PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia 76ers most underrated team in the NBA?

qks19
03-27-2011, 05:57 PM
i just want to hear your guys opinion on this because they have been playing very well after the all star break and even before that. they play very good as a whole team.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
.500 teams aren't gonna garner much attention.

acehole
03-27-2011, 06:00 PM
idk about MOST underrated but they are playing well. Good chemistry and theyre playing team basketball which is probably the biggest reason they are winning.

But I still dont see them getting past the 1st round, no matter who they face.

Not to mention they just lost to Sacramento.

Gram
03-27-2011, 06:02 PM
.500 teams aren't gonna garner much attention.

Yeah. This NBA forum isn't allowed to talk about any team that isn't Chitown, Boston, The Knicks, Lakers, Magic or Heat. It makes me wonder how many fans of these teams there actually is instead of people claiming that they liked the team before before they were good. (i.e fans of Cleveland after LeBron turned up, you see them liking Cleveland now? I don't.)

Sixerlover
03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
If there was EVER an award for worst timing for a thread, this would win without question. We just lost in OT at home to the Kings. Pretty rough.

All in all I said weeks back we'd eventually pass the Knicks, and this is about what we are this year. A 5-6-7th type seed team.

qks19
03-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah. This NBA forum isn't allowed to talk about any team that isn't Chitown, Boston, The Knicks, Lakers, Magic or Heat. It makes me wonder how many fans of these teams there actually is instead of people claiming that they liked the team before before they were good. (i.e fans of Cleveland after LeBron turned up, you see them liking Cleveland now? I don't.)

good point lol. ive just been noticeing how well they have been playing. even though they did lose to kings but iggy had an off night and so id williams. but they are a strong team and plays as a team.

NYKalltheway
03-27-2011, 06:05 PM
It's a team with no star power that plays TEAMWORK basketball. If you're underrating them it means you need to learn the basics of the game ;)

SACNYY
03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Sixers need to go back to their 2000 uniforms. The ones they have now are just ugly.

CityofChaos
03-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Grizzlies are underrated.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 06:10 PM

i've said this too. the NBA forum is a ridiculous popularity contest. I wasn't talking about them in this forum though...i was talking about national attention too.

ManRam
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
They're the best team in the East after the top 4 IMO. So yeah, they are underrated to an extent, and I really do like how they play...but I'm not sure how much damage they can do to Miami in the playoffs.

qks19
03-27-2011, 06:19 PM
they wont go down without a fight ill tell you that.

RowanJournalist
03-27-2011, 06:31 PM
If there was EVER an award for worst timing for a thread, this would win without question. We just lost in OT at home to the Kings. Pretty rough.

All in all I said weeks back we'd eventually pass the Knicks, and this is about what we are this year. A 5-6-7th type seed team.

So true. My opinion is probably biased in the opinion of other people, but watching them every game, it seems like they don't get the recognition they deserve.

JDink24
03-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Sixers need to go back to their 2000 uniforms. The ones they have now are just ugly.

Bite your tongue!!!!

qks19
03-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Bite your tongue!!!!

there uniforms now are amazing. my favorite in the league

JDink24
03-27-2011, 06:45 PM
there uniforms now are amazing. my favorite in the league

This!!!!

Simple is better!

GoatMilk
03-27-2011, 07:09 PM
LouWill is my favorite player

FuriousJatt
03-27-2011, 07:16 PM
do we need this "mmost underrated" or "most over rated" team in nba thread for every team?

bmd1101
03-27-2011, 07:21 PM
i just want to hear your guys opinion on this because they have been playing very well after the all star break and even before that. they play very good as a whole team.

They may be a bit underrated but if your lookin for a team that could actually advance in the playoffs from a lower seed, I think that teams gotta be Portland. Their defense is lookin pretty damn good now that wallace is fittin in. If i'm anyone but the lakers, i'm dodgin Portland if I can.

Hustlenomics
03-27-2011, 07:25 PM
those my dudes

hineswardfan
03-27-2011, 07:27 PM
It's possible, they're playing pretty good.

allSUAVE
03-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Most underrated team is Portland ,Memphis and the rockets.

