PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Raps open to moving Andrea Bargnani?

MagicBucsSox
03-27-2011, 06:03 PM
It's rumored that the Raptors are open to moving center Andrea Bargnani, who has been anything but an impact player since entering the league in 2007 as the No. 1 overall pick.

They reportedly want to build the team around rookie big-man Ed Davis and second-year guard DeMar DeRozan.

Via Mitch Lawrence/New York

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/03/26/2011-03-26_if_donnie_walsh_is_let_go_by_knicks_dont_be_sho cked_to_see_him_back_in_indiana_i.html?page=1

Gram
03-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Well they better start playing him in position rather than at the five cuz he's not playing that great there. ;)

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 06:10 PM
:dance:

tromo9
03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
the guy blows

bigsams50
03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
He's a center that only averages 5 rebounds a game. And shoots a low percentage for franchise big man. Not surprised by this

AddiX
03-27-2011, 06:12 PM
I bet he's mike ds favorite player in the NBA. After we fire him I feel bad for whoever gets mike next, barbs is coming too for sure. Barg might shoot 20 3s a game with mike as hc.

ManRam
03-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Wise move. He'd be a good fit on some teams, but not Toronto. He can't play center...and he can't be a team's best player.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
I bet he's mike ds favorite player in the NBA. After we fire him I feel bad for whoever gets mike next, barbs is coming too for sure. Barg might shoot 20 3s a game with mike as hc.

apparently if Triano isn't back, Dantoni is gonna be a serious candidate for us:facepalm:

what do you guys think his value is? there's been alot of debate about it in the Raps forum. some think he's worth a lottery pick, others (me) think he's worth a mid first.

DwayneMVPwade
03-27-2011, 06:16 PM
:dance:

this, on nights when his offensive is off, he is one of the worst players on our team and probably league

NYtilIdie
03-27-2011, 06:20 PM
It took them this long to realize he isn't a franchise player?

Every time I think of the Raps, I think of Andrea and automatically the word "soft" enters my mind.

I really like Ed Davis and Derozen is becoming a better all-around player this year, so its a smart move to build around those two.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
It took them this long to realized he isn't a franchise player?

Every time I think of the Raps, I think of Andrea and automatically the word "soft" enters my mind.

I really like Ed Davis and Derozen is becoming a better all-around player this year, so its a smart move to build around those two.

in our defense, it was his first year to carry the torch. we had to give him a shot since he's a #1 overall pick. it'd be stupid to just assume he couldn't do it and not give him a chance.

AddiX
03-27-2011, 06:31 PM
apparently if Triano isn't back, Dantoni is gonna be a serious candidate for us:facepalm:

what do you guys think his value is? there's been alot of debate about it in the Raps forum. some think he's worth a lottery pick, others (me) think he's worth a mid first.

Well mike d is still under contract, not sure how any rumors could be out there that you guys like mike as a future hc.

And if it is true, bargs aint going anywhere, when we play you guys he looks at barga like a girl with a grade school crush. When he talks about him, he blushes.

It's hard to put a value on bargs because only coaches like mike d could really want him as a key piece. Most other teams would prob use him in situations and as a bench guy.

Rapsjaysleafs
03-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I think he would be a good fit beside a legit big. Maybe send him to the Pacers?

M.Bibby2.0
03-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Living in Ontario I've heard so much of "He's the next Dirk" talk in his first few years it was unreal. He's suited to play the 4 spot i guess, he should go to Orlando stretch that floor for Howard.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Well mike d is still under contract, not sure how any rumors could be out there that you guys like mike as a future hc.

And if it is true, bargs aint going anywhere, when we play you guys he looks at barga like a girl with a grade school crush. When he talks about him, he blushes.

It's hard to put a value on bargs because only coaches like mike d could really want him as a key piece. Most other teams would prob use him in situations and as a bench guy.

it was assuming that NYK fires him first, which is a good possibility.

TO Rapz
03-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Bargs to any top 10 lottery team for their first. :pray:

John Walls Era
03-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Wonder if Kahn would want him? I mean they won't need him to rebound at all...

gerber
03-27-2011, 06:59 PM
If James Johnson can net a first, I think Andrea can easily get a top 15 pick.

I know he is getting 5 rebounds per game but then again he is playing out of position. Even then the guy can score, 22 pts and he is a great 3 point shooter considering his height.

