PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance Carmelo Leaves Knicks?

*Superman*
03-27-2011, 04:25 PM
The transition hasn't been the smoothest and I am not to sure Amare and Melo make the best combo. With that said this is a preview for Melo before he commits long term. Could a disappointing half-season + early playoff exit be enough for him to leave?

BallIsAll
03-27-2011, 04:27 PM
i think amare leaves.

Furymaker
03-27-2011, 04:28 PM
maybe when Nets moves to Brooklyn , to play with D-Will , but otherwise I think Amare will move sooner than him .

acehole
03-27-2011, 04:29 PM
leave where? how? dude just forced his way to NY and inked a contract, hes not leaving.

WrongIslander
03-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Amar'e would leave before Melo but neither will in the forseeable future.

*Superman*
03-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Is Melo a FA this summer or did he sign an extension with the trade?

knicksfan42
03-27-2011, 04:42 PM

He signed an extension. 3 years plus a player option for the 4th year.

abe_froman
03-27-2011, 04:43 PM
doubt it,at least for now.maybe after 5-7 or so years

rhino17
03-27-2011, 04:43 PM
D'Antoni will be the first to leave, the guy is a terrible coach

*Superman*
03-27-2011, 04:45 PM
He signed an extension. 3 years plus a player option for the 4th year.

Okay. Yeah that totally changes everything I thought he was going to be FA this summer.

Mods can lock if they want.

Schmiggy
03-27-2011, 04:56 PM

this

Mudvayne91
03-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Ever? Maybe. Within the next 7-8 years, doubtful. He made too big a ****ing deal about wanting to be in NY so bad. He'd look like a complete moron if he tried forcing his way out anytime soon.

5ass
03-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Ever? Maybe. Within the next 7-8 years, doubtful. He made too big a ****ing deal about wanting to be in NY so bad. He'd look like a complete moron if he tried forcing his way out anytime soon.

spike lee would murder him

Oefarmy2005
03-27-2011, 05:06 PM
There is a chance, so I voted YES. But in all reality, I give it less than 25%.

Mudvayne91
03-27-2011, 05:14 PM
spike lee would murder him

haha, indeed he would.

nycericanguy
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
He can;t opt out til 2013, not even worth discussing now.

Kashmir13579
03-27-2011, 06:47 PM
i wish we could trade him for Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mozzy, Randolph, and picks.

sunsfan88
03-27-2011, 06:52 PM
He already singed an extension.

/thread

bulls_world23
03-27-2011, 06:52 PM
There is a better chance the cavs make the playoffs

goose15
03-27-2011, 06:54 PM

this :nod:

Young and Stupid
03-27-2011, 06:54 PM
I've stated this on multiple occasions, but I'll do it again because this seems like an appropriate place:

Let me preface this by saying that despite being a Nets fan, I root for the Knicks to succeed; so much so that I've been called a "closet Knicks fan" by many Nets fans. Much of that comes from the fact that I'm a New Yorker, but a segment of it results from my belief that the NBA is better when the Knicks are playing well.

Having said that (Curb fans), I really think the Knicks ****ed themselves with the acquisition of Carmelo Anthony. That's not to say that D'Antoni's coaching philosophy isn't also at fault -- you're not going to win in this league unless you put an emphasis on defense -- but even with a better coach running the show I'm of the belief that the Knicks would be unable to compete with the NBA's top-tier teams.

Melo and Stat make up one of the best offensive tandems in the league, but their style of play doesn't necessarily translate to playoff success. I think the Knicks need another piece (and a change of philosophy) if they want to vie for a championship. That brings me to the Knicks' most glaring issue -- the lack of upward mobility. Although we can't necessarily predict the constraints of the new CBA down to the dot, it's fair to assume that the cap will not be significantly higher than it is now. The Knicks have two players on the books tied up for roughly $40 million (when cap holds are taking into consideration), as a result they lack the ability to marginally improve the roster (whether it be through a trade or signing free-agents). There are many delusional Knicks fans who are of the belief that they're still bringing in another max-player, but the truth of the matter is that they won't have room.

I think the Knicks are going to be like the Hawks (slightly better though); they'll compete every year, but they won't have enough to capture a championship. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see the Knicks reaching the finals as currently constructed. We'll see.

SACNYY
03-27-2011, 07:02 PM

Agreed. I never liked him.

Bulls_fan90
03-27-2011, 07:18 PM
i wish we could trade him for Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mozzy, Randolph, and picks.

No team is stupid enough to give up that many quality players just for Melo.

blastmasta26
03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
I've stated this on multiple occasions, but I'll do it again because this seems like an appropriate place:

Let me preface this by saying that despite being a Nets fan, I root for the Knicks to succeed; so much so that I've been called a "closet Knicks fan" by many Nets fans. Much of that comes from the fact that I'm a New Yorker, but a segment of it results from my belief that the NBA is better when the Knicks are playing well.

