PDA

View Full Version : Who wins a championship first? - Knicks/Nuggets

Evolution23
03-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Knicks or Nuggets

abe_froman
03-27-2011, 04:39 AM
hard to predict ,but honestly dont see either winning one this decade...and beyond that is too far into the future

bklynny67
03-27-2011, 04:58 AM
hard to predict ,but honestly dont see either winning one this decade...and beyond that is too far into the future

you saying that neither will win this decade is pretty stupid too. you think beyond a decade is too far into the future? both teams could be absolutely completely different in 6-8 years, or sooner. you saying neither will win this decade is just dumb and ignorant, and i'm sure its because you're probably a Knick hater.

abe_froman
03-27-2011, 05:07 AM
you saying that neither will win this decade is pretty stupid too. you think beyond a decade is too far into the future? both teams could be absolutely completely different in 6-8 years, or sooner. you saying neither will win this decade is just dumb and ignorant, and i'm sure its because you're probably a Knick hater.

true.but going off the contracts of both teams as they stand and making the assumption that it will look much the same for the near future.than yes

now as time passes further out it gets harder.but remember your not just going off the knicks and nuggets teams,but other teams as well and what they might look like.so now and next few years i dont think your *** good as say chi,bos,heat,orl and dont think you will be.going mid part of the decade say you guys still have melo/amare well you have to remember wizard will stockpile lotto talent so 6-8 years your looking at a potential prime wall/barnes/whatever else team for them.possible you could...but having so much money locked in going forward i dont see how you can keep up

bholly
03-27-2011, 05:31 AM
I put the Nuggs. I don't see the Melo/Stoudemire Knicks having a very good chance of winning one, and, as much as I like what they're doing, I don't think the current Nuggets do either - so I wanted to put a push, but it wasn't an option. Nuggets get the tiebreaker because they have a headstart on building their next contender by virtue of having all their upcoming first rounders (plus one of NYK's) and a much better salary situation (Al Harrington notwithstanding).

jzero
03-27-2011, 06:16 AM

just because someone has an opinion that you dont agree with doesn't mean they are a hater
and who wouldn't hate the knicks?
theyre a **** franchise that doesn't know how to win
mecca of basketball for every1 else except them

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-27-2011, 06:19 AM
neither

KG21
03-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Knicks SUCK!

Nuggets on the other hand have better players and their bench is deep.

black1605
03-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Neither wins with their current core.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-27-2011, 06:52 AM
Knicks cant win in the next 5 years if Rose stays in Chicago and Heatles are still intact.

oak2455
03-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Genius's above:rolleyes:

jp611
03-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Neither

toovey107
03-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Seattle Supersonics

Minimal
03-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Cleveland Cavaliers

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Genius's above:rolleyes:

lebron and D-Wade are too much to handle for knicks.

bal_ravens
03-27-2011, 08:54 AM
I don't understand why people don't just say the Knicks, let others get on their high horses and we can all move on...

Shame on you for giving a reasonable opinion! :mad:

JDMVP
03-27-2011, 09:05 AM
The Knicks maybe losing right now but that does not mean they are not gonna win any championship this decade. You have to remember this team is still trying to adjust and all. Let's face it they don't even have the right players still to compete for a championship. They still need a couple of pieces before becoming that CHAMPIONSHIP contender. Plus can we stop all this Denver stuff, come on no question what they are doing right now is absolutely Great but that does not mean they are gonna be better than the Knicks in the next couple of years. The Nuggets just have the right players right now.

JordansBulls
03-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Knicks have already won 2 titles, so them.

Big Zo
03-27-2011, 01:30 PM

There's a difference between giving an opinion and stating a fact. The guy gave an opinion, but you saw it as him stating a fact because you're all those things I just highlighted in your post. :)

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 01:32 PM
neither.

FuriousJatt
03-27-2011, 01:33 PM
i would say neither but since you only put up 2 options, i willgo with knicks, because they have two superstars, attractive franchise and city, and ownership not afraid to spend money. its the complete opposite for denver.

Purple&Gold24
03-27-2011, 01:39 PM
None. Knicks had a better shot before the trade.

Evolution23
03-27-2011, 01:45 PM
The Knicks maybe losing right now but that does not mean they are not gonna win any championship this decade. You have to remember this team is still trying to adjust and all. Let's face it they don't even have the right players still to compete for a championship. They still need a couple of pieces before becoming that CHAMPIONSHIP contender. Plus can we stop all this Denver stuff, come on no question what they are doing right now is absolutely Great but that does not mean they are gonna be better than the Knicks in the next couple of years. The Nuggets just have the right players right now.

Smart guy right here

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Knicks cant win in the next 5 years if Rose stays in Chicago and Heatles are still intact.