OA SLAY
03-27-2011, 07:03 PM
two years to late

HouRealCoach
03-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Honestly, He would do great on the MAgic IMO... Next to Dwight

blastmasta26
03-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, Orlando loves having 3-pt shooters all around Dwight, I can see the fit.

FuriousJatt
03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
im sure the lakers wouldnt mind giving up luke walton for him lol

AddiX
03-27-2011, 07:15 PM

Highly doubt Toronto is interested In Arenas or bringing back hedo.

Arch Stanton
03-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I could see him playing next to Howard or Bynum.

hineswardfan
03-27-2011, 07:29 PM
I remember when I used to love the Raptors as a kid, but on topic now, I could see him moving it.

mjt20mik
03-27-2011, 07:29 PM
The guy has a lot of talent. It's a shame that he really does take plays off. That being said, he could be a really good 6th man on a contender, but his contract does make him very unappealing. I don't know, I hope we do trade him and get something decent in return.

ramz.n
03-27-2011, 07:35 PM
he'd be a good fit in orlando..jameer nelson would be a good fit in toronto..jameer nelson +++

Eagles4Lyfe
Someone nailed it if he had a big like howard, bynum he would be an amazing fit. As for the raptors our FO really must be stupid bring the guy of the damn bench before giving up on him. He's still a good player but needs a nice big to help him on defense and offense..

Preacher
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tTCyS07dYVs/TDOR9dFt6tI/AAAAAAAAEwU/y5OQ8pT5vhg/s400/Celebration+of+light.jpg

Please let this be true. :D

tkshy
03-27-2011, 07:36 PM
I said it, he would be a great 6th man. Like a Lamar Odom, without the ball handling and better shooting. He is a 4, never going to work as a 5.

The Raptors should keep him, find a C and a PG, feel free to trade Calderon, Amir Johnson, and your first pick to get those two positioned filled.

0nekhmer
andrea is amazing when he's on point with his shots, but when he's missing. his other flaws are BOLDED

Eagles4Lyfe
The kings and wizards are also a great fit for him or even chris paul but i doubt they'll give their picks for him

BkOriginalOne
03-27-2011, 07:37 PM
I'd like to see him on the Spurs, OKC, The Bucks, or course, the Magic.

LA_Raiders
03-27-2011, 07:41 PM
If he goes to NY, they would be the worst D team ever...

Melo/Amare/Barg

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Someone nailed it if he had a big like howard, bynum he would be an amazing fit. As for the raptors our FO really must be stupid bring the guy of the damn bench before giving up on him. He's still a good player but needs a nice big to help him on defense and offense..
that'd be a terrible idea. why bring a guy worth 10 mil off the bench? it's either have him as starter, or trade him.

idrinkpepsi
03-27-2011, 07:45 PM
This the right move to make for the Raptors I could see him fitting in with the Magic really nice.

goose15
03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
try playing the guy at PF next to a center and maybe he'll produce..

SA5195
03-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I'd be happy if we got a late lottery pick outta him

ankit
03-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Dont think Bryan Collangello is going to give him up for a draft pick. He would probably ask for a heafty return on Bargnani, after all the guy is a scoring threat and many GM's would ignore his shortcomings on defense with his offensive production if the price is right. If Bargnani is moved for a draft pick it has to be a top 2 or 3 pick or for someone like a Danyy Granger or Igadula type (a proven commodity and definitely not for a bag of pricks like Gilbert Gun Arenas or Hedo I DO Pizza and Ball loll.) Bryan may not even be shopping him, Just because one journalist floated his idea up doesn't mean he is on the move. :facepalm:

Sly Guy
03-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Still just a rumour. But anyone checking my posts in the raps forum earlier this season knows I think higher of Reggie Evans than I do of Andrea Barganani.

shep33
03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Living in Ontario I've heard so much of "He's the next Dirk" talk in his first few years it was unreal. He's suited to play the 4 spot i guess, he should go to Orlando stretch that floor for Howard.