Having said that (Curb fans), I really think the Knicks ****ed themselves with the acquisition of Carmelo Anthony. That's not to say that D'Antoni's coaching philosophy isn't also at fault -- you're not going to win in this league unless you put an emphasis on defense -- but even with a better coach running the show I'm of the belief that the Knicks would be unable to compete with the NBA's top-tier teams.

Melo and Stat make up one of the best offensive tandems in the league, but their style of play doesn't necessarily translate to playoff success. I think the Knicks need another piece (and a change of philosophy) if they want to vie for a championship. That brings me to the Knicks' most glaring issue -- the lack of upward mobility. Although we can't necessarily predict the constraints of the new CBA down to the dot, it's fair to assume that the cap will not be significantly higher than it is now. The Knicks have two players on the books tied up for roughly $40 million (when cap holds are taking into consideration), as a result they lack the ability to marginally improve the roster (whether it be through a trade or signing free-agents). There are many delusional Knicks fans who are of the belief that they're still bringing in another max-player, but the truth of the matter is that they won't have room.

I think the Knicks are going to be like the Hawks (slightly better though); they'll compete every year, but they won't have enough to capture a championship. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see the Knicks reaching the finals as currently constructed. We'll see.
Good post. I'm afraid of what you said, the fact that the Knicks may never become true contenders. Melo and Stoudemire take so much of the salary cap, and the CBA is going to look to restrict playoff teams from improving much.

hineswardfan
03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
I think he's staying put given the extension.

5ass
03-27-2011, 07:35 PM
No team is stupid enough to give up that many quality players just for Melo.
its funny how people always like to leave out Chauncey when theyre hating on the knicks

nickdymez
03-27-2011, 07:41 PM
its funny how people always like to leave out Chauncey when theyre hating on the knicks

Exactly... It was a good trade...

Chi StateOfMind
03-27-2011, 07:51 PM
naw i see amare leavin before him...and yes to all the ppl saying mike d should go...

allSUAVE
03-27-2011, 07:57 PM
:facepalm:

Everybody would leave Yhe Knicks with the exception of STAT and Melo

With that being said NO! They want to Win in NY

That Means Mike D'Antoni **s is Grass

And they have the summer to build around stat and melo.

Q_bully
03-27-2011, 08:01 PM
The more reasonable tread would be when would Dwight leave Disney world for Disney land

Bulls_fan90
03-27-2011, 08:02 PM

Cool.

DenButsu
03-27-2011, 08:12 PM
No way in hell.

He's where he wants to be now, even if the situation isn't to his liking. He'll be running the show in New York now (along with Amare, I suppose). If there's a player-coach dispute, Melo will win. If there's a player-player dispute, Melo will win. As he already did, he will continue getting what he asks for.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-27-2011, 08:24 PM
They just got him. Why would they get rid of him.

Young and Stupid
03-27-2011, 08:25 PM
No way in hell.

He's where he wants to be now, even if the situation isn't to his liking. He'll be running the show in New York now (along with Amare, I suppose). If there's a player-coach dispute, Melo will win. If there's a player-player dispute, Melo will win. As he already did, he will continue getting what he asks for.

Den, I value your opinion because you seem to be objective, intelligent and analytical in your assessment of all-things-NBA. Having said that, I'm curious to hear your take on a few (actually several) things that pertain to the Nuggets.

How do you feel about Carmelo Anthony's career as a Denver Nugget? What's your evaluation of Melo as a player;do you think he's underrated, overrated or properly rated?

How do you feel about the trade as a whole? Are you satisfied with what the Nuggets received? Would you do it over if I told you that Melo would sign an extension with the team? Would you have rather done the trade with the Nets? Would you rather have received Anthony Randolph than Mozgov?

How successful do you think the Nuggets can be this year in the playoffs? How do you see the team faring in the future? It's going to be hard for the Nuggets to retain all their free-agents this off-season, so how would you seed those players in terms of priority? Do you want to add someone in free-agency or keep the team similar to how it's constructed now?

Why can't the Nuggets wear the alternative dark-blue away jerseys every game?

That's a lot of questions, so if you don't answer all of them I'd completely understand. Thanks, in advance.

Denver-boy
03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Billups Will

dtmagnet
03-27-2011, 08:44 PM
He extended didn't he? He can't leave.

allSUAVE
03-27-2011, 08:47 PM
The more reasonable tread would be when would Dwight leave Disney world for Disney land

Lol Werd ,This

JayHunter
03-27-2011, 09:06 PM
New York will not be an elite team until they learn to play defense

meloman1592
03-27-2011, 09:22 PM
New York will not be an elite team until they learn to play defense

no1 asked you that

LA_Raiders
03-27-2011, 09:33 PM
No way, his wife would divorce him... Amare and Melo are set for some years... I do hope they bring it vs the Cheat in years to come...

oak2455
03-27-2011, 10:33 PM
This has too be one of the dumbest threads of 2011:clap: and still open wow good work Kodjack....:facepalm:

Punk
03-27-2011, 10:34 PM
:laugh:
Wow.