I 100% agree. Perfect

metsfanssince05
03-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Only time can tell. And guys shut up for the ones that are saying we wont win one even in this decade, book it the Knicks will win atleast 1 in 3 years.. Knicks are going to fire D'antoni's ***, and were going to get what we need in the FA/Draft.

bahama0811
03-27-2011, 02:44 PM
As a Nuggets fan I say neither. I love the Nuggets as currently constructed but I still don't think they'll win one. And I don't really think the Knicks will win one unless they add another piece.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Smart guy right here

Well if they want to become Championship contenders, they need to bring in more than couple of pieces.

bklynny67
03-28-2011, 12:10 AM
lebron and D-Wade are too much to handle for knicks.

even though they split the 4 games they played this yr :facepalm:

kyomack
03-28-2011, 12:33 AM
another day....another thread involving the knicks

sixer04fan
03-28-2011, 12:59 AM

Whoa buddy calm down there. And you saying both teams could be completely different in the next 6-8 years defeats the purpose of the question anyways. It's totally random, and the odds of them winning in the next ten years is diminished obviously if you don't believe the current cores of each team assembled now are good enough to win a championship within 5 years. So it's actually not "dumb and ignorant" at all. It makes mense. And assuming he's a Knicks hater as the only reason he believes the Knicks won't win a championship is completely ignorant in itself.

It's like asking who's going to win a championship first: the Kansas City Royals or the Pittsburgh Pirates? If neither team is close to winning a championship as currently assembled, then it's a completely random guess. Is it dumb and ignorant to say neither of those teams will win in the next 10 years? No. So maybe you should chill out... Just a thought.

bulls_world23
03-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Anaheim Kings

gotoHcarolina52
03-28-2011, 01:34 AM
even though they split the 4 games they played this yr :facepalm:

Yes, even though . . . . You actually think regular season results will necessarily hold true in the playoffs? :facepalm:

LA_Raiders
03-28-2011, 01:47 AM
none

JLynn943
03-28-2011, 02:18 AM
I don't think either will any time soon to be honest.

allSUAVE
03-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Too many Knick haters on this site ,why do Y'all people llike talking about the Knicks ??we are not even close to being a finish product Yet and already have haters ,Smh.

I didn't know haters love to express they hatred.

¿QUE?
03-28-2011, 02:30 AM
Hard to win without that number 1 go to guy. If the Nuggets can get him then they are favored. It may sound weird but its harder to find that 1 great guy then it is to find a good supporting cast. Knicks have that in Melo and to a degree Amare, they just have ****** other players.
If they can form a solid supporting cast and get a new coach they can compete for a ring. If Denver can get that superstar they need they can compete for a ring.

Baller1
03-28-2011, 02:35 AM
I can confidently say that neither will win one in the next 5 years, and beyond that is stupid to try and predict.

Evolution23
03-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Im still waiting for someone to tell me how the Nuggets are going to win in the playoffs without a legit superstar. People may bring up Detroit winning without one but Detroit had 3 allstars that year and Ben Wallace. The Knicks don't have the pieces this year but they can easily pick up the pieces in the offseason and combine them with the Stat and Melo giving the Knicks a better shot at winning a ring.

Evolution23
03-28-2011, 02:51 AM
Yes, even though . . . . You actually think regular season results will necessarily hold true in the playoffs? :facepalm:

yeah so then the 50 Heat wins don't mean jack

effen5
03-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Too many Knick haters on this site ,why do Y'all people llike talking about the Knicks ??we are not even close to being a finish product Yet and already have haters ,Smh.

Probably should have throught of that before you guys started talking championship right after the trade.

Mcdoh
03-28-2011, 05:43 AM
knicks.. w8 for them to gel..

sixer04fan
03-28-2011, 02:16 PM

Dude we're not haters. We just hate the fact that you guys are pompous enough to think you have haters, when in reality, your team is horrible and no one cares about you. Knicks = most overrated franchise in the history of professional sports.

Cromedome
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
The Knicks...without a doubt. Best franchise (once we get our ish together) and city in the world.

Denver?

Kashmir13579
03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Lakers.

Kashmir13579
03-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Probably should have throught of that before you guys started talking championship right after the trade.

LMAO. no logical-realistic Knick fan thought we were anywhere near a championship after the trade. good one though. keep arguing with the kids and bandwagoners if it makes you feel better.

haggis
03-28-2011, 02:36 PM
It's like asking who's going to win a championship first: the Kansas City Royals or the Pittsburgh Pirates? If neither team is close to winning a championship as currently assembled, then it's a completely random guess. Is it dumb and ignorant to say neither of those teams will win in the next 10 years? No. So maybe you should chill out... Just a thought.

Perfect.

And can we switch this to the question in the thread?

My money is on the Pirates.