Most hottest team right now is the sixers.

jeter4president
03-27-2011, 08:08 PM
I think after you get outside of the 10 teams that ever play on national TV there are a few underrated ones. Philly is definitely one.

benzni
03-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Grizzlies are underrated.

Thank You :clap:

bmd1101
03-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Chinese sweatshop inc

bholly
03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I think we're rated about right, to be honest. An underdog in any playoff series, but one that fights hard with a balanced scoring load and that can cause some damage if we get the right guys hot at the right time. That's about the general consensus, right?

Edit: I mean other than the few fans of the top teams that talk about EVERY team (and thus the Sixers) like they're going to breeze through them no trouble.

bmd1101
03-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I think we're rated about right, to be honest. An underdog in any playoff series, but one that fights hard with a balanced scoring load and that can cause some damage if we get the right guys hot at the right time. That's about the general consensus, right?

Edit: I mean other than the few fans of the top teams that talk about EVERY team (and thus the Sixers) like they're going to breeze through them no trouble.

If ya'll get matched up with Miami, it's possible. Any of the other top seeds in the east no.

dtmagnet
03-27-2011, 08:45 PM
I think their coach may be the most underrated.

RowanJournalist
03-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I think their coach may be the most underrated.

By this point, if he's still underrated, that's upsetting. He is an awesome coach.

chicago lulz
03-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Underrated? I wouldn't say so. Maybe more overlooked than other teams.
They certainly have been playing well and I feel they can compete in the playoffs.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-27-2011, 09:27 PM
They've been playing pretty good since they're early season slump.

SeoulBeatz
03-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Well, aside from today's disastrous O.T loss to Sac-town we have been playing pretty well recently.

I'd say we are currently the 5th best team in the East.

sixer04fan
03-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Sixers, Grizzlies, Blazers, Nuggets are the underrated playoff teams in my opinion and will give their first round matchups a lot of trouble.

DaBear
03-27-2011, 10:01 PM
I think the Nuggest are the most underrated. All we heard after the Melo trade was how good the Knicks would be (overrated, btw), and how the Nuggets would fall off the map. The Nuggets could possibly upset the Thunder in the first round.

Arch Stanton
03-27-2011, 11:05 PM

I still like Cleveland. Actually, I wasn't even on PSD when they had LeBron. But I'm sure these "so-called" fans were really just fans of LeBron and bandwagon fans of the Cavs. Just like some of them (but not all) are now bandwagon fans of the Heat. Some people just want to like whatever teams are winning. They should support Charlie Sheen.

Evolution23
03-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Portland too

marlinsfan24
03-27-2011, 11:49 PM
They're the best team in the East after the top 4 IMO. So yeah, they are underrated to an extent, and I really do like how they play...but I'm not sure how much damage they can do to Miami in the playoffs.

This. But their more then likely face the Celtics. I'd rather play the Knicks then the Sixers honestly.

IndiansFan337
03-28-2011, 12:18 AM
I still like Cleveland. Actually, I wasn't even on PSD when they had LeBron. But I'm sure these "so-called" fans were really just fans of LeBron and bandwagon fans of the Cavs. Just like some of them (but not all) are now bandwagon fans of the Heat. Some people just want to like whatever teams are winning. They should support Charlie Sheen.

I still love the Cavs and certainly am not a fan of the Heat. I have gone to 6 games this year and the Cavs are actually 3-3 in those contests. I have seen all except for two games this season in person or on TV.

I am from LeBron's hometown and nothing that you described above applies to me. Do not make ignorant statements about other team's fanbases.

Almost no one from Ohio likes the Heat. The backlash here when he departed was tremendous. I do not know of anyone at all in my hometown that is a Heat fan.

