PDA

View Full Version : 5 starters for US olympic team in 2012?

mballa22191
03-27-2011, 11:48 PM
1-Rose(maybe Paul has a shot..)
2-Kobe/Wade(good battle)
3-Lebron(will start whether its 3 or 4)
4-Amare/Durant(a true battle)
5-Dwight(starter)

I'll say

Rose
Kobe
Durant
LeBron
Dwight

Cano4prez
03-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Rose
Wade
LeBron
??????
Dwight

210Don
03-27-2011, 11:51 PM
kobe? still? dont know about that

Baller1
03-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Rose/CP3
Wade
Durant
Lebron
Dwight

marlinsfan24
03-27-2011, 11:59 PM
I doubt Wade would have an issue of coming off of the bench like he did last time.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-28-2011, 12:00 AM

of course its kobe, he said he'll play and no ****ing way he comes off the bench

mballa22191
03-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Yeah I was thinking that no way Kobe would come off bench. He prob should though

Bravo95
03-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Rose
Wade
Bryant
James
Howard

210Don
03-28-2011, 12:05 AM
of course its kobe, he said he'll play and no ****ing way he comes off the bench

why?:confused:

Master Mind
03-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Rose/Paul
Durant/Wade
James/Melo
Amare/Griffin
Howard/Chandler

I think Kobe sits out

DwayneMVPwade
03-28-2011, 12:14 AM
PG-Rose
SG- Wade
SF- Lebron
PF- Bosh
C- Dwight

I think that if one of the miami big 3 goes, all of them goes.

CHANGO
03-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Rose/Paul
Wade/Kobe
Durant/Melo
Lebron/Amare or Griffin or Bosh/Love
Dwight/Chandler

Kobe should come off the bench.

COBY KARL
03-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Sorry but if Kobe signs up to play no way is he sitting on the bench, he'll start for sure just because he's a veteran. Much like when Jason Kidd started over cp3 in 08

John Walls Era
03-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Amare? Rather have Bosh or Love. Amare wants to be the main scorer and hasn't shown that he can be a second fiddle.

PG-Rose
SG- Wade
SF- Lebron
PF- Bosh
C- Dwight

I like this one, but I'm not sure Wade will want to play. TBH I'm not sure any of these players (outside Rose and Howard) want to be there.

Crackadalic
03-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Doesnt really matter who starts. We have more stars in this league then ever before. Take half of the A rated stars and half of the B rated stars and we'll still win gold

PurpleJesus28
03-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Doesnt really matter who starts. We have more stars in this league then ever before. Take half of the A rated stars and half of the B rated stars and we'll still win gold

agreed, i think the league is stacked right now in terms of talent. as long as we play as a team i dont see there being a problem with who we take and who starts/sits.

rose/cp3 - maybe westbrook? if rondo picks up his offensive game he'd thrive with these players, dunno how well his game translates to the international level though
kobe/wade
durant/melo
james/love
dwight/chandler

_KB24_
03-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Rose?? Really? I think he would have a tough time making the rotation.

Paul
Kobe
Durant
Bron
Dwight

Wade was beautiful off the bench in 08, I don't see why he would not do the same. Paul is a much more orthodox PG than Rose, and I think it's pretty much a given he starts.

theheatles
03-28-2011, 12:44 AM
we all should say **** the ******** and put out a starting lineup of:
PG: LeBron
SG: Durant
SF: Odom
PF: Amare
C: Dwight

USA!

Allstar21
03-28-2011, 12:47 AM
i think dirk should start at PF

theheatles
03-28-2011, 12:52 AM
hmmm...the trap is set

Hawkeye15
03-28-2011, 12:52 AM
after seeing what Love did in FIBA play last summer, and factoring in his skillset, you are insane to leave him out.

Paul/Rose/Curry
Kobe/Wade
Durant/LeBron/Iggy
Love/Griffin/Odom
Howard/Horford

Purple&Gold24
03-28-2011, 01:00 AM

youll see buddy.

Purple&Gold24
03-28-2011, 01:01 AM
after seeing what Love did in FIBA play last summer, and factoring in his skillset, you are insane to leave him out.