Ironman5219
03-28-2011, 02:38 PM
nuggets have balance and play defense, In a head to head I take Denver, but I agree with the other post that niether team will win the finals with the current rosters

Da Knicks
03-28-2011, 02:45 PM
The knicks have the brighter future with Melo and Amare, anyone who cannot see this does not see talent. The knicks could still upset someone this year but without a bigman guarding the paint it will be tough. Going forward when the knicks get a big man all of this non sense will be put to rest. As far as all the Miami posters, the knicks are the one team the heat dont want to see for sure. lol at people predicting 10 years from know.

brad33240
03-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Perfect.

And can we switch this to the question in the thread?

My money is on the Pirates.

Really?? I would have to take the Royals... It's a great quandary, though.

haggis
03-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Really?? I would have to take the Royals... It's a great quandary, though.

I just trust a team coming out of the NL before the AL. If the Royals get Pujols, then yeah they'd be the favorites.

On-Topic:

I guess I'd have to take the Nuggets? :shrug:

I don't think either team is close.

PhillyFaninLA
03-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't think Melo or Armare will win a title and no team with them would win a title. Certain great players are to selfish despite great numbers and playoff runs to ever win a title.

I have to see if the Nuggets get a superstar and I need to see if Dwight ends up on the Lakers. But neither as constituted has much of a chance in my opinion.

joeym
03-28-2011, 03:04 PM
I really think both teams can be competitive down the road but I don't think either team tranformed themselves into a championship contender as a result of that trade....though Denver looks like they got the best of it so far......

Slimsim
03-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Neither

chitown815
03-28-2011, 03:05 PM
IDK if you go by the current pieces to build around the Knicks are paying 2 players too much, so the Nuggets

but I bet the Brooklyn Ballers win before the NYK Bookmark it

Slimsim
03-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't think Melo or Armare will win a title and no team with them would win a title. Certain great players are to selfish despite great numbers and playoff runs to ever win a title.

I have to see if the Nuggets get a superstar and I need to see if Dwight ends up on the Lakers. But neither as constituted has much of a chance in my opinion.

:facepalm:

Thank god your opinion doesn't matter unless you have some hardcore facts you like to share

Raidaz4Life
03-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Neither wins with their current core.

Pretty much this.

I think Denver has a "better chance" at winning than the Knicks but neither team is anywhere near being good enough to knock out the top teams in their respective conferences much less the top team in the opposing conference.

NYK_kidd77
03-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Neither. So yes another useless thread about the Knicks is made.

PhillyFaninLA
03-28-2011, 03:15 PM

Thank god your opinion doesn't matter unless you have some hardcore facts you like to share

I like how you ignore my second sentence.

Also if you think my opinion doesn't matter, then you think no opinions matter so your opinion doesn't matter.

As for examples and facts see Phoenix and see Denver. Guys like T.O., Moss, Amare, and Melo are great stat guys as I said in sentence 2, which I think you didn't read because it was to far into the post, are selfish players. They don't make players around them better and often make players around them lazy. Amare is great and Melo is 3rd or 4th best offensive player in the NBA. There is a reason certain players don't win titles even if they make the championship game or series.

Cromedome
03-28-2011, 03:19 PM
I like how you ignore my second sentence.

Also if you think my opinion doesn't matter, then you think no opinions matter so your opinion doesn't matter.

As for examples and facts see Phoenix and see Denver. Guys like T.O., Moss, Amare, and Melo are great stat guys as I said in sentence 2, which I think you didn't read because it was to far into the post, are selfish players. They don't make players around them better and often make players around them lazy. Amare is great and Melo is 3rd or 4th best offensive player in the NBA. There is a reason certain players don't win titles even if they make the championship game or series.

sep11ie
03-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Have you ever started a unique thread?

championships
03-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Knicks haven't won a ship in 3 decades. I guess one could argue that they're due. Knicks would have to add some really nice pieces in the next few years to do it. Amare and Melo couldn't do it in the western conference with really good teams. I think it will be awhile before we see either of those teams win it all.

ackar
03-28-2011, 04:10 PM
As they are right now and the next 6 to 8 years neither. Nuggets has a better chance because the Western teams are aging but they are not the best young team in the west. As aforementioned Bulls, Heat & Magic look good for a number of years.

Evolution23
03-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Have you ever started a unique thread?

just answer the question smart guy

king4day
03-28-2011, 04:19 PM
This is a toughie. If we're talking about with just the teams they have now? Then Denver based on depth.
But in the future, I'd have to go NY. Once they fill out their needs, it's hard to see many teams being better than them.

J4KOP99
03-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Both are going to happen so far down the road I don't even think it's worth debating...

However, since the question was brought up, I will go with the Knicks. The New York Knicks will be the 2023-2024 NBA Champs.

nycericanguy
03-28-2011, 04:29 PM
RIght now niether. NY maybe if they can add either a 3rd star next year or a couple of good role players.