PrettyBoyJ
03-28-2011, 12:24 AM
there a sleeper.. If they had a star player they would prob have the 5th seed.. they play good team basketball but I dont see an upset in the playoffs for them

Crackadalic
03-28-2011, 12:26 AM
There not underrated or overrated. Their playing good basketball as of late and everyone has recognize that. If anything portland is underrated because nobody ever talks about them and can be a big hassle come playoff time with the addition of Gerald Wallace

HakeemTheDream
03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Grizzlies say hi.

superabound
03-28-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm a fan of the 76ers, but they need to start beating teams like the Kings if they are going to garner some more national attention. Yeah, they can get up to play the Orlandos, Miamis, and Bostons of the world, but they need to start beating teams worse than they are more consistently until we can consider them to be legit. Certainly better to watch than that mess of a team last year though.

sep11ie
03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Grizz, Rockets, and 76ers are all very underrated.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-28-2011, 01:09 PM

thank u!!!! :clap:

Caution1011
03-28-2011, 01:11 PM
The Sixers are better off playing the Celtics because they can match up with them quite well. If the Sixers play the Heat it's going to be a one and done for those guys. The Heat win in 5.

theheatles
03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
hopefully the underrated 76ers can beat overrated derrick rose and the bulls tonight

topdog
03-28-2011, 01:21 PM
What's to underrate? They are what they are. Does anyone think they'll contend? :cricket:

redwhitenblue
03-28-2011, 01:23 PM
76er's are dangerous

Steelers23_06
03-28-2011, 01:24 PM
i honestly think the kings are im not saying they are legitimate contender but i said before the season they are a my sleeper. they have veterans who have been there in powe and t.a. and t.a. plays GREAT defense. plus they have a solid rotation down low. and sam young has steadily developed into a solid starter and they have that spark off the bench in mayo. im just saying they are either going to stun us with a 1st round victory or do more then expected. like the thunder last season.

redwhitenblue
03-28-2011, 01:28 PM
By Kings, you mean Grizzlies?

Sixerlover
03-28-2011, 01:35 PM
What's to underrate? They are what they are. Does anyone think they'll contend? :cricket:

So there are only 5 teams to talk about because they are the only ones contending for a title? No one else can get recognition for playing well?

Steelers23_06
03-28-2011, 01:38 PM
So there are only 5 teams to talk about because they are the only ones contending for a title? No one else can get recognition for playing well?

no but he's saying thewy arent underrated because they are a lower seed playoff team and i dont see them beating the c's heat or bulls no matter who they play. so they arent underrated because they are going to do what we expect them to. at best make a 1st round goto 6 games. and i think that thats what 90% of everyone is saying so how is that underrating them?

Knickfansince97
03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
They are underated but not by alot. they do play well together and should be in 6th place

topdog
03-28-2011, 01:50 PM

Your Sixers would be in 10th place out West. How is ignoring them underrating them?

Underrated teams right now probably are teams like Portland and Atlanta who've gotten no real exposure lately but who actually have an outside shot of doing some damage. Am I expecting either to win a title? No. Would I bet my life on it? No.

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Your Sixers would be in 10th place out West. How is ignoring them underrating them?

Underrated teams right now probably are teams like Portland and Atlanta who've gotten no real exposure lately but who actually have an outside shot of doing some damage. Am I expecting either to win a title? No. Would I bet my life on it? No.

Portland yes, but Atlanta? NO. Sixers have HANDLED ATL the last 2 times we've played them and the time before we blew a 14 point lead with 7 left. They don't intimidate me at all and are playing very uninspired basketball as of late.

They may have more talent than the Sixers but the Sixers are an ACTUAL team that plays 1000X harder than ATL on both sides of the ball.

Portland on the other hand is playing very well and is also underrated because of Gerald Wallace's inspired play as of late. They are a a def a better team than my sixers, but ATL is playing like a joke recently.

Tonights game against the bulls should say alot about my sixers. Series is 1-1 for the season.

redwhitenblue
03-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Portland yes, but Atlanta? NO. Sixers have HANDLED ATL the last 2 times we've played them and the time before we blew a 14 point lead with 7 left. They don't intimidate me at all and are playing very uninspired basketball as of late.

They may have more talent than the Sixers but the Sixers are an ACTUAL team that plays 1000X harder than ATL on both sides of the ball.

Portland on the other hand is playing very well and is also underrated because of Gerald Wallace's inspired play as of late. They are a a def a better team than my sixers, but ATL is playing like a joke recently.