I think Ryan Anderson is better in all truth... well maybe not better, but I mean he's gonna due exactly what Bargs would do for a fraction of the cost if he somehow went to Orlando

BALLER R
03-27-2011, 08:05 PM
he needs to play with a defensive center..actually orlando isn't a bad idea him and howard would be nice together

thekmp211
03-27-2011, 08:09 PM
orlando was my first inclination, but in reality i'm not sure he's really all that much better than ryan anderson. considering the role he would play...i'm not sure the difference is really worth what it would cost to acquire him.

maybe a team like milwaukee? he has value in the league, it's just time to stop thinking about him like a franchise player.

Punk
03-27-2011, 08:12 PM
You can only make this trade unless your getting back a draft pick, Center or veteran player.

Ed Davis isn't really gonna put up 20 & 10 on a nightly basis. Andrea is putting up 20+ ppg on a nightly basis. You jump the gun and trade him and it might backfire but it will help long term.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 08:20 PM
You can only make this trade unless your getting back a draft pick, Center or veteran player.

Ed Davis isn't really gonna put up 20 & 10 on a nightly basis. Andrea is putting up 20+ ppg on a nightly basis. You jump the gun and trade him and it might backfire but it will help long term.

none of us expect that of him. personally, i'd be happy with 12-15 ppg, 7.5-10 rpg, 1.5 bpg.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-27-2011, 08:22 PM
He doesn't fit at all in Toronto.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Wise move. He'd be a good fit on some teams, but not Toronto. He can't play center...and he can't be a team's best player.

I think he could be a could player if he was the second best player on his team.

dtmagnet
03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
He's a good player he just doesn't work on the Raptors, any team with a legit C should be looking at him because he can be a game changer on the offensive end.

Lim
03-28-2011, 04:09 AM
a poor mans dirk nowitzki

Eagles4Lyfe
03-28-2011, 01:41 PM

not even close. Atleast dirk grabs boards and offensively is more efficient..However andrea has improved his FT attempts a lot more as he's getting to the line but his defense is still awful

Heediot
03-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Oklahoma for Ibaka!! Pipe Dream for Raps fans but that'd be nice. He's be an OK fit in OKC.

Sly Guy
03-28-2011, 01:47 PM
He's a good player he just doesn't work on the Raptors, any team with a legit C should be looking at him because he can be a game changer on the offensive end.

this is pretty much it. He can net us a return, regardless of what most people here think of him. And this is coming from a guy who has very little respect for the guy.

John Walls Era
03-28-2011, 01:53 PM

A hobo's Dirk.

And I use to think that he was going to be good (i mean 20 ppg is good, but hes not stepping up when they need him to).

Mile High Champ
03-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I think Howard and Bargnani would fit well together to be honest.

hgtiger32
03-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Grizzlies, Blazers, and Thunder should go for him

5ass
03-28-2011, 02:56 PM
i wish orlando traded for bargnani and hedo last offseason for a package of gortat and anderson

Rivera
03-28-2011, 02:59 PM
get him orlando

his 5 rebounds per game wouldnt matter next to dwight

arkanian215
03-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Lopez and Bargs... best front court ever.

John Walls Era
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Him and Dwight would be insane. He can actually score in a lot of ways.

twoearl
03-28-2011, 04:24 PM
It took them this long to realize he isn't a franchise player?Every time I think of the Raps, I think of Andrea and automatically the word "soft" enters my mind.

Yeah I'm glad to see the Raptors finally see what Real NBA fans knew about two years ago...

hugepatsfan
03-28-2011, 04:28 PM
I agree w/ what many others have said - ORL is a great fit IMO.

GodsSon
03-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Too bad Orlando has nothing we want though

Bob_at_york
03-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Too bad Orlando has nothing we want though

Nothing? I have always been a fan of Ryan Anderson. Get him, a pick and Reddick and you could definitely have something right there. Both guys 3-point shooting would be helpful for the Raptors.

spreadeagle
03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Yeah, Orlando loves having 3-pt shooters all around Dwight, I can see the fit.

ya he would really stretch the floor and his lack of rebounding wouldn't matter.....maybe jameer nelson and redick fo bargs and bayless....or to minny for flynn and beasly,hed be nice with k love

spreadeagle
03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Grizzlies, Blazers, and Thunder should go for him

if Blazers would give up Batum id love that....or Harden from okc. im sure raps would be willing tthrow in barbosa bayless or amir johnson if a sweet deal came along

GodsSon
03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Nothing? I have always been a fan of Ryan Anderson. Get him, a pick and Reddick and you could definitely have something right there. Both guys 3-point shooting would be helpful for the Raptors.