DEN is a great cinderella story right now but realistically they are the NY Knicks plus Nene and minus Amare. Better defense but no true superstar or even all-star right now.

Better question would be which team wins more games next year. DEN was clearly the better team before the trade, and after the trade they have been an on amazing run, but what would happen over the course of a full season with a training camp?

Preacher
03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Who starts a poll like this without a "Neither" option? Somewhat obnoxious assumption that either will ever get one. :laugh2: Lots of teams never get one.

Team*Chicago
03-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Neither one, but I voted the Nuggets because they are still winning without Carmelo and are still better than the Knicks on the other hand the Knicks are back to losing and the are losing with Carmelo maening the Knicks are regressing after the Carmelo trade.

Team*Chicago
03-28-2011, 04:45 PM

You aren't the only fan base that deals with haters, people hating on the Knicks because their losing with Amare and Carmelo is pretty stupid.

TO to the CHI
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Im still waiting for someone to tell me how the Nuggets are going to win in the playoffs without a legit superstar. People may bring up Detroit winning without one but Detroit had 3 allstars that year and Ben Wallace. The Knicks don't have the pieces this year but they can easily pick up the pieces in the offseason and combine them with the Stat and Melo giving the Knicks a better shot at winning a ring.

If you think it is this clear-cut, why did you waste time posting the thread/poll? Seems pretty stupid to me. Did you just want people to come in here and confirm how great the Knicks are?

I voted for the Knicks because I think it is more likely that they add an additoinal necessary piece that allows them to compete for a title (CP3, DH, or DWill). However, as currently constituted, I agree with the posters who have indicated that neither team looks set up for a title in the near future. And I think it is anything but a given that the Knicks will add one of those stars.

AddiX
03-28-2011, 05:26 PM
As a Knicks fan Denver is far better right now, but what people don't realize is the entire team basically is free agents this year or next year. It's basically an anomaly to have a team built the way they do.

Theyll pay nene for sure, and he's going to demand a lot. Everyone else will either be traded or will simply be let go.

For true basketball fans, enjoy Denver the way they are built right now though, they sure are fun to watch.

blastmasta26
03-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Neither one. The Nuggets have great depth and energy, but they have no star player and I doubt they keep all these guys. The Knicks have two stars, but neither play defense, PG with an old Billups and C are two glaring weaknesses plus a lack of depth. You could say that we can improve in the draft and offseason, but it's not very likely that we can pick up starting caliber players at both spots without going over the cap.

Mudvayne91
03-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Knicks haven't won a ship in 3 decades. I guess one could argue that they're due. Knicks would have to add some really nice pieces in the next few years to do it. Amare and Melo couldn't do it in the western conference with really good teams. I think it will be awhile before we see either of those teams win it all.

By that logic, wouldn't you say the Nuggets then? We haven't won a title ever.

If it's between the two teams now, it's Denver. The Knicks won't be able to pull a CP or another huge signing off. The CBA will make sure of that.

That being said, IDK if either wins one anytime soon.

Crackadalic
03-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Base on now? Probably Denver. they have a more balance roster while the knicks have a lot of holes. Base on the future? Who knows but the knicks have a better chance. Half of Denver's roster is FA's so its hard to say what their gonna look like without at least one star surrounded with good role players.

Ray_R
03-28-2011, 06:13 PM

Not everyone that has a different opinion than yours is a hater.

To be completely honest I don't know. On one hand you have the knickt hat are on a spiral downward but are not a finish product which I agree. I can't decide because I don't exactly know what is going to happen this year off-season. Are they going to go get CP3 and how well will they mesh. Could they be like Miami and have have 3 guys carry a team with one good role player. Will they choose to pay role players and become a very good overall balance team.

Denver Nuggets are playing pretty well since they traded away Melo and got back great young players they are 7-3 Last ten games and Im pretty sure they have a winning record since acquiring thos players just to lazy to look.

If i was force to choose bewteen those teams as they stand right now I would vote Nuggets.

LOOTERX9
03-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Kniicks will win title before Nuggets, or at least they have a more legit chance to. Denver has zero star power and no top closer to finish off games in a 7 game series. Knicks have both and they can build around them. Knicks do need a new coach 1st though before anything

Chi StateOfMind
03-28-2011, 06:17 PM
if mike d is still the coach the knicks will never win they need an ACTUAL coach who runs teams properly and maxes EACH players potential

IDB Josh M
03-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Neither, after the Lakers dynasty is over, it'll either be OKC, Chicago, Miami...

setman2000
03-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Neither but the Nuggs are closer than the knicks!

Slimsim
03-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Both are going to happen so far down the road I don't even think it's worth debating...

However, since the question was brought up, I will go with the Knicks. The New York Knicks will be the 2023-2024 NBA Champs.

**** i'll take it