Tonights game against the bulls should say alot about my sixers. Series is 1-1 for the season.
Yeah, it'll be nice finally playing you guys at full strength (Noah was out both previous games). I hope Iggy plays because I see he's a game-time decision.

topdog
03-28-2011, 02:18 PM

Fair enough. I was just trying to come up with someone from the East but I think pretty much everyone is treated as they are there. I'm not saying Philly hasn't worked its *** off and played good "D" but I think the term "underrated" gets thrown around a bit too much. Again, they'd be 10th out West.

RowanJournalist
03-28-2011, 02:24 PM
As a fan of Philly, I have to say I'm happy with this season, regardless of how it ends up.

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Fair enough. I was just trying to come up with someone from the East but I think pretty much everyone is treated as they are there. I'm not saying Philly hasn't worked its *** off and played good "D" but I think the term "underrated" gets thrown around a bit too much. Again, they'd be 10th out West.

No denying that, but Im still impressed by this team considering how awful we looked last year. I've rarely missed any games for the past 8 years but last season (27-55) was the first year I just couldn't watch because it was too depressing. Brand looked useless and Iggy didn't seem to give a ****.

But when Doug Collins came in the entire team mentality changed. Eddie Jordan was like a cancer, he really digressed EVERYONE on our team. The entire roster has had a bounceback season. Iggy is playing like a top defender, Brand is leading our team in ppg, rpg, bpg, Lou Will and Thad are both sixth man contedners, and Jrue Holiday has shown he was a serious steal in last years draft.

It's been an unbelievable turnaround from a sixers fans perspective. And I'm glad the board recognizes us (so we really aren't underrated on here) but in the public eye people still think the sixers are basement dwellers, when in reality this is a roster with tons of potential (Average age. 23.5 yrs).

There have been at least 5 Sixer threads in the past month so I'm sure people on here are tired of this, but it's nice because prior to that it was 2 years since there was a sixer thread in the NBA forum.

hugepatsfan
03-28-2011, 04:12 PM
If BOS played them in the 1st round I'd be pretty scared. Obviously I'd still pick BOS, but PHI upsetting BOS wouldn't shock me.

SACNYY
03-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Bite your tongue!!!!

I like these uniforms. Especially the blue ones.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1431/ai240sixers.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/ai240sixers.jpg/)

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2011, 05:16 PM
I like these uniforms. Especially the blue ones.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1431/ai240sixers.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/ai240sixers.jpg/)

I dig our home uniforms, but I hate our red aways, too bleh.

Wish we chose THESE instead.... http://img3.prosperent.com/images/250x250/product.images.fansedge.com/51-25/51-25762-F.jpg

SACNYY
03-28-2011, 05:22 PM
I dig our home uniforms, but I hate our red aways, too bleh.

Wish we chose THESE instead.... http://img3.prosperent.com/images/250x250/product.images.fansedge.com/51-25/51-25762-F.jpg

I like these. The 90's had some sick uniforms. Hawks, Rockets, Bucks, Pistons, and others. I like the big logos.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/221/274/pg2_g_barkley01_500_display_image.jpg?1273455851

SeoulBeatz
03-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Sixers just beat the Bulls by 97-85, ending their 14 game home winning streak.

That makes 2 straight wins against the Bulls AND 2 straight against the Hawks while beating Boston inbetween.

This team just showed it's not impossible for them to pull off an upset!

RowanJournalist
03-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Sixers just beat the Bulls by 97-85, ending their 14 game home winning streak.

That makes 2 straight wins against the Bulls AND 2 straight against the Hawks while beating Boston inbetween.

This team just showed it's not impossible for them to pull off an upset!

We also took down San Antonio earlier in the year, and should have beaten Miami two games ago, but we choked.

MrfadeawayJB
03-28-2011, 11:31 PM
sixers are underated just like the grizz...i wouldnt be shocked if either team upset someone in the playoffs, but others might...

Grizz have good records against most great teams in the league

3-1 vs Mavs
2-2 vs Lakers
2-2 vs Spurs
1-1 vs Celtics
1-1 vs Heat
1-1 vs Magic
3-1 vs Thunder

only team we havent beaten is chicago at 0-2