No thanks.

Rego247
03-28-2011, 05:47 PM
No thanks.

i wouldnt mind bass though. but again another pf.

Punk
03-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Him and Dwight would be insane. He can actually score in a lot of ways.

He really does. He is underrated because his team just doesn't fit around his game.

fadedmario
03-28-2011, 06:06 PM
reminds me of Villanueva

FlakeyFool
03-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Very one-dimensional player. Hopefully some lottery team wouldn't mind giving up their pick for Banana

Gram
03-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I think Ryan Anderson is better in all truth... well maybe not better, but I mean he's gonna due exactly what Bargs would do for a fraction of the cost if he somehow went to Orlando

This. Ryan Anderson has a really bright future.

Gram
03-28-2011, 07:45 PM
No thanks.

You honestly won't get much more than that in any scenario.

CB4AB7VC15
03-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Turner and pick for bargs?
Irving hopefully
Turner
Dd
Davis
Gasol hopefully

Bramaca
03-28-2011, 07:53 PM
I think he would be a good fit with Oklahoma either as the 4 or coming off the bench and a return of Aldrich and Maynor would be decent.

Hellcrooner
03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
This will be funny to watch.

If the dude gets traded somwhere that has a good defensive center and a true first option and is allowed to play PF and be the second option raps fans will cry when he is gettign 20 ppg in that other team and that other team makes it far in the playoffs.

Worse...he may get traded somwhere where he is the third option and win a ring....

Hellcrooner
03-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Orlandos Gm is here in Spain right now trying to Convince PF/C Fran Vazquez to sign with them after the season ( he is a FA) and offering him a Staring spot.

Sooo doubt they are going to make a move for Bargs.,.

Sly Guy
03-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Orlandos Gm is here in Spain right now trying to Convince PF/C Fran Vazquez to sign with them after the season ( he is a FA) and offering him a Staring spot.

What I take of that is they're interested in a soft big man. What's the difference between one euro or another?

Hellcrooner
03-28-2011, 09:40 PM
What I take of that is they're interested in a soft big man. What's the difference between one euro or another?

Not this dude in particular.

Vazquez is more similar to SCOLA than to Bargs.

Rego247
03-28-2011, 09:48 PM

If the dude gets traded somwhere that has a good defensive center and a true first option and is allowed to play PF and be the second option raps fans will cry when he is gettign 20 ppg in that other team and that other team makes it far in the playoffs.

Worse...he may get traded somwhere where he is the third option and win a ring....

in both cases i'd be happy for him.

Bob_at_york
03-29-2011, 09:52 AM

they are offering him a starting spot? I hope he is a mature guy and doesn't just take the starting spot and get lazy.

DwayneMVPwade
03-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Oklahoma for Ibaka!! Pipe Dream for Raps fans but that'd be nice. He's be an OK fit in OKC.

ill do this in a heartbeat

Byronicle
03-29-2011, 10:08 AM

I hope that happens. Because the Bargnani supporters here have been saying, he is a great 2nd option at 10 million a year, we just need a PG to run this offense because quite frankly Davis and Derozan will never be franchise players either and will also be 2nd options.

the team needs a PG to run the show. Hopefully through this draft, because I much rather see how well this team does with a playmaking PG quarterbacking this team because right now there is really no good flow to the offense

Byronicle
03-29-2011, 10:08 AM
ill do this in a heartbeat

yes lets get another PF, makes sense

jetsforever
03-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Don't know how I feel about this. I like Bargs and think he is more talented than people give him credit for. He's obviously missing some elements of the game but the guy plays on a pretty awful team. Unless they get something really good in return for him, I don't know why they are going to do this trade.

I can see them getting a bad deal done here just to do it. And in that case I'd be mad

Byronicle
03-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Don't know how I feel about this. I like Bargs and think he is more talented than people give him credit for. He's obviously missing some elements of the game but the guy plays on a pretty awful team. Unless they get something really good in return for him, I don't know why they are going to do this trade.