Paul/Rose/Curry
Kobe/Wade
Durant/LeBron/Iggy
Love/Griffin/Odom
Howard/Horford

so your saying Kobe starts? :eyebrow:
Is there a catch?
I mean i would expect you to say wade or something.

bulls_world23
03-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Rose/Cp3
Wade/kobe
James/durant
Blake/love
Howard

LA_Raiders
03-28-2011, 01:54 AM
CP3/Rose/DWill
Kobe/Wade
LeBroom/Melo/Odom
Amare/Durant/Griff
Dwight/Bynum/Love

magic0320
03-28-2011, 02:21 AM

Paul/Rose/Curry
Kobe/Wade
Durant/LeBron/Iggy
Love/Griffin/Odom
Howard/Horford

Love????? starting?????? :facepalm:
ahhaahhahhhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahha :D:D:D:D

Bulls_fan90
03-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Rose/cp3
Wade/Kobe
Durant/Melo
Lebron/Blake
Dwight/Amare

Evolution23
03-28-2011, 02:43 AM
2012 Kobe should slow down a lil bit right? Thats 2 more full seasons plus the playoffs. No way he will be starting over Wade at that point.

Evolution23
03-28-2011, 02:46 AM
we all should say **** the ******** and put out a starting lineup of:
PG: LeBron
SG: Durant
SF: Odom
PF: Amare
C: Dwight

USA!

You sure you can't find another sf at that position? And Durant does not play SG! He would get killed on the defensive end by quicker guards.

Hellcrooner
03-28-2011, 03:09 AM
the best player at each position in NCAA.

You can bet your *** that if theres a SEASON lock out owners WONT allow nba players to play the olympics.

JPHX
03-28-2011, 03:22 AM
i dont see Amare ever on team usa just because of the whole insuring of his knees issue. hes getting paid way to much to go down with an injury in international play. had the same problem when he was back with the suns.

Bruno
03-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Paul/Rose/Williams
Wade/Durant
Bryant/Melo
James/Blake/Odom
Dwight/Amare

Furymaker
03-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Damn , I'd like to see same team as last year , don't want all those stars in one team .
Rose/CP3/Westbrook
Wade/Kobe/Gordon
Durant/Melo/Iggy
Lebron/Griffin/Love
Dwight/Chandler/D.Cousins ?

I'm sure more than 10 of those players will be there .

Heediot
03-28-2011, 08:12 AM

you must be of the younger generation.

edit: dream team one had waaay more stars. plus guys like hakeem, shaq, isiah thomas, worthy, dominique, tim hardaway, mitch richmond, alonzo mourning, rodman, webber, reggie miller, kevin johnson, gary payton, shawn kemp, and joe dumars were not on the squad.

I think this late 80's early 90's era era was the pinnacle of NBA talent imho.

jeter4president
03-28-2011, 08:30 AM
The question that really intrigues me isn't who starts, but who finishes. If they're in a close game, which might not happen lol, who plays? Do wade and melo sit? They're two of the most clutch we have. Does lebron play the 5 and Dwight sit? Does lebron sit?

warfelg
03-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I would love to see a starting group (bold) and reserves with guys like:
Rose/Westbrook/Wall
Bryant/Wade/Gordon
Durant/James/Iggy
Griffin/Melo/Love
Howard/Chandler

Bringing Wade/James/Melo in with the second unit would be such and advantage over the oppositions presumably weaker benches. Also in the Bejing Olympics Melo played the 4 spot and it worked out very well for us, so I could see it happening again.

Hustlenomics
03-28-2011, 09:51 AM
by then Rondo should have a consistent jumpshot and be the best point guard in the NBA him or Cp3 starting!

Crackadalic
03-28-2011, 10:12 AM

edit: dream team one had waaay more stars. plus guys like hakeem, shaq, isiah thomas, worthy, dominique, tim hardaway, mitch richmond, alonzo mourning, rodman, webber, reggie miller, kevin johnson, gary payton, shawn kemp, and joe dumars were not on the squad.

I am of the younger generation and i already know that the 80's and 90's had wayyy more talented players and stars. What i mean was the last couple of years we have more talent then before

johnnychan
03-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Paul
Bryant
Durant
Lebron
Howard

Tarheels23
03-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Paul
Bryant
James
Aldridge
Howard

Bench:
Williams
Wade
Durant
Love
Bynum

ChitownSports16
03-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Rose/cp3
Wade/Kobe
Durant/Melo
Lebron/Blake
Dwight/Amare

I like this team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-28-2011, 10:33 AM
why?:confused:

Kobe Bryant ain't coming off the bench, simple as that

lol

chitown815
03-28-2011, 10:46 AM
I would rather have

Rose
Wade
James
Bosh
Dwight

Just remember alot of the bigs in the international leagues, are thinner and spread the court, like Bosh, the only reason Bosh has not played to his potential in Miami yet is because they need a better stopper at the 5

but Rose would distribute, he wishes he could in Chicago, but Boozer really isnt fitting in and Deng does good but he is more of a slasher, that is best suited at creating his own shots. No PF besides Dirk, when on, can nail those 18 footers like Bosh, and the rest should be obvious Dwade has passed Kobe, with the Decline/ incline line.

also with a bench centered around
Westbrook, Kobe, Durant, Blake (even though I prefer Lamarcus Aldridge over Blake and Kevin Love if your trying to win) and C idk Al Jefferson? Brooke Lopez? lol i forgot Lopez is international maybe tyson

mballa22191
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
by then Rondo should have a consistent jumpshot and be the best point guard in the NBA him or Cp3 starting!

