AM
OKC will trade orlando Thabo Sefolosha + Cole Aldrich for Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson. :)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-29-2011, 03:13 AM
This, wow got to love PSD :laugh2:

Well its true, hell no nobody wants that contract.

LA_Raiders
03-29-2011, 03:24 AM
lol, I dont think so... He doesnt like cold wather also...

NY has a great future. Melo & Amare are great, they just need some role players and they will be in the top with Chi & Mia, Sorry Boston but this is your last year...

mjokc
03-29-2011, 03:29 AM
lol, I dont think so... He doesnt like cold wather also...

NY has a great future. Melo & Amare are great, they just need some role players and they will be in the top with Chi & Mia, Sorry Boston but this is your last year...

Not sure about that, with the addition of Nenad Krstic and Jeff Green to the roster, Celtics are a very dangerous team for years to come. Nenad Krstic can hit a 15 foot jumper like a pro. Who cares if he gets abused by any opposing big man with both legs. And Jeff Green is very dangerous, he will hit a 3 pointer at any moment. Sure he may have to shoot 10 to hit one but still he's dangerous and a future all star. Just Imagine how scary Boston will be when Shaq returns? He is only a few days away from being able to take off his walking boot and is also said to have lost his titties during the injury. Not to mention they have Delonte West comming off the bench who can injure himself by reaching for some toilet paper. Don't sleep on the Celtics man, you will regret it.

Mcdoh
03-29-2011, 03:37 AM
i doubt.. they sacrifice so much for melo so they would trade melo for howard.. amare for howard could happen..