I can see them getting a bad deal done here just to do it. And in that case I'd be mad

I know, really the team was predicted to be 2nd worst before the season started

TO to the CHI
03-29-2011, 10:40 AM

This is a little off topic, but if the Magic are really promising Vazquez a starting spot at this point in time, then their GM is a fool. Howard has made his feelings pretty clear and I think the Magic recognize that they need to win. With that in mind, guaranteeing a starting spot to a player that has never played in North America seems very very risky to me. I like Vazquez and he has a solid edge to him and some game, but there is often a very real transition period in coming over and the Magic really can't afford to have that type of transition next year.

I am not saying that Bargnani is necessarily a better fit (though I think that he is), but bringing over Vazquez as a starter seems like a very very risky move for the Magic.

Chronz
03-29-2011, 12:30 PM
The Raps will be stuck with him, or forced into taking a bad deal. May as well keep him if those are your options.

I mean unless you guys want Gilbert Arenas, Rashard or Baron Davis or something.

Chronz
03-29-2011, 12:30 PM
in our defense, it was his first year to carry the torch. we had to give him a shot since he's a #1 overall pick. it'd be stupid to just assume he couldn't do it and not give him a chance.
Tell me whats so wise about assuming a guy who couldnt even handle the second option load with supreme efficiency could handle the greater load?

Hellcrooner
03-29-2011, 12:36 PM
This is a little off topic, but if the Magic are really promising Vazquez a starting spot at this point in time, then their GM is a fool. Howard has made his feelings pretty clear and I think the Magic recognize that they need to win. With that in mind, guaranteeing a starting spot to a player that has never played in North America seems very very risky to me. I like Vazquez and he has a solid edge to him and some game, but there is often a very real transition period in coming over and the Magic really can't afford to have that type of transition next year.

I am not saying that Bargnani is necessarily a better fit (though I think that he is), but bringing over Vazquez as a starter seems like a very very risky move for the Magic.

he is a veteran now ( he is 27 ) so he will addapt quickly like scola did.
he is a good fit because he can BoTh deffend and attack.

otis know that a fc of Dwight and vazquez will make it very difficult for oposing teams to score in the paint while at the other end since fran can make the extra pass and can shoot jumpers or inside it will make more difficult to double team howard.

If he decides to sign it may be the signing that makes howard stay, believe me.

trouble is if a lockout happens he may just resign for barceloan.

Bob_at_york
03-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Tell me whats so wise about assuming a guy who couldnt even handle the second option load with supreme efficiency could handle the greater load?

I am not sure when he was the 2nd option but one of the problems is that he operates offensively in the same spots on the floor as the 1st option. He is catching the ball and trying to take his man off the dribble, he is going into the low post sometimes and he is shooting long jumpers. Just like the guy last year was.

Bob_at_york
03-29-2011, 12:42 PM
he is a veteran now ( he is 27 ) so he will addapt quickly like scola did.
he is a good fit because he can BoTh deffend and attack.

otis know that a fc of Dwight and vazquez will make it very difficult for oposing teams to score in the paint while at the other end since fran can make the extra pass and can shoot jumpers or inside it will make more difficult to double team howard.

If he decides to sign it may be the signing that makes howard stay, believe me.
you say that we such confidence. I guess only time will tell.

Chronz
03-29-2011, 01:06 PM
I am not sure when he was the 2nd option but one of the problems is that he operates offensively in the same spots on the floor as the 1st option. He is catching the ball and trying to take his man off the dribble, he is going into the low post sometimes and he is shooting long jumpers. Just like the guy last year was.
Last year when he took the 2nd most shots, with the 2nd highest usage% on his team. But if your suggesting he had a lower touches count then I wont argue against it, the lower down the chain you go the less impressive his efficiency output becomes.

Bob_at_york
03-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Last year when he took the 2nd most shots, with the 2nd highest usage% on his team. But if your suggesting he had a lower touches count then I wont argue against it, the lower down the chain you go the less impressive his efficiency output becomes.

He got those shots by moving up the food chain when Bosh was out and when Hedo was out. I think Hedo was more of a 2nd option last year than Bosh was. Bargnani might have just been benefactor of passes from the first two.

Punk
03-29-2011, 01:28 PM
If they do get Vasquez, I think adding Bargs still is something they should do. We know Bargs can outplay Bosh...He did this season.

Bass in my opinion is too undersized to be a starting PF. If you can move him to Toronto for Bargs then I think it's something you should do. I know Otis claims he is doing what he can to make Dwight stay but making him the only real Center is not helping.