Yeah right Rondo vs Paul... Drose wont be considered... lol He started in 2010 and hes the MVP.. come on man be real

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-28-2011, 11:23 AM
If Melo plays, He'll be a starter, Melo game is perfect for the euro-style and we've all witnessed that the last 6 years.

chitown815
03-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Rondo isnt even a top 15 guard, he is a less athletic Brandon Jennings with a bunch of hall of famers

swirl54
03-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Rose
Wade
LeBron
??????
Dwight

Boozer

LMAO JKJK

NYKalltheway
03-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Westbrook/Rose
Kobe/Wade/Gordon
Durant/Melo/Iguodala
Love/Griffin
Howard/Chandler

swirl54
03-28-2011, 11:31 AM

LOL Rondo is extremely overrated and got sent home from USA BB already LOL keep dreaming.

Shonuff
03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Rose?? Really? I think he would have a tough time making the rotation.

Paul
Kobe
Durant
Bron
Dwight

Wade was beautiful off the bench in 08, I don't see why he would not do the same. Paul is a much more orthodox PG than Rose, and I think it's pretty much a given he starts.

Rose's game actually translates very well in the international game. It's much more physical. If anything, I would say Paul's doesn't translate as well because he is smaller.

sep11ie
03-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I like the OP's.

Rose/Kobe/Durant/LeBron/Dwight

Ladies Man16
03-28-2011, 11:45 AM
PG: Rose
SG:Bryant
SF: Durant
PF:James
C:Howard

MGB
03-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm surprised not to see more Rondo love here... Rondo's traditional PG skillset could be a nice complement to an all-star caliber lineup and while I wouldn't argue him starting over Rose or CP3, he'd almost definitely be in my rotation.

chitown815
03-28-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm surprised not to see more Rondo love here... Rondo's traditional PG skillset could be a nice complement to an all-star caliber lineup and while I wouldn't argue him starting over Rose or CP3, he'd almost definitely be in my rotation.

:facepalm:

MGB
03-28-2011, 11:57 AM
:facepalm:

Care to elaborate? Logic never hurts? I know he got bounced last games, but he's still the kind of elite distributor you should want to have around a monster cast like we'll have put together.

And I know the thread said "starters," but I was expanding a bit more. Obviously my starting PG would be Rose or CP3...

Tarheels23
03-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Care to elaborate? Logic never hurts? I know he got bounced last games, but he's still the kind of elite distributor you should want to have around a monster cast like we'll have put together.

And I know the thread said "starters," but I was expanding a bit more. Obviously my starting PG would be Rose or CP3...

He just hates Rondo because he loves Rose. But your logic is on point I think. With so many scorers on the roster you need facilitators and distributors. That is why Rondo, Paul and even a player like Billups will be important on the olympic team.

Heediot
03-28-2011, 12:10 PM
melo has been the Starting PF the last two times he was on the team. Many would argue he has been one of the best players on those teams. He would definetly challenge for the starting PF job in 2012.

MTar786
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM

not really.. because some of those players were either old n washed up or still too young at the time. if ur naming players at their primes from any given time from the late 80s and 90s i can do the same for the 00's

tmac
kobe
duncan
kg
ray allen
pierce
shaq
payton
malone
carter
dwight
arenas
redd
lebron
wade
bosh
dirk
durant
webber
peja
yao
hill
nash
cp3
dwill
kidd
melo
amare
spreewel
rose
sheed
reggie
artest
jermaine oneal
ginobli
parker
iverson
etc etc etc...

Hawkeye15
03-28-2011, 01:45 PM
so your saying Kobe starts? :eyebrow:
Is there a catch?
I mean i would expect you to say wade or something.

unless he has a good fall off before then, he is a better fit in the Olympic offense, and his defense is plenty good enough.

By the way, I can't believe I left Melo off. While I think he is slightly overrated in the NBA, he crushes it in FIBA. I am short a spot anyways, he gets it.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Love????? starting?????? :facepalm:
ahhaahhahhhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahha :D:D:D:D

you must have missed the FIBA competition this last summer.

