PDA

View Full Version : After reading, Will Deron Williams Commit to the Nets?

allSUAVE
03-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Once again, PG Deron Williams is making clear that, though the Nets are confident that they will be able to re-sign their star point guard after trading for him in February, he has not made a decision on his future.

Deron Williams says he is having productive conversations with Nets management. (AP Photo)
How can you commit to something you just got into? I just got here, Williams told the New York Daily News. I havent even been here a month. How can I just say Im going to stay here? Thatll be great because that's what people want to hear, but I cant say that.

Williams did say he has had productive conversations with the front office, though. You can definitely tell their objective is to keep me here, Williams told the paper. Ive had a lot of good conversations. I met with Dmitry Razumov (Prokhorov's chief aide) and Mr. Prokhorov. They're pretty much keeping me in the loop. I've never been a free agent so, I mean, at some point I'm probably going to become a free agent.

Williams was traded by the Jazz just before the trading deadline in a surprise move, as the Nets sought to secure a superstar in the wake of losing out on SF Carmelo Anthony. Williams has missed the last five games with a wrist injury for the Nets, but is averaging 14.8 points and 13.1 assists in New Jersey. He also addressed the persistent rumors out of Utah that his clashes with coach Jerry Sloan caused Sloan to resign last month.

I was doomed from the start, Williams said. Ive already cleared it. Ive said it and (Sloan) had a press conference and said it wasnt because of me. I dont know what else people need to hear. Do they want to believe sources or do they want to choose to believe the two guys that were there?

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-03-27/deron-williams-is-keeping-his-options-open#ixzz1HuInrtw4

Q_bully
03-28-2011, 11:23 AM
I say No for 3 reasons:

He's from Dallas Texas
Jason Kidd is Aging
And Mark Cuban.

BigCityofDreams
03-28-2011, 11:41 AM
All depends on if they can sell him on it. One thing is clear he's keeping his options open whether it's to stay or leave.

oak2455
03-28-2011, 11:45 AM
I would say no but a lot can happen between now and when he's a FA..... also can the Nets build a team around him? we shall see:D

King P
03-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Too early to tell

jrm2054
03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
maybe

Slimsim
03-28-2011, 12:25 PM
why not

dhopisthename
03-28-2011, 12:26 PM
thats why the jazz traded him he so is noncommittal it is annoying

danniboi168
03-28-2011, 12:45 PM
lol derons answers are so straightforward i like it.

Chill_Will_24
03-28-2011, 01:49 PM
It depends on what the Nets do... Its definitely not a given. In many ways they took a bigger gamble than the Knicks. Yes the Knicks overpaid for a player that doesnt work in their system but Melo is still a talented scorer that combined with Amare can be deadly in time. However the Nets as of now overpaid also seeing as the Knicks actually have their star locked long term.

It depends on what happens between now and next season. If the Magic blow it i can definitely see Howard being traded. Reports indicate that playing with Deron is gaining appeal to him.

In his chat earlier Friday, ESPN's Ric Bucher wrote this about Dwight Howard's next address:

"I don't see any way Dwight would consider going to Chicago. He wants his own stage and a big one. The latest I've heard on that is that he's wavering on the Lakers as his preferred destination -- not sure Kobe will have enough left in the tank to grow with him. Scratch Miami and New York from his list as well. The idea of joining forces with Deron in NJ/Brooklyn, I'm told, is gaining appeal."

Howard has declined to discuss where he's headed in free agency in 2012 (or in a trade before then), saying he is happy in Orlando and wants to win a championship there.

•Chat: Chat with Ric Bucher - Rich Bucher - ESPN

Of course this is all speculative but DWill and Dwight would instantly be a top 3 team in the east. So it really depends on how the Nets play this. They could easily drop the ball and wind up having to trade DWill to DAL, HOU or even ORL

Evolution23
03-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Deron is not staying in Brooklyn and Dwight doesn't like the cold weather so the Nets might get screwed out of this deal.

BigCityofDreams
03-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Deron is not staying in Brooklyn and Dwight doesn't like the cold weather so the Nets might get screwed out of this deal.

If he doesn't resign I wonder what their next course of action is?

b_russ
03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
He wants to win and he wants to play in a system that best suites him. He might be the only player under 30 on the team if he chooses Dallas. They'll need to get some younger assets to make their future seem appealing.

allSUAVE
03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
If he doesn't resign I wonder what there next course of action is?

They better have a plan B. And don't be cocky with it.

Because Mark Cuban is like a Pat Riley in popularity Around the league

BigCityofDreams
03-29-2011, 11:34 AM
They better have a plan B. And don't be cocky with it.

Because Mark Cuban is like a Pat Riley in popularity Around the league

Yea I can see Cuban looking to make a splash and setting up the team for a transition with Deron as the main piece.