Chronz
03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
He got those shots by moving up the food chain when Bosh was out and when Hedo was out. I think Hedo was more of a 2nd option last year than Bosh was. Bargnani might have just been benefactor of passes from the first two.
Not sure I see the point of your post, you think a usage discrepancy this large is accounted for by a few games. Im pretty sure that lineup played alot more minutes together and Hedo wasnt a secondary scorer, in fact he wasnt even a primary playmaker, isnt that why he was complaining?

Point remains his usage to efficiency ratio was subpar

Bob_at_york
03-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Not sure I see the point of your post, you think a usage discrepancy this large is accounted for by a few games. Im pretty sure that lineup played alot more minutes together and Hedo wasnt a secondary scorer, in fact he wasnt even a primary playmaker, isnt that why he was complaining?
Yes he wasn't the primary playermaker. I don't know anything about the usage discrepancy, I have never seen these usage numbers. I am just telling you what I saw on the court last year after watching over 70 Raptors games.

Point remains his usage to efficiency ratio was subpar

I understand this.

Sadds The Gr8
03-29-2011, 01:53 PM

my point was that he's a #1 overall so we should give him a shot to be the first option on the team. maybe he'd work hard and try to become the leader for the raps. Like Bob said, him and Bosh played the same spots of the court on offense. Assuming that he just wouldn't be able to carry the load would be dumb IMO considering he was a #1 overall pick. now that we've given him the chance and he failed, we can look to trade him.

lkingratedr
03-29-2011, 05:35 PM
we could make a player-coach trade

ny gives up dantoni
toronto gives bargani

i mean bargs cant rebound but it would be nice to have a center that can score im tired of jefferies turiaf and williams scoring zero in the paint....

but in all honesty idk where to put him probably on the mavs to back up dirk or send him to jersey so they can have 2 big men who cant rebound LOL

SteveNash
03-29-2011, 05:51 PM
we could make a player-coach trade

ny gives up dantoni
toronto gives bargani

i mean bargs cant rebound but it would be nice to have a center that can score im tired of jefferies turiaf and williams scoring zero in the paint....

but in all honesty idk where to put him probably on the mavs to back up dirk or send him to jersey so they can have 2 big men who cant rebound LOL

Bargs ain't really going to be scoring points in the paint.

meloman1592
03-29-2011, 06:08 PM
He's a ****** version of dirk and 10x softer than him

Legitimate
03-29-2011, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't mind a servicable expiring for Bargs to be honest. I just don't see BC putting the pieces around Bargs to make it work, if he does it will just be failure as usual. We could just use the capspace from the expiring to sign another player so I wouldn't mind that type of trade. Bad rebounding, bad defense, un-efficient scorer, I just want him off the team and give our younger big man the torch since we are rebuilding.

Chronz
03-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Yes he wasn't the primary playermaker. I don't know anything about the usage discrepancy, I have never seen these usage numbers. I am just telling you what I saw on the court last year after watching over 70 Raptors games.
I dont doubt that you know your team, still can you explain what you saw or how you define the term "option"? If your suggesting that he handled the ball more then theres a stark difference in our definitions. My definition constitutes of how often that player accounted for the majority of the teams offensive possessions (Att/t.o./ast). Hedo handles the ball more but hes doing so in an attempt to go to guys like Bosh/Bargs going.

There are 2 distinct usage stats that quantify it, one accounts for assists the other strictly individual rate.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2010.html
That team had Bosh accounting for 28.7% of his teams offense individually, Bargs was 2nd at 22.3%. A figure that his risen to 28.1 this year, basically taking Bosh's spot. The result? Hes actually within the expected loss loss per possession with his new workload, usage helps to measure just how well or bad youve adapted to a bigger/lesser role.

Chronz
03-29-2011, 10:41 PM
my point was that he's a #1 overall so we should give him a shot to be the first option on the team. maybe he'd work hard and try to become the leader for the raps. Like Bob said, him and Bosh played the same spots of the court on offense. Assuming that he just wouldn't be able to carry the load would be dumb IMO considering he was a #1 overall pick. now that we've given him the chance and he failed, we can look to trade him.
I dont agree about draft pick status much of a reason but I guess your trying to highlight his career achievements. I saw Olowokandi for years here in LA, he was never given the #1 option but I never felt the need to see if he could handle an even harder role.

Potential breathes hope I guess.