Many of you need to understand that it will be FIBA rules, and international skillsets are needed, and Love showed that as a 3-4th option, in those rules, and that game, he may be our best big man period.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2011, 01:49 PM

because he is a complete liability with his shooting. Its been shown time and time again, if you send PG's that can't shoot, they will get exploited quickly by zone defense.

avsman05
03-28-2011, 02:10 PM
You guys are forgetting Melo was the best player at the last Olympics and Kobe says he'll play but has no knees so I don't see him playing many minutes so

Rose
Wade
Lebron
Melo
Howard

chitown815
03-28-2011, 02:34 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/442921-usa-basketball-why-did-rajon-rondo-withdraw-from-team-usa

he can't play without his hall of famers spreading the court for him, he can only play in that system, he is overrated, have you watched the celtics this year?

chitown815
03-28-2011, 02:43 PM
He just hates Rondo because he loves Rose. But your logic is on point I think. With so many scorers on the roster you need facilitators and distributors. That is why Rondo, Paul and even a player like Billups will be important on the olympic team.

yes Rose is my favorite :clap: but I also know there are too many better options than Rondo
Westbrook
Rose
Wall
Chris Paul
DWill
wade (even at pg)
Raymond Felton

this could take all night
Lebron at point
Charlie Sheen
Charles Barkley
Lisa Leslie

brad33240
03-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Mballa, CP3 has to start over Rose. His game is better for the international game.

And, although Wade is better, I do like Kobe starting and Wade coming off the bench and running ****.

I like the rest... but I would throw Melo in at PF.

chitown815
03-28-2011, 03:03 PM
:badidea:
Mballa, CP3 has to start over Rose. His game is better for the international game.

And, although Wade is better, I do like Kobe starting and Wade coming off the bench and running ****.

Tarheels23
03-28-2011, 03:51 PM
yes Rose is my favorite :clap: but I also know there are too many better options than Rondo
Westbrook
Rose
Wall
Chris Paul
DWill
wade (even at pg)
Raymond Felton

this could take all night
Lebron at point
Charlie Sheen
Charles Barkley
Lisa Leslie

Wow... I dont even like Rondo, but most of you Bulls fans are seriously ********

Furymaker
03-28-2011, 03:57 PM
how some of you guys don't understand shooting is the most important thing in Europe/international basketball , and Rondo is the worst option for this team .
Guy who is shooting 50% from FT and has no jumper can't play in Europe/Olympics .
They will just play zone D and that's where Rondo is gone , that Lithuania game proved it .
CP3 and Rose would be best options there , CP3 has sick passing and can shoot while playing good D , Rose would give them more aggressive game , can penetrate at will and you will not stop him playing zone - because he can shoot , his D is good but he's not taking that much risk for steals as CP3 does .

mballa22191
03-28-2011, 04:11 PM

Ill give you Melo but im sticking with my guy Drose at point. We will see..

koetravis
03-28-2011, 04:31 PM
i think mcgee should be the back up center.

theheatles
03-28-2011, 04:37 PM
how some of you guys don't understand shooting is the most important thing in Europe/international basketball , and Rondo is the worst option for this team .
Guy who is shooting 50% from FT and has no jumper can't play in Europe/Olympics .
They will just play zone D and that's where Rondo is gone , that Lithuania game proved it .
CP3 and Rose would be best options there , CP3 has sick passing and can shoot while playing good D , Rose would give them more aggressive game , can penetrate at will and you will not stop him playing zone - because he can shoot , his D is good but he's not taking that much risk for steals as CP3 does .

roses shooting sucks too...it's not nearly as god awful as rondos but rose would be exploited because he wouldn't be the number 1 scoring option like he is on the bulls and rose is erratic compared to paul and deron. they are much better options than rose when it comes to international/olympic play play

Chi StateOfMind
03-28-2011, 04:53 PM
PG:Rose
SG:Wade
SF: Durant
PF:LeBron
C: Howard

njnets
03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
rose
bryant
durant
james
howard

the bench would be up to debate. i see the obvious ones in wade, anthony, paul/williams (idk if both would be on the roster again bc rose will play a lot more minutes than kidd).

the bigs have an open race. bosh, stoudemire, love and odom made a mark this year. chandler the same thing. i think the best thing would be to do what they did in 08, which is only one legitimate big man in at a time.

EDIT: i think wade will be surpassing bryant at that time, but it will similar to kidd's situation in 08. veteran presence starting on the team. wade will get a bulk of the minutes. but bryant will start.