Of course Melo is gonna leave. He lives in NY, he loves it here and despite the losing he still is extremely happy to be a Knick for the next FOUR years.

blahblahyoutoo
03-27-2011, 10:50 PM

lol.

melo does look pretty unhappy in NY in some of those losses.

tr3ymill3r
03-27-2011, 11:12 PM
To the OP ~punch in the face~ how long ago was it when the Heat did the exact same thing. They have yet to figure it out and they aren't going to do it overnight when it's the toughest time of the season to get wins. If D'antoni would grow a pair and tell Carmelo to just jack up the first open shot, rather than dribbling the ball to death into the floor. The luckiest guy out the whole trade is George Karl.

knicks_champ
03-27-2011, 11:19 PM
smh... really it takes half a season for a star player to leave? Also when he forced himself to the team he is on?

I thought I heard it all but this......

knicks_champ
03-27-2011, 11:22 PM
lol.

melo does look pretty unhappy in NY in some of those losses.

But he didn't cry..... unhappy yes but didn't cry...

But seriously who would be happy after a loss?

TylerSL
03-27-2011, 11:27 PM
i doubt it, but i would LOL if he did.

TylerSL
03-27-2011, 11:28 PM
^ if he did leave New York tho, then nobody could hate Lebron more than him

Note-Melo wont leave New York, I am just saying if it were to somehow happen, but dont hold your breath.

Evolution23
03-27-2011, 11:41 PM
If Melo leaves NY he will quickly become a likable player again. But hes not going any where so all you haters can keep hating.

NBA_Starter
03-27-2011, 11:46 PM

I'm not a fan of him but it's not all his fault but he will be the scape goat, he can't help they traded away all of their depth for one player.

Punk
03-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Lol Wow seriously? It's not gonna happen. Stop it please. If the Heat went on a 7-8 start and a 6 game losing streak and there was no threads on "Will LeBron leave Miami?" and now all of a sudden there is one on Melo? Funny how that works out.

Is it his fault the coach likes putting him in the game 5 minutes in the 4th? Out of every 4th quarter meltdown, he puts him in at the 5/6 minute mark when the game is already out of hand.

We all know D'antoni will be gone soon enough if this doesn't improve drastically. I'd trust Melo's words if he calls this streak as a "humbling and challenging experience"

It's not like we went 0-20 since the trade. The potential is there, we know how good we can be in wins against Miami, Atlanta and the blowout win against Utah. Playing consistent 48 minutes is the only problem.

Every other recent loss is just depression and lack of confidence. Amare is just not doing his part right now either.

It's not as bad as people want to make it out to be.

JordansBulls
03-28-2011, 09:47 AM
i think amare leaves.

This would happen first.

Mile High Champ
03-28-2011, 10:13 AM
I think if he did it would be priceless. I would love to see the look on the face of Dolan.

King Drew
03-28-2011, 10:20 AM

He already resigned with the knicks. And he wouldn't leave cuz of this season.

ragee
03-28-2011, 10:47 AM
No... But that would be hell of funny... Imagine if he signs with the Nets? The Knicks was forced to give up their players only to find out that the player that they want is going to sign with their rival! Yikes!

Azzacadabra
03-28-2011, 11:45 AM
He already singed an extension.

/thread

I didn't know he had a second career.

Sly Guy
03-28-2011, 11:52 AM
wow, I love the sensationalism of a lot of these threads these days. Seriously, how long did it take for Miami to get near where they are in record? NYK is several months behind them, relax.

oak2455
03-28-2011, 12:13 PM
I think if he did it would be priceless. I would love to see the look on the face of Dolan.

how would this happen:confused: people write some funny ****:facepalm:

ttam68
03-28-2011, 12:23 PM
How is this still a thread?

He resigned as part of the trade.

Any chance Lebron James leaves Miami?

danniboi168
03-28-2011, 12:45 PM
itll be so stupid if he leaves, doubt it.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
i said no..only bcuz of everything he went threw to make sure he ended up there..but idk 7 in a row...im sure if one year he is fed up there and hasent won a ring im sure he would dip.

*Superman*
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
I didn't know he had a second career.

Haha. I said mods can close this in the 1st page. I thought he was a FA after this season, I didn't know he signed an extension when traded.

Team*Chicago
03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't think Carmelo would leave plus his wife got him p----y whipped into staying in New York City too. Only way he'll leave if he gets humilated and embarassed in New York like the previous players that payed.

ManRam
03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